It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Analysis on this video of UFO's from Illinois (11-09-07)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hello all...my first post here...been checking out the site for months,

This video , in so many ways is a perfect match to what i saw the other night . I was out walking the boodog and looked up towards the northeast and saw almost the exact same thing, except it stayed in a slow more well defined pattern. What freaked me out was the fact that it was crossing the path of wash d.c. air traffic , came really close to a couple of jets flying by. I am about 80 miles below d.c. and see many jets getting up on plain and shutting off the headlights . I saw one jet kinda check left and then resume a flight path...Pretty freakin cool , i think what i saw was a nice piece of space junk coming in ?? It kinda was spinning a bit and had a killer flash at the end of its life..the whole event lasted like 5-7 minutes. Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hmmm... Well - a frame-by-frame analysis should allow a bit of peeling back hopefully giving us a bit more to chew on. But in th meantime:

Does not the movement of this object look very similar to the famous 1978 New Zealand TV sighting, captured by a television film crew as they were flying over the night skies?

I'll have to look at the film another few dozen times, but I'm still trying to reference the tree line with the object(s) to see if the rapid jerky type movements are all a function of camera displacement or of any of them are rapid movements of the object itself - too dark to tell at this point - especially in the early portion of the clip.

Nice find though - thanks for sharing it!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This is a really good case and is what I'd expect to see in a bonafide UFO sighting.

Can basically rule out alot, such as iridium or other satellite flare, since it moves around the sky, high to low w.r.t the horizon.

Neat!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hi their is same kind of event blogged at this site too with some references its about ufo near o'hare airport on 19th
I THINK THIS TIME WE HAVE 2 WITNESS GUYS up:

I am located about 3 miles northeast of OHare. I checked out the sky on my lunch today June 18th at around 2:10 pm.I swear to God I have never seen anything in my life I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me I saw a boomerang huge and low it hovered, turned west and disappeared.

Source

I am still loading this video we have at ats. You guys take a loook at this event too its happened on same day i think ....:

[edit on 19-6-2008 by 123space]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
UFO's from Illinois (06-18-08) [auto-exposed & inverted]

It would seem more a case of "bugs" and "camera movement" than actual UFOs... you decide.

The Original video can be viewed/found here:
www.mufoncms.com...

Again... You Decide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There would Seem a few "edits" thoughout...

... I guess, draw your own conclusions...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My WMP won't let me play it

Anyone take any shots of it?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 123space

Hi 123space, this video was taken on (11-09-2007). It just got reported to MUFON yesterday (06-18-08) Just for clarification...

As far as it being bugs.....what kind? Lightning Bugs?

-Kdial1

Edit: Changed 2008 to 2007

[edit on 19-6-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I just don't know about all this. I don't look much into UFO's. I assume we're not the only life on this planet, and I assume we're not the only intelligent life to have been on this planet or Mars for that matter. But whatever.

At first I thought it was fireworks. I have seen fireworks that act somewhat similar to that, but they have at least somewhat visible trails. These have no trails except when the video jerks back and forth.

It seemed like the most curious parts, the boldest maneuvers, happened when the camera zoomed in and i could no longer make out the horizon, so that's a problem. There were certainly interesting parts when the tree line was visible, although the best were when there was no point of reference.

I don't think it's bugs at all. Sure, they fly back and forth and in odd patterns, but flying bugs don't also hover absolutely still. Certainly not the lightening bugs!

For me the jury is still out on this video. I would be most inclined to think it is a natural phenomenon, perhaps balls of lightening reacting? I wonder what the weather was like that evening.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I thought this was interesting:

One theory suggests that earthquake lights are a form of plasma discharge caused by the release of gases from within the Earth and are electrically charged in the air. Source

Possibly?

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
That is awesome. great hi quality footage.. a real treat to watch.

As for the lights being bugs ? never seen bugs like that ever. What type did you have in mind ?

UFO bugs ?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

11-09-2007 .... I think they then Milwaukee one i posted today is after that event happen check out my thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

This dude also ready to share info with us i checked that post i think Milwaukee mufon investigator also show his interest to see that video too .

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
One must always be leery of aerial fireworks this time of year here in the U.S. Just more LITS as far as I'm concerned, evidence of nothing. I expect to see a few more fireworks misidentified as U.F.O.s before July 4.

Hopefully, the video experts can help us out here.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Lightening bugs don't look like that!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger
One must always be leery of aerial fireworks this time of year here in the U.S. Just more LITS as far as I'm concerned, evidence of nothing. I expect to see a few more fireworks misidentified as U.F.O.s before July 4.

Fireworks don't move from side to side after launch.

this is reaching.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Sir could you please change the date because this video recorder earlier then the date you mention in ur header .Thx. But its a good find flags for you

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
was it just me or did u see more than one i watched the vid threw and u could see small white blobs flare up then dart about... interesting shot especially with a horizon in parts of the shot

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Originally posted by TheAvenger

Fireworks don't move from side to side after launch.

this is reaching.

Actually, they can pretty well make pyrotechnics do whatever they want to. Of course, I'm a UFO believer, so I hope I'm wrong. I just need to see more than lights in the sky( LITS) to figure I have the smoking gun.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

Oh I wouldn't call it a smoking gun. But THIS story which I thought I saw linked in this thread previously.. might be. Who uses the FBI as a reference to propagate a hoax? that would be insane. right?

So they actually give the number to contact the person who submitted the surveillance video evidence of this event because he is the night manager.

I am really really interested in how this case develops now.

If that is a hoax.. which it did appear hoaxy, but who is THAT stupid?

would someone actually be that stupid?

[edit on 19-6-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Videos like this usually aren't a hoax. They are most commonly just misidentified manmade devices or natural phenomena. Perhaps 5% are unknowns. This may well be one of the 5% kind. I made my best guess and will wait for the expert opinions on it.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

That one was thoroughly debunked. The FBI was not involved, it was a security video from a movie theater pointed toward the FBI building.with a default After Effects plug-in used to make a hoax video. The hoaxer was not even smart enough to change the default setting of the After Effects plug-in.

The thread was up yesterday. You should not have any trouble finding it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join