It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama hits McCain's military credentials via Proxy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Barack Obama formally rejected Gen. Wesley Clark's recent comments Monday that questioned whether the John McCain's military experience qualified him to be commander in chief.

"As he's said many times before, Senator Obama honors and respects Senator McCain's service, and of course he rejects yesterday's statement by General Clark," Obama spokesman Bill Burton said in a statement.

How is that a rejection? He is just using another one of his campaign members to speak for him. Can't he do anything himself?

If Obama was really in disagreement with the statements that Clark made, he personally would have said so by now. Instead all we get is the sound of crickets from Obama.

[edit on 30/6/08 by COOL HAND]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
There is also no indication that he did NOT have anything to do with this.

If someone could conclussively prove otherwise, than it can be argued that the title should change.

The article you sourced was titled, "CLARK hits McCain's military Credentials" but YOU changed it to "OBAMA hits McCain's military Credentials via Proxy"

TOTAL 100% assumption. And you expect someone to prove otherwise?

You're assuming Obama had something to do with it, even though he has come out and rejected Clark's comments? By that logic, I can assume anything I want until someone conclusively proves otherwise?

So... I could start a thread "McCain Claims Terrorist Attack Would Help His Campaign via proxy" and you'd be OK with that?

If Obama was really in disagreement with the statements that Clark made, he personally would have said so by now.

He DID! Obama Defends McCain's Military Service

“For those who have fought under the flag of this nation – for the young veterans I meet when I visit Walter Reed; for those like John McCain who have endured physical torment in service to our country – no further proof of such sacrifice is necessary,” Obama said. “And let me also add that no one should ever devalue that service, especially for the sake of a political campaign, and that goes for supporters on both sides.”

That's OBAMA speaking.

Can YOU not do anything for yourself? Like Google it?

Look, blame Obama for this if you want. If you don't want to believe something, I'm not going to be the one to convince you, that's for sure. You guys will never be satisfied.

This is from your first post:

Does anyone know of any attempts by Obama to distance himself from these comments?

Yes. Obama himself, as well as the spokesman for his campaign have repudiated Clark's comments. And it's not good enough for you and Lloyd!! Obama didn't even know about it! LOL But to you, it's been Obama's fault all along.

Real critical thinking, there.

Bah!

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

You're assuming Obama had something to do with it, even though he has come out and rejected Clark's comments? By that logic, I can assume anything I want until someone conclusively proves otherwise?

He has NOT come out and rejected the comments Clark made. He did put out a bunch of flowery crap, but no where did I hear the words I disagree with Gen Clark. Did you?

“For those who have fought under the flag of this nation – for the young veterans I meet when I visit Walter Reed; for those like John McCain who have endured physical torment in service to our country – no further proof of such sacrifice is necessary,” Obama said. “And let me also add that no one should ever devalue that service, especially for the sake of a political campaign, and that goes for supporters on both sides.”

I don't see it there.

Can YOU not do anything for yourself? Like Google it?

I did, still no sign of Obama rejecting the statement made by his "advisor."

Yes. Obama himself, as well as the spokesman for his campaign have repudiated Clark's comments. And it's not good enough for you and Lloyd!! Obama didn't even know about it! LOL But to you, it's been Obama's fault all along.

Where was the repudation? All is spokesman said was what he thinks Obama thinks about the situation.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Real critical thinking, there.

Bah!
It's amazing that such a gullible, naive, clueless man is running for the presidency of the United States! Does he not pay attention to what goes on in the World around him or in his own campaign?

• He neither heard nor was he aware of any of the racist and anti-American comments Reverend Wright made over a 20 year period until it was pointed out to him
  • He didn't realize Tony Rezko was a criminal and under investigation when he bought a parcel of property for his Chicago home from him at half it's value.
  • He was just a kid when Bill Ayer's the "Weatherman" was committing acts of domestic terrorism in the 60's and 70's, so it's okay for them to be buds now
  • And Now, he had no knowledge of this personal attack on John McCain. it was once again one of his staffer that did it! Time for you to get your kick to the curb too Wesley Clark.. You're expendible.

[edit on 6/30/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Are you sure Lou Dobbs said that? The only source I could find for that quote is a blog page that used another blob as a source, which has been removed. Just curious.

reply to post by LLoyd45

Loyd, why is it that no matter what Obama did that you would think it was wrong? If he said nothing, you would complain, and now that he said that his service should not be diminished, it is a flowery speech. This seems to be a repeating pattern with you.

I'm glad he did respond to Clark's statement. I think it shows character. If you don't agree, I doubt anything he could say would satisfy you anyway.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

The same website with this story is a racist, anti-semetic site with other stories attacking McCain for supporting a "Jewish mafia" and for adopting a non-white child

I believe the claim to ones ignorance falls upon you, since I never stated a website as a source. Than, to further show your ignorance you throw in a little racist, anti-semetic statement to glam the effect as if that justifies your ignorance to know where I am coming from.

BTW, I won't respond to any of your ignorance after this, because you lack the essentials for a meaningfull discussion.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Loyd, why is it that no matter what Obama did that you would think it was wrong? If he said nothing, you would complain, and now that he said that his service should not be diminished, it is a flowery speech. This seems to be a repeating pattern with you.

I'm glad he did respond to Clark's statement. I think it shows character. If you don't agree, I doubt anything he could say would satisfy you anyway.
I think it's absolutely ridiculous that you, or anyone else believes That Obama had nothing to do with the comments made by Wesley Clark. It's his campaign afterall.

Just supposing he had nothing whatsoever to do with the remarks.. Is this how he would run the country? Will his White House staffers and advisors be making critical decisions on his behalf, without his knowledge or consent? i.e. Oh, we bombed Iran Mr. President while you were away. Hope that's okay.. duh

Oh, I forgot my prediction.. Wesley will get the boot just like Jeremiah, his Church, Jim Johnson, etc.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Thank you for proving my point.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

He has NOT come out and rejected the comments Clark made. He did put out a bunch of flowery crap, but no where did I hear the words I disagree with Gen Clark.

So, in his speech, he made a general statement “And let me also add that no one should ever devalue that service, especially for the sake of a political campaign, and that goes for supporters on both sides.” And you're left unclear about his opinion of Clark's statements? Really? You need him to say the exact words "I disagree with Clark" before you "get" what he's saying?

It might be hard for people to get used to after 8 years of Bushisms, but Obama is extremely articulate and he means what he says. And he also trusts that the American people are smart enough to understand what he says. When he said, "That goes for supporters on both sides", that includes Clark. He probably said it as a warning for anyone of his supporters who might be thinking about dissing McCain's service as a campaign tactic. If that's not good enough for you, then nothing is going to be.

If YOU can't understand what he's saying, and demand he say it in certain words, that's not his fault. He might not say, "I disagree Clark. Clark BAD"!

So, I guess you'll just have to go on thinking like you do. Not that anything would change that anyway. After all, you've had your mind made up since you heard this that Obama was "behind it". That's just your fantasy. No fact at all.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by LLoyd45

You're Welcome, whatever your point might have been.

Now how about answering my question? Is this the manner in which the White House will be run if he gets elected?

It's a rhetorical question at best, since I know you'll never bother to address it.. Why even pretend to have a discussion on a topic, if you've already made your mind up?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I did, still no sign of Obama rejecting the statement made by his "advisor."

Wesley Clark is NOT an Obama advisor. He is a supporter of the Democratic party.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that you, or anyone else believes That Obama had nothing to do with the comments made by Wesley Clark. It's his campaign afterall.

And we think it's ridiculous that you do.

Then again as we've seen in the 10,000 anti-Obama threads here, you guys aren't interested in facts at all, just slinging mud. There's no concern for principle or honesty or integrity, just political expedience - but that kind of despicable "anything to win, anything to make the other guy look bad" stuff is precisely what the American people are sick and tired of.

Clark is a prominent Democrat, and one that's trying to get his name in the news because he wants to be Obama's VP. He's not part of the Obama campaign, and wasn't speaking on behalf of it.

It also appears that his plan has backfired, and hurt his shot at the VP job.

[edit on 6/30/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

reply to post by LLoyd45

You're Welcome, whatever your point might have been.

I'm sorry. Do I need to slow down for you? Considering your inability to be objective, I can see how you might not understand.

Now how about answering my question? Is this the manner in which the White House will be run if he gets elected?

So now I have to answer any question you post? OK, yes sir.

You make it sound like this is a new phenomenon. How many other politicians have had to make statements about something their subordinates said? Too many to list. Furthermore it is a stretch to call Clark a subordinate in the first place since he is only an adviser to the campaign.

I'm sure that after Obama is elected, he will be asked first before bombing Iran like in your unrealistic scenario.

It's a rhetorical question at best, since I know you'll never bother to address it.. Why even pretend to have a discussion on a topic, if you've already made your mind up?

That's a good one. Were you talking to yourself, or do I need to spell out the painfully obvious to you again?

Just in case you really don't understand, you would not be satisfied with whatever outcome because you are obviously helping to spread slander on Obama so you will spin it accordingly. You are not fooling anyone.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
There's no concern for principle or honesty or integrity, just political expedience - but that kind of despicable "anything to win, anything to make the other guy look bad" stuff is precisely what the American people are sick and tired of.
I was thinking the exact same except about Obama supporters.. I guess great minds do think alike after all.

Clark is a prominent Democrat, and one that's trying to get his name in the news because he wants to be Obama's VP. He's not part of the Obama campaign, and wasn't speaking on behalf of it.

Now he's probably Barack's top contender for the VP slot, and you honestly believe he'd make such a stupid comment without getting Obama's approval first? Don't be naive..

Wesly will get his kick to the curb shortly... wait and see.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

If YOU can't understand what he's saying, and demand he say it in certain words, that's not his fault. He might not say, "I disagree Clark. Clark BAD"!
Your comment about not understanding Obama made me think of this post.. I've been saying the same thing all along.

There is a serious problem in the Obama campaign. There is a drastic shortage of Obamabunto translators. Obamabunto, of course, is the native language of the Obamas. And while Obamabunto sounds very similar to English, it actually has VERY different meanings.

For example, Mrs. Obama recently said that "for the first time in my life, I am really proud to be an American." Now, of course, in normal ENGLISH, this would seem to indicate that Mrs. Obama has been ASHAMED to be an American her entire life.

However, in OBAMABUNTO, the phrase "For the first time in my life", has an entirely DIFFERENT meaning! In Obamabunto, the phrase "For the first time in my life" translates roughly into the word "Achooo". Or, in some cases, "burp".

In other words, after translating to Obamabunto, Mrs. Obama's statement has AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT MEANING!!! What Mrs. Obama REALLY said was "Achooo. I am really proud to be an American." Which, of course, is VERY patriotic, as SHE is very patriotic and always proud to be an American. However, you might think otherwise is you do not speak Obamabunto.

Full Post

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

I think there is ZERO chance he'll be offered the position. I happen to agree with what Clark said, but like McCain's ADVISOR and his comment about a terrorist attack being good for McCain, it's true, but it's not something you blurt out on the campaign trail or in an attempt at gaining favor of your chosen candidate.

Backfire is exactly what happened. Clark can give up any dreams he had of VP. They crossed his name off the list. He's OUT.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

More slander and smear Loyd. I knew I could count on you.

Meanwhile, here is another example that shows that Obama thinks that military service is something that should not be used against someone.

(CNN) — Barack Obama on Monday seemed to take a direct swipe at MoveOn.org, the powerful liberal group which endorsed the Illinois senator's candidacy earlier this year and was at times instrumental to his organization in several key battleground states.

In a speech designed to combat charges he lacks patriotism, Obama sharply condemned organizations that use "these old, threadbare arguments" to level criticisms and specifically pointed to MoveOn.org's controversial newspaper ad last fall that attacked the top U.S. general in Iraq, David Petraeus.

Obama takes swipe at MoveOn

But that is still not good enough, is it Loyd?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'm sorry. Do I need to slow down for you? Considering your inability to be objective, I can see how you might not understand.
Nahhh.. I realize what the problem is now.

So now I have to answer any question you post? OK, yes sir.
It's the polite thing to do in a discussion isn't it? I didn't ask that you address me as "sir" either.

You make it sound like this is a new phenomenon. How many other politicians have had to make statements about something their subordinates said? Too many to list. Furthermore it is a stretch to call Clark a subordinate in the first place since he is only an adviser to the campaign.
Please, Your talking semantics here with words like subordinate, advisor, supporter.. Wesley Clark WAS one of his top choices for VP. He simply stuck his neck out for Obama, and got it cut off.

I'm sure that after Obama is elected, he will be asked first before bombing Iran like in your unrealistic scenario.
I certainly hope so, but then again, the results might not be any more favorable.

That's a good one. Were you talking to yourself, or do I need to spell out the painfully obvious to you again?

Just in case you really don't understand, you would not be satisfied with whatever outcome because you are obviously helping to spread slander on Obama so you will spin it accordingly. You are not fooling anyone.
I'd be satisfied if he'd simply speak in plain English that didn't require translation by people like you and BH all the time.. Why do so many people have difficulty understanding what he really said?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Why do so many people have difficulty understanding what he really said?

I'd rather not say...

Maybe if people read more books?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

More slander and smear Loyd. I knew I could count on you.
I prefer to call it a difference of opinion myself. Stating facts is not slandering or smearing someone.

Meanwhile, here is another example that shows that Obama thinks that military service is something that should not be used against someone.

(CNN) — Barack Obama on Monday seemed to take a direct swipe at MoveOn.org, the powerful liberal group which endorsed the Illinois senator's candidacy earlier this year and was at times instrumental to his organization in several key battleground states.

In a speech designed to combat charges he lacks patriotism, Obama sharply condemned organizations that use "these old, threadbare arguments" to level criticisms and specifically pointed to MoveOn.org's controversial newspaper ad last fall that attacked the top U.S. general in Iraq, David Petraeus.

Obama takes swipe at MoveOn

But that is still not good enough, is it Loyd?

As I said, his loyalty to his supporters is questionable. He's kicked old Jeremiah, his church, his VP Vetter Jim Johnson, Wesley Clark, and now Moveon.org to the curb in the name of political expediency.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join