It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Analysis on this video of UFO's from Illinois (11-09-07)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by alienj

I agree.

It's one of those things... IF you happen to catch something like this, wouldn't you try to remember all the UFO sightings you've heard about or seen and try NOT to do anything that would later become a problem for the analysts?

For instance, what he could have done was simply film a good portion of the event without touching the camera... THEN announce that he's going to try and zoom in and if it moves it might look different on camera than in real life. Then he could have followed and zoomed in etc.

But at least he'd give us two versions of the same even in a continuous shot.

I'm always annoyed by the typical night shots because cameras have way too much artifacts showing up and it's hard to control the focus etc during such shots.
But then I assume UFOs are mostly visible during the night. If they glow that much, daytime wouldn't be easy to spot.

Anyway... I'm still thinking it's time to frakkin' have a course to teach people HOW and what not to do while filming such shots.

Still, it's strange we're getting more and more UFO shots and yet, we're getting more and more confused. Maybe the Glow around these anomalies are to mask the entire ship from us so we can't see the USAF logo... Or it's plasma or some distortion that comes out of this thing. Who knows... but most of all... I'm tired of NOT knowing...

I think we're mature enough as a race to accept it if it was what we think it is. If people really would freak out... then I was sadly mistaken of just how evolved we really are.

Just ask your self... HOW would the world be if we know that UFOs were real or not. Two very different worlds, huh? Or would it be?

I think the majority of the population wouldn't care and nothing would change. We'd still suffer and our problems would STILL be the same.

We'd just be very disappointed in our governments for having been lied to about this for so long. And we'd loose trust in them etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Good Video,

I'm a believer!

Kindest Regards...

[edit on 20-6-2008 by ET_CONTACT]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Dude thats the kind of UFO i seen on my last post. Except it was silver. WOW as a first person incounter with seeing one it is def real.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I can confirm this sighting, it was really strange. One night I remember seeing something of that magnitude but I live up way up north near the city so it must have been around the state a couple times. Of course I couldn't document it thanks to my damned brother always stealing my cameras, which he says are still back at his house. At first It seemed to be like a bright star then I saw those same bright blinking lights around it and they were moving like that so I was going "Oh boy". I did manage to focus in on one of the objects with my telescope (the brightest one) and it looked like a sphere. This sphere had a smaller circle in the middle of it and it looked like a hollow hole. Then I saw what looked like bolts of energy going around it with some darker parts to it and it would flash sometimes. This is nuts though, I didn't know anyone had video of this thing. I would've reported it earlier but what good are reports if you don't have video or photo to back them up. Anyways, this thing is definitely legit.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
i'm not sure what it is. i've analyzed several of the frames from the video (not the ones produced by SO, but the first and second videos in the op). they appear to behave like flares but don't, at the same time. it's really puzzling. the background when put in a graphics program and the contrast/brightness turned up, seems to show the faint outlines of large disks, big cubes and various other oddities. one of the balls of light appears to be emerging from a device of some sort, like a launcher, in one of the frames.

you got me. it seems extra and not extra-terrestrial at the same time.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
Having worked with video, and worked with differnt camera in low lighting, I truly believe what you see are stars. The camera operator figured out if he jerked the camera and then became still again the light would dim and then become bright again once the camera was stopped. To see if I could recreate this I took my hand held jvc out on the deck and was able to reproduce this affect after turnning off the light and switching it to low light and focusing the camera into the night sky I noticed how he also filmed what appeared to be the same bright star(what i believe to be the same star) from several different locations. The only affect I did not reproduce was the trailing lights that seem to come off the main light. I really believe it is an after affect from the camera he is using. I hope someone with some cred in video photography can shed some light on this, I really think this person knew what he was shooting and may not be totally up front about the video, but I guess we can wait and see. One question, if this is real it went on for some time, why didnt he set the camera up properly, stay in one spot and film it in its entirety without the camera jerks? without jerks we would have no streaks nor diming and getting bright again?

Interesting theory, but I don't think you can just explain away the trailing light, as you said. I've used several types of video camera in night shots before and I've seen the effects where the object appears dim, then bright as the camera refocuses on the object and tries to auto-adjust for light levels, but I've never seen the effect where a smaller after image breaks away from the main image.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's amazing to me what you all expect from a UFO video.

Let me see, he uses a tripod, check.
Doesn't fill in all sorts of crappy music and headings, check.
Doesn't run his mouth, sounding like a drunk, blathering idiot, check.
Follows the images when he can!, check.

So you all are mad because the UFO's didn't stay in one area of the sky? or is it because they won't come back during the day to say hello?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

there were mutiple objects all over the sky at different places.he was just moving the camera to focus on the different objects at diffrerent points duh.does that seem like moving it on purpose to make them look like they're jetting around?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Why does a September 2007 video not get reported to Mufon until June 2008?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
2: Someone FINALLY used a tripod!!

No-one ever has a Tri-Pod to use

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I don't get it. Why is this particular video getting so much attention? Even if the video was "real," and it showed a flying saucer in bright daylight that had happy aliens waving flags on it, it still wouldn't be anything more than a mild curiosity. It can't prove anything. It doesn't even suggest anything unless you already have aliens in your head.

Time travelers?
Alien craft?
Strange atmospheric phenomena?

Lights. Whatever.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have the MUFON link ?

Can anyone post complementary data, like the exact place (coordinates), time, camera data & specs, etc...

If nothing indicates that it could be CGI (I know it is not 100 % reliable but still), then I agree with what has been said before in this thread : pyrotechnics

That's a good start, I know someone who is a professional and I might even do some extras with him this summer. I'll let you know what he thinks...

Cheers,
Europa aka Buck

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Europa733

I am waiting right now to hear back from the person who filmed this via email. That should clear it up.

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
hey peeps,im from oregon and i seen this same thing,not the same one or same day,but it was exactly like this,bright light that was moving,thought it was a satellite at first but it was too bright,then it disappeared which saellites dont do.great video and now i feel a little more sane knowing im not the only on that has seen this..great thread also good job guys and gals

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Could it not be meteors breaking up in the atmosphere? The pieces coming off of the main bright objects seem to be consistent with a meteor entering the atmosphere and breaking apart.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver
Could it not be meteors breaking up in the atmosphere? The pieces coming off of the main bright objects seem to be consistent with a meteor entering the atmosphere and breaking apart.
no it could not,ive seen lots of those,but thanks for questioning our intelligence.pleeeease..........

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Good UFO video IMO, but does it really deserve 89 flags?

In my honest opinion, using a tripod makes any UFO video (or any video really) a whole lot better. Although the video doesn't prove aliens, makes you really wonder what the hell that light is.

If I shot this video, I would of flagged this thread in a heartbeat, just because you know your experiences are real and almost always question others.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The Author of this video is posting in my thread here, user name:

Rootmean

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Turns out this video was being discussed in my other thread, I did not catch up with the thread until today. He discusses the whole story here.

-Kdial1

[edit on 20-6-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

IMO, There are a few problems with the meteor theory..

-This object does not follow a more or less straight trajectory while a meteor would.

-This object disappears sometimes

-The speed of the object is always changing

Very different from even the longest lasting meteors. And if this were some kind of ionization trail (which can last about 45 minutes) it would be relatively stationary. This object goes all over the place and always changes it's speed. Highly unlikely to be a meteor or anything related to a meteor.

-ChriS

[edit on 20-6-2008 by BlasteR]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join