It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Taboo Meat? (Human).

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Question is, who here is ready to eat their own kind to survive? What's the conditions? Are you willing to be a Cannibal?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Gross.
I personally would rather starve to death than eat one of my friends. I just don't think I could physically put "Jeff" into my mouth, chew him up and swallow him without puking. Also, I realize the situation would be different if I was really starving, but I still don't think I could do it out of the gross out factor alone.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm thinking about it already and it wasn't long ago since I had mince n dumplings for dinner..

I suppose first you have to clarify whether you were talking 'fresh meat' or pre packed.

I can feel some fava beans slipping into this thread

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If it was an ´eat or die´ situation, and I did not need to kill my meal I am sure I would eat human flesh (even though I am a vegetarian).
Like those Argentinian(?) rugby players in the Andies...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Long pig?

No thanks.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

It's the other other OTHER white meat!

[edit on 29-6-2008 by bismarcksea]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'll let you in on alittle secret... If you take a roast from the buttocks/back of the leg, and merinade it in BBQ sauce with a cup of red wine and garlic for 24 hrs and then roast it in a pit. Voola you have a delicious meal, and one more thing. The way to get the tastiest meat is when it's still quivering and screaming, mmmmmm........ Time for supper, who's coming over???

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychopump

a very valid point you've made. This would fall under the conditions part of the question. At what point would it in the mind of the survivalist be "okay" to eat another human? If there were two people, should one wait until the other dies? That might kill both.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

If I imagine myself in this situation with 1 other person, my wife is the first that comes to mind. In this situation I believe I would kill myself to save her.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I highly doubt we are in a position to answer this question, as I can imagine you have a whole new outlook on the world when you're literally starving to DEATH.

However, I did always wonder what we taste like. I think a body is a body. Nothing sacred about my shell. When I die, what's the difference between being eated by worms, people, or any other creature for that matter..

Hmmm, new addition to the will.. Please place me over an open pit BBQ and put me to use!

But seriously, any butchers in here care to give their opinions on our taste? I'm sure we can't be too far away from other cuts of meat. Speculation?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

There have been many reported cases of "what we taste like". There have been several times in wars were there was not enough food so army members had eaten their enemy.

From what I've taken from it, we're not very taste and we're stringy. Maybe they just didn't have the right cook.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think a person would have to first have known what it was like to be truly hungry. I don't mean peckish, I mean to the point where one contemplates gnawing on their shoe leather for nutrient. I've not been that hungry, although I was once in a situation where I was injured, away from civilization, and while I had a water source, I had only a few sticks of jerkey. My own stupid fault for assuming a 'day walk' would see me home at the end of the day. I went six days on those few sticks, and now I know a little more of what I'm made of.

I don't think most of us have the knowledge and experience to properly evaluate your question, myself included. If the situation is in an area that is snowed/iced in, and foraging is out of the question, then things could likely change quickly.

I don't think I'll have to make those choices. We've chosen to make our stand here where we live, and I can't imagine a situation that would devoid a resourceful person with skills from providing their own sustenance, however I'll freely admit that places like this seem somewhat rare.

It's a real and valid question. I think if you find yourself even having to ask the question in a real situation, then most likely the moral standards we impose upon ourselves have ceased to matter. I like to think that if the situation was that bad, then eating human flesh would only delay my eventual demise by a few weeks, and so what's the point?

Note to self: do NOT schedule any Andean flyovers.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I have heard that humans taste somewhat like pork when prepared properly although a bit sweeter.

Psychopump, just be sure you are both on the same page because just looking at your wife and saying "eat me" before plunging the knife in deep has a different meaning to different people in different contexts.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Ahabstar]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I can just see it now:

" Oh no hunny, I just want to run some drills to make sure you'll be alive. So why don't you just eat me now so you'll know what to do when the time cums."

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
under extreme circumstances I would eat anything to survive. I think I would put off cannabalism for a LONG time though, I would only use it if i absolutely had to.

There is always something else to eat around you though maybe a dog or cat. Ahaha sick.

But yea that would be a very hard choice to make.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

Well human killing is murder, and that is not at all right. However, assuming your human died naturally or without your aid, I question if it is wrong at all.

Assuming you don't kill a person, is it some how "wrong" to eat human flesh or is it just meat? Why?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Excellent point, and one that evaded me earlier. My opinion -- if the situation warrants it, and the human in question was killed for their nutritional value, I don't think there is a thing wrong with it. We all hope to not be in that position. Most of us think that it would be the LAST thing we'd ingest.

Thank you for clearly defining the real issue of this thread........ IS it wrong? Under those conditions, I don't think it is wrong. Under those conditions, I don't think "wrong" has nearly the power it previously did. Good thing to talk about. Unnerving that we are taking it so seriously. So it goes. Selah.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I don't think it would be wrong if the meat was already dead. You might suffer trauma from doing it, but better traumatized than dead. I think...

I would
a few times to start though.

Edit: Clarification.

[edit on 29/6/08 by gekko]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Okay for the gross factor, first, if y’all really want to get to know the person up close and personally, wouldn’t eating them be one way to find out? Second, if known cannibals claim that human beings tastes like any domesticated animals, then it is fair game to eat one’s comrade. Third, I believe most animals rarely eat their own kinds.

With this [third] respect, people should not have to each other people. If I went out of my mind from starvation, then I guess eating someone else is the only way to stay alive. And besides, there is always a first time. Before anyone knows what is truly happening, we will end up as ‘soylent green’.

[edit on 2008-6-29 by pikypiky]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If we taste like sweet pork, what spices would go well with us?

Salt and pepper is a given. Tarragon perhaps?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join