It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dobson accuses Obama of 'distorting' Bible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
yahn goodey

i could be wrong but i thought christianity was not taught in usa government financed schools?--------is obama not aware that this is against the law in usa public schools?

Your right they took out Christianity in our schools I think sometime in the 60’s. I’m not for sure of the exact date. I just know they are not suppose to teach it or even mention God, for the most part, as sad as that is. However, if I’m not mistaken it’s ok to teach evolution.

how does he know who does or doesn't read their bibles and what buisness is it of his to imply that i or some others don't "walk the walk" ?

I have no clue. But that don’t stop him from thinking and saying what he said. True our walk is our own between me and God. Not the governments!!!!!

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Shar]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
This is just another step along the path to one world government and one world religion.

Yes it is. I was just talking about that to my husband. It will indeed be sad for ANYONE who don't go along with their religion they set up not just the Christians.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

Originally posted by jimmyx

Seems that way. It's going to be worse than taboo if he puts in one religion. That's what happen years ago and a lot of people died because of it.

so shar...your afraid of obama trying to "put in one religion"? and the james dobsons of america have not been trying to do this all along? your kidding right?

Yes

No the James Dobson have not been trying to put in one religion we have so many different religions out here and thats good. People can believe and worship their own way.

o..ok, i've always thought that it doesn't matter what a person believes, but how he uses that belief in the treatment of his fellow man. the greatest "sin" in my opinion is the promotion of fear and hatred, and to the people that even suggest that type of orthodoxy, i quickly dismiss.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

o..ok, i've always thought that it doesn't matter what a person believes, but how he uses that belief in the treatment of his fellow man. the greatest "sin" in my opinion is the promotion of fear and hatred, and to the people that even suggest that type of orthodoxy, i quickly dismiss.

So are you saying it's ok then to put in ONLY ONE RELIGION!? Is this better in your eyes? Or do you think it's better for everyone to have his or her own beliefs?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

FlyersFan

1. Commitment to God
2. Commitment to the Black Community
3. Commitment to the Black Family
4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education
5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence
6. Adherence to the Black Work Ethic
7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect
8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness"
9. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the Black Community
10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions
11. Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System
12. Personal commitment to embracement of the Black Value System.

Um, where does the rest of us fit in at? I see that thread has some ideas about this too. You have given me some great links to check out. Thank you.

where is that from, it is like the other side of the nazi coin, the black nazis

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
James Dobson is head for Focus on the Family. Dobson is also very firmly in league with the current PTB concerning the religious agenda put forward by GWB.

Dobson, and others of his ilk, are social engineers. They want to shape and change society into what they think it should be, rather than what it is.

It's perfectly hypocritical for Dobson to slam Obama for something he himself promotes (Unity of belief in a particular moral guideline).

This boils down to that Dobson doesn't like what Obama believes and wishes to make it seem unfair somehow only because he dislikes it.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

So are you saying it's ok then to put in ONLY ONE RELIGION!? Is this better in your eyes? Or do you think it's better for everyone to have his or her own beliefs?

actually i believe all men "DO" have their own beliefs, whether anyone likes it or not. and this is what has caused such misery and turmoil for thousands of years in the institutions of religion. a simple phrase "my way or the highway" has had more impact on man as a species, whether it is used in a religious or secular context.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

this thread from her link

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
James Dobson is head for Focus on the Family. Dobson is also very firmly in league with the current PTB concerning the religious agenda put forward by GWB.

Just because he's head of Focus on the Family doesn't mean anything. He's not the one running for president and is in the lead to become president!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

this thread from her link

maybe i'm missing something, but it seems that this type of language is used to foster confidence and a positive self-image in black people.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

maybe i'm missing something, but it seems that this type of language is used to foster confidence and a positive self-image in black people.

There is more than one race in the United States. A man running for president needs his views on all people not just one race!!!

However, that is another thread completely as she was just giving me links. This thread is about “Dobson accuses Obama of distorting Bible.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
James Dobson is probably the most powerful of all of the Christian evangelists, when it comes to government power. He is constantly advising Bush et al. Please remember to ask yourselves why this is; after all, he's not a prime minister, who is supposed to be advising govts. I believe he is scared that he will lose his power and influence if Obama is elected instead of McCain, who would happily go along with the Christian right, because he is on the Christian right. Therefore, he has lots of motivation to try to smear Obama.

Now, I will say this: I really don't get what the big deal is about what Obama is saying. I see people on this thread overreacting and reading more into it than is there. I didn't see one thing in that article about Obama wanting a one world religion. You folks are being manipulated, big time, into fearing Obama.

The article sounds as if Obama is asking a rhetorical question by asking what form of Christianity would we use if we were to allow Christian values in govt. (? I think that's what it's saying, it is entirely too vague to really know what's being talked about.) Anyone ever think that maybe Obama was trying to make a point about the dangers of a theocracy in America? To ask which Christian religion would we follow if we were a theocracy, is a good question.

It is a very common journalistic trick to only include a few sentences about the whole conversation or speech, in order to mislead the public. That is what is happening here, IMO. I am an editor and publisher, and I've seen this quite often, in fact, it's constantly used in journalism, very common.

When things are taken out of context, it is easy to misunderstand them. Please, quit with the fear-mongering, do some research and get to the bottom of the story. There have been so many outright lies and spin about Obama and every time I investigate, which is usually, it turns out to be nothing more than a paper tiger.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Please, quit with the fear-mongering

OH give me a break no one is fear mongering here. Were only reporting what Obama is saying. If you fear that then he’s the one who put it in you, not me or anyone else on here.

I think that's what it's saying, it is entirely too vague to really know what's being talked about.

Exactly why you think this is?

Obamas own words. "Even if we did have only Christians in our midst, if we expelled every non-Christian from the United States of America, whose Christianity would we teach in the schools?" Obama said. "Would we go with James Dobson's or Al Sharpton's?" referring to the civil rights leader.
Obama, citing “chapters like Leviticus, which Obama said suggests slavery is OK and eating shellfish is an abomination, or Jesus' Sermon on the Mount,”

Why would Obama say things like this to begin with?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by endrun
James Dobson is probably the most powerful of all of the Christian evangelists, when it comes to government power. He is constantly advising Bush et al. Please remember to ask yourselves why this is; after all, he's not a prime minister, who is supposed to be advising govts. I believe he is scared that he will lose his power and influence if Obama is elected instead of McCain, who would happily go along with the Christian right, because he is on the Christian right. Therefore, he has lots of motivation to try to smear Obama.

Now, I will say this: I really don't get what the big deal is about what Obama is saying. I see people on this thread overreacting and reading more into it than is there. I didn't see one thing in that article about Obama wanting a one world religion. You folks are being manipulated, big time, into fearing Obama.

The article sounds as if Obama is asking a rhetorical question by asking what form of Christianity would we use if we were to allow Christian values in govt. (? I think that's what it's saying, it is entirely too vague to really know what's being talked about.) Anyone ever think that maybe Obama was trying to make a point about the dangers of a theocracy in America? To ask which Christian religion would we follow if we were a theocracy, is a good question.

It is a very common journalistic trick to only include a few sentences about the whole conversation or speech, in order to mislead the public. That is what is happening here, IMO. I am an editor and publisher, and I've seen this quite often, in fact, it's constantly used in journalism, very common.

When things are taken out of context, it is easy to misunderstand them. Please, quit with the fear-mongering, do some research and get to the bottom of the story. There have been so many outright lies and spin about Obama and every time I investigate, which is usually, it turns out to be nothing more than a paper tiger.

well put, context does not fit into a "soundbite", and the verbal vomit spewed by a canidates supporters does more to degrade then enhance the positions set forth by the canidates themselves.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

OH give me a break no one is fear mongering here. Were only reporting what Obama is saying.

You're only reporting what he's saying with your own spin on it and not necessarily in the context in which it was meant, citing one side of the argument only and refusing to listen to anyone else by dismissing them.

And I have to say, theres an awful awful lot of fear mongering going on, and all of it is based on race and religion grounds - theres no threads like this questioning McCains religious viewpoints, are there?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If you want a thread about McCains religious viewpoints then by all means start one!!!!!

I did not put any spin on it. I simply asked questions, “Why is he saying this” I put up his words and that was it!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
quite simply, imagine any white candidate belonging to a church, group, organisation which had the following

"WE SUPPORT THE WHITE RACE"

"WE BELIEVE IN THE WHITE WORKING ETHIC"

etc etc

he would be classed as a nazi- well these blacks are no different

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Shar: Why would he say this? Well, if you read my post thoroughly I said that he may have been asking rhetorical questions in answer to which Christian religion we would follow if we were to become a theocracy; also if Christianity is taught in the schools, which brand of Christianity would we use?

Hope that clarifies what I said earlier. Obama said NOTHING about wanting a one world religion, nor any of the other fear-based statements that some posters on this thread have claimed. Shar, I do think you and some others here are not aware that you are spinning this article out of proportion.

The MSM is grasping at any straws to make people fearful of Obama. He does not belong to a "Blacks only" church, nor is he Muslim and I don't see him forcing any religion on anyone. But people keep believing this stuff out of fear, much of it induced by the last 8 years of this corrupt administration, who have tried to scare Americans silly over non-existent threats.
Can anyone here tell me what Obama's policies are? I'll bet most couldn't, they are so focused on his religious beliefs and afraid he will persecute white people and Christians if he becomes prez. This is simple fear-mongering and speculation, he's never said one thing about wanting to oppress whites or about having One Religion. Don't let yourselves be manilpulated by the press.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

If you want a thread about McCains religious viewpoints then by all means start one!!!!!

I did not put any spin on it. I simply asked questions, “Why is he saying this” I put up his words and that was it!

maybe the reason there is no thread about mccain's religious beliefs, is that people who would vote for obama are more concerned about tangible solutions to this countries problems and consider one's religion to be of a personal and private nature.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by endrun

The MSM is grasping at any straws to make people fearful of Obama. He does not belong to a "Blacks only" church, nor is he Muslim and I don't see him forcing any religion on anyone. But people keep believing this stuff out of fear, much of it induced by the last 8 years of this corrupt administration, who have tried to scare Americans silly over non-existent threats.
Can anyone here tell me what Obama's policies are? I'll bet most couldn't, they are so focused on his religious beliefs and afraid he will persecute white people and Christians if he becomes prez. This is simple fear-mongering and speculation, he's never said one thing about wanting to oppress whites or about having One Religion. Don't let yourselves be manilpulated by the press.

8 years of corrupt administration. You are wrong there! It goes back futher than 8 years!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join