It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Taboo Meat? (Human).

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
NEW QUESTION,

If you were all alone stuck in some place where there is nothing left but Ice or Stone and your starving:

The only thing you had on you was a knife, would you carve pieces and chunks of flesh and skin off your own body for survival?

You knew a search and rescue was on the way but you needed to survive for however long it took them to find you.

Would you eat yourself?

CHOW TIME

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Alien_Question]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien_Question

If that's a serious question then no. The body is better at eating itself under extreme circumstances than me carving off my own flesh. To digest the flesh would require energy in large amounts, where as my body can chemically disolve itself far more efficiently.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien_Question

This question occurred to me too. I think I might drink my own blood.

The thing that would gross me out would be drinking my own (or anyone else's) urine. I really would die before I'd do that.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
In a world where there is food all around us if you look hard enough in nature, there is no need to even discuss cannibalism.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I've been fascinated by the idea of cannibalism lately and have been reading a lot of library books on the subject. Apparently, human meat is quite delicious and has a really good texture to it as well. From what I gather, according to people with reliable palates who have sampled the meat in good condition, we taste a lot like veal.

I like the idea of using our dead (only using bodies sold by the dead's next of kin, organ donors and people who die while incarcarated, of course) to create a cheap, perhaps Spam-like, food source which could replace things like food stamps for poor Americans who rely on government assistance, as well as whatever food the government donates to third world nations.

The positive impact this would have on society is clear. First, funeral costs are ridiculously expensive, so selling one's flesh could help offset the cost of death. In addition, we'd not only spend less money trying to improve our International reputation (or whatever the reasoning is behind all that food sent abroad), but we'd save millions of taxpayer dollars that are wasted by social programs that are being abused by lazy people and not those who are truly not capable of providing for themselves and their families.

I don't think there's anything universally morally wrong about consuming human flesh - it was standard practice in almost every other part of the world but Europe until quite recently. In fact, one could say that anyone against the idea of cannibalism is a Western xenophobe.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnforgiveableSin
I would kind of be afraid to eat another human and die starving. Not because I would think of it as sin or taboo, just because of the AIDS. Enough said

While I know that many blood-drinkers rightly fear contracting an STD from their activity, I don't know if you can catch AIDS from a properly-prepared meal of human flesh. And even if you could, you've got to remember that if you're eating a person to keep from starving to death, AIDS is the last of your worries. You can live for decades with HIV - and you've got to remember that it's harder to catch than a lot of people think, and the doctors are getting better every year - but I don't even think you can live a month without food. I'd rather have AIDS and be alive than not have it and be dead.

Edited to add this note: There is a fatal brain disease called Kuru that is spread through human cannibalism. However, I think it's caused moreso by poor meal-preparation practices than the actual consumption of human flesh. Natives in Papau New Guinea became infected after eating the brains of their dead. I'm not an expert, but I think it's usually better to eat freshly-killed animals than those that die of natural causes. This would apply to humans as well, no?

en.wikipedia.org...

One more note - the disease causes fits of laughter in those afflicted. So it may kill you, but at least you'll be having fun!

[edit on 30-6-2008 by EverythingYouDespise]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Question is, who here is ready to eat their own kind to survive? What's the conditions? Are you willing to be a Cannibal?this is a quote from the op,so stop making things up,now youre just trying to make yourself look good..

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion
I thought the taboo meat was cat!

Nope. Cat's the tabby meat!

Cheap joke, I know.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
I personally would rather starve to death than eat one of my friends.

You've never been truly hungry.

I'm talking about the kind of hunger that no longer feels like the hunger you know, but causes you to dwindle physically, mentally and spiritually. I'm talking about the kind of hunger that causes hallucinations and makes everything that moves look like food--the kind of hunger that makes maggots look like filet mignon or tofu burgers, depending on your current tastes, and makes insects look like candy.

It's a good thing that human flesh isn't on your list of acceptable foodstuffs, but believe me, there is a beast within you that will when the time is right devour anything.

[edit on 2008/6/30 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Question is, who here is ready to eat their own kind to survive? What's the conditions? Are you willing to be a Cannibal?

nice point spread 11666?

and 11

just watched the cia lsd scandel on ntgeo. 77 days they used lsd on prisoners...in a row thats 12+11+10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2. why not one more day? maybe bad portals happen. Now ive only tried three days straight tripping and that was insane...cant imagine what happened to those poor prisoners. Oh and go watch man vs wild...theres no need to eat each other...go get a book on indigenious plants around your area duh...perferably bulbs and shrooms...your just promoting fear thoughts. Be at peace brother...angel?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Fascinating thread! I have not read all the posts because there are so many but I would love to share some ideas on the topic.

First off, I would be interesting in trying human flesh just out of curiosity, though I have read it is very greasy. Those that render bodies to create skeletons say humans are literally dripping with fat, far more than most animals. I am not a vegetarian and do feel bad about eating animals, if they started selling the meat of human criminals in neat, healthy little cellophane packages at the grocery store I would try to switch over.

Cannibalism is still practiced in the Congo, and surrounding areas particularly during times of war (not due to starvation but to intimidate the populace and possibly to gain power from the victims). A few years ago the Pigmies asked the U.N. for assistance because they were being hunted for their meat, apparently the hunters believed pigmy meat may have magical powers.

Secondly, there are disease factors to consider. Any omnivore can carry roundworm, and you can get it by eating the meat if it is not cooked well enough (Trichinosis in pigs is a perfect example, trichinosis is roundworm, all predators and omnivores can carry it).

HIV would not be an issue if the meat was cooked well as the virus is pretty fragile, but it would be a big issue while butchering the carcass, HIV, Hepatitis, and probably a ton of other blood born diseases. Another disease that may be an issue is Creutzfeldt-Jakob, especially if cannibalism has become popular. They suspect Mad Cow disease is a byproduct of that, the Brits got the brilliant idea of feeding cattle bone meal, and they bought it in bulk from India where bodies are frequently burned and thrown into rivers. Scientists believe that contaminated bone was ingested by cattle and that may have caused Mad Cow disease.

Anyone that wants to read some true, fascinating stories on this topic (mostly taken from missionaries and explorers a century ago) can find lots of them here (middle column, scroll halfway down the page). www.heretical.com...

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

Making myself look good? How have i done that? Is posting a rational argument an attempt at that?

Ok so i already answered the question but you've asked it agian so i will answer. Yes, quite simply if i was starving, at the point of death and unable to find any other possible source of food other than the corpses surrounding me, then yes i am willing to bet i'd succumb to that hunger.

I would feel awful for the rest of my life, i don't think it's something that i could do without serious mental scarring, but i would mollify my disgust at myself with the knowledge i did it without any other choice other than to die.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't think you would have any reason to feel guilt over the consumption of human flesh unless you had murdered an unwilling person in order to eat them when you weren't in desperate need for food. If you just happened upon a fresh corpse and decided to roast it up in order to satisfy your curiosity, I don't think anyone would be harmed. After all, once we're dead, we've got no more use for our bodies.

In fact, if anyone wants to start bidding on rights to my corpse for the purpose of cannibalizing it I might just start something up on eBay.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouDespise

I don't know where you live, but cooking up a human corpse will alarm quite a few people and get you incarcerated for quite a long time. If you're lucky, you'll spend that time in a mental institution.

If you're not so lucky, you'll be placed in the general population of a maximum security prison, where you will likely garner some unwanted attention.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I don't know where you live, but cooking up a human corpse will alarm quite a few people and get you incarcerated for quite a long time.

Actually I am not sure that is true. It probably depends on the state. For instance only 18 states have laws against sex with a corpse, and some of those states consider it a misdemeanor.

Cannibalism may fall under abuse of a corpse and I would guess most states have laws against, that but again it could be a misdemeanor. Of course if you killed it yourself then it would for sure be a serious crime. : )

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I haven't read all the posts so please excuse me if my points have been discussed before.

Personally, I've been hungry, real hungry, no food for days hungry and more than once I've had the urge to attack an eat some defensless yuppie (although that was half hunger lol)

What you have to consider is this fact, you can't eat the meat of an animal that starved to death. The body begins to consume the muscle tissue which leaves toxins within the tissue itself. If you found yourself in a situation where your buddy just died of starvation you would have to cut him open and eat his organs. This happened to the Donner party in Colorado children were forced to eat the hearts and livers of their dead parents to survive.

I would most definitely consume a fellow human to survive. Granted if it were a loved one it would be especially hard. If i were in a situation were my wife and kids were also starving and there was someone who was a bit of a stranger I would consider killing him quickly and butchering his carcass for consumption.

I also think that someone should point out the potential usefulness of other parts of the body. Bone can be carved into many tools such as spear heads and fishing hooks. Hair can be woven into string and flesh can be stripped and tanned in the sun for leather. Sinews make great ties for a shelter as they shrink after they dry, tightening the rigging. Undesired meat would make a great lure for larger game

However, butchering a carcass is no easy task and would require at least some rope and a sharp knife. Blood must be immediatly drained from the body or it will coagulate and destroy consumable flesh. The best method is to hang the carcass by the feet and cut deep through the throat down to the spine. You then make a vertical incision along the abdomen and allow the organs to spill out which you should catch and collect if you plan on eating them.

You must sever the head, hands and feet first then proceed to the removal of the limbs at the shoulder joint and the legs at the hip joint. At this point the torso may be skewered on a spit through the anus and out through the neck cavity. The legs should be severed at the knee so that the upper thighs may be used as roasts while the lower legs, being tougher meat, should be sliced or filleted. The arms should be treated in a similar manner with the lower arm severed at the elbow and the upper arm used for cooking.

Anyone interested in this should look up the book "Butchering the Human Carcass for Consumption"

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I really can't say.

If it meant the survival of my child, yes.

Only if it were voluntary or they were the first to go. IN other words, the meal-to-be must give the ok.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

When I was reading your post I thought that was your reference. Do you mean the website doc instead of book? www.churchofeuthanasia.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by daemonicsoul

"Fear Thoughts" are the illusion of a sick mind that thinks it is well. Fear is a negitive. It is not my negitive. It is the negitive of the mind that can be tricked into fear by the tricker that wispers within you all.

With true faith there is nothing to fear.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join