It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police chase UFO over Cardiff

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Someone should put a freedom of information request in. They cant say no

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Ya ya...uav...that's the ticket...sure sure boss. UAV, I like it. That dog will hunt. They always light up uav's for easy visiblility. Lol, ufo...yeeash, what was I thinking!

Dangit. I wish we still got Dr. Who over here in the states on pbs like we used to.

[edit on 6/20/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
No pictures makes a weak case to it actually being an out-of-this world UFO....it could have been just a UAV as someone said.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

There are probably allot of different UAV's run by several countries, forces, companies etc. that it wouldn't surprise me if there were a few rogues not following STOP.

They have both the old Dr. Who & the newer Dr. Who on. I think Sci Fi channels does the new one as well as a couple other stations.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Thanks VLF. Certainly not saying 'its not possible'. Would be more logical conclusion than uncle martins' ufo finally got fixed.
Too cheap for cable or sat here. Rabbit ears.
And that was one mad as he^^ rabbit!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Well I could swear my PBS station in Seattle had at least a couple back to back episodes of Dr. Who on last weekend. Might want to call your PBS station and ask. Also - if you don't have an HD digital set top box yet you might want to get one cause with mine I can get 3 PBS channels with rabbit ears and the HD ones will down convert to an older set, so you don't need a fancy screen just a sort of fancy box.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Most excellent VLF. Thanks for heads up. My dog is getting real tired of the string I have tied to his tail to the ears with a box of treats.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Whys hsould anyone trust the police? All they have done for the past decade or so is violate the publice trust. They plant ecidence, harass citizens and lie on the stand (normally abot why they HAD to tazer you six times until you died, bec ause you weren't COMPLYING)

Yeah, we should really trust those guys...

That being said, How do we know these cops weren't hallucinating?
Perhaps a mental evaluation should be performed, we can't have delusional polices officers running around (or flying) now can we?

These guys need a dose of their own medicine.
They are not credible witnesses, if anything they have consistently proven themselves to be non-trustworthy, and given the tendency of psychopaths to gravitate to police and political work, shouldn't we at least consider the fact that this could in fact be a hallucination... maybe the psychosis has worsened due to the stresses of the job?

You know they would be calling you crazy if you called the police and told them a UFO almost crashed into you... especially if there was no proof, as in this case. You might even lose your job if your boss found out - but these guys certainly won't.

Talk about a Two-Tier system....

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
These are the types of sightings that carry much weight. It's hard to pass off as swamp gas or balloon something that nearly collides with your aircraft. Nice find.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This is a UAV or a probe, it cannot be intelligent life. Why you ask? I have one simple question that proves it.

Question:

Why would intelligent life visit Cardiff?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Well apparently it was getting the hell out of there as fast as it could... even aliens know when they've made a big mistake.

Of course, we may have to thank Cardiff for the event that saved the planet from invasion...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This is also being discussed here;
www.abovetopsecret.com... e=2#pid4509879

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Maybe it was Doctor Who... He recharges the Tardis at a convergence sf lay-lines in Cardiff

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I love all the Dr. Who references!!! I thought I was going to be clever, and sure enough you all beat me to it!

I know tourism in Cardiff is WAAAAY up since Dr. Who and Torchwood film there, maybe the aliens were just checking out some of the areas where they film.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The BBC states that the helicopter did not give chase:

BBC.co
South Wales Police said the helicopter did not give chase and described the crew as very experienced.

"But it is certainly not advisable for police helicopters to go chasing what they think are UFOs," the spokesperson said.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I would like to confirm whether they did in fact use any cameras or not as the lack of heat signature from an infra red imager makes the incident more interesting.

Any conventional powered aircraft would create some kind of heat unless they have that problem licked now as well, I know in stealth aircraft like the B2 they have addressed this but how well.

There appears to be no approximation of size so I guess we are not seeing the full report by the officers when and if we do will be interesting also.

So until I can see a more comprehensive report released I will reserve judgement.

Nice find by the way s& f

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
sounds like a cover for going over to france to get some cheap contriband, lol.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Interesting indeed.

'Had they not swerved they would be dead' hey ? now thats very unusual - and coming from a skilled helicopter crew used to being up in the air this is a very credible sighting indeed.

Any one live down that way and able to poke around and issue a FOIA request ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join