It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police chase UFO over Cardiff

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Nice find Becker44.

Quite strange looking.

edit to add

I wonder how sure we can be that this is the actual ufo.

South Wales Police can confirm its air support unit sighted an unusual aircraft. This was reported to the relevant authorities for their investigation," police said in a brief statement, avoiding the use of the term 'UFO', or unidentified flying object.
South Wales Police denied there was a pursuit and indicated that the helicopter crew was never in any danger

www.breitbart.com...

It seems the story is now changing, so sensationalist journalism or something else.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by sherpa]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I highly doubt that it is an image from their pursuit. Until the Police release images, i'm not going to believe that this is one..

If it is, who took it ? and if they had time to take hand held pics they had time to train the FLIR and other optical systems.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Torchwood is a fictional team who hunt aliens, lead by capt Jack Harkness. Torchwood is based in Cardiff and the show is a spin off from Dr who

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
Another amazing piece of information gleaned here is that the object could not be seen with the night vision goggles but could be seen with the naked eye - a very interesting insight into potential extra-terrestrial technology indeed.

You make a very good point, worth examining very closely!

This would only indicate that the UFO chose to be seen. If it was only available in the visible light spectrum then it was obviously chosen to be that way. Very incredible!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
that image is the old one

This photo from 1974 taken onboard a plance shows an unusual light phenomenon in the night sky. UFO enthusiasts got a boost when Welsh police confirmed that one of their helicopter crews had spotted an "unusual aircraft" flying over Cardiff earlier this month. An investigation into the sighting had been launched, they said.

yahoo news report

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Someone should put a freedom of information request in. They cant say no

Excellent suggestion!

I really hope they release a video, that would be astounding!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
No pictures makes a weak case to it actually being an out-of-this world UFO....it could have been just a UAV as someone said.

When I read posts like this, it makes me wonder about the logic in peoples minds...

Just use logic for a moment, nothing else.....

Logic tells me that if a group of trained non-civilians were in the sky every single day, trained for flying in the sky, and have better than average knowledge about civilian aircraft as well as non-civilian..... Logic tells me these people would know the difference between a UAV and a UFO!

So, when credible people tell us that they have seen a UFO, it means they have no idea what they have seen! Which means, this wasn't a friggin UAV!

Also, why would they have to use evasive maneuvers to avoid being hit by this thing, UAVs are slow moving aircraft that would be seen hundreds if not thousands of feet before impact, certainly not scaring a pilot enough to use his training to save lives!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Wow, they are already changing the story!!!!

This is starting to feel like Roswell!!!!!

Ok I must type this out before it slips my mind.....

I was thinking how this UFO could be visible to the naked eye, and be invisible the to infrared spectrum....

Loads of people believe that UFOs are using a sort of force field to bend time and space, giving them the ability to pretty much do anything they want; manipulate gravity and remove g force, going into the future or past... Within this capsule, or field, you can be seen if you adjust your frequency as such. If they are in this field then heat and cold would not be able to be measured do to the force of the field surrounding the craft. Basically they are in a different dimension at the same time can be seen by the naked eye. Which makes me wonder, like I said earlier, if there was a radar signature. If no radar signature, then this UFO would be most likely in another dimension. So if the object collided with the helicopter, then would it crash or go right through like a ghost?

I cannot think past that, any other thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

[edit on 20-6-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

You know thats not entirely true, you can be as highly trained as you like but u can still see things which u cant identify

It's entirely possible that there are UAV's out there that bear no resemblance to what u expect a UAV to look like

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wow, this has gone from being followed, attacked, and police chase to having dodged an object with no police chase. Does that picture look anything like the Starship enterprise to anyone else? Ya, definitely something up though.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by prometheus1111
Sounds like a human was flying the unknown craft. ETs are very skilled pilots

www.youtube.com...

Very skilled pilots?

HELLOOOO??? Can you say Roswell?

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

I think Roswell was a planned accident!

They wanted us to have bodies and technology for proof of existence!

Once you progress beyond space and time travel, I think mistakes are a thing of the past.

Just a thought though....

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Either the original story is correct and they've changed it, or it was sensationalism.

For them to be reporting it as a UFO (in the strict sense of the word) means that they couldn't identify it. Given the type of pilots that usually fly these aircraft (ex-military) it really means they didn't know what it was.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yay!

Finally, some interesting stuff near my house ><

x

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This has happened before... requires realplayer

www.bbc.co.uk...

I may have the longer version of this somewhere on my machine.... will look.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vixxeh__X

Do you know someone that could be related in any way with this event?

It would be great if we could get some inside information.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Not a million miles away from what was RAF now MOD St Athan. Multitask force, Para's, Marines, RAF and a combination of SFSG units!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It was on the News this evening in Wales. The report said the crew do do not wish to be named , however they released a statement saying, "they could not believe what they where seeing" it was a flying disc", they could only say it was a UFO. They had good look at it, and they followed it.

People saw it from the ground and calls where made to the police about it.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPlanetEarth

So an interview said they gave chase!

Now we have a definite conflicting story!

What is really going on?

Have any links to the local news station?

Edit to add:

It is now very unlikely that, given this news story, it was a UAV.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
From the Sun www.thesun.co.uk...

The MoD, which usually investigates UFO sightings, said: “We’ve heard nothing about this. But it is certainly not advisable for police helicopters to go chasing what they think are UFOs.”

If you really believe the Sun, UK MoD sure has some knowledge about them... Bad experience in past ??? hehehe

This sighting has a lot of weight, in spite of the spiced up reporting by the Sun.
And that cloudy image is also not related in any way to this one.

[edit on 20/6/2008 by rocksolidbrain]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join