It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Otis Moss III - Obama's New Pastor

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Easter Summary

FOX is reporting this. So are some other news outlets.

Obama's new pastor is Rev. Otis Moss III. Moss had a big openng sermon, which took place on Easter. Moss decided that it wasn't a time to talk about Jesus' saving man-kind from their sins. He decided it wasn't time to discuss the great miracle of Easter. It wasn't time to talk about Christ rising from the grave and walking amongst the Apostles with the ultimate hope.

No. Instead he decided it was time to raise the anti-American racist pig Rev. Wright to the same status as Jesus Christ crucified. Otis decided to crucify the press - which was only reporting on THE TRUTH of the situation.

Nothing has changed at that 'church'. No lesson learned. The anti-american racist whining continues. The new Pastor blamed everyone for what has been transpiring EXCEPT the perp - WRight.

Same ol' ... same ol'. Wonder if Obama will keep on going and donating money to this train wreck. If he does .. then that means he agrees with Otis Moss.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well you can't change a Leopards Spots, or a Racist Mind, thats for sure...

The part where he compares Rev. Wright to Jesus is just amazing... Apparently he knows nothing of the Lord Jesus Christ...

ps.. Liked the Rap part though..
Great place for that, in a church...

HA

Semper

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I heard exerpts from the "new" pastor. This guy is just as bad as the original. He hates white people and holds nothing back. Obama choice of pastor is beyond lame.

Is this the same guy who is going to build a cabinet in Washingtion. This will be a shock to Washington DC to have Sharpton and Jackson as cabinent members.

He's a good speaker, but a better liar. He is the worst thing that Amercan has produced as a presidential candidate. Again we lower the bar, one step closer to a third world power.

I guess you can call Obama : The great black hope.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Considering the timing of the controversy, and his audience, I think Rev. Moss' decision to link Jesus and Rev. Wright was an astute one. Jesus was crucified, in part, for speaking truth to power. He spoke out against both the Roman oppression and those Jews who would benefit off the backs of their brothers. Rev. Wright spoke out against the American oppression and was, figuratively, "crucified" by the press. No one is calling Jeremiah Wright the Messiah or anything, but, aside from that, the parallel is clear.

Rev. Otis was right to pillory the press: they deserve it. We've been talking about Rev. Wright for at least two weeks worth of news. What else has been going on? Oh yeah, our economy is failing. Instead of discussing an actually pertinent issue that affects us all, in a most detrimental fashion, the press would rather get ratings by stoking ripping the scab off of our national racial wounds. Good job.

When you said, "Nothing has changed at that 'church'. No lesson learned," what did you mean? What was the "lesson" they should have learned?

@ semper

ps.. Liked the Rap part though.. Great place for that, in a church...

There's Christian rap, just like there's Christian rock. What's the problem?

[edit on 25-3-2008 by HarlemHottie]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HarlemHottie

Remember that YOU asked...

Race issues aside, what I can not tolerate is the "Blatent Anti-American" comments made by Wright.

The old adage comes to mind:

"If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem"

How is hate speech good for anything?

Semper

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

We'll have to agree to disagree on the subject of rap, but, honestly, I figured you didn't like it. That's okay.
I was questioning the implication that rap doesn't belong in church.

Let me ask you, semp, what's "anti-American" to you? I've been seeing the term tossed around a bunch...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HarlemHottie

Well there are several things... Numerous in fact, I guess in the Grand Scheme of things....

In this regard though, it is ANYONE who curses my Country and while cursing it, remains here enjoying all that the United States has to give.

It is CURSING the same country that gives you, as a Pastor, a TAX EXEMPT status, so you don't even have to pay to run your mouth about the same country that is giving you the freedoms...

He was a United States Marine for goodness sake.. We have a history and standards and he crossed the line; and also being a United States Marine, I feel I have the "right" to criticize his unpatriotic actions as a fellow brother of the Corps.

It's all political BS, and we all know that. This time of year, it is hard to accept anything on face value.. Most everything is going to have a political agenda attached...

In the "light of day" I am sure this is no different...

Semper

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
We are just going to disagree with this I guess.
(Except the rap part. Rap in church is fine. )

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
I think Rev. Moss' decision to link Jesus and Rev. Wright was an astute one.

I think it was vile.

Rev. Wright spoke out against the American oppression and was, figuratively, "crucified" by the press.

Rev. Wright spewed racist hate. He literally blamed the white man for everything wrong in the world and he damned America. He did it over and over. He wasn't 'crucified' by the press. He was exposed.

Obama's hypocrisy was exposed as well. He called for IMUS to be fired for his racial slurs (I was glad to see IMUS go!) and Obama claimed he'd never have anyone like that on his staff. OOOOPS ... not only did Obama have someone worse on his staff - he had him as his MENTOR.

the parallel is clear.

... clear as mud.

We've been talking about Rev. Wright for at least two weeks worth of news.

GOOD! Vetting is what needs to be done with everyone - including Obamessiah. I'd be just as glad to have David Duke exposed. Just as glad to have Hillary exposed. Just as glad to have McCain exposed.

What is funny is that whenever a politician gets caught with his pants down he (or she) says 'time to move on and discuss the issues'. Well, having them caught in lies IS an issue. Seeing who their long time mentors and advisors are IS an issue. The 'move along and talk about the issues' mantra only comes out when they are getting vetted and (rightfully) nailed in the press for their own bonehead moves.

Like Hillary this week - getting caught in a whopper - 'dodging bullets in Kosovo' .. she's now got that 'move on and talk about the issues' mantra going.

What was the "lesson" they should have learned?

That they are wrong to spew racist hate and to damn America.
That Wright was wrong.
But your post said that you approve the Wright/Christ link.
So you don't see a lesson to be learned I guess.

BTW - I don't think Christ would have given Farrakhan an award for his anti-white, anti-Jew life mission. Nope .. just can't see that happening ..

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
After the trash released about the Obama campaign, the only ones who would vote for him are blacks and Liberal apologist. Obama should clearly scrape up what’s left and return to Chicago’s ganglands.

His hidden agenda has been clearly exposed. Even his groupies are doubting him. Anybody who defends him is clearly doing a disservice to the United States citizen who loves this country. The Liberal media is spinning this as a ‘no-guilt by association’ clause, but it doesn’t fly today with the internet and talk radio ringing loudly.

You can't have a wife, pastor (for 20 yrs) and replacement pastor who all hate America and not have their views rub off on you.

We have to keep this guy out of the White House.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
In this regard though, it is ANYONE who curses my Country and while cursing it, remains here enjoying all that the United States has to give.

Free Speech guarantees that we can curse the country if we choose. That is what it's all about. If everyone always talked about sweetness and flowers and how wonderful things are, we wouldn't need the first amendment to protect our right to speak our minds. So, exercising one's first amendment right is Anti-American? Interesting...

He was a United States Marine for goodness sake..

All the more reason for him to be allowed to speak his mind... even if people disagree. He fought for the rights we have, he surely should be allowed to exercise those rights without being called Anti-American?

Oops. Apparently not.

and also being a United States Marine, I feel I have the "right" to criticize his unpatriotic actions as a fellow brother of the Corps.

You do. Interesting that you don't consider yourself Anti-American for exercising the EXACT SAME rights he is exercising.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Wow! What utter hubris! Maybe this speech should be titled "The Audacity of Otis".

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
he surely should be allowed to exercise those rights without being called Anti-American?

BH .. screaming over and over 'god damn america' 'god damn america' IS anti-American.

He isnt' anti-American for exercising freedom of speech. He's anti-American for what he screamed over and over 'god damn america'.

That's anti america. It certainly isn't pro-America.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
BH .. screaming over and over 'god damn america' 'god damn america' IS anti-American.

It's anti-government, but it's not "Anti-American". You can pretend that he was damning the country, but I'm sure everyone knows he was speaking of the government.

Do you know what he said? He said, "God damn America for killing innocent people." But of course, all anyone heard is the first part. And I happen to agree with him. God damn America (the government) for invading a sovereign country and killing all those innocent people in Iraq. God Damn America (the government) for making up lame, false excuses to go to war in a country that wasn't even a threat. God Damn America (the government) for sending over 4000 US soldiers to their death for the greed of a few.

Now, you can call me Anti-American, too. But the truth is that I love this country but I do not love the way it's being run.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Based upon his previous speeches, he was also saying god damn to the history of slavery in the US. Can't blame all that on the gov't; he wants a segregated country, imo.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying he CAN'T... I fought and bled so that he CAN...Still do as a matter of fact....

I'm saying he is SCUM to do it...

Everyone has a right to be scum.. It is a free country after all....

Semper

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

You can pretend that he was damning the country,

Oh BH .. I'm not 'pretending' anything. He yelled over and over 'god damn america'. He said exactly what he wanted to say.

but I'm sure everyone knows he was speaking of the government.

No. Everyone who really listens, hears this man very clearly. He did NOT say 'god damn the american government'. he yelled 'god damn america'. He has also made racial slurs against everyone (who isn't black) in this country. His hateful focus isn't on the government alone - but the people as well.

The truth is he hates America - both the government AND the non-black population. He has clearly said so. If he wants to hate us all, that's fine, but he should go move to his precious Africa (his 'true homeland' to quote him). Perhaps he'd be a much happier person and wouldn't be bringing other people down with his hate.

True pastors are supposed to pray for .. and bless .. people and countries. Point out problems - yes. But not call down God to damn them.

[edit on 3/28/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Based upon his previous speeches, he was also saying god damn to the history of slavery in the US.

Well, shame on him! He should be thankful, I guess... Right?

he wants a segregated country, imo.

Perhaps then, he should start with a segregated church.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
wrong thread

[edit on 29-3-2008 by Gpbanker03]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hi BH!

Based upon his previous speeches, he was also saying god damn to the history of slavery in the US.

Well, shame on him! He should be thankful, I guess... Right?

Thankful that the US gov't took steps to end slavery, yes. My point was that when he said gd America, he wasn't only referring to the gov't.

he wants a segregated country, imo.

Perhaps then, he should start with a segregated church.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

They are segregated, philosophically, regardless of skin color.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   

They are segregated...

They are self segregated. They did it to themselves. They want it that way.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join