It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings spark alien invasion fears

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

UFO sightings spark alien invasion fears

news.ninemsn.com.au

Alarmed UK citizens convinced they saw an armada of UFOs in the sky have flooded radio stations with their calls of distress.

Hundreds of people witnessed strange orange orbs hover over Liverpool, north England, on Monday, British tabloid The Sun reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
More and more sightings are coming out all over the world lately and more "corporate" news agencies are reporting them for a change! Could this be the start of something big???

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Alarmed UK citizens convinced they saw an armada of UFOs in the sky have flooded radio stations with their calls of distress.

you know what i find worrying if its true, is the alleged reaction.

"aargh, its something unknown, quick call the authorities, run for cover!"

[edit on 26/6/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I know I'm going to get a lot of heat for bringing religion into this topic but I'm a firm believer that UFO's have much to do with angels/spirituality. Maybe it's the beginning of the Second Coming.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I hope it isn't. Honestly, in a sci-fi movie it's all good, but if real aliens really did invade it'd be a terrible disruption to my life. I don't want to hide underground away from the alien death squads roaming the streets, I don't want to see my friends being shot by Martians. Good grief, I bet there are people out there thinking "this is it! I get to fight a spaceman!" too.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

They/It are probably just making sure we dont forget theyre "out there" and to keep the FUD going.

There has been mass sightings of "things" throughout human history, but we have yet to be invaded by the "things". That doesn't stop it from scaring the crap out of people though.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver
I know I'm going to get a lot of heat for bringing religion into this topic but I'm a firm believer that UFO's have much to do with angels/spirituality. Maybe it's the beginning of the Second Coming.
Usually I'd vehimently dissagree with you. But things are starting to make sense to me,prehaps these balls of light are what the ancients refered to as angels "follow the guiding star" ect. As we spin back round into the bit of the galxy we're in now,coming into the age of aquarius,maybe they're here to bring us forward.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The recent 'UFO' visitations are surprising seeing how many there has been lately. But I can't help but wonder about them sometimes.
Mankind is still socially and psyhcologically in its infancy and any intelligent individual or culture surely would be wise enough to think to itself "hang on a moment, these beings I'm visiting are getting panicky, maybe I should lie low for a while". But they seem to be increasing.

Surely they would understand that a mass viewing would be seen as a threat and we would act to defend ourselves?.

I have 2 trains of thought when it comes to UFO's (what I would do in their position):

1 - if friendly surely they should send 1 ship / craft to a populated area of a country ( say - Parliament area in London) . that way it's not an invasion but a hello, also you avoid mass panic because people in general are afraid of the unknown, and stand infront of the cameras and people and state what they want to say. If you don't want to alarm the public you should appear to be consious of the fact that if you have a load of craft in one area people will commit suicide in panic. ( not that I've heard of any yet)
2 - if hostile attack en masse in every major city , people suiciding themselves leaves less cleanup for them.

Just my opinion mind , and not a qualified UFO understander ( if there is such a word).

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I predict that they will start body snatching poeple and for some reason... we will all have to be chipped... Good idea NWO bastards!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
If they do decide to attack I hope it will be AFTER "American Idol" and "Dancing With The Stars". I will be sure to "text" My family while I am being beamed up to their ship to be deported to their home planet for use as slave labor. I only hope and pray that in the heat of the moment theyh don't scratch my car cuz I totally just got it waxed and polished and that would sooo totallly piss me off.
And I totally hope they don't drink my beer after they kill me 'cuz I only have a few left and I'm saving those for when I get to heaven.

sty

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
well, if they wanted to invade us they could do that long long time ago, they were allways here and having huge technological advances in comparation with whatever we can dream of . There was no reason for them to wait this long ! My opinion - they must be concrned on how we evolve here on Earth as we are on the point of spreading out in space who we are ! what are we going to export into space?

sty

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
just thinking - maybe there are not more sigtings, just more UFO news making in into news as we head towards disclosure. Now we have billions of videocameras across the Globe, it makes it easier to report..

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

well...if they're hostile...I think i'd want to ditch my house as quick as possible seeing as how they'd nail the military first and i live 4 miles from Camp Pendleton :p I guess the upside is that It won't be hard to get my hands on a few guns and get my some little green people

but honestly, if they wanted to make first contact, they only need one ship to land in a public place and claim that they come in peace or something. The whole "we're getting hundreds of reports of multiple orbs" thing sounds fishy to me. I guess they're saying "we're here, and we didn't come alone." It just gives off an uneasy feeling...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

I think ultimately, any general would tell you this is clearly not an invasion. You wouldn't give yourself away so obviously before planning a military strike - you'd lose the element of surprise.

If alien invasion came, you'd know as a Martian kicked down your door and vapourised you. Probably.

sty

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
if i would be an allien, wanting to clean up the Earth , i would take one human to collect his/her DNA , then using evolutionary computing I would create a virus (assambled with nanotech) so evolved that would clean up the Earth the way we see it in 28 days later. 100000 years advances in IT would do it .. BUT - they do not want that , i ensure you !

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Whoever is using these ufos is terrifying the public.

They are terrorists and must all be destroyed. They are polluting our biosphere, they are a threat.

They are not pro-bono proctologists.

We need to shoot one down and broadcast the occupants' execution across the galaxy in all frequencies. Let them know we have more and will do the same to them unless they leave. Aliens are evil.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Pathetic humans, always cowering in fear of the unknown. I'm actually glad alot of people are abit scared. Maybe they'll now learn to open their minds and stop being so damn ignorant.

Originally posted by DataWraith
I have 2 trains of thought when it comes to UFO's (what I would do in their position):

1 - if friendly surely they should send 1 ship / craft to a populated area of a country ( say - Parliament area in London) . that way it's not an invasion but a hello, also you avoid mass panic because people in general are afraid of the unknown, and stand infront of the cameras and people and state what they want to say. If you don't want to alarm the public you should appear to be consious of the fact that if you have a load of craft in one area people will commit suicide in panic. ( not that I've heard of any yet)
2 - if hostile attack en masse in every major city , people suiciding themselves leaves less cleanup for them.

Just my opinion mind , and not a qualified UFO understander ( if there is such a word).

If you could, would you go to another planet with a few people to say, "Hello"? You'd have to be very brave to do that. It could be suicide.

Anyway, I do not believe these aliens are hostile in anyway. Like I said in another thread, it's either the beginning of disclosure or the government is really up to something. I just pray for the previous. The large amount of media coverage is quite weird.

Originally posted by InterestedObserver

Although a good theory, I do not believe that at all. It is prophesised that a "false second coming" will happen first.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
'Alien invasion' - - - I can't help but think of the 'close encounters of the third kind' scene when the aliens are coming down the ramp.
I just want to shout " LETS PLAY SPACE INVADERS".

Anyway I dont think it would be suicide for the occupants if they just hovered for a few hours then landed, waited a couple more then opened the door. People that gathered there , and yes the military would most likely be there as well, the people wouldn't let the miltary attack them as long as the aliens ( if they have studied us for so long and are understanding of our ways) made no threatening motions.
If I heard there was a craft in Parliament Square I for one would leave work and go there to see.
I feel it's about time that the Governments of all countries including the US should Disclose information about the UFO's that visit us. I mean its stupid for anyone to think that in all the vastness of the universe we're the only life in it. It's a waste of space otherwise. Even the Vatican have said there 'maybe' life out there. That's an eye opener if they're willing to have an openmind.
All we need to understand is the way they get here over the vast reaches.Then maybe we can start to understand our place in the Universe. IF not our place then at least know that we're not alone in the whole emptiness.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Aliens are probably far more terrified of us...not so much technology etc...but we are practically just out the swamp and still have our unevolved tribal parts of the brain still pretty much in action,we can pretty much turn 180degress in a split second emotion wise,anger turns to love,love turns to hate and all can happen before you can say KFC.I can see the hesitation with mingling with us and opening us with welcome arms into a galactic society(if aliens do exist) I personally think its just the military....
But yes we are unpredictable,almost like split personality disorder if you were an alien looking from the outside..not a species you want flying about the universe and meeting, greeting other species,thats a big damn responsibility,and one i dont think we are ready for yet as a society...

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I've been saying and saying it.

I think it's time to call Will Smith and Bruce Willis here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join