It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Taboo Meat? (Human).

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
An evolutionary biologist acquaintance of mine once said something to this effect:
"Survival advantages of genus homo? Well, one factor commonly overlooked is that they taste like sh*t."

No killing. That's one of the main reasons cannibalism is illegal. The criminal designation assumes homicide.

But if you're faced with the choice of death or eating a dead body, well, Bon Apettit!!

Historically, people accused of cannibalism have often been pardoned upon consideration of the circumstances.

It's not that big a deal. And it isn't immoral under extreme circumstances.
Yet, it would have to be the absolute last resort, right? . . . Right?!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
No problems here. I would eat the meatiest first, but not the unhealthiest : )

Of course they would have to have already succumbed to death, and I already am weary when eating different meats (imagining what their intake was), so I would have to study the skin and guts for sure to see if the meat is even all good to eat. If it looks nasty I would rather die. If it looked healthy enough, I would start to cook.

Whether I could keep it down or not is another question. People can eat me if I die, no problem, if they must to survive. I would stay away from my smoker's lungs though : )

Well, well done for me.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by astronomine

Wait! You would rather starve than eat questionable meat, yet you're a smoker?
Just kidding. I was unaware of this, but it seems people on ATS favor the buttox as a cut.
Human Ham? Rumpshaker Roast? ... ok...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Look, in the end if people are starving they will eat whats in front of them, family pets, humans it doesn't amtter it's meat. If i was starving to the point where i was near death, like those people who crashed in the andes, then yep i'm willing to bet i'd succumb and eat humans. I wouldn't feel good about it, but hunger is hunger.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I see the human body as a container, when the person is dead, its nothing but flesh and bones left, no soul, no personality. In a life or death situation i think i could eat human meat, but i would not kill a person for it, and i would NEVER eat one of my friends... i'd rather starve

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sannhet

If the human body is nothing me than a container, a view i agree upon as a possibility, then does it matter if it's a friend or a stranger? In the end it's nothing but meat.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

i am not suprised that, among many other things, you've also eaten human meat. Man, you sure experience a lot in life

It came from a Halal butcher shop, that obviously has since been closed down. The owners were from India and fled to escape prosecution, after the health inspector made the discovery.

So the same nutritional value of a boot? cmon man. Do some research before you post.

Okay, you keep believeing that. I hope we crash a plane in some deserted place together, because I know who the shish-kabob is.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
this is disgusting,man im gonna eat you.....no im gonna eat you.....nuh uh im gonna eat you....what the heck is this....i would gladly die before i ate any of you.....im ashamed to be a a part of mankind....because of this kind of crap right here

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Since I'm part alien from the planet Quack Quack near the star system Buttercup I have partaken of human flesh many times, French long neck ribs are served as a delicacy in many parts of this galaxy.

The human tangerine blood shake with added adrenaline is a great booster and I highly recommend it.

It's not all that bad you should try it sometime.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Alien_Question]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i have been thinking most times wen looking at people who I would kill to eat, I have imaginations of sicking a fork through their eyes and pulling it out and eating it.
I have imaginations of all sorts of things like frying fingers etc. Its kinda like a fantasy, am been serious and yes i go to a shrink , i would willing kill anyone and eat any human.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

You don't get it do you? Lots of species will become canabalistic if the situation requires it.

Again i point to the plane that crashed in the andes where they were forced to eat other human beings to survive. Are you saying these are bad people? Have you ever read anything about it? They were normal people, put into an extreme situation and did the only thing they could to survive. I'm afraid i would have done the same as them, don't get me wrong give me a chicken leg over a human any day. However if i'm starving to death and human is all there is, i bet you i would grab that dead cooked human and eat what i could.

It's not a thought i want to indulge, it's not a thing i want to ever happen if at all possible, it's a thing which i would be forced into to stay alive.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

yes i do get it....what ever it is.i bet i wouldnt (fry me up) some human and have at it...you dont get it do you?its disgusting,so i take it your saying "well all the other animals are doing it" so that makes it okay?talk about some weird kind of peer pressure here.and dont take me the wrong way,im not pointing fingers,there are alot of other ways to survive,besides eating human beings,maybe survivalism class is in oreder for many people in this thread,personally i could survive without ever eating my neighbor....how about you?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is exactly the kind of question I would imagine in a country trained to not look after each other and in an emergency see their fellow humans as enemies and competitiors to the resources. I can't imagine this in one that knows the equalizing power of pooling resources more, ie. Scandinavian countries. Norway is already nearly ascended in its social structure. If money were to disappear, yet your commitment to each other remains the same, then the answer is to take the survivors into a communtiy, or connected groups of community, excluding non, that is your elderly, your handicapped, none. Excluding makes groups of murderers and plus it has NO HONOR. Then start to organize a society that can accomplish what it needs with many hands to erect shelters, hunt purify water, others looking after people, that can flourish, with no money. You might end up with a better world than you started with. If the economy collapses, rather than martial law and the nazi fourth reicht takeover, why not simply and quickly organize an all inclusive collective that honors freedom of thought and expression and doesn't qualify for totalitarianism, to replace the crap we've been living with all these years. Instead of brutality, you'd be free to create a society like pleadians. So if something happens, start organizing people, and turn no one down. Get it?

[edit on 30-6-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The only thing a disaster would do is make you realize the evil natures of your governments, your employees you've paid so well as these years who sold you out, so you can ignore their sorry as*es and create a perfect collective higher consciousness level one par excellent.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

thank you,you said this better than i could.if im stranded somewhere i hope its with you...rather than having to worry about (whos gonna eat me).i was told i dont get it but its obvious now it wasnt me not getting it,this country was built on people thinking the way you just described,not by eating each other.peace

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Everyone is looking at this all wrong. Think community and pooling resources. If its just the economy, ignore the government and form and ideal moneyless society. If its volcanoes, flooding, or planet x, arrange ahead of time for people to meet away from the coast, heading to the continental divide (ie. colarado or in Canada, Lake Louise is the highest village). Though bear in mind, in one of the Hopi accounts I read, the earth spins 4 times. Don't think they would survive in their underground cities either if that happened. In fact a few physics forums have said the earth would turn molten. So, group up and stay civilized.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

" Oh no hunny, I just want to run some drills to make sure you'll be alive. So why don't you just eat me now so you'll know what to do when the time cums."

Gigitty gigitty goo...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I can't honestly answer this question, since I have never been SOO hungry, that eating a person seemed appealing at the time.

I don't THINK I could do it - I'm pretty sure I'd start eating the grass around me, the tree bark, heck, I'm sure I would eat ANYTHING else around me, to avoid the human flesh.

I personally, think that eating the Human Flesh would cause some tremendous psychological trauma, and some chemical problems within the body. I don't just think you would be traumatized from eating the meat, but you're whole foundation of thinking "what is right, what is wrong" is going to shift drastically. But I guess if you're in survival mode, there are no such things as right and wrong - it's Live or Die.

The trauma one would experience from eating a friend, relative, or even a stranger, will no doubt (I think) have a lasting effect on the brain. I don't think it'll be one of those casual "Oh remember that time we thought we were gonna die, so we ate Susan?" I think it would have more serious lasting effects. Some people might start to hate themselves for what they've had to do. I doubt that it would be so casual as "We did what we had to, to survive."

Mad Cow Disease - doesn't that come from Cows eating Cows? I don't think its healthy for any species to eat itself, im sure there would be consequences further down the road if Humans were to start eating Humans.

A British inquiry into BSE concluded that the epidemic was caused by cattle, who are normally herbivores, being fed the remains of other cattle in the form of meat and bone meal (MBM), which caused the infectious agent to spread.[7][8] The origin of the disease itself remains unknown.

en.wikipedia.org...

The origin of Mad Cow Disease is still unknown, I guess, but I believe, that it has something to do with the Cows eating Cows: thereofre, I think that if Humans started to eat Humans, we would also see some psychological changes in the brain, for lack of a better way to put it - we'd go crazy. Not just from the trauma of eating another human, but from the chemical changes, similar to that of Mad Cow Disease, in the brain.

Just some thoughts on the issue...

- Carrot

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

Lol maybe you shoudl check my other threads, i'm well schooled in survival, the hypothetical questinw as if there was nothing else to eat. You obviously missed that bit didn't you.

Note i woudln't kill someone to eat them i'm talking of someone who is already dead and i come across the body. Just like the survivors of the andes crash, areyou saing when you were starving in the snow capped andes, no other food around you wouldn't eat to live? I think anyone to say otherwise just can't comprehend such a situation, i know i'd eat anything given to me. I wouldn't like it, i'd be disgusted, but survival is a strong drive.

en.wikipedia.org...

The survivors had a small amount of food: a few chocolate bars, other assorted snacks, and several bottles of wine. During the days following the crash they divided out this food in very small amounts so as not to exhaust their meager supply. Fito also devised a way to melt snow into water by using metal from the seats and placing snow on it. The snow then melted in the sun and dripped into empty wine bottles.

Even with this strict rationing, their food stock dwindled quickly. Furthermore, there was no natural vegetation or animals on the snow-covered mountain. The group thus survived by collectively making a decision to eat flesh from the bodies of their dead comrades. This decision was not taken lightly, as most were classmates or close friends. In his 2006 book, Miracle in the Andes: 72 Days on the Mountain and My Long Trek Home, Nando Parrado comments on this decision:

At high altitude, the body's caloric needs are astronomical ... we were starving in earnest, with no hope of finding food, but our hunger soon grew so voracious that we searched anyway ... again and again we scoured the fuselage in search of crumbs and morsels. We tried to eat strips of leather torn from pieces of luggage, though we knew that the chemicals they'd been treated with would do us more harm than good. We ripped open seat cushions hoping to find straw, but found only inedible upholstery foam ... Again and again I came to the same conclusion: unless we wanted to eat the clothes we were wearing, there was nothing here but aluminium, plastic, ice, and rock.[2]

All of the passengers were Roman Catholic, a point which was emphasized by Piers Paul Read in Alive. According to Read, some equated the act to the ritual of Holy Communion. Others initially had reservations, though after realizing that it was their only means of staying alive, changed their minds a few days later.

That man has lived the situation and i will take from him the actions which i myself and every other human being would succumb to. I am not saying it's right, i am not saying it should be done, i'm saying it has to be done in such situations. A horrible and sad fact.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

[edit on 30-6-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm vegan, but in an extreme situation I don't see anything wrong with eating humans who have already died.

By extreme, I mean in a desert, or frozen place where your survival depended on seeing those people as a source of food.

What I wouldn't do is kill any other living creatures in preference to eating an already dead human being.

I do think that out of courtesy survivors should keep their meals to the minimum.

I think,too, that survivors would have to get over their repulsion pretty quickly - especially in a hot place.

Having said all of the above, I don't know that I could be the one to do the butchering. I could manage the cooking, but I have to be honest and say the dirty work would fall to someone else.

Let's hope for my sake I'm not the last one standing in this type of emergency.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join