It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dobson accuses Obama of 'distorting' Bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Dobson accuses Obama of 'distorting' Bible

news.yahoo.com

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - As Barack Obama broadens his outreach to evangelical voters, one of the movement's biggest names, James Dobson, accuses the likely Democratic presidential nominee of distorting the Bible and pushing a "fruitcake interpretation" of the Constitution. "Even if we did have only Christians in our midst, if we expelled every non-Christian from the United States of America, whose Christianity would we teach in the schools?" Obama said. "Would we go with James Dobson's or Al ..
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Oh wow!!!! Now see this is just not good at all. Obama is asking whose teachings should we teach in schools?

chapters like Leviticus, which Obama said suggests slavery is OK and eating shellfish is an abomination, or Jesus' Sermon on the Mount? "Folks haven't been reading their Bibles," Obama said.

Dobson and Minnery accused Obama of wrongly equating Old Testament texts and dietary codes that no longer apply to Jesus' teachings in the New Testament. "... He is dragging biblical understanding through the gutter."

Yes he is!!!! This is scary!!! What is he going to do try and change everyone’s religion to one religion the one he chooses and whoever goes against it is in danger of heresy. It was done before. Examples: Crusades and Spanish inquisition, etc..

Why is he saying things like this?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
So no one has anything to say about this. Everyone is ok with what he is saying?

I have a question is everyone also ok if he becomes president and somehow it becomes law? One religion and one religion only and it’s whatever he decides maybe even something he decides with the Vatican?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
So no one has anything to say about this. Everyone is ok with what he is saying?

No one wants to defend christianity.

It's become taboo.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Perhaps this would be a good time to highlight how - if it turns out there is a nwo - they intend to implement their 'un-speak' strategy.

By making certain subjects Taboo in the eyes of the alternative media.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Seems that way. It's going to be worse than taboo if he puts in one religion. That's what happen years ago and a lot of people died because of it.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
You posted it in the middle of the night. No one is awake yet. Relax!

I just read this in the news about 20 minutes ago.

My first thought - his view of Christianity is soaked in the anti-christian 'Black Liberation Theology'. Who knows what he believes and doesn't believe. Those 'ministers' play games with scripture and reality. It's a mess. (hey .... violent rappers are now 'prophets' according to them
)

Edited to add info about Obama's pastors to prove the point -

Obama's church thread will educate everyone on what he believes.

THIS THREAD talks about his Catholic priest buddy.

THIS ONE talks about Otis Moss III, the new pastor.

Listen to what they say and what their version of Christianity is.
THESE are the people Obama has been learning from for the past 20 years.

[edit on 6/24/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Ever since MAN recognised that the bible could be used as a tool to promote agenda's, people have been corrupting the gospels for their own ends, so this is really nothing new.

BTW, whatever happened to the separation of church and state?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Budski

It looks like he's concern that people is not reading their Bibles enough and it looks like he wants things a certain way.

In the end this will not be good for the Christians.

I’m not for sure about Muslims belief but are they the ones who wants people to memorize their bibles and believe a certain way? If so could this be what he is thinking!

Not good at all!

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Shar]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Interesting, that this corrupted religious figures can be so self righteous in telling others how to interpret the bible.

They are as corrupted as politicians in this nation, all for money, power and control of the masses.

Sorry James Dobson but you are no different than Obama, oops just the different in color, and bible interpretation.

What a whole bunch of rant.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Sorry James Dobson but you are no different than Obama, oops just the different in color, and bible interpretation.

Well at least James Dobson dosen't force everyone to believe his way. I think Obama is actually thinking he can make a one religion here.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
It's possible that he wants people to read more of certain passages to influence their way of thinking I suppose - but to actually memorize the whole thing?

There's also the fact that if he's a very religious man, he wants people to move away from the secular societies we are becoming in the western world.

Frankly, having come across dobson before, and finding his brand of evangelical preaching to be a little hard on the brain, I'm not entirely sure that his motives are what they may appear to be.

IMO religion has no place in an election, but I also realise that's not possible in a country where many take it very seriously.

It's just hard for me to sort the wheat from the chaff with these people sometimes, and to know what is spin and what is real.

[edit on 24/6/2008 by budski]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Sorry to burst the bubble, but Obama is not forcing me to believe in anything and as for religious selfrighteous figures, they amuse me to no end.

Religion and politics are such profitable businesses.

BTW the rant is for the issue between the poltician and the evangelican chosen by god.

As per interpretation.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
FlyersFan

1. Commitment to God
2. Commitment to the Black Community
3. Commitment to the Black Family
4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education
5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence
6. Adherence to the Black Work Ethic
7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect
8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness"
9. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the Black Community
10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions
11. Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System
12. Personal commitment to embracement of the Black Value System.

Um, where does the rest of us fit in at? I see that thread has some ideas about this too. You have given me some great links to check out. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Seems that way. It's going to be worse than taboo if he puts in one religion. That's what happen years ago and a lot of people died because of it.

so shar...your afraid of obama trying to "put in one religion"? and the james dobsons of america have not been trying to do this all along? your kidding right? the fear, bigotry and hatred put out by the religious right over the last few decades, has done more harm to christianity, then an opinion on the interpretation of a few passages of the bible have done.

molehill to mountain comes to mind concerning this thread.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Well at least James Dobson dosen't force everyone to believe his way. I think Obama is actually thinking he can make a one religion here.

Who is being "forced" to do anything?

Do you not have free will?

And what have muslims got to do with this, other than some attempt at association by design to bring them into the conversation?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Who is being "forced" to do anything?

I said James Dobson doesn’t force anyone to believe his way. I said Obama may actually be thinking that one religion is best. Read the news article for this fact!

Do you not have free will?

Didn’t we all have it before as well. Before the Crusades and Spanish inquisition, etc..

And what have muslims got to do with this, other than some attempt at association by design to bring them into the conversation?

I am asking a question here. That you did not answer.

I said, “I’m not for sure about Muslims belief but are they the ones who wants people to memorize their bibles and believe a certain way?”

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

so shar...your afraid of obama trying to "put in one religion"? and the james dobsons of america have not been trying to do this all along? your kidding right?

Yes

No the James Dobson have not been trying to put in one religion we have so many different religions out here and thats good. People can believe and worship their own way.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

quotes from obama:whose christianity should we teach in our (usa) schools?
folks haven't been reading their bibles?

i could be wrong but i thought christianity was not taught in usa government financed schools?--------is obama not aware that this is against the law in usa public schools?

how does he know who does or doesn't read their bibles and what buisness is it of his to imply that i or some others don't "walk the walk" ?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I agree Shar. Obama is pushing a politically correct - as Rev Dobson said "fruitcake" view of the Bible. His talk of the OT laws shows his ignorance.This is just another step along the path to one world government and one world religion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join