It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Invade Town In NT Australia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
OMG 4 UFOS, quick get everyone.
114 people assemble.
So who brought the camera?
not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...not me...

OK doesnt matter, we will just tell people, we dont need proof.
They will believe us for sure. Oh look over there, its a dinosaur talking to Jesus...

Not one person from the entire town thought to find a camera????

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

After a couple of hours I would have thought about taking a picture.. where not talking about a flash in the sky...something smells

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nineteen
reply to post by esecallum

No reception out there for mobiles to operate. You should come and see our country and then you would understand. Our total population is 19 million people and 90% live in coastal cities. Most of the continent is desert.

You are being dense.You don't need to have phone reception for a phone camera to work.

this report is FAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

[edit on 27-6-2008 by esecallum]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Lets try to remain objective.

A lot of people here make great assumptions.

Australian Telecommunications Infrastructure for remote communities has never been that great. Mobile coverage isn't fantastic, ADSL definately wouldn't be available as Telstra wouldn't deem a decent profit margin from an ecchange(if in fact there was one there)

People living way outback where everything looks the same... maybe they don't have film? Whats to shoot?

UFOs making sounds? Okay so who has seen a UFO? Okay you may say you have(I would be as skeptical of you as the news article) But whose to say another type of UFO from another "species" wouldn't make sound?

The general language used may of been a reflection of the type of community they have.

112 People all drunk/under the influence? Okay people lets not get racist or make attacks on communities. Why don't you pay the town a visit and make a statement then? (If in fact that is what they want I'm sure enough people would eventually say "these people are full of sh** that they loose their "reputation")

Various mainstream news firms have reported this sighting, news.com.au reporterd it.

I have worked in the Telecommunications industry and I can tell you, rural Australia is definately not leading the tech race and people living in rural Australia do have a tendancy of being technoligically backwards.

I'm not about to say that these people are lieing as I cannot prove it, I cannot prove it didn't occur either I was not there. I personally would be pretty freaking scared if something hovered over my house. I might try to take footage but I can't say I definately wouldn't be too scared.

If it happened to a whole community, talking about it over tea would be something to kill time and I guess its a good way to relay to each other how they felt during the experience.

Be a little more objective guys, seems to be something ATS lacks quite a lot.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It's not nice to stereotype !!!

[edit on 28-6-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

The community we are discussing here is predominately Aboriginal RIGHT
it is the traditional home of the Jingili desert people, the neighbours of the Yangman, Alawa, Ngandji, Wambaya, Warumungu, Warlmanpa and Mudburra peoples.

Most of them don't give a toss about Western type technology
Everyone they know lives in the same town - why would they need a phone especially a mobile phone
one or two in the community may of had a camera but as someone pointed out perhaps the batteries were dead - I live in the city - my nice big expensive digital camera chews through batteries so fast I get sick of replacing them - so unless I need the camera for a special occasion - I just don't bother.

There are literally thousands and thousands of unaccounted UFO reports in Australia every year - especially out in the Bush. Most people would never even contemplate reporting it to the relevant government authorities - what can they investigate ????? a light in the sky lol most people I know that have seen one just tell close family and friends.

Even I have seen a UFO - I was in my car a few years ago - and when I looked up noticed something above me - I had to strain my eyes to see it because it seemed semi translucent - almost blended in with the sky and clouds above - it was not like any of the photos I have ever seen of UFO's. It was massive and seemed alot more technologically advanced than the historical eyewitness accounts I have read - to be honest it was so beautiful I was in awe. It made no noise at all - in fact I think I was the only one who saw it - yet there were heeps of other cars around - and to this day I will still try and rationalise the experience - I have perfect vision and never experienced anything like it prior to this event. I had not been drinking - and no drugs were involved - perhaps some strange reflection or optical illusion ??? but then again I felt whatever or whoever it was - sensed my presence - almost like it wanted my attention - why the impulse to look up at that particular point in time??? I was in the process of nudging my brother and telling him to look - when it took off at breakneck speed in a southerly direction. Only told my family and a few close friends about the experience - all of them tried to rationalize what I saw with a logical explanation. The truth is it could just be some strange sort of phenomena ??? so lets not ridicule people that have an experience ???? They never said they saw little green men or reptilian beings
Unidentified Flying Object that's all.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Why is it that most other countries are so much more forthcoming than USA?

they even have The Australian UFO Research Network

How much longer do they think they can get away with hiding the truth?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
all the critics here say thats its impossible for aboriginals in the dessert not to have a camera ready for a ufo invation..

and most of the post agree its impossible to sit down with your children and drink some relaxing tea after a serious bad event..
i would do that for my children if i could sit without shaking the cup.
i would do it outside, not under the bed shaking as a skunk

these people live under the stars... they know them,

they have a message for... US.. among others

what youre saying is that 100+ people are lying all together about a thing they witnessed...

if they did so dont you think they would have a picture of themself infront of a cgi ufo in the paper...

after 2 hours of ufo presense i would be so much higher from being still alive i would dring a big cup of native herb tea, watch the stars and lit the bonfire again

[edit on 27-6-2008 by skywatch]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye I would be more worried about my family then trying to take a picture. It's like we can't accept a sighting even if the whole world saw it and testified to it.

Well yes you would think after a bunch of UFO's noisy ones were parked over your house for two hours you WOULD be worried about your family...

You would NOT just leave them in the house that is being lit up INSIDE by that noisy UFO

You would not calmly put your kids to bed and discuss it over tea I don't care how aloof the Aussies are
especially if they might come back which they DID

But this thread will continue... so carry on... just remember that motto here... Ignorance is Denial or something like that

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

We went outside and were just sitting around drinking tea and talking about it all. The kids were put to bed

This was at 11 pm they sat around talking for how long???? Couple of hours ???? Do we know the ages of the children ???? Could be little 3 - 4 - 5 ????? Could of been 1am when they were put to bed ????? Would you jump in the car and travel all that distance from Marlinja to Darwin - in the dark - out in the middle of no-where - after an experience like that - in an attempt to notify the relevant authorities about the event ??? Or would you just hunker in for the night ??? With regards to every ones comments about sitting around having a cup of tea ???? I agree I would probably down a bottle of scotch but if there was no alcohol nearby - tea or coffee would do just fine !!! You know often after major disasters and freak events it is common for Emergency Services to wrap people up in a warm blanket and give the victims a nice cup of hot tea or coffee ie Was it not common in the UK for survivors of shipwrecks to be wrapped in a blanket and given a hot cup of tea ???? Probably told to get some sleep ??? The adults admitted they found it difficult to sleep !!!

And yes Aussies are aloof - they are resilient and quite amazing really lol

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I still find it amusing how people are making assumptions or labeling people in this community with the belief they personally know everything there is to know about them.

Again I personally don't know this community but I do personally know Australia's attitude and the way we think.

Let me stereotype for a moment in contradiction to my earlier comment.

American's are paranoid, live in fear, and are so sheltered to the rest of the world(ie due to media) therefore anything that doesn't coincide with their belief system must be wrong.

Where's everyone's rulebook on UFOs, how people live and what people do?

Just a thought no offense to anyone.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Heres the coordinates to the COMMUNITY (not town)

17°22'15.05"S
133°24'12.27"E

And for the third time, these people will not have a camera, they would be lucky if they even have a landline telephone.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
WOW i'm shocked at so many people on here who think Every one has a mobile Phone or a Camera Many of the people in this community don't even have a car and sleep out on what they call the( flat ) Just a blanket and flat ground and about 10 dogs to keep them warm Most of the dogs have missing fur and smell really bad I have worked for a Aboriginal community a number of years ago And i must say not much has changed The people are very simple and friendly and like to play cards and go shooting for Kangaroo or wildturkey

Unfortionaly many of the elders have passed on and the younger generation Don't want to learn the traditional ways They are the ones who drink

Many of the communitys are in the middle of no place No main roads No power from the grid (Power is made by gen sets ) Food is trucked in every 4 weeks if not longer and Yes alot of them Are dry camps but booz is all over the place

My point is The people in this community have very little technology and don't think like most people do by going and getting a Camera and taking a picture so the rest of the world can see

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Lots of stars and flags for 'nothing!'. Don't any of you people ask the obvious questions? Where are all the earth shattering photo's of these events?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

You would NOT just leave them in the house that is being lit up INSIDE by that noisy UFO

You would not calmly put your kids to bed and discuss it over tea I don't care how aloof the Aussies are
especially if they might come back which they DID

But this thread will continue... so carry on... just remember that motto here... Ignorance is Denial or something like that

Mate, you just don't understand Aboriginal and Australian bush culture.

Nearly every Aussie who has posted on this thread has stated that they do not find the described behaviour unusual, the language perhaps, yet you still seem unable to accept that to the point of denial or something like that.

Life in an Aboriginal Community bears no resemblance whatsoever to normal Eastern or Western modern "civilised" life. The "house" could probably be lit up on the inside with a torch from above through the gaping holes in the corrugated sheeting, and now you've got me giving a negative stereotypical description (apologies).

No doubt this thread will continue, seemingly because it is being perpetuated by worthless posts like yours and mine, rather than anything of any real content.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by chunder]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
ok my ` observations ` and opinions on this - in no particular order

regarding claims if technological deficiency / lack of cameras

newcastle waters station has land line telephones and email - it also has the basket ball court cited in the article

still want to play the no technology card ?

on location accuracy

the report says Marlinja - but the basket ball court cited in the article - is halfway between Marlinja settlement and the main newcastle waters station - with residences and other buildings strung out along the connecting road

now if these ` ufo`s were as bright and loud as claimed - EVERYONE in the area would have seen / heard it

also if a ` ufo ` is hovering over your hous with a light so bright it blinds you - your neighbour 500m down the road will get a very didderent view of your experience

on group psychology

` they were all too scared to do anything ` holds no water either - because in any group challenged by a phenonemon that is shocking there will be a wide slew of behaviours - sure some will panick / freeze / run away - but others will be calm and rational

do not stamp some cookie cutter pshycology on > 100 people

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

newcastle waters station has land line telephones and email - it also has the basket ball court cited in the article

on location accuracy

the report says Marlinja - but the basket ball court cited in the article - is halfway between Marlinja settlement and the main newcastle waters station - with residences and other buildings strung out along the connecting road

now if these ` ufo`s were as bright and loud as claimed - EVERYONE in the area would have seen / heard it

also if a ` ufo ` is hovering over your hous with a light so bright it blinds you - your neighbour 500m down the road will get a very didderent view of your experience

on group psychology

` they were all too scared to do anything ` holds no water either - because in any group challenged by a phenonemon that is shocking there will be a wide slew of behaviours - sure some will panick / freeze / run away - but others will be calm and rational

Well done! Starred!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

on location accuracy

on group psychology

A land based phone isn't a camera equipped mobile phone is it?

The basketball court mentioned is 800m from the centre of the main community site:

Who knows if the story is true or not, maybe we'll get more information in the coming days.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
[mor
Why would anyone out there buy a mobile phone in the first place without reception. Maybe a camera, but it's a long way to get the film developed, and expensive when you rely on a pension for money.
I'm feeling it was a US military aircraft test project given the noise. In 2001 there was a UFO flap over Collaroy (Sydney, Australia) with reportedly about a hundred witnesses on one occasion reporting loud noises emanating from the craft. Where there's noise I tend to discount ET's.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Any land near me, I'm hiding.

If someone has good intentions towards you they are open, above board and honest. If someone plans to muck you over they are secretive.

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

"The art of using troops is this:
......When ten to the enemy's one, surround him;
......When five times his strength, attack him;
......If double his strength, divide him;
......If equally matched you may engage him;
......If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
......And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
..........for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."
- Sun Tzu, the Art Of War

In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemy's country whole and intact; to shatter and destroy it is not so good. So, too, it is better to recapture an army entire than to destroy it.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
Sun-tzu, The Art of War. Strategic Assessments

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join