It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Taboo Meat? (Human).

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Good question....

"Donner, party of 33...your table is ready"

I think in an extreme life or death situation, and it would have to be extreme, I would. But, hopefully I've seen enough Man vs Wild episodes to get me through before I had to do that!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think the people who really would be cannibals are the fat people. They can't stop eating on a daily bases. Imagine what they would do if they didn't have their normal 5 meals a day.

I rather just kill myself.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Seeing as how I think it's immoral to eat another human being, the only scenario in which I would do such a thing is if the people had already died and I was in a situation where it was eat an already dead person or starve.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

...the only scenario in which I would do such a thing is if the people had already died and I was in a situation where it was eat an already dead person or starve.

If you ate someone who starved to death, you would die anyway. So what's the point? If you want to survive, you would have to kill the person before they starve to death.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Good point, seeing as how no essential nutrients would be in the starved victim. I suppose I would just starve to death myself then, simply because I just don't think I have the right to take someone else's life to save my own. I suppose I would sacrifice my own life to save others so they could eat me before I starved to death, and maybe have some redemption in the after-life (presuming there is one).

One can never speculate as to what he/she will do in a situation as bizarre as that though, because most people end up going to far extremes to stay alive. So in all reality, based on the psychology of most humans, I would end up killing someone to save myself. I just hope I never have to do that.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I thought the taboo meat was cat!
You never know, leg of neighbor might be good straight off the grill.
I'd get someone else to try it first... In fact, they would probably have to tell me it was horse or alligator or something. I couldn't stomach it otherwise.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I can't believe that no-one has 'taken the bait' (as it were). I believe we MUST taste like CHICKEN!
In all seriousness, (if this is possible now!) the eating of human flesh is acceptable ONLY during life or death situations. Meaning that the life of the survivors can be saved by their consumption of the victims.

This is a sad thread, Gram.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Cannibalism, for any mammal, is actually dangerous in the long term. So it should certainly only be done sparingly. Some people think that mad-cow disease came about because of ground cow bone mixed in with their food.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cruzion

I thought the taboo meat was cat!

The other other taboo meat.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Haha well said. I certainly would NOT want to be stuck in a life-or-death cannibal situation with Fat Bastard. That said, human nature is to survive by whatever means necessary.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gramafaloon
I believe we MUST taste like CHICKEN!

No, that's just the cowards.

Some people might taste like beef because they're full of bull.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by gekko
If we taste like sweet pork, what spices would go well with us?

Salt and pepper is a given. Tarragon perhaps?

I would have to say....Cloves w/a mixture of chopped pineapple and brown suger....Oh and as for if I would do it....In a heart beat!!!! I will survive by any means...If it was between my wife and I you better bet that i'll come out on top....I'm sorry, I love her and all, but I know deep down she would have wanted me to eat her..

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

On the several ocassions where I ate human flesh, I did not know the "source" of the meat.
i am not suprised that, among many other things, you've also eaten human meat. Man, you sure experience a lot in life :shk:

If you wait for other people to starve to death, and then eat them, you will starve to death anyway. The meat of someone who has starved to death has about the same nutritional value as your boot. So you would have committed the sin long after it would do you any good anyway.

This is quite possibly the most ignorant paragraph in this thread so far. Ignorant by means of "you need to educate yourself"

What is meat ? Meat is muscle

What is muscle made of Muscle stores nutrients and calories.

So the same nutritional value of a boot?
cmon man. Do some research before you post.

In the end all. i guess it depends on who it was, and what the circumstances are.

If the person were my wife. I'd rather eat my own tongue.
If the person were my best friend, i'd seriously consider it, after i'd exhuasted every other possibly concieved notion.

Because lets face it, yes you'll live. But you'll be scarred for the rest of your life.

Some things just arent worth living through, IMO.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I remember reading all kinds of strange stories when I was younger. I don't remember who gave me all the strange material to read. One was a story about some girls who were stranded somewhere with nothing to eat. They literally ate their own fingers they got so hungry. If I was so hungry I was hallucinating, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near me. I might just start gnawing on your finger and not be able to stop.

I once worked with someone who once ate cats. I remember he said there was a taste difference between a wild cat and a domestic cat. I don't remember which one he said tasted better. I wouldn't be surprised if it all tastes like chicken.

I would have to change my ways if food got scarce, for instance if I encounter a girl who first says "you smell good", then she starts licking you and then says, "you taste good too". Instead of just sitting there, I would either get away or defend myself.

I met a girl the other night with two sharp pointy teeth who seemed to be into me. I don't know why I kept thinking she looks like she wants to eat me. I'd probably get this feeling a lot more in a not so nice way if food was scarce. I can imagine people would fight to the death because they would be afraid of getting captured and eaten alive.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

WHAT THE **** thats all i can think LOL that is the weirdest thing I've ever seen
what drugs were those chicks on what the hell

i cant believe the 80s lol

thank god we evolved to "baby, the other other white meat" and "get in my belly"

nice posts on those

but i have to say the i eat cannibals was the creepiest post on this thread lol

i could never eat human

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
damn right ,no questions asked if i was starving and all other options were off the table..whats that movie with the football team? i think,crash the plane and are forced to eat each others when they are frozen etc?...no cooking just cut a bit of frozen flesh off...based on a true stoy i think..Anyway yeah,good film,i dont see much taboo in eating a dead person if yours and others life depended on it...really i think most people who are saying no...probably would in that situation.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
For those interested in the different types of cannabalism check out the link bellow.

www.trutv.com...

(I found the below case to be interesting and quite disturbing)

The following is an exerpt from a letter written by Albert Fish to his victim's mother...

In 1894 a friend of mine shipped as a deck hand on the Steamer Tacoma, Capt. John Davis. They sailed from San Francisco for Hong Kong China. On arriving there he and two others went ashore and got drunk. When they returned the boat was gone.

At that time there was famine in China. Meat of any kind was from $1 to 3 Dollars a pound. So great was the suffering among the very poor that all children under 12 were sold for food in order to keep others from starving. A boy or girl under 14 was not safe in the street. You could go in any shop and ask for steak -- chops -- or stew meat. Part of the naked body of a boy or girl would be brought out and just what you wanted cut from it. A boy or girls behind which is the sweetest part of the body and sold as veal cutlet brought the highest price.

John staid there so long he acquired a taste for human flesh.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by MrsEsterhouse]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I had an instructor in survival school once that was truly hardcore. His theory was "Once it's dead it ain't nothin' but meat". I would have to retain that philosophy. As long as I kept that in mind, no problem.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I dont see why everyone thinks eating human flesh would be such a big deal? i wouldnt want to kill someone and eat them, but i would eat them if i had to to survive. if it came to it, id do anything to survive... even eat my own family

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I think that if things were that bad, and it came to this point (unable to hunt or fish ect) I would just put a bullet in my head and end the suffering. I feel ther is something better than this life to come anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join