It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police chase UFO over Cardiff

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:
Wig

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
Either he's lying or is possibly misinformed?

Or telling the truth.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wig

This is my last reply to you...unfortunately its becoming exhausting even reading what you post...I must contain my frustrations and be respectful....

Let me quote my very first post...

The three crew, who described the UFO as 'flying saucer-shaped', then gave chase, getting as far as the North Devon coast before they ran low on fuel, it was reported.

THE THREE CREW.....DESCRIBED.......THE UFO.......THEN GAVE CHASE....

The story has gotten twisted like we all predicted it would. What you are defending is the twisted story. My original post displayed the very first mention of this case in the press. I am going with my gut, just like Roswell, when the first story is the correct one, and anything after that is a cover up!

Call me naive all you want for that but, I will stick with my gut feeling on this.

So the people I am defending here, are the crew personnel. They described the UFO as "saucer shaped". How were they able to use quotes over that if it wasn't a direct statement from one of the crewmembers?

I don't see LANTERNS or UAVs here. And frankly, anything said otherwise, IMO is disrespectful to those who witnessed this.

Nuff said!

Wig

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
They are able to use quotes because someone said it, and if you read the early reports that someone is identified as an anonymous source. That someone phoned up a reporter and said "XYZ happened to the police heli crew, they said it was disc shaped" This is third person information, the person may or may not have identified himself to the reporter. It does not make what he said true. He could have been lieing as a joke on his buddies.

one of the earliest newspaper reports the south wales echo

Newspapers use lots of terminology which actually means very little
"it has been reported" = some other paper/TV news has said this, we have no idea if it is true or not

"according to some reports" some news org has reported this, we have no idea if it is true or not.

"an anonymous source" alledgedly someone told a journalist this, but as there is no name it could all be fiction. Even the anonymous person might not even exist.

If you read the newspaper report from the Telegraph in your OP you wil see it says this:

A spokesman for South Wales Police said: "We can confirm the Air Support Unit sighted an unusual aircraft. This was reported to the relevant authorities for their investigation."

It was reported that the aircraft closed in at great speed, aiming straight for the helicopter which swerved sharply.

"They are convinced it was a UFO. It sounds far-fetched, but they know what they saw."

You notice how they seperate the two quotes, they make it look like the second quote came from the SW Police, but in truth it has nothing to do with the police (officially). "it was reported" is referring to the anonymous source, "they are convinced...." is most probably the words of the anonymous source again. Notice how all the quotes used are speaking of the pilots in the third person, there are no direct quotes in the first person.

[edit on 26/6/2008 by Wig]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wig

Ok, so maybe they don't have such good equipment, maybe the reason they didn't see it on night vision camera was something as simple as the camera was not pointing at it. Maybe they did see it on camera and this was just another red herring.

But thanks for the relevant technical info.

Your other options are possible that it wasn't pointing at it, but the equipment is designed to track heat signatures from a distance. A chinese lantern flies by heating up the air inside, so if the camera was pointing at it and recording it would be visible.

Unfortunately this is looking more like a hoax with a complete lack of any supporting information coming out. All we have is confirmation of the police incident with no details and the Sun article.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Some recent information:

www.walesonline.co.uk...

COLLEAGUES and I at UFO Data magazine are launching a full investigation into the alleged sighting of a UFO by the crew of a police helicopter over Cardiff at 12.40am on June 8.

We have already sent a Freedom of Information request to the Ministry of Defence, the Civil Aviation Authority and Gwent Police.

We would simply like to ask if any of your readers have any information concerning the alleged UFO sighting made by the police helicopter crew who were part of the South and East Wales Air Support Unit which is shared between the South Wales Police and Gwent Police.

We would also like to ask if any of your readers observed anything unusual themselves overnight on June 7 and 8.

Any information can be reported to us in confidence at UFO DATA Magazine, PO Box 280, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS26 1AN. Telephone 077 9257 2356. E-mail: [email protected]

Any assistance with this request would be greatly appreciated and I would like to thank you for your co-operation with this matter.

Philip MantleFeatures editor, PO Box 280, Leeds

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Jana,

Firstly, I should say that the sightings are a mixed bag. I was in The Sun's offices on Tuesday and I've seen a lot of different photos and videos, some of which have been published and some of which haven't. Some images may well be of Chinese lanterns, but others seem more difficult to explain.

Given the unprecedented spate of sightings and the associated public interest, I do think there should be a formal inquiry, led by the Ministry of Defence but with the involvement of the police and the Civil Aviation Authority. The fact that UFOs were seen over a military base makes it a security issue. The fact that a UFO was seen in close proximity to a police helicopter makes it an air safety issue. Whatever one believes about UFOs is irrelevent in these circumstances.

Any inquiry should involve:

1. Interviewing the witnesses.

2. Analyzing the photos and videos.

3. Examining civil and military radar data for the times concerned.

Incidentally, The Sun now have a special part of their website devoted to UFO stories:

www.thesun.co.uk...

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,

Nick Pope

========================================
Message Received: Jun 27 2008, 02:39 PM

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Had this happened in December, I'd say lay-off of Santa's reindeer!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm a local resident - less than 1 mile from runway - and saw the lights that night. They were slow moving and resembled the lanterns described. There were several of them and they some passed over my house. For goodness sake, accept the reality of what occurred and forget your fantasies!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Found this Crap cover up on msn news thought people would be interested.... what will they think of next for a cover up?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

I love when there are credible witnesses, its a slap in the face for debunkers.

Its strange that the article doesn't mention a radar signature....

You would think this incident would have some type of evidence to back it up....

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

It could very well be they have a "stealth" technology that makes them radar invisible. The very same technology that decreases the radar signature of modern stealth aircraft. Also, contrary to popular "legend" it was the Rainbow Project and not the Philadelphia Experiment that gets credit for the development of radar invisibility.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

I heard this story mentioned on the radio when i was at work early in the morning. I've never heard a mention of UFO sightings on the radio in New Zealand before. I wonder why they felt the need to report this event which happened in America? Think of the new Indiana Jones movie. Are we being prepared in some way? Recently the Vatican admitted to extraterrestrial life. I can't help but wonder if we only know about this UFO case because we were 'allowed' to by the government or whoever is behind the cover-ups. UFOs just seem to be getting more press, even on the news, than ever before.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
*Update*

www.walesonline.co.uk...

I guess its going to be on US tv now!

This story is getting quite the recognition!

Excellent

Wig

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Well the police have already confirmed they did not chase the UFO, sounds to me like the woman is jumping on the bandwagon. What strikes me as nonsense about her account is ...that she says she saw the chopper chasing the UFO and failing to keep up as it was going like a bat out of hell.

If it was going that fast the chopper would not have chased it in the first place. And/Or would not be close enough to it for the witness to describe it as "a chase" or to associate the chopper with the other aircraft. She IMHO only got the idea of the chase because of the newspaper reports. Let's not forget it was dark, where does she live? How far away were they?

I don't find this credible at all.

Oh and BTW the original story by the Echo mentioned a neighbourhood watch guy called Phillip somebody, and quoted him as saying something like, "I think it (the UFO) was following them, there are mysterious things going on" The paper implied that he had seen it. I have traced this Phillip, and found that he lives in Severn Grove, Central CARDIFF, So he could not have seen it. He also seems to write for the Echo occassionally or is connected with the Echo is some sort of journalistic manner.

[edit on 1/7/2008 by Wig]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
This is a UAV or a probe, it cannot be intelligent life. Why you ask? I have one simple question that proves it.

Question:

Why would intelligent life visit Cardiff?

That would explain why students flock to Cardiff then

A better question would be why would any one visit the U.K?!

Originally posted by Wig
Oh and BTW the original story by the Echo mentioned a neighbourhood watch guy called Phillip somebody, and quoted him as saying something like, "I think it (the UFO) was following them, there are mysterious things going on" The paper implied that he had seen it. I have traced this Phillip, and found that he lives in Severn Grove, Central CARDIFF, So he could not have seen it. He also seems to write for the Echo occassionally or is connected with the Echo is some sort of journalistic manner.

The neighbourhood watch co-ordinator of whom you spoke is Terry Phillips. Despite the man being a resident of the Pontcanna area, he could have been else where. Visiting friends or family for instance?

I actually don't recall hearing about this incident last year. I live in Cardiff and in fact, I have a view out of bedroom. All the way to the Bristol channel and beyond it.If I poked my head out of my skylight windows, I could look over towards St Athan. Perhaps I should keep my eyes peeled next time!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
This is a UAV or a probe, it cannot be intelligent life. Why you ask? I have one simple question that proves it.

Question:

Why would intelligent life visit Cardiff?

That would explain why students flock to Cardiff then

A better question would be why would any intelligent 'life' visit the U.K?!

Originally posted by Wig

The neighbourhood watch co-ordinator of whom you spoke is Terry Phillips. Despite the man being a resident of the Pontcanna area, he could have been else where. Visiting friends or family for instance?

I actually don't recall hearing about this incident last year. I live in Cardiff and in fact, I have a view out of bedroom. All the way to the Bristol channel and beyond it.If I poked my head out of my skylight windows, I could look over towards St Athan. Perhaps I should keep my eyes peeled next time!

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Retro~Burn]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
paging doctor who..you are needed in torchwood three

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join