It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Analysis on this video of UFO's from Illinois (11-09-07)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I found this video on the MUFON website it was submitted yesterday. Here is the description:

"I was coming home from work on IL-14, when I looked North above Grayville, Il and saw two or three of the amber orbs. First one appeared, then one came below and to the left of it. Possibly another, it's been six months ago since then. I continued to watch the sky until I got home. When I arrived I got out my camera and tripod. I believe it was about twenty minutes before I saw anything else. The description is exactly the same as my reports from 9/11/07 and 9/12/07 in Indiana, they are the only two on that date if you wish to look them up. The difference in this sighting is that I could see small dots of light splitting off from the orbs as they lit up, and continuing on in the sky to repeat this again. The orbs lasted only seconds on this occasion, and there were about eight in all; most were caught on tape. The following has been recoded to wmv9, thus losing some quality; however the important aspects can still be seen. Any questions should be sent to *snip*"

Video 35MB High quality

Now this is what I know about the video so far:

1: The objects are not moving at incredible speeds, this is the camera moving on the tripod.

2: Someone FINALLY used a tripod!!

3: Objects are coming off of the bigger object in different directions.

I personally think this is some great video! Hope to hear your input.

-Kdial1

Correction to title: I originally said this was in Indiana, it is Illinois

Edit: Changed date in the thread title to actual date of Incident.

UPDATE: Improved Video

You can download a QuickTime version of the video that's smaller in file size with improved contrast:
UfoTapeShrink.mov12.16MB

[edit on 19-6-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have seen an orange orb like that on two different occaisions in Denver

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I've forwarded a link to the video and this thread to Jeff Ritzmann and David Biedny for their take on this.

Soon as I hear back from them I will post what they think here (if they don't themselves).

FWIW I find this to be fairly interesting because of the tree line but not so interesting because of all the camera motion creating much (if not all) the appearance of the light trails/motion blur.

There were a couple sections however that it does truly appear as though the "light" (I hate the word "orb" anymore after all the BS lens flares and bug pictures) is moving rather than the camera moving making it appear as though the light is moving.

I am looking forward to what the experts have to say about this one.

Springer...

[edit on 6-19-2008 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Just from a cursory standpoint it's very interesting. The first thing a skeptic is going to say is the possibility of some sort of pyrotechnic device(s). We'd have to somehow rule that out, and I do have a pyro company I've worked with before on concert gigs I could consult.

However, I'm knee deep in several tapes sent by a witness in Indy, which contain footage I'm told is not dissimilar to this. I have yet to find that footage within the tapes I've been sent, but there's much to go over and I may not have gotten to that event yet. The witness has conveyed to me this is one of the most pinnacle sightings he or she has had. I'm sure within the next day or two I'll come across it within the very long tapes to be watched.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
I do have a pyro company I've worked with before on concert gigs I could consult.

That would be great! Thanks for sending this video to Ritzman Springer and thank you for taking a look at this Jeff. The person who reported this posted his email on MUFON too if you want more information. I will try digging up some more information from him.

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Great video!

Excellent quality for once too!!!!

I am excited to see something fresh on ATS!

Well done

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Yep they're ufo orbs alright, amber being the most frequently seen around the world. These things are everywhere. It's so real yet so funny.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I know it's been said a thousand times around here, but this is the best UFO video I have ever seen and doesn't scream fake, or somebody mistook a plane or something like that.
But what I can't tell is the "orb" flying around shooting the objects out of it, because in some shots it seemed to me that the smaller objects were being left behind as the main craft zoomed away.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
well UFO orbs is a relative term. Indiana from what I understand has had some slight tremors (which was related to me by the witness I'm working with). Pressure on the earth's fault lines before or after tremors can cause atmospheric lights, others say it's gases released and ignited in the air from underground. I don't know that there's a solid explanation for them, other then they are reported during earthquake type events.

But, it bears mentioning that these don't seem to behave like those that I've seen or read about.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by jritzmann]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Wow , now THIS is a really good video.
I look forward the analysis of this.

The movement speed are indicative of things I have seen before.

My opinion.. these things love to show off!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
First, I have to say that I have no training in video analysis. I can employ normal tools, such as changing the values of the video, slowing it down, zooming, and of course, the ever-popular application of logic and reason.

That said, I think this is an excellent video, and I thank you for bringing it to us. As a previous poster said, when I saw the light "shoot" off another light, I was reminded of pyrotechnics, however, some of these "sub-lights" seem to then move on their own in manners inconsistent with a falling, burning, ember.

What I'd really like to know is what speed this presentation is..... in the sense of, is this real-time? Slow motion? There is some lateral camera movement it looks like, but overall I think it's a good piece of work, and I think it's pretty convincing depiction of something non-conventional..... not a plane, not venus, not swamp gas, or politician gas, nor Underdog. It's a multi-event UFO.

Interested to see what the professional analysis reveals.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I didn't feel like logging in at the time but this is much like what I have been seeing almost on a nightly basis in the Atlanta, Georgia Metro area.

In the video you may notice the lighted object leaving the larger one, it is identical to what I have seen here, I found this video unnerving because of how close the resemblances were.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wow, excellent video!
I cant wait to show some of my skeptic friends that. I love to hear what they come up with to explain this one, but of course they said if its on anything digital they wont believe it, because it can be manipulated.

I believe, i have saw something such as this before, except it left a trail and was green.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Kdial,
Good idea to post this in its own thread as I agree it is one of the best I have seen. I am still not sure if this is from In or Ill. It was posted recently by rootmean on the thread about the Indiana sitings. It certainly resembled the phenomenon I witnessed but it seems in this case they do not stay illuminated near as long or move in tandem the same way. It will be interesting to see/hear the analysis.

IF these are being seen everywhere it certainly reduces chances of them being a hoax I would say. A couple questions I have is are they solid objects or as previously described Orange Balls of Light(OBOL).

BP

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This is (as far I can see) very similar to what I see last month in south Turkey. Unfortunatly the cameraman made not a perfect job here, and it is too short.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Right now you can read the report on MUFON. It is on the "last 20 reports" section: MUFON "Last 20 reports" It is being reported from Indiana according to MUFON. But he says he was traveling on an Illinois road on his way home. So I am guessing it is real close to the border.

According to the report this video was taken on 11-09-2007 But he is just coming out with it. Take a look at my thread about Indiana sightings which Blackprojects is managing right now
Appreciate it

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Keep in mind too the person who took this video took it as the little "lights" were lighting up the big "lights"

As stated here in his report to MUFON:

Amber colored balls of light, object visible on cam moving between orbs and lighting them.

-Kdial1

[edit on 19-6-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
the video tantalizingly ends at the point where you would expect the dim object drifting towards the lower right corner to brighten up like its predecessors.

If the entire video can be obtained and shows this feature consistently, then fireworks would be a reasonable explanation.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I have invited him to this thread to get his input. Be interesting to see if he has more video.

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2believeor0
the video tantalizingly ends at the point where you would expect the dim object drifting towards the lower right corner to brighten up like its predecessors.

If the entire video can be obtained and shows this feature consistently, then fireworks would be a reasonable explanation.

Fireworks? I haven't seen fireworks confine itself to a single ball of light and then slit off into another single smaller ball. If you can find a link to a video showing fireworks doing that I'd love to see it, but so far I'm excited about this video being the real deal.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
kdial1 AWESOME find

Any time someone uses a tripod I get all warm and gushy inside, and it's only happened twice now, this being one of them, that I have seen, I am sure there have been way more on here, but I have only seen this one and one I found, and my guy wouldn't cough up the raw footage for Internos
so I am all giddy now

I hope the person who filmed this will come on ATS...thanks for being the go-between kdial1!

Indiana has been a hotbed lately, as seen in the Indiana thread here on ATS...perhaps it's bleeding over to Illinois now as well.

It's worth looking at 1000 lame videos, and obvious hoaxes to find one, that has just some PROMISE, doesn't have to turn out to be totally a "UFO" just have some promise mind you, for me....great work, starred and flagged to see what develops!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join