It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick question concerning Ouija

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CallMeMaury

I have to add as a final comment that you have *no* idea what my knowledge and experiences are...so you are totally unqualified to comment on why I think it's a bad idea to play with boards untrained.

I know you're going to do it anyway, so good luck and expect the unexpected.

Cait

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I've had first hand experience with ouija boards in the past, about 15 years ago, I'm 29 in September. I was inspired by the films Witchboard, from the 80s. I started off by using paper, then cardboard, and in the end I made one using wood, an old table top to be precise. I spent hours marking the letters and numbers in marker pen, then I set about the wood with a chisel, cutting all the numbers and letters that I'd written down, it took about a day. The end result was very impressive to say the least, remember I was only 13 or 14 years old and I was quite chuffed. Anyway, a good friend of mine who was also interested in the paranormal came round one Saturday to use it for the first time, we went up to my room, closed the door and sat down in front of the board. We were using a wine glass as the planchet (not sure that's spelt right) and we started to ask questions "Is there anyone there? If anyone is here with us can you make yourself be known to us?" e.t.c. e.t.c. Anyway, after about 10 minutes we had no response so we decided to give up, I then turned to my stereo to put on some tunes and all of a sudden the glass smashed. I turn round to see my friend on the bed about 2 feet behind the board looking very shocked. After a while I asked if he'd broken the glass to which he denied it, then he blamed me and this went on for a few minutes until we decided that it just must have fallen over. The funny thing was this, none of the glass left the board, and it was cracked around the glass like some super sharp sword just chopped it. The board is now nailed to the roof of the shed to stop a leak, it's still there.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bruceleeroy2

Don't do it. Not even with 6 people. I learned the hard way after my lamp flew cross room and barely missed my head. Just don't.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Bruce,

This is a very dangerous thing to play around with. I know people in the occult and who are "sensitives" and they even admit that it is a dangerous practice to fool around with ouija boards if you are inexperienced with dealing with the spiritual world.

You risk possession and also risk getting the attention of spirits who may wish you harm.

You have to condition yourself to have a barrier of spiritual protection around you before you do these things. It is what they call the "white light" that should surround you to protect you from evil beings.

Laugh, if you will. But this is all true.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Also, once you attract the attention of a mischievous spirt, they don't go away quickly. They can mess with you for years.

What people don't realize is that these entities are outside of Time and Space, meaning they can see you past, present and future at the same time...They can also manipulate Space and Time.

Combine those two abilities and you can just imagine what horrors are possible. They don't have to show themselves or go "boo!" to seriously screw up your life.

However, there are universal laws. If you don't invite them in, they can't mess with you. They are like genies in a bottle. They can't do magic unless you open the bottle.

But trust me, if you do get some rogue spirit to start bullying you, yes, they can move objects across physical space (and Time!) to give you problems. They can lead bad people to your life. They can set up a chain of seemingly coincidental events to reak havoc.

This is why it's very important to believe in God. Not necessarily the Christian, Muslim or Jewish God, but the real God (the force or Order and Law in the Universe). It keeps you from sliding down the slippery slope.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I would listen to caitlinfae. She knows what she's talking about.

I was a Christian like you, but I now know my real spiritual affiliation. I also meditate. The fact that you are drawn to the ouija board should make you realize that you are Pagan at heart. Don't worry. I think this is a natural progression from Christianity.

You may need to accept this and learn more, so that you don't end up being exposed to bad spirits who may take advantage of you.

Caitlinfae is right about tarot cards. You should try those instead, and never touch the ouija board.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

You absolutely hit the nail on the head with this...well done. I hope Bruceleeroy reads it and absorbs it fully. We are not making this up.

Cait

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

your right.....I asked one why they lie, and it replied "for the hell of it"

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
ill add yet another 'dont do it!!!!1!1!!1!!111!one!1eleven!1'. it wont do any good for ya. wanna have thrill and fun? go flying with your car, its much safer

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

They can't possess you!

I wouldn't worry about that part...

What they can do is scare the shiitt out of you and effect your dreams, daily activities etc. etc. etc.

But then again it depends on your INTENT and who you end up contacting?

If you try it out do it with someone the first time, I would be curious to hear about your first experience so don't forget to follow up post about it.

ENJOY!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm not going to tell stories unless you want to hear them, but I'm agreeing with those that say 'NO' to oiuja boards. Bad news. There are better ways, safer ways to get info. Ouija boards are portals, open doors, and the first things that come through are usually bad mischievious negative stuff. They are just waiting for someone to open the door. They are not easy to resolve. The board then must be sealed after everything it brought out is cleared. You really aren't supposed to just burn them either. It's harder to resolve the crap it lets through.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
hey guys, can u use them alone? not sure,but i wouldnt bother. i could be one of those ppl to tell stories but i wont. there bad news mate, if u want to get intouch with ur spirit side u should focus on ur meditation more. i know u said u do, but the spiritual side of u should awaken naturally if u are ready for it threw mediation and such.
all the best in what ever u do
peace

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
There has been quite a few threads posted about Ouija, I would suggest using the search and reading through some of them before making your decision.
I'm not going to get into the "is it spirit or your mind?" argument but I would say that either way, you have be emotionally and psychologically sound if your going to use one. I think it has a lot to do with your state of mind and what you believe will happen.
And after all the Ouija board was sold by Parkers as a toy, which for a while out sold Monopoly and the streets weren't full of possessed people running around with there heads all twisting, shouting profanaties!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
like most "intuitive tools", the ouija board can be a potent device. however, like most of these tools, it is unwise to use it carelessly and flippantly. the board does have its potencies, and with proper focus, intent and a degree of humor, it can tell some interesting tales. i have had two extensive periods of my life were the ouija board figured prominently, and the stories and entities we regularly contacted were both fascinating and at times a bit disconcerting. (the second such experience, back in the mid-nineties, involved rather bizarre stories about gray-aliens, their mal-intent, and the strife between the various alien races. in fact, that was my first introduction to such alien folk-lore that sites such as ATS, etc. now regularly explore)

of course, the board can function like a drug, allowing access to both our shadows (internal and external) and our potentials (again, both internal and external). like any drug, delusions & illusions are quite possible.

i no longer use the ouija board, as it takes a bit of an energetic commitment and does put the user at risk of waking something up that should have been left sleeping. now-a-days i prefer other intuitive tools; meditation, mantras, prayer and more holistic themed divination-devices such as runes, medicine cards, etc.

a final note, however, i would NOT recommend doing such a venture solo. pragmatically, it doesn't work nearly as well. as well, it does put the user at a greater degree of risk from less-benevolent forces. find a friend.

so, if you are compelled to explore using the ouija board, do tread wisely and be sure to "smudge" yourself (burn sage/offer an intent of healing, peace and seeking) before and after. this will help keep you and the room you are opening such portals in "clean".

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
IMHO the ` wee jee ` board is UTTER TWADDLE

if anyone can get a bunch of believers - see if they will submit to a "blind " session - using the protocols i presented here

a " supernatural force / entity " which cannot discern the meaning of a encrypted alphabet really is not much of a threat to anyting

and yup - why do they always understand the native alphabet and LANGUAGE of the users ?

thats a point i did not raise last time - but i have since had the misforutune to encounter a group of french wee jee enthusiasts - and yup - thier wee jee "spoke french " who would have guessed it ???

and after much argument - they agreeded to attempt my blind experiment - and guess what - after 25 minuites and 17 attempts they could not generate a single coherent word

amazing

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I am afraid because of everything i've heard, but there is an online site with a Ouija board that TELLS IT LIKE IT IS AND WILL BE!!

I figure, maybe the online one may offer more protection?

In any case, if you're interested, its on this website under Oracles:www.newagestore.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

NEVER.....I REPEAT.....NEVER!!!

Use the Ouija board alone!!!!!!

NEVER!!!!!

If you want my advice, don't use the damned device!

Despite what others may think, the Ouija board is REAL!!!!

I have used it many times in my high school days, and let me say I have become witness to some pretty incredible supernatural happenings.

Anything from leaving the board face up, keeps a doorway open for spirits....

I left a Ouija board face up for about an hour, and when I returned there was a 4 finger scratch mark about halfway down the board, like someone with razor sharp claws dug into the board!

Not to mention things levitating!

All in all the board is extremely evil, and nothing good can come from it!

You might be able to channel a spirit, but that spirit, I will garantee, WILL NOT BE GOOD. They are tricksters, in the evil realm, they like to play games with you, try and loosen you up, and possibly their ultimate goal is for you to become possesed by them, or for you to actually die!

Please take my advice and never use the board!!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I use Ouija on a constant basis by myself, with family and friends not once have I had a bad experience and I am a satanist, it works everytime all the nonsense just dosent make any sense. Could the Ouija board hurt you, of course not it is a card board piece with some letters on that feeds off of energy in a way I can't explain, use all the candles all the gimmicks you want it won't a change a thing. I would prove it to you if I could as i have done to many close to me who were paranoid but the same age old trick of people who are too superstitious.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
End of the day i think you should go for it otherwise it will bother you for days, weeks, months, years. Why don't you ask yourself if you really want to do it instead of us. You will live to tell the story trust me

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Don't mess with a Ouija board dude. If you do you're just asking for trouble.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join