It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Taboo Meat? (Human).

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I don't want to gross people out but i would eat a piece of human now if it were legal. I want to try it... im not going to go out and get some. If the opportunity were to arrive via a Eat or die situation i would eat it.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The age old dilemma with this question is pretty simple so I will point it out for everyone.

You see .. people do not usually want to eat human meat, it's just a natural thing that we do not want it, be it a social taboo, something in our psyche, whatever .. its just the way it is. Now there are your odd exceptions, the wacko cannibal types such as Jeffrey Dahmer.

Now, in all situations where man has resorted to eating his fellow man to survive after running out of all other options, the humans involved are usually by that point in time extremely malnourished, starving, weak but most importantly, not thinking straight, delusional, hallucinating, irrational. This alone does not overcome the natural taboo, but it helps. What has happened in the past on ships lost at sea, arctic expeditions that get lost or stranded, boats that ran aground in the polar regions, etc, is that the people involved systematically ate everything, even their own sled dogs, or in the case of a ship, their own slaves!

After the dogs, horses, and slaves are all gone, the people are still starving, so they begin eating those that die, or killing those on the verge of death in the party and then eating them. After this, they would take a lottery, and whoever came up.. was the one getting killed and eaten. I watched a documentary about it, one guy went permanently insane because his number was chosen in the lottery, and they were going to kill him and eat him the following morning, but then they were found and saved. Nevertheless, the mental trauma of being up all night thinking about your imminent demise on top of a malnourished, starving scurvy ridden body was enough to permanently make him crazy.

So then, we cannot accurately answer this question because we are not starving. If we were starving, the answers would likely be much, much different. Those who held out and refused at first would eventually give in when their body ate itself to near-death. Then it becomes .. death or a taboo meal. Most pick the taboo meal.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Here. try the worminator story. About halfway down.

I swear some folks are actually stupid enough to eat each other......

mikegibbons.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
hmmm...if i had the choice over a freshly-dead shot human body (would have to be an anonymous body tho) or starving whilst sheltering and unable to venture out to hunt/forage for 'regular' food in the next few days, I'd be carving-up longpig steaks to cook a slap-up feast for tea

remember, mother nature hates things to go to waste

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
i would not eat one of my friends, but i would eat a stranger if necessary. Several things though, 1 id have to kill them humanely. quick, like a bullet to the heart. Second, i bet its really hard to find an organic human. Toxins move up the food chain, and im sure that humans are massive repositories of pcb's mercury, pharmeceuticals, and all other kinds of nastiness, so that being the case, i think it would be better to eat children rather than adults....and of course id have to search hard to make sure they are unvaccinated children...and hopefully not on psyche drugs or anything.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
hmmm im sorry but i can never ever eat someone else, espically my family or my close friends, neither my boyfriend, not even my own dog, i jus culdnt bring myself 2 do it, i wuld rather drink a whole lot of water everyday and just starve myself, cause i jus culdnt do it, even thinking of it, makes me sick. But i always wondered how blood taste

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
In a short-term emergency where I knew I would die from starvation if I did not consume available human meat, I would eat human meat. But there are conditions. I would never kill another human and cannibalize him/her, unless I was in a situation where the other person may have killed me first. Still I doubt I would be able to eat that person. Murdering another humanbeing for food is far, far removed from what I believe myself capable of doing for survival. I realize I never know of course, as I have never really been near-death hungry. I have been Army Week of Hell hungry, but not near-death hungry.

Consumtion of meat from humans who already died is a no-problem scenario for me. It would surely be odd, and not plesant to prepare or consume regardless of taste, but I would most probably do it without having any issues about it as long as I didnt kill the person to eat it.

Long-term consumption of human meat is out of the question. There are too many negative effects on your body according to research on cannibalism. And it's just a plain wrong way to live. I would rather kill myself than live a life as even a part-time cannibal. Luckily such a scenario is highly unrealistic.

I do not believe it is ethically wrong to consume human meat from already dead bodies. It is illegal in some parts of the world however, and I would report my crime if I broke any laws, and face up to what I did.

Killing another human being for food even in an emergency should be dealt with as murder-cannibalism in a juridical context. If you end up in a survival of the fittest situation, then though luck... the society should still punish you. Naturally the situation should be taken into consideration. There is a difference between killining and cannibalising to survive, and going Albert Fish on the neighborhood children.

Killing another human being for food is also wrong in an ethical context in my opinion. Some time you have to make compromises to your ethics of course, but I view it as highly unethical.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by me_ofef_seraph]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
In the twentieth century there were some limited investigations into the questino of what did former cannibals think tasted most like the human meat they had given up after conversion to Christianity.

There answer was the tinned meat product: SPAM.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I could imagine, going to a red lobster, this time though called red human, humans, floating in the red water tank instead of lobster. Lol, no.

Humans will do anything when they are starving to death, mass riots, people killing others for bread (africa).

I would have done the same thing the argentinian rugby players would have done, eat the flesh off the dead bodies.

I also would give permission for anyone else to eat me, preferably id be dead already. I taste better with a little salt. lol

PS, if im not dead and someone wants to eat me, you bet ill put up quite a fight for your meal

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Puke..................although there's this beautiful redhead lives a couple of blocks down. I'd nibble on her for awhile.

P.S. Watch for people that carry a knife and fork.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
In reply to the poster who was thinking about red fava beans,
I believe you forgot to add a Nice Chianti to the mix...!!!

in addition there are TWO types of humans that would be
part of the equation regarding edibility....

If you want lean but tough beef to gnaw on, I suggest hanging
about at Golds Gym when the SHTF scenario comes up, otherwise
camp near a Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig clinic if you want
something more succulent and marbled....;-)

And of course NEVER forget to add some sea salt and fresh ground
when roasting over the barby cuz it IS hard to get rid
of that gamey, fast food after taste without some extra seasonings...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If it came to the point where you MUST eat another human to survive, you're probably better off just killing yourself or letting yourself starve to death because conditions in the world are obviously trash to begin with.

Originally posted by Khounur
I don't want to gross people out but i would eat a piece of human now if it were legal. I want to try it... im not going to go out and get some. If the opportunity were to arrive via a Eat or die situation i would eat it.

If you're really just dying to eat some human, why not try some of yourself? Take a nice chunk out of your chest and grill it up, thats not illegal, just don't tell anyone because then they'll all know you have severe mental issues and make your life a living hell, not saying it already isn't I'm sure your curiosity of what human flesh must taste like is driving you nuts.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Mark Mortem]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I would definitely eat another human in a survival scenario, but I would never kill someone to obtain it. However, I do have a morbid curiosity as to how it would taste. If given a legal chance, I would nibble some!

Oh, and to the person who suggested taking a chunk out of oneself... Maybe I'll do it when I'm old and gray, as a scientific experiment. LOL

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I am comfortable enough with death to know that I would never do something like that to survive.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Some natives in South America cannibalize.....they say it helps them produce visions.

Also the human tongue is said to produce stronger visions, if eaten.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by CommanderSinclair]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I wouldnt kill them I wouldnt have the heart to kill someone in the lust to eat.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well, I read through the first page, sorry if any of this got posted on the second, but I doubt it.

The taste of human flesh varies depending on what that person ate and drank when they were alive. But of course, preperation of the meat can make it generally indistinguishable from other types of meat.

On the several ocassions where I ate human flesh, I did not know the "source" of the meat.

Before learning that I had ingested human flesh, I had already decided that I certainly would do so in a serious situation. I would also do so long before any one else decided to.

If you wait for other people to starve to death, and then eat them, you will starve to death anyway. The meat of someone who has starved to death has about the same nutritional value as your boot. So you would have committed the sin long after it would do you any good anyway.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I would kind of be afraid to eat another human and die starving. Not because I would think of it as sin or taboo, just because of the AIDS. Enough said

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I Eat Cannibals...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
A Modest Proposal

Here's the thread I started on the article...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join