It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Invade Town In NT Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LEAP STICK
reply to post by Omega85

Why are people staring and flagging this, because somebody
found a picture of Steven Speilbergs Moofie and somebody
wrote a bit of text around it.

Anyway
I've been drivin' all night, my hand's wet on the wheel
There's a voice in my head that drives my heer
It's my baby callin', says I need you here

After traveling GOD knows how many Light years and of all the
places to visit on Earth they decide to pop in on small town with
a Population of 112 in the middle of nowhere for no apparent
reason. Maybe they were hoping to pick up a few spare parts
for their Jupiter II.

You make good valid points. Something just...meh!?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragon33
Seriously, this was not reported on any mainstream media outlet that I know of. The one where it is, is like the National Enquirer.
I'm hereby claiming it as a total fabrication.

This is as credible source as any. The dailytelegraph along with courier mail as well as the herald sun to name just a few main streem newspapers that have covered this story.
Also have a look at this article in the daily telegraph they talk about a few other sightings with a couple of videos on there. (not if this incident). Makes you wonder... maybe disclosure is coming soon, they're talking about the soil on mars being good enough to sustain plant life in the past present or future, ice on mars and now ufo sightings in main stream newspapers.
www.news.com.au...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Well, I have no comment on whether or not this did or didn't happen, I just have to comment on the stigma that every person on the planet owns a digital camera.

I do not own a camera. If I was to "see" somethig, I'd be screwed because I'd never have a picture of it. The picture I MAY have would be from my cell, which is worthless. I just don't see why people believe that everyone has a camera handy sitting nearby. I have lots of other nifty electronics that most people probably don't have, but no camera. Why? Because I don't take pictures of anything. I guess if I ever go on a trip worthy of photos, i will buy a camera.

The fact that I don't own a camera has nothing to do with location, finances, or anything like that... I just ... dont. My sister has a digital camera, but guess where it's at? in a drawer with dead batteries. These, to me, seem like more likely scenarios than assuming that everyone has a digital camera near by with fresh batteries just waiting to snap shots of a UFO.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
It's a crazy article. A local paper 'round those parts would take anything and run with it...

Lol, usually its always croc stories on the front page up here, believe me the NT news is not always a very credible newspaper

The front page of today's NT News is dominated by the threads' UFO story... So I guess it's a really big 'flavor of the month' for our NT friends.

Well it is a change from the normal croc stories we get. I still think that the Pitch Black exrecise has something to do with it, mistaken identity maybe

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I LOVE the croc stories! It's definitely most likely related to the exercise, too.

A few minutes turns into "a few hours" so easily. I'm not saying what the people saw wasn't real, but there's always room for a little exaggeration in these type 'o things.

One thing though, I'll be reading a lot more news about the NT, even just for the croc stories.

I believe this is the hotline.

Another pearler of a story... www.ntnews.com.au...

[edit on 27-6-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Wait till they mix in the croc stories with the sightings, before you know it there'll be a reptilian invasion.

Hopefully they eat cane toads.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
well this sounds weird, not saying its a hoax but until theres is evidence that they were there then we can only say so much. i believe in UFOs and stuff but doesnt mean that what was there was an alien craft? if it was there for hrs how the heck didnt anyone take a pic? is it possible the craft disrupts electrical systems? is it possible it was an experimental aircraft of some sort with a wacky pilot who decided to play around with it?!?! and scare some ppl?? or the fam of his ex gf?? unless u were there and saw things with yr own eyes and analysed them lucidly we pretty much in the fog!! now if it was... then good for them... anyways thats my opinion, and thanks to ATS who rejected my subscription awhile back..

Mustangman

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by chunder
Wait till they mix in the croc stories with the sightings, before you know it there'll be a reptilian invasion.

Hopefully they eat cane toads.

Lol, you never know with the NT news

Anything getting rid of the cane toads (damn queenslanders) would be a bonus

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
What if it is some secret government thing these UFO's, and they are going to put them all over the world, stage an alien invasion and make governments submit to these aliens, so that the government then has total tyranny over the world? They could use their lasers in space to destroy cities of countries who resist and say it was the aliens.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This is in the Northern Territory of Australia which is probably the most real place in Australia as it's very remote even for OZ and as a Territory is not encumberd with most of our federal government rules.
If you reported a UFO sighting you had better have respect of the community or you'll be ridiculed as will your children.
If multiple people from there and I mean locals reported this then you had better believe that they saw something that would normally be attributed to the good old US of A's military base in the NT. Do you know that final accreditation for some of the US airforce pilots is now done in the NT of Australia? Not to mention Pine Gap where even our politicians can't get into. These restrictions realy get under our skin, but being who we are we just wait for the media (What a Joke) to report and even dare I say make an issue of this Bulldust situatiion. Any way up there you do see some unusual things in the night sky but we rationalise what it could have been.
These people know what military aircraft sound and look like as some of the most advanced US planes are based up there so if they say they don't know what they saw and they were scared enough to hide inside then we had better take notice beceause up there they don't buy into the usual bulldust the world media shoves down our throughts and they would think nothing of running inside to get the good lod 303 rifle and sending a couple shots that way. For these people to be too scared to do someting well let me just say they saw someting very real and very scary.
Hey just my thoughts.
Chow

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
It 'happened' before in Australia - you know the water sucking UFO...

Just like it did a few years ago, these dumb people who witnessed this event for a few hours didn't even think of ever taking pictures of it.

Either they're dumb, or it didn't happen.

But I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that it DIDN'T happen and Australian people are smart enough to at least take a picture of it if such thing was to happen for a few hours.

You see? The media is trying to potray the Australian people as dumb.

Only dumb people are dumb enough NOT to at least take pictures of it or even call the police and only dumb people are dumb enough to believe this actually happened.

So if you belive this ever happened just because they put a pic from Steven Spielbarf's movie, then YOU ARE DUMB.

The dumbness of UFO news today is ridiculous.

No wonder people make fun of you people.

[SNIP]

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Macrotus]

Let’s not shoot the messenger.
Mod Edit: Civility and Decorum are Required

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
-2 Hours and no one got out a Camera, or had a Video Recorder, how about a Web cam out the Window, or a Cell Phone Photo, or Video Record?!

-What's the population of this "town".

-Do they know the difference between a Helicopter hovering and an unknown object? A red light, and flood/spotlight[s] sounds a lot like a Helicopter, also the noise coming in and going sounds a lot like a Helicopter, sound waves from a Helicopter cresindo when the Vehicle approaches, and subsides when it leaves audible range.

-I've personally witnessed many Helicopters landing and taking off at night from Medical to Military, and up close it's pretty spectacular to the uninitiated...

-Was there wind with the sounds?

-Where were the Police?!

-I-Witness Accounts are bogus...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Ok, i agree with anyone who mentioned that JUST BECAUSE the newspaper story didn't include any camera/ video footage of the event DOESN'T mean that there isn't any that exists, period...
Plus isn't it like a typical ocurrence for electronic gear to malfunction in the presence of UFO phenomena?? Go figure..

FYI people, Pine Gap is located in NT. There is a hell of a lot of UFO activity happening in this area.. I doubt our Prime Minister has any idea of what goes on in that place.

BTW, is there some kind of UFO spacecraft handbook that clearly states that all alien aircraft must be silent?? Plus, this may not have even been a UFO - who knows what the military gets up to these days..??

Originally posted by zorgon
Originally posted by ufo reality
But what gets me is this..

"We were all really frightened...."

yet after they do this...

"We went outside and were just sitting around drinking tea and talking about it all. The kids were put to bed...."

Okay three big noisy UFO's just buzzed your house. lit up the interior harassed the neighborhood for a couple of hours and you just put the kids to bed and sit around and have TEA??

They don't seem shocked to me... they put the kids to bed and had TEA after witnessing a truly remarkable event

What? You would expect people to stay in their beds under their covers rather than go visit their neighbours, try to relax a little, converse excitedly and attempt to figure out what the hell just happened?? Geez, if i had some massive foreign aircraft hovering over my house, the second they were gone i'd be running out into the street. You've gotta understand that we're pretty laid back here - i just don't think the mass hysteria hype is such a big thing here compared to other places. I mean Australia is pretty far out of the way - geograchically speaking...

Sorry if this doesn't register in your mind as a normal human response. Everyone has a different way of responding to experiences.

[edit on 27/6/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I have one thing to say, though I don't know if it has been mentioned before.

Ok guys, what does UFO mean?

UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT.

There are no SPECIFIC characteristics, aside of "We didn't know what it was"

I see stuff in this thread like:
"It makes no sense, UFO's make no sound!"

"Most people who report UFO's say they made no sound!"

Yes, *THOSE* UFO's may have made no sound, however a UFO is nothing more than *something* that flies, of which people do not know what it is.

I just wish people would use words in their proper definition once than just say "UFO's r alien or reverse-engineered alien technology and they make no sound cuz alien ftw."

Now on topic:

What I found weird in the news report was how they ''acted'':

First: *We were really scared*
Then: *We all had a cup of tea and talked about it*
And yet again: *We were really scared*

It's probably just me but putting it that way sounds like they acted like nothing happened.

[edit on 27/6/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

hoax and utter bs.

why did they not take hundreds of pictures and videos with their camera phones?

why?

nearly every phone has a camera.

not a single picture in 2 hours?

2 hours?

this is simply a tourist ploy to get people in.

THIS IS A COMPLETE FABRICATION.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by esecallum]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Okay.. imagine this. You never seen a ufo before, don't believe in aliens and think that people in a cave took down the WTC and saddam hussien and osama did it etc. You live a sheltered life on a farm. [generalisation of course..]

Suddenly a HUGE frakkin floating thing making a tremendous racket and scaring the utter crud outta you, appears and hovers above your house. Would you go and do the gardening or stay inside and keep away. I'd go outside of course.. but don't blame them for not taking piccies in that situation.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
HI All,

I just noticed this article about military exercises in NT, Australia this week. Could this explain the sighting (article makes reference to sighting article in partner paper)
SOURCE

I think the sighting is unquie due to the noise reported

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

not attacking you, but if they were gonna pop in and have a look around it would make more sense to go there then the "white house" assuming they didnt want to attract a huge audiance.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

mate ppl out there wouldnt even have phone ,there would be no reception. they are in the middle of no where, 112 ppl. 1 pub, 1 shop,1 payphone

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Truespirit82

112 PEOPLE DON'T HAVE A MOBILE PHONE??

IN AUSTRALIA?

what absolute rubbish.

they could not take a single picture in 2 hours?

iit is really hard to be terrified out of your wits continually every instant for 2 hours.

the whole thing is a fabrication by a bunch of beer swilling aussies who had too much to drink or maybe smoked too many magic mushrooms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join