It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings spark alien invasion fears

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Are these things not UAVs spying on the population? Interesting how they're over large metropolitan areas.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I live in England and it's the first i've heard about people thinking it's an alien invasion(I hope it is lol).
Just to prove this report is BS since when has liverpool been in the north of England??? LOL

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver
I know I'm going to get a lot of heat for bringing religion into this topic but I'm a firm believer that UFO's have much to do with angels/spirituality. Maybe it's the beginning of the Second Coming.

This is dangerous knowledge when misunderstood.. I wouldn't go kissing the feet of ET, the malevolent nature of these so called sightings does not fit in with your benevolent interpretation of men and the bible...

Anything that interferes should not be trusted, I just hope that the religious brigade don't go singing in the streets and being completely subservient to some punk ass ET..

link   

link   
Im a bit sceptical that there is a 'mass panic' and hundreds of people phoning in in panic balh blah blah
funny how there are those on here that say the MSM never tell the truth, then go and believe THESUN when it says there is mass panic

id guess about 10 people phoned in that were curious, and its blown out of proportion
also, its a test, TPTB are testing public reaction i bet
not for disclosure, but see if their propoganda is still working

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

I been waiting for someone to bring that concept and finally happen; because I convince that that's what it is ; is everything connected with the second coming and is happening ...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Former policeman Steve Rafferty, 50, and his daughter Emma, convinced they were having a close encounter, filmed the unexplained phenomena on a mobile phone.

The 13 flying objects were captured on film and are now reportedly being investigated by army officials.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

I'd very much like to see that film. Being made on a cell phone, I'm sure it meets the two prime criteria for UFO footage: grainy and out of focus.

[edit on 2008/6/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Oeh, scare-tactics. Just say people are running around being scared and others will follow them and thus you pre-create a panic-report that creates the panic you desire. If there are aliens flying around and they ment harm we would be in the frozen section in their supermarkets, sold with noodles and herded in big people-farms. (if they wanted to eat us then
). Why get all evil on us when our technical advances are at a point where we start to unravel the deeper reality around us. If those lights are indeed extraterrestrial that is.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Harman]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver
I know I'm going to get a lot of heat for bringing religion into this topic but I'm a firm believer that UFO's have much to do with angels/spirituality. Maybe it's the beginning of the Second Coming.

While I agree with you to an extent, the connection between UFOs and religious/ spiritual beings is a manufactured one. Think of early man and the mysteries of the sky. "God" lives in the sky, or heaven, therefore anything unexplained in the sky is, apparently, "god" related. It has more to do with imagined relationships than with reality.

That people are afraid of an "alien invasion" is probably normal. Humans don't like anything that threatens "status quo."

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Is it a fact that alien ships collect the energy produced by storms here on our earth?

And if the governments/parliaments of the world don't care about these ufo sightings...then that can only mean one thing, it's their own stuff.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
its obviously fakes created by the government to give them more control, (and for their own other reasons, cause who really knows what they are up to)

and the people will just fall for it like the sheep they are, its beautiful.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This has got something to do with military build up. America, Britain and all their allys are testing their new toys before we fly in and attack Iran!

Its happened before; look at the disclosure of the Stealth Aircraft during the 1st gulf war. Stands to reason that we have new military aircraft we dont yet know about. The 1st gulf war was early 90's for gods sake!!! 18 years ago!

Saying that... remember The Day of the Triffids? Dont look at the lights!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommanderSinclair
Is it a fact that alien ships collect the energy produced by storms here on our earth?

And if the governments/parliaments of the world don't care about these ufo sightings...then that can only mean one thing, it's their own stuff.

Doubt it...they probably have energy far more advanced..taking it from the space around us.And even if they dont,the sun aint that far away,biggest god damn nuclear engine in our solar system,seems pretty obvious thats what you want for energy...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The universe is multi-dimensional, and they are from "higher" dimensions. They are therefore basically right on top of us all the time, but we can't see them. Imagine there was a world composed only of two dimensions, and you, a three-dimensional being were looking over it. The 2-D inhabitants would not be able to see you unless you moved part of your body through their two dimensional flat world, although you would be able to observe them more deeply than they can observe themselves. All that to say that the universe is teeming with life, and its all around us all the time even if we can't see it. But I assure you as well, that the universe is also a beautiful place filled with compassionate and loving energy. It is structured and complex and bizarre beyond our wildest dreams. We have nothing to fear as long as we wake up and smell the coffee. That means taking a good look at our ego and turning some our energy outwards so that it can benefit others ("others" includes this amazing planet, which is very much a lifeform in itself, even if we can only see the aspect of its life that manifests itself in these three dimensions).

Then the next question then is, why are there so many sightings now. We all know the answer--we are being woken up from a long infantile sleep.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Fox did a segment and they said a party let go of Chinese Laterns but they didn't think the way this was moving that it was due to Chinese Lanterns.

The article in the first post stated that 13 objects were over an Army base in Shropshire and they got it on film and the Army is investigating it.

For as much as I read people aren't ready, this goes to show how scared people get just when seeing a ship let alone a being that might be much different in looks compared to us.

The Planet is having many things happening to it right now and I think the way this needs to be looked at is they are observing and maybe telling us something is going to happen in Liverpool and Shropshire areas whether its Army related of some type of natural disaster, we need to observe.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

I heard that from a scientist fellow. Cant remember his name but he is dead now. He said that gouvernment will control us through fear. The final stage of control when all earthly things to fear are no longer feared is to make up an enemy from space. Looks like he was on to something.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I really hate the Chinese Lanterns story. I am assuming that UK doesn't have that many marshes to shout "Swamp Gas!" like in the states?

I don't have the funds, and don't live in the UK. But I dare someone to get 100 Chinese Lanterns and set them off in the night sky on purpose as a test to compare images and results on cell phones and vid cams. Shut up this lantern theory once and for all.

Why do so many people assume that Unidentified Flying Objects automatically equal an alien presence? Whatever the objects are, they fly at a high altitude. I will state that yes, some of these bunches of objects do seem to have some sort of intelligent movement. However they are so far away that no one can really say for sure what they are. As it stands now, it's just a bunch of blobs in the sky of unknown origin.

Putting myself into a possible ET train of thought... if I was planning an attack on a planet, I wouldn't hover around and create fear for fun. I would attack outright, plain and simple. I would behave like an old-time British marching army, complete with bagpipes and drums (analogy).

Finally, does anyone think it's remotely possible that all the sightings from the ground like that are the result of holographic imagery? Personally I think the Stephenville, TX sightings of the funky lights was no more than a test of the system. It really looked like someone pushed "play" on a system to put out some squiggly lines, for they changed like a multi-photo viewer you might see on the internet. And all that requires to run is to push play also. How difficult would it be to create a couple dozen images of multi colored squiggly lines, input it into the program and push play?

No, it's not angels and it's not the second coming. It's the government having fun with the people. Get them so scared they will give up all their rights and agree to some outlandish plan for "safety and security." And then someone will step up to the podium and say, "We will protect you! But first you must give up all your personal weapons and move into the new system of government we've created and everything will be alright."

Riiiiiight.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm sure that they blew a handful of people's reactions up in order to color the article and spread the idea of invasion to everyone reading it.
If an invasion had been planned, it could easily have been accomplished many times over, during the last several million years, so its far more likely to be 1) a slow PR campaign leading to full disclosure and ufos over every major city, or 2) these are black op crafts with the campaign of putting the fear of invasion in the mass consciousness.

I have my own viewpoint on most ets, and the fact that many are working with the nwo nazi's and supplying them the advanced technology to hijack this planet. I personally have a problem with that. As they are telepathic, I would wish for people to meditate in groups and tell them exactly what they think of their involvements with nazi's and the fact that everyone is sovereign and will not take this abuse of human rights and dignity any longer. That if they are not good, they should leave and take the 13 bloodlines with them.
It is to our advantage that they are telepathic. We should be telling them off all the time.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
I live in England and it's the first i've heard about people thinking it's an alien invasion(I hope it is lol).
Just to prove this report is BS since when has liverpool been in the north of England??? LOL

Where do you live then? Liverpool has always been considered North of England? (north west to be pedantic)

Im in yorkshire, believe me, no ones panicing here either
Although Talk Sport, the biggest talk radio station in the country had a special feature on the subject on the phone in with John Gaunt this morning

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm on the East Coast of the USA so please excuse my ignorance of your Country.

I looked up maps and from what I gather and I could be wrong but isn't Stropshire (Army Base) in Stropshire mid-way somewhat between Liverpool and Cardiff. I say everyone should keep eyes on that Army Base.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join