It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dobson accuses Obama of 'distorting' Bible

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The basis for your belief is actually the Word of God then and not "Chistianity"

I suppose you could say that. My views and feelings on what most people envision God to be, may be highly different from most Christian views, but nonetheless they are my feelings based on my own research, intuition, insight, and also on my own life experiences.

A problem I have with religions is that they are intolerant to different beliefs. I feel like I should lead by example and not condemn others, or scare them into believing as I do.

I like the fact that Obama is a Christian, yet seems to be tolerant of other people's rights to religion, and also tolerant on how our government chooses to enforce religion. In principle, choosing to enforce religion in schools, to me, can be just as bad as choosing to ban it completely. If we want to find any type of resolution to issues like this, it will take tolerance of both sides of eachother. Ever since I was very young, I learned very early of both views (creationist and evolutionist theories). Why can't we just leave both views out completely in schools and let parents govern their children's beliefs on the creation of the universe?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Azurus

the definition of tolerate:

1. To allow without prohibiting or opposing; permit.
2. To recognize and respect (the rights, beliefs, or practices of others).
3. To put up with; endure. See Synonyms at bear1.
4. Medicine To have tolerance for (a substance or pathogen).

number 2 is the one most often meant by folks in the context of our discussion, the ideal if you will...
Number 1 is the what happens in practice but never in a way that represents actual parity - someone is always the odd man out....
Number 3 is the reaction to number 1
and number 4 is the ultimate result.....we become numb, immune, and ultimately less loving....

These definitions are the product of the natural mind...but the spiritual mind takes a different view...

What is needed is more love as Yeshua taught...and less tolerance for corruption and lies....Take time to study the Word for ourselves and walk in it as Yeshua instructed...in other words when He says "forgive seventy times seven...do so...When He says "fear not"...do not fear....when He says "ask and you shall receive"....ask only once don't forget to receive..." faith [comes] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Paul's definition of love in I Corinthians 13 is our guide...our check list so to speak...if we are not in line with it then all our "tolerance" is nothing more than abdication of our responsibility. Without love tolerance becomes the refusal to be challenged instead of respect for others...a condescending lie that keeps us "right" while keeping others "out" and the Word in....It's the Word that should go out so that others may come in

THOUGH I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
1Cr 13:2
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
1Cr 13:3
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[fn1] but have not love, it profits me nothing.
1Cr 13:4
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
1Cr 13:5
does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
1Cr 13:6
does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
1Cr 13:7
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
1Cr 13:8
Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
1Cr 13:9
For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
1Cr 13:10
But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
1Cr 13:11
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Cr 13:12
For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
1Cr 13:13
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Okies Moderators -Not sure if this too off topic of the OP- if I get dinged for this I understand but I wanted to respond to Azurus post...

[edit on 25-6-2008 by realshanti]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Politics is the worlds new religionand Obama thinks himself to be the god of that religion. The scariest part is that so many people are going along with this and literally worshipping him. If he chooses a new world wide religion I can see most of the world lkeaders going aloong with it becasue that is ultimately what the Bible says will occur.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf37

Come on, do you really believe that? You must not have read the thread...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
i think the definition of religion and worship needs fine tuning.

worship is work. to worship is to work for.

use to be the people worked for the god of their people, who was also the leader of their government.

or they would work for the priests who worked for the god of their people and was the leader of their government.

or they would work for the priests, who worked for the gods of their people and who were the leaders of their government.

this is a little known fact today, although it is clearly obvious from every ancient text on the planet.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azurus
reply to post by lonewolf37

Come on, do you really believe that? You must not have read the thread...

Yeah, I know, it is real hard for me to believe too. I am no Obama fan and have no idea why he is all the rage among people. I just don't get it, I listen to his speechs and he isn't all that impressive, at least not as great as all the hype. I don't see how that could be done without outlawing religions first then what ever one world government is becomes the one world religion. I know what McCain's about because he goes to my Church (falls asleep all the time)

- Con

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
What a joke; the context appears to be that Obama is argueing that no version of christianity should be taught in school as there are many variations of it. Not that we should adopt a singular version and teach it in the school system.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

lol he goes to your church? can you ask him about compressed air tech for cars? cause they are already being developed in france and some australian guy is also developing it for fork lifts and so forth. these guys don't seem to want a solution. rather frustrating since it's destroying the economy

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Conspiriology

lol he goes to your church? can you ask him about compressed air tech for cars? cause they are already being developed in france and some australian guy is also developing it for fork lifts and so forth. these guys don't seem to want a solution. rather frustrating since it's destroying the economy

OMG!! UNDO! I know what you mean and that compressed air engine impressed the crap out of me I was like what the hell are we doing unckle sam! We should have pumped all kinds of money in expanding the research of that car. Well the one I saw was sort of a minivan.

Yeah McCain attends North Phoenix Baptist which is televised and has a huge congregation.

I like McCain but I have noticed he isn't that sharp anymore and it IS quite noticble and concerns me, so I hope he has a good running mate for VP. I can't get to know Obama, something about the guy doesn't add up.

He has little experience, his voting record is extreme left and spends money. He is as much a liberal as George Bush.

I never am happy with what we get left with in the end of these things. it is always the guy I have to settel for and even that ends up having to feel like the lesser of two evils.

I just know there are more qualified heroic kind of leaders out there that are undiscovered and kept that way by the machine that greases the wheels of our GOP.

I sure hope who ever wins can handle the job because they have one helluva mess to cleanup. You got to ask yourself if Bush is leaving the office of the office of President BETTER than he found it. Is he leaving Office with the country in better shape more secure, more upbeat, financially stable etc, than he found it.

The answer to that will be the long list of failures that will haunt the Bush legacy as the most pathetic excuse for a United States President in our History eclipsing Jimmy Carter on many areas.

- Con

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Obama is simply saying that Christians dont go by old testament concepts anymore....instead they go by the NT and what Jesus taught. The OT is old school and was completely changed when Christ came....no more 1,000's of rules and trying to abide by them the way the Orthodox Jews still do.....all those laws are unkeepable.

And Rev. Right by the way was right in alot of the things he said... America was built a slavery, criminals, freemasons, systematic cleansing and destruction of the American Indian race....new world order, racism.....

The media snapped off on right because he started mentioning stuff that most of us here on this board know is true....... but all the patriots that think America is the best country in the world and that Bush is God are the ones that hated the whole ordeal.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Oh for god sake. Since when has criticism of the Bible become such an outrages thing? It's the Bible, it's on Earth with humans. My mother, one of the most devout people I have ever known has criticized the Bible and it's contradictions many times.

Being a Christian doesn't mean being stupid, it isn't about blind faith. It's about a relationship with your maker and understanding where man has made his mark. Such as in the texts on the Bible, which have been perverted by the established Church dogmas than any politician could ever.

Man, I'm afraid he's right. What parts should we take literally when some people say we must? It is his right to point out absurdity if he's clever enough to catch it. Good for him. And no, people haven't been reading their Bibles.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join