It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Invade Town In NT Australia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
This town is an Aboriginal community, Why would they have mobile phones if there is no reception? These people live on the barest of essentials.

If you ask me, they were probably all drunk and started to see things.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
There are a few posters on this thread that really need to take a trip to Oz.

That possibly no-one had a camera or ran off to their personal psychiatrist immediately afterwards is not particularly unbelievable to anyone who knows the place.

There may be other reasons for discounting the narrative but as it stands and until and unless further interviews take place if calling a hoax for those reasons you may as well call it a hoax because you simply don't believe there can be UFO's.

What we need is an inciteful LMH interview to give it that stamp of authority

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
This town is an Aboriginal community, Why would they have mobile phones if there is no reception? These people live on the barest of essentials.

Is talk and tea a good cure for avoiding hangovers then ?

Which one is it anyway, do they live on the barest essentials in the historical Aboriginal tradition - in which case they do not touch alcohol and have no money to buy it anyway, or do they live on the barest essentials because they have squandered the small fortune Govt hands to them from genuine taxpayers and blown the lot on booze ?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by chunder

Which one is it anyway, do they live on the barest essentials in the historical Aboriginal tradition - in which case they do not touch alcohol and have no money to buy it anyway, or do they live on the barest essentials because they have squandered the small fortune Govt hands to them from genuine taxpayers and blown the lot on booze ?

Its a dry community.....seriously these guys have never even been here

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by chunder

Its a dry community.....seriously these guys have never even been here

If you really believe they are 'dry' then good for you.

The drunk comment was a dig I'll admit that.
Another posibility could be a dodgy batch of drugs being sent their way, or do you think coz they're dry drug dealers don't venture out there? I beg to differ.

Also, you're correct I have never been to this particular community, I have been to a couple of 'dry' ones in Northern WA though and trust me It aint dry..Drugs, alcohol and sniffing petrol is quite common.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
sounds like they are doing this to attract attention to there little home.

get abit of tourism or something happening

[edit on 27-6-2008 by JOINTHERESISTANCE]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Heres a little bit of information on the community:

Seems the link won't work..apologies

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Chadwickus]

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by chunder

Chill out chunder ,these blokes are just suffering from alien base envy .
Round where I live , damn nearly everyone knows there is a base and damn near everyone ,black ,white and alien has seen at least one UFO.
The yanks are just pissed because all they have is a yard full of crapped out , unuseable craft at area 51 .

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

[Also, you're correct I have never been to this particular community, I have been to a couple of 'dry' ones in Northern WA though and trust me It aint dry..Drugs, alcohol and sniffing petrol is quite common.

So you just assume that these people were high or drunk do you? What about the white people that saw it here, i Darwin? Were they sniffing petrol too.....I doubt it.

I have lived in north west WA, north queensland and currently live in the territory. Dont assume everyone up here is always drunk and dont assume that every person in an aboriginal community is sniffing petrol, glue etc. Deny ignorance....dont promote it

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I'm stating what my experiences are, to give perspective of what an indigenous community is. Without the sugar coating.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I'm stating what my experiences are, to give perspective of what an indigenous community is. Without the sugar coating.

What, so you want everyone that has never been to an indigigenous community to think that they are all off their faces? Thats a bit stupid, I know that they have problems, I see it first hand daily, but they arent all like that so stop assuming they are

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Look, we could debate this all night. This isn't really the thread for it.

I have my reasons for being biased and I won't be changing my opinion anytime soon.

So lets agree to disagree.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Its easily possible that no one had any capture devices to document this close encounter. Marlinga is in the middle of a bloody gigantic desert. The sort of place where doctors fly single engine cessnas to get from appointment to appointment.

This is what makes me so suspicious about the article. The language is way too "proper". I've never heard a person living in the outback talk like this. Nothing like it. It's almost like someone with no knowledge at all about Australia has made it up, or an ignorant city person. Not that people in the outback have bad english, just a unique style, especially if it is a purely Aboriginal community.

I doubt its for tourist reasons too. What would there be at marlinga? A few run down dwellings and a general store, some gums and acacia trees and a shart load of spinnefex. Or, on the otherhand, if it was made up just to get people to visit the state then marlinga would be the perfect patsy because 99% of people couldn't be rooted taking the 8 hour + drive from Darwin.

This has hairs on it.

I want to hear the nearest station manager interviewed about the weird CB call he got from Marlinga residents late the other night claiming they saw UFOs. OR, get me a Marlinga resident on National Nine News. Something substantial please.

Oh and to the comedian who suggested they might have smoked too many magic mushrooms...Firstly, smoking magic mushooms doesn't work because heat kills the psilocybin. Secondly, magic mushrooms probably haven't grown up that way for at least 100,000 years. *SNIP************************************************SNIP*

[edit on 27/6/2008 by sollie]

[edit on 27-6-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I'd believe these people - Australian aboriginals living in the bush would be the last people on earth who would wish to draw attention to themselves. It's just not their way of being. Cameras probably not all that appropriate either as aboriginal culture forbids viewing images of those who are deceased. It's cultural. Practically, also too expensive given they're more likely than not to be on government pensions and living in isolation.
The reported sounds however are not the norm for UFO's of the assumed ET variety. Maybe it's some kind of military project in readiness for an upcoming fake ET invasion to assist final globalisation aka Ronald Reagan.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

I love your comment nearly every phone has a camera. One thing you have to understand is that in communitities like this you will struggle to find a phone, as there is nearly zero coverage. Look below at this link which will show coverage provided on the different networks (this is from one, if not the biggest telco in OZ with the lastest network infrastructure)...patchy isn't it...why would you bother having a mobile

Phone Coverage (Cell)

Regards
Ozzieman

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Macrotus

Eat your words mate

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
havent heard any thing about this...i got a mate will ask him if he has heard any thing..

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

No reception out there for mobiles to operate. You should come and see our country and then you would understand. Our total population is 19 million people and 90% live in coastal cities. Most of the continent is desert.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

"We were all really frightened...."

yet after they do this...

Okay three big noisy UFO's just buzzed your house. lit up the interior harassed the neighborhood for a couple of hours and you just put the kids to bed and sit around and have TEA??

Yup I can see this thread will get really big

OH man i laughed so hard Z!!! I was reading through this thread and i would never have expected you to respond - all things considered. BUT, this is priceless so i am glad you did. And it is a VERY good point(s) you make!

Almost like saying - these thugs came around the neighbor hood, jumped on cars, banged on our windows and we hid under the beds. When it got quiet we put the kids to bed and sat OUTSIDE drinking tea. LMAO

Oh man i am done. My sides hurt!!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Hopefully if this situation is ongoing then maybe more preparation can be made, this particular article is appealing for sky watchers so anyone out that way could always volounteer.

"Because it's been active the past seven weeks we decided the more pairs of eyes looking up the better.''
Ms Frola there were only two or three Territorians signed up for tomorrow's 6.30pm start.

"There have been sightings of triangle-shaped craft with lights underneath, cylinder-shaped craft, there has been craft that look like a wheel of lights,'' she said"

*Snip *

To register for UFO spotting call 1800772288.

www.ntnews.com.au...

If anyone over in Oz feels like contacting Ms Frola maybe they could ask if any photos/video exists as she seems to feel this has been going on for a few weeks now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join