It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police chase UFO over Cardiff

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Police chase UFO over Cardiff

www.telegraph.co.uk

A police helicopter crew gave chase to a UFO after it almost collided with their aircraft near a military base.

The pilot was forced to bank sharply to avoid being hit by the mystery aircraft as the helicopter was returning to the Ministry of Defence base of St Athan, near Cardiff.

The three crew, who described the UFO as 'flying saucer-shaped', then gave chase, getting as far as the North Devon coast before they ran low on fuel, it was reported.

The police aircraft was hovering at 500ft and waiting clearance to land on June 7, when those onboard spotted the other craft hurtling towards them from below.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This is quite interesting!

I love when there are credible witnesses, its a slap in the face for debunkers.

Its strange that the article doesn't mention a radar signature....

You would think this incident would have some type of evidence to back it up....

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
WOW! good stuff!

from the article: "A spokesman for South Wales Police said: "We can confirm the Air Support Unit sighted an unusual aircraft. This was reported to the relevant authorities for their investigation."

Relevant authorities. Also, I'd guess there will be witnesses, ground observers -- civilians -- as well as trained observers.

These are the kind of reports that I think have real teeth. When you have trained military having the guts to report what they've seen -- it kind of removes the first phase of naysayers right off the bat.

Good thread, thanks!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Your right, it does take some gonads to report this.

I just hope there isn't a coverup story that twists this into nothing but swamp gas

Remember, we have trained people as witnesses, not just the casual observer.

Thanks for the reply!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Great find! f & s
I wonder if they had a traffic camera on board,
I mean if they have all the doodads that a police chopper normaly has (infra-red, night vision etc) then perhaps they had the gumption to turn them on?
If they did, I don't suppose the film will see the light of day, just end up in a box in some dusty basement at the MoD building!!

H

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Call Torchwood!!! I'm not surprised that something was sighted over the area where they film that show.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Do you think there are more and more UFO sightings or people are just more up-front about it?

The UFOs themselves seem to be more brazen. UFO 'dive-bombs' couple

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

Who/what is torchwood?

Airshow perhaps?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Reminds me of the national guard helicopter set upon by an orb in mansfield ohio. They were enveloped by a green haze by it and slung them a thousand feet in seconds in the beam. Widely reported by press in late 70's, early 80's?
Guess ufo's really don't like whirlybirds for some reason. Wonder if it would have really clipped them had he not taken evasive action.
(them)clarity editwww.ufocasebook.com...

[edit on 6/19/2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 6/19/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Wow!

Never heard of that story!

Thanks for sharing!

Fascinating stuff

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Whoa! They are becoming more aggressive. Someone should file FOIA right away. They got to have video of this.

Seems like something has got them riled.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Dang, no video of this. Usually police choppers record stuff when they fly, would have been nice to catch a glimpse of this.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Sounds like a human was flying the unknown craft. ETs are very skilled pilots

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
S & F my friend

There is also another report here regarding the same incident with a couple more details.

With the UK experiencing some interesting UFO events this year, this has to be one of the most important UFO incidents for a very long time.

These guys work in the air and they know the difference between a bird, a plane, the planet venus, swamp gas and a real UFO!

We have to stay on top of this and keep requesting updates from the investigating authorities and not allow it to slip under the radar.

Another amazing piece of information gleaned here is that the object could not be seen with the night vision goggles but could be seen with the naked eye - a very interesting insight into potential extra-terrestrial technology indeed.

What scientific process would achieve this effect?

Excellent find OP

[edit on 20/6/2008 by skibtz]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
These guys work in the air and they know the difference between a bird, a plane, the planet venus, swamp gas and a real UFO!

Hang on, mate, you omitted a possibility.

You forgot to include 'weather balloon' in your list.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
ROFL!!! "not advisable for a police helicopter to go chasing ufo's"...
What they won't respond to 'halt, police over loudspeaker?!'
The nerve of some aliens.
Crew said if they hadn't swerved...'they'd be dead'.
Much unlike the Mansfield case when it almost seemed to be 'helping' them out of a freefall.
Good aliens, bad aliens.
Only visible to naked eye, not cameras nor infrared. Interesting.
No video after having so many days to review it and deep six it.

[edit on 6/20/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Damn weather balloons.

Are we still using them?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
here's another link

The helicopter gave chase and even crossed the British Channel in the process. They soon lost sight of it. That, and fuel shortage forced them to return to base. The incident occurred on June 7, but was reported Friday by The Telegraph.
sure sounds like a UFO...

yeah, right. No video

took them 13 days to alert the news media too

[edit on 20-6-2008 by reject]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
well if it is blur and shaped like a rectanglar box it might be the doctor he refuels his TARDIS at the cardiff rift and i am sure torchwood is all over it. lol

[edit on 20-6-2008 by proteus33]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Probably just a UAV on an automated course and since there was no pilot on board the operator probably wasn't even aware of the collision or just decided to run because he knew it would be reported as an Unknown Flying Object.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join