It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniffer dogs offend Muslims

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Let's face it if terrorism was a threat it would happen every week, and you would not be able to stop it.

Let's see, if spoiled food/contaminated water/smallpox/faulty brakes were threats, they would happen every week and you would not be able to stop it.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Originally posted by Sheeper
So they are free to blow me up? And I am free to be blown up? So protecting me from not being blown up is a bad thing....k, I'm writhing this down on my white board for future reference. Which is worth more? Life or death? Hmmm, contemplating this here, give me a sec.......K I got it!.....is it.....Life?

You're more afraid of Muslims than I am of dogs.. Maye we should both just stay home where it's safe...

Actually my entire post is pure sarcasm, maybe you need one of these www.sarcasmdetector.com...

Muslims don't scare me in the least bit, I actually live in a largest arabic community in san diego, the younger population are really cool and no how to have fun, it's the older crowd that are fuddy duddies, allthough the majority of the people here are caldian which is christian, close enough lol. But I am no moron when it comes to the potential of such extremists and if only 1 out of a 50,000 searches results in succes that is all that matters.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Is it really protection when you lose your freedoms? Which is worth more to you?

I'm really trying to understand this statement in the context of the subject of this thread.

Do you really believe you have the right to a snifer-free experience in a public train station? We aren't talking about your home or your business, so let's keep this focused.

What are your thoughts about having your luggage physically searched in airports? Is that an unjustified abridgment of your freedoms?

I'm real confused here.

As my posting history indicates, I'm pretty big on the whole individual rights thing, but some of what I have read here today just blows my mind.

:shk:

[edit on 27-6-2008 by loam]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Thank you for the clarification on your opinion but you offer no real remedy. Follow constitutional law? If you only did that, you would be forever pursuing perpitraders that blew innocent people up. Wouldn't you agree humanity deserves a more pro-active approach to this particular threat? Part of me thinks you do, otherwise how do I reconcile your signature with your belief system?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
Ok no sniffer Dogs for Muslims and Lloyd and any other people who JUST realized after reading this article, Hey you know what those bomb sniffing dogs which I never even seen before at an airport(I travel tons, never seen one, but then again i'm not carrying bombs) all the sudden they offend me.....

Ok for you people, it's full cavity searches by Officer Billy Ray Bob, who incidentally doesn't wash his hands after he uses the toilet. I'm sure you'll find than experience ALOT cleaner than haveing a dog come within 3 feet of you.

Happy now?

What nonsense will people think of next? and how many fools will jump on the bandwagon?
They're used mostly in train station, not airports, but that's not really here or there.

If you allow the dogs searches, you can bet the cavity searches will follow suit. It's a progressive thing like how they managed to double gas price in less than a year, without civil unrest. It's a simple matter of desensitization.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Surely you wouldn't object to having some ham-fisted cops shove his finger up your keyster in the name of preventing terrorism?

K soooo, dog sniffing a good 6 feet from me equates to a man sticking his hand up my butt. Lay off the extremes man, they are fueling your paranoia, not everything is so black and white, sniffing dogs are a good thing, angry policemen with botons and rubber gloves are a bad thing. I would never give up my constitutional rights willingly, you have failed to make a case that these dogs are doing so.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Let's face it if terrorism was a threat it would happen every week, and you would not be able to stop it.

Let's see, if spoiled food/contaminated water/smallpox/faulty brakes were threats, they would happen every week and you would not be able to stop it.

Do you really think the goverment is somehow magically stopping terrorists? lol

You cannot stop a crazy man who intends to bomb himself and everyone around him.

And if terrorist were a threat, you WOULD be seeing bombs go of every week, no matter what the goverment does.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
wheres islamic rage boy when you need him ?

Goodness me what a whiney arsed peoples these muslims are.

What next ? they don't like anti-terror police ? anti suicide bomber measures ??

Oh thats right, they already moan like hell at the anti suicide measures israel uses..

They moan because these methods and the dogs are effective. If it works, muslims moan about it.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
wheres islamic rage boy when you need him ?

Goodness me what a whiney arsed peoples these muslims are.

What next ? they don't like anti-terror police ? anti suicide bomber measures ??

Oh thats right, they already moan like hell at the anti suicide measures israel uses..

They moan because these methods and the dogs are effective. If it works, muslims moan about it.

Sounds like your the one moaning.

Will you people stop and think for a moment, stop letting the media make up your views.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Of course he won't mind!!

And since he is so bent on living a life with no freedom, I guess he won't mind having his family checked too. No offence.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]
How could anyone object to such a reasonable procedure that would ensure their personal safety?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
A wise man once said “A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”, not sure who that was but they see things clearly enough to agree with bomb sniffing dogs....surely.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
WOW, what a coincidence, my dog is offended by Muslims.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I watched a program on NGC the other night and they did a feature on the Sulimov hybrid used by Aeroflot Airlines. These dogs could sniff your crotch from across the room, don't even have to touch you!

Cool stuff, check it out here: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Ok.

So let's make it clear: Using the dogs as a harassment technique is unacceptable. But using them to facilitate a safe public transportation experience is altogether a different matter.

Which keeps bringing me back to my original point... Don't like snifer dogs? Then don't go to the public places where they are used.

Seems pretty simple to me.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by loam]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

K soooo, dog sniffing a good 6 feet from me equates to a man sticking his hand up my butt. Lay off the extremes man, they are fueling your paranoia, not everything is so black and white, sniffing dogs are a good thing, angry policemen with botons and rubber gloves are a bad thing. I would never give up my constitutional rights willingly, you have failed to make a case that these dogs are doing so.
You're already agreeable to giving up your rights.. Nobody has to make you agree to anything.

But honestly, you want to be safe from the evil terrorist and Muslims that abound us don't you? Well Uncle Sam says "bend over"..

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I'm really trying to understand this statement in the context of the subject of this thread.

I was bringing up the issue of privacy/freedom vs imprisonment/protection. If the dogs are being directed by their trainers to specifically go after Muslim or Middle Eastern looking people, then it's not protection, when they're taking away the freedom of one group in exchange for protection of another.

Do you really believe you have the right to a snifer-free experience in a public train station? We aren't talking about your home or your business, so let's keep this focused.

It seems people were spreading misinformation, making it seem that the Muslims want to be excluded from being sniffed, when all they want is not to be touched by the dogs.

The sniffing dogs should still sniff, just not touch. Is that too much to ask for?

What are your thoughts about having your luggage physically searched in airports? Is that an unjustified abridgment of your freedoms?

They can search as long as they do it to all others too, and have good cause. But when the checks are claimed to be "random" when random is intended to mean "every other looking Middle Eastern person," then it's not something I can advocate.

I'm real confused here.

Those Muslims wanted the dogs to be kept from touching them. They didn't oppose being sniffed by them.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by DJMessiah]

link   

A wise man once said “A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”, not sure who that was but they see things clearly enough to agree with bomb sniffing dogs....surely.

I still don't understand how a dog can stop an exploding man. Please do tell me.

Anyway I don't really care about dogs sniffing me at all. I love animals.

I just care when you get some silly news report of a "few" targeted muslims complaining, and then I see people come in here and use this propaganda report to attack muslims.

Don't you see that people who complain about sniffing dogs would never get into the news, they ONLY reason this is in the news is because a couple of muslims complained.

It's all about Money.

link   

Originally posted by loam
Which keeps bringing me back to my original point... Don't like snifer dogs? Then don't go to public places where they are used.

Seems pretty simple to me.
So I should give up my right to use public transportation which my tax dollars helped pay for, because you don't mind having your butt sniffed by Rin Tin Tin? That sounds logical to me..

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
As brit...I am sick of bending over!! I think England is becoming ...well is..the bendover nation...seems like dogs are the only ones that have sense thes days!!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

But honestly, you want to be safe from the evil terrorist and Muslims that abound us don't you? Well Uncle Sam says "bend over"..

No actually, you would probably be surprised that a pretty much agree with your feelings on a lot of things. I will never give up my freedoms and if they ever try to pull some crap like is in the patriot act and the like, I will not go silently into the night. So don't confuse me with a liberal...er I meen sheep. I just very very simply don't agree that bomb sniffing dogs is a good example of the case you are trying to make.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join