It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police chase UFO over Cardiff

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

That's the weirdest new report I've read in a long time. There's no description of the event, just a denial that the police chased the object... what's up with that, is there another article that goes with it?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I was just thinking.. Isn't Torchwood in Cardiff, Maybe this is a publicity stunt for the forthcoming Dr. Who. end of Season Finale...

Peace

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
What ? having a 'stunt' and nearly killing an operational Police crew ?

Oh lets see how many offences they could use against them... Jail time mr production crew methinks.

But... we don't know for sure, so anything is possible.

(Mr Rock Ape.. question. Is that Rock Ape as in the creme de la creme RAF Regiment Gunner rock ape ?)

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Was just reading and it says the cardiff UFO wasn't caught on film.
The police chopper was crammed full of high tech surveillance gear and cameras yet somehow it avoided being filmed.....also, the crew said they could not see it with night vision goggles yet it was clearly visible to the naked eye on the night of june 7th.

Definitely a good read and a more reliable source/witness.

All three crew described the object as "flying saucer-shaped" and circled by flashing lights.
They reported it to senior officers who passed on the report to britains UFO investigators.

[edit on 20/6/08 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

That doesn't make any sense at all. All night vision does is amplify the ambient light gathered in... so to not see it in the goggles but be able to see it with the naked eye is nonsense. Any thing you can see with the naked eye you can see in NVGs.

UNLESS of course it was so bright it washed the NVGs out. In that case then how the hell did they not get it on camera ?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Not sure at all.
Just posted what i read....it does say strangely they couldn't see it through NVG's but could with naked eye?
Beats me as to how/why.....but then we are talking about flying saucers/ufos so are there any rules or laws?
does anyone actually know what can and can't be seen or what is best/worst for viewing them?

Just go read the story,i'm only sharing what i've read so far....not saying it's concrete fact.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
According to the news report I just heard on BBC Radio 5 no torchwood or any sci-fi related programmes were being filmed in the area,They chased it because it was acting aggressively and headed straight for them.Also according to The Sun article could not be seen through night vision or infrared only naked eye.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

maybe it was ethereal in nature?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yes that is Rock Ape.. As in RAF Regiment. 3SQN, 34SQN, (Recce platoon & Sqn Sniper. And TCW (Tactical Communications Wing). Also did a detachment with Forest Heroes in Episkopi.. Oh and failed Selection told I was too aggessive.

*anyone in or ex HM forces knows what 'selection' is...

Anyways I rate the police for trying to arrest the UFO....

peace

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see how the MOD deals with this, and to see if they fully investigate this incident and make ALL of their findings public.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Chances are they did film this thing, on the helicopter.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
Chances are they did film this thing, on the helicopter.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by monkeybus]

Correct They did film this but its sitting in government hands right now. Great story hopefully the film that "doesnt exist" comes out one day.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Sounds similar to the Romanian mig21 that was hit by an unknown object (I know this was filmed on the gun camera and supposedly the Cardiff object wasn't picked up). Maybe this is a new stratagy, scare the hell out of the humans in their silly flying machines!!

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Kurokage]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Perhaps some one can help with this but some time ago (10 years?) there was a great piece of footage shot from a Sussex Police helicopter over Brighton. It was night and the object (a cylinder) passed by the aircraft and was filmed on both video and infra red.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
First, blame it on Welsh rugby...

Second, let me know if Captain Jack was involved because if he was it is more evidence I should live in Cardiff ... so as to snog Captain Jack ... and of course fight the enemies of humanity.

Mind you this does put me in mind of Torchwood and makes me wonder about publicity stunts, however, there is too much danger and reality to this one.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Looks like we have an update with a picture.

www.breitbart.com...

Strange indeed

Becker

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A traditional ufo shape with flashing lights around the edges...

Oh ye debunkers where art thou now ???? Hello ??? debunkers.... were oh were art thou !?!

Nice, real nice to see an impeccable source tell us just what they saw.

A flying saucer with flashing lights around the edges...

apc

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Maybe the night vision the chopper used was just infrared or thermal imaging instead of light amplification. This poses a couple avenues of explanation for why it was only visible with the naked eye. Also depending on how long they were or were not in pursuit they might not have had enough time to swing the imaging equipment up as they would normally be pointed down.

As for a UAV, what's the fastest type that fits the description? Can it outrun a typical police helicopter?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join