It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick question concerning Ouija

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I really want to try using a Ouija board, and all the instructions I read say I need to have 2 or more people, and all my friends aren't into spiritual and occult things, and my family is highly Christian, and I live in a Christian community.

So my question to you is, can I do it alone? I've been medititating for a few years regularly, and I know some basic spiritual protection, not to mention the Christian protection I know, And there is no convincing me that I shouldn't do this. I know it's dangerous, and I'm treating it as a dangerous experiment, but can I do it alone?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Bruceleeroy...

For the record, officially, from the heart...DON'T touch it. Burn it, forget it, buy Tarot cards...they're safer. It makes no difference if you're on your own or not...the mess will be the same. What you have learned as protection will not be enough to deal with entities who will lie to you wholesale.

I know you will ignore this, but I tried...

Blessed Be

Cait

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I'm sure that this is very dangerous, and I have had dealings with otherworldly entities before, I may be a stubborn fool, but I honestly feel that I should do this, thank you for your concern, peace be with you.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bruceleeroy2

Yes you can, but it is dangerous and even more so as you are forced to go it alone. A part of me envies your dangerous experimental urge but I'm too old to be fighting of a scantily clad succubus from wherever but your findings will make for some great reading/dissection.

Take care, good luck

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well, you're quite correct in your desciption of yourself there...I can't let this go without one more try...

I have some questions, and it's perfectly ok if you don't want to answer or discuss here...I will respect that totally.

But, I'm curious....

These otherworld entities that you talk about...can I ask what they are and how you know? How do your filter your spirit contacts? How do you build your protection? Which prayers and mantras do you use? Which anointing oils?

I'm sorry if this all seems a little nosey, but your post worries me, and I feel it's just another example of teenage arrogance run riot...you have *no* idea how bad this could be.

And finally...

How do you tell if an entity is lying to you, as they often do? This is perhaps the most important thing you need to learn.

Mail me back if you want to. I won't hassle you again.

Blessed be

Cait

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Ouija boards are bad news and they are something to be avoided .
What is it that you want to use the Ouija for ? Do you have a question or is it simply a matter of you having an interest in experimenting ?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I would listen to caitlinfae on this one. Some thing are best left alone. We are told not to run in front of speeding cars and we accept this (most of us do) without experimentation because it makes sense not to gamble with out lives. Perhaps this a pathetic anology but really don't think this is that much different.

Frankly, (and I am not a Christian, but do believe in the existence of good and evil), I think anything that opens doors (ncluding Tarot) to malevolence is a Bad Idea.

I think it was Nietszchke (sp?) who wrote something along these lines: becareful if you stare to long into the abyss, for sooner or later the abyss will stare back at you.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
personally,I would say that ouija is in some ways just another form of communication.Alot of people have alot to say on the matter.But if we go back a few hundred years. they were used by seers,much akin to the crystal ball thingys.

At any rate this whole ouija "the door to the other dimension thing",really depends on the individual and their intent.

Many people think that ouija is tied directly to certain forces or to talk to demons and spirits.When infact much of this is pure speculation. Again i will stress ity depends on what you want really.

Of course trying to communicate with anything not within our everyday reality can sometimes turn out bad,but then again so can faith in anything.

The point is to have a tool which people can communicate with outside forces without resorting to having to see them or hear them.In many circles there are unseen forces of both supposed sides(good and bad) with which we can supposedly communicate.

As for trying to use one i would say start trying to feel things out around you and try just speaking out loud perhaps for a while. When people talk of portals and transfer devices,the aspect of this is that you are summoning demons or ghosts or whatever to talk to you through binding them in a supposed spell or connection through this board.

In this look at the boards,it suggests that these forces are usually in another realm or dimension and they come to our calling them.Largely this is why alot of people think they are fake,atleast in some circles it would appear this way

The origins of the ouija were probably grounded in the middle ages though many forms of communication of this type were around long before that.aswell they wouldnt be called that for awhile to come either.

The point of what i said before is thus.the boards themselves dont obtain any important ability nor spell or anything.They arnt a gate way,they are a device with which things can ciommunicate with us. The thing is really.How do you get something to communicate with you.

At any rate and this is where alot of the bad rap comes from,the boards originated by witches and practitioners studying communication with the dead.Usually involved in a sort of alter they would be carved into tables where witches would practice their ways of trying to communicate with the dead.

Usually a certain practice or ritual would be needed to start the rite. In some cases a living sacrifice woiuld be offered.In some circles it is said(death) to attract the presence of the dead that are around us.

So in many ways the practitioners would keep these communication tables stationary and practice their rituals near it, usually to build the energy draw around the table to create a place that would aattract spirits of different kinds.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by toraylin]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Toraylin...

Communicating with the dead isn't the problem here...contacting other entities is the issue, and I would respectfully suggest that if you want to generalise about the history and uses of magical tools, you should be a little more precise than "crystal ball thingys", which actually work in a very different way to Ouija Boards.

Any tool can be used safely, if the practitioner knows how, and using a board safely is a very advanced practice, requiring a lot of teaching and listening and patience...not "I want to do it so I can talk to spirits and dead people and summon them up..." May as well order the Haloperidol now.

I'm just grumpy now.....

Cait

[edit on 27-6-2008 by caitlinfae]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Can it be done alone?

All the spiritual "posession" hogwash and foolery set aside, NO.

It can not be done alone due to the fact that there will be unconscious parts of your mind trying to lead the answers. Therefore the answers will not be correct, they will mostlikely be the answers your unconscious mind, drives and motivations, wanted as answers.

The second person if for nothing else works as an anti-self adjustment.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Try automatic writing.

Personally I loved the tarro cards.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Incarnated...

I quite agree with your point about self adjustment, and how it can ruin a reading, but Ouija boards are not used for readings...they are used primarily for spirit contact.

Also, no-one has mentioned possession either...that's what we're trying to avoid happening, in the worst case scenario. Please don't scare the little ones with ideas like that...it will just make them worse.

Cait

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Um sorry i must have struck a nerve here.I am not generalising neccessarily.An d i apologize for using such terms as thingys.Aswell i would say im not presenting myself as a proper practitioner of anything.

As far as me saying anything as to what you made my post out to be.I said much akin,not they are used just like crystall balls.

i also said try speaking outloud and feeling out your surrounding area,as aposed to just whipping out an ouija and trying to communicate with another entity.Aswell i said there are both good and evil forces out there with which you can communicate.
Again i apologize to you for any offence which may hacve occured,though i may not know exactly why such did.Thank you.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

You're not even responding to the words I wrote, you are seeing what you want to have seen said and not what was said.

I called it hogwash.

Maybe like the Ouija board using the internet should be a two person activity...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ouija is harmless.
Yes, you can do it yourself.
There are a lot of very ignorant superstitious people here giving you bad advice.
The do not know what they are talking about.

Ouija results come from your own subconscious mind. Not any one or any thing else.
It moves by your own subconscious idiomotor actions.
YOU are doing it, just YOU.

You don't even need to use a purchased board.
You can take a piece of cardboard, write a "yes", a "no", the alphabet and some numbers on it. Lightly rest a finger nail onit and ask your questions.

You don't even need that for simple yes - no questions. Decide that you will raise your thumb for yes, and your index finger for no. Rest your hand on your lap or on a table and ask away.

It can be loads of fun. It can be amazing or silly. Don't put a lot of confidence in any of the answers. Your subconscious mind contains much knowledge that is not readily available to your everyday consciousness, so keep that in mind if you get some seemingly amazing information.

link   
Ok. Enough. Toraylin, you are totally and instantly forgiven, and I'm sorry we crossed words. No offence taken at all. Nuff said, I think.

Nite all...

Caitlin

link   
the only spirits that communicate via a Ouija are spirits too earthbound to accend or too full of fear and negitivity to face the light. Ouija boards are mostly junk. The spirits don't know squat. The only people they can posses are weakminded people that lust after things they know not.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Personally ,i dont really know about the ouija being legitimate or it communicating with other entities,i was just simply saying things that ive heard seen even studied.

At any rate along with what OHzone was saying,I've heard about how we internally know the truth about many things.Ive also heard that at times when we can sometimes get a sort of kinetic charge much like a shiver,it can signify a truth in what you are concerned about.

I'm not sure how much truth there is to it.But i have tried it and have found that yes perhaps it is like an internal signal that what we are thinking is true or false or whatever.

My friend told me to focus on what is happening when we get theses chills,and eventually you can try to tune yourself to pick up on these things.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I say you do it. I believe in the paranormal and believe it is possible you will contact demons or something, but I think you will be OK. I have been wanting to start trying out a ouija board too and have no one to do it with.

Everyone here who says leave Ouija boards alone either "knows someone who knows someone who was messed up by it" or "read about someone who was messed up by it" which is hardly more then hear-say, or they themselves have felt like they experienced problems from it. But even in that case they are still here talking about it. Why is it they can find out these things for themselves but they tell others not to? Obviously they managed to get through any problems and are OK.

Geez, how are we supposed to learn anything if everyone forbids everything? Everyone just wants to tell you their way to do it, as if they know the right way conclusively. If anyone knew the "truth" they would either keep it secret or be able to demonstrate the effectiveness of their method. In either case, they wouldn't be here telling you what to do. The people here only know the way that works for them.

I say, just do it, if you believe you are strong enough to get through it you will be fine I'm sure. And if you make any progress please let me know.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bruceleeroy2
So my question to you is, can I do it alone?

Yes, but the fact that you're asking means that your probably not be ready to do it alone. You have to have complete faith in yourself to remain unharmed when it comes to such things we've been highly conditioned to stay away from.

It would be beneficial to find someone with experience. Someone who understands it as a tool and not some demonic device. If you do it with someone who expects the devil to pop out then you'd be better off doing it alone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join