It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Analysis on this video of UFO's from Illinois (11-09-07)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I need to get that program just so I can see what all these effects are so I can spot them myself.

On another note.. I am curious as to how far they are going to probe him for doing a hoax involving the FBI.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
UPDATE: Improved Video

You can download a QuickTime version of the video that's smaller in file size with improved contrast:
UfoTapeShrink.mov12.16MB

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Finally got it downloaded. No bugs, just lights. Those are self illuminated.

I think this goes into the unknown category. Small bright lights, spawning other small lights that move off and become bright themselves after the original light goes out. That is pretty much all that is there.

Otherwise they are UFOs in that who knows what he lights are. Unknown lights from an unknown source does not do much other than get excitable people excited.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks Bill!

makes it much easier to analyze. Still not sure what to make of it.

I am leaving this in the hands of the experts whilst I sit back and watch it again.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
what is with jerking the camera all over the place?
makes me suspicious like whoever filmed it is trying to give the illusion that the object is jetting off in one direction or another when in reality its just the camera jerking all around.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I don't think the FBI was involved. It was just a movie theater worker who had a view of the FBI building from work on a security camera. Someone even went to the trouble to confirm the address of both the theater and the FBI building on Google Earth and post the map.

After you use CG Software for a while you get to where you can tell the difference most of the time. The price is high and the learning curve is more than most hobbyists would want to deal with. The fellow who debunked it on the thread is well known in the 3D and CG community. I've seen his work many times. He is the genuine article.

Here is the link.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I converted it to frames at the same frame rate. What you see is what there is. The only thing of note I see is that when it is bright, it sits motionless for quite a few frames. That I do find interesting.

I would not expect any expert to come up with anything definitive.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I disagree. After he pans over to the large tree and it sits it shoots up after sitting still for a while.. while he still has the tree in view as a reference point. the camera is not moved again until after it shoots up. It was stationary as the tree was in the same spot of the shot it had been while it shot upwards after sitting hovering there.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I'm only referring to the frames where it sits static for quite a few frames and does not even move a pixel in frame by frame comparison. We are not disagreeing. Just talking about different parts.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

k fair enough. I am going ot go over this frame by frame tommorow. I am too tired to go through them all tonight. time to get some zzz.

I look forward to further info in the morning

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
To Keep this in perspective...

According to the report this video was taken on 11-09-2007 But he is just coming out with it.

bold : mine

November of 2007, not a recent close to July 4th clip, so this would lessen the possibility of a fireworks deal which tend to pop up in this time of the year.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Appears to be mil aircraft releasing countermeasure flares.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
incredible, incredible, incredible video!!
JUST a small statement, there's something odd about the movement, like its digital.
(and maybe the craft/entity is by all means digitally driven).
but *something* seems weird to the eye.

on a saving note, it's very refreshing to read the MUFOn accounts.
very great find and video! kudos!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

I believe the orb UFO's you are referring to are what are commonly called "Plasma UFO's". I noticed on youtube, there are many of these exact same kinds of videos showing the exact same kind of object showing the exact same kinds of behavior.. The videos depict a very real object showing remarkable characteristics.. probably beyond what many would assume to be our current capabilities (But of coarse that's always debatable due to still classified black projects we don't know about).

But these objects you are referring to almost never seem to be a UFO with a solid mass but a plasma-like cocoon which becomes powered-up from the inside out.

Here is one of the more well known examples for those who haven't seen it before..

I must say.. WOW what an amazing vid that MUFON video is.
Very odd flight characteristics, extremely high speed to the point of seeming to disappear completey at some points and reappearing elsewhere, this video is amazing. If you notice, the smaller object that floats away and "flickers" seems to always be the direction the larger object travels. All kinds of ideas come to mind as to why we are seeing such behavior, but if this really is some kind of alien UFO then this smaller flickering object is obviously an important clue as to the propulsion system of this object.

I had a sighting involving myself and 12 other family members back in 1995 ( It is also catalogued on the MUFON website) that was similar somewhat only what we saw was much further away, almost in low orbit. We saw these objects appearing, disappearing, traveling at insane speeds, and at times there were dozens of them right above our heads. Most of them were brighter than what you would expect from a satellite. Sometimes the smaller objects would combine to form a larger, brighter object and the object would then disappear as if to fly off at an insane velocity. It was on the exact night that the space shuttle was docking with MIR. The news said we could see the two slowly coming together in the night sky and to keep a look out. We started looking up but I feel completely comfortable saying what we saw was not the space shuttle, mir, or anything else man-made..

After posting it on MUFON, a local MUFON representative contacted me and was asking for an interview. I agreed to the in-person interview via email but I never heard back..

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
From what it looks like to me, the object appears to be letting off a high static charge which you can see when the bright flash appears, now whats odd is that where the "orb" appears it actually appears to be the same object being pulled towards the charge.. really interesting. It makes me think that it builds a high static charge and polarizes the air and just like magnets the object is then ripped from orentation and trusted/pulled at accelerated rates towards the field.. Nice find.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
Just from a cursory standpoint it's very interesting. The first thing a skeptic is going to say is the possibility of some sort of pyrotechnic device(s). We'd have to somehow rule that out, and I do have a pyro company I've worked with before on concert gigs I could consult.

Wow, that was my first thought, "pyrotechnics".

If you watch the video carefully it goes like this:

The single brightest object in the sky is what I would call the "fire stage" which doesn't last that long and burns out fast. During the "fire stage", it shoots out a smaller pyrotechnic device into a stage I would call "flight stage", and after a determined amount of flight time (fuel time), "flight stage" transforms/bursts into a "fire stage". Then the loop repeats.

It's like a flare that keeps shooting a new flare when the old flare burns out. Could probably keep a battlefield lit for a very long time, or it could keep a heat seeking device confused for a length of time. Which is a really great idea!

[edit on 20-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Hello everyone,
First time posting on ATS because I had to comment on the fireworks issue mentioned on this thread.
I am coming from Croatia (Europe) and last night I was attending a international Firework competition.
Last night a pyrotechnics group (Portugal) had its firework show (presentation) for about 15 minutes and according to the Croatian T V sources that group is one of the best in the world.
The firework was magnificent and I am not watching this competition for the first time. However, the orbs in the video are not even closely similar to anything I saw at the fireworks show last night and I was watching it from an area for the visitors of the show where the visibility was excellent.
Therefore, I think the orbs on the video would not be created by a firework.
Tonight I am going again to watch the show again because Croatian representatives are on the turn. I will try to record it with a camera so if I see something similar to the video I am going to post it on this thread.
Sorry if my English is bad and I hope my info has contributed to the thread!
Since the info on the fireworks are on Croatian I will not post the sources but if someone insists just ask!!!

Have a nice day!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

This video is interesting though.

Could it be a camera CCD issue? After all, light waves can make some weird dots on CCD's.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Having worked with video, and worked with differnt camera in low lighting, I truly believe what you see are stars. The camera operator figured out if he jerked the camera and then became still again the light would dim and then become bright again once the camera was stopped. To see if I could recreate this I took my hand held jvc out on the deck and was able to reproduce this affect after turnning off the light and switching it to low light and focusing the camera into the night sky I noticed how he also filmed what appeared to be the same bright star(what i believe to be the same star) from several different locations. The only affect I did not reproduce was the trailing lights that seem to come off the main light. I really believe it is an after affect from the camera he is using. I hope someone with some cred in video photography can shed some light on this, I really think this person knew what he was shooting and may not be totally up front about the video, but I guess we can wait and see. One question, if this is real it went on for some time, why didnt he set the camera up properly, stay in one spot and film it in its entirety without the camera jerks? without jerks we would have no streaks nor diming and getting bright again?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join