It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

No prob. I had a similar experience, and although I was on hallucinogenics when it happened, it was still quite real to me and it lasted long after the trip was over.

I'm definitely not saying any of this applies to you, I only say it just in case it is somehow helpful.

I felt I had to live up to this experience, and I failed. It caused me a lot of grief. I wouldn't want anyone else to go through that. Today, some twenty years since I had my experience, I believe I was wrong in thinking that I had to live up to anything. I made a prison out of what might have set me free, by misinterpreting it.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm a bit of a "man of extremes" myself. Strange tho, I've never felt even the slightest urge to kill someone for their religion, even tho I do greatly despise the effects of most religions. Maybe I'm a saint in disguise from myself
?
Balance. Yeah. In all things; including balance itself. Got to push a little to see where the boundaries are, eh?
I always seem to make my worst decisions when I try to think of "balance" as a weighing scale; having to put everything relevant on 1 side or the other. Like now: should I post OT like this, or not?
Black & white: no. Still, myriads of shades of reason to go ahead (Mods:lol
My best decisions have been made with realistic hope. Strange as it may seem, there really is magic in committment.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Wow! Great stuff, everyone. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your experiences. This thread just keeps on producing great results. Thanks, again and keep them coming.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Here's another electrifying tale
More of an extreme coincidence than strange...
During a summer break from university I had the opportunity of a short but lucrative contract in another city, where I could also enrole on a cool training course. My wife & I decided that there wasn't any point uprooting her & our daughter, which meant I could save money by renting the cheapest hovel I could find, since I would hardly be there. I set off with a sleeping bag, change of clothes & a book to do just that.
In my new place I discovered a big old colour TV (ie wooden box & valves) in a cupboard under the stairs. I've never been into TV much, but there's only so much reading you can do before concentration wavers, eh? I plugged it in to see if it worked. It did, after a fashion: the colour was knackered; blue looked magenta etc. I fiddled with it, but it was an electronic fault. Still, it was quite a cool effect, so I left it plugged in, to show some mates.
A few days later, some mates & I arrived there, during a thunderstorm, in a van to move some of my stuff from home into the place. We dashed inside to wait for the rain to stop, so my stuff wouldn't get soaked on the way in. There were comments along the lines of, "Wow, you've actually got a TV for a change!"
I explained & switched it on to show them. It was so old that it took a while to warm up before the picture would appear, during which time 1 of them said, "Aren't you supposed to unplug the telly when its thundering?"
I replied, "Oh, I don't care. If it gets struck by lightning, it'll just put it out of its misery!"
You've guessed it... The picture had only just appeared, showing a kind of sci-fi otherworldly horserace, when the house got struck by lightning! There was a really bright ultraviolet like flash from the window behind the TV & the boom was so loud, I seemed to feel it more than hear it... & the TV?
FIXED!!!
The colour was back to normal! It was still working when I moved out 12 weeks later. The landlord actually gave me £5 for "fixing" it!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well after reading all of this - which was wonderful - I felt I should post also.

I have so many strange experiences I would not be able to post them all.

These are a few of the strangest:

When I was a child I would get sleep paralysis, and see very large charcoal gray beings standing by my bed. I called them "The Ash People" I only mentioned them once to my parents.

When my uncle was in the hospital, I woke up at 6:40 in the morning and went in to tell my parents that he had died. They got up and while trying to tell me everything was okay the phone rang. It was the hospital to tell them he had died.

When I was about 11 years old I had a dream that my house was on fire and I ran screaming to every one in the house and tried desperately to get them out. I was not able to be comforted and I could see flames every where but it was as if I was still in the dream but I was not. I remember them trying to shake me out of it and it was terrifying, eventually I was able to be calmed and I was really shaken. Two weeks later coming home from across the state the Police stopped us and took us to the Police station where they informed my mother and all of us that our house had burned and my father was in jail, when they did not find my mom and us kids they assumed he had killed us and burned the home.

I had a surgery that failed and I nearly bleed to death. Several days after they removed the tube from my throat, I kept telling them that all the nurses were angels. My doc finally asked me to elaborate, and I told him that I had woke up in a brilliant white room. I floated into a room with beds draped in white silk. Not able to detect any floor or ceiling, but the brilliance of the room was every where. I seen my Aunt standing there dressed as a nurse and she smiled at me, I kind of floated over to her. She told me "Oh, your not suppose to be here yet" then I felt her hand on my cheek and I was gone. One thing strange about this was that I had not seen my aunt since I was 7 or 8 and I was in my late 30's. When I told my mom about this she said my aunt had passed many years previous and she had been a nurse. Neither of which I had known.
Morphine dreams maybe???

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
THe strangest thing I experienced was UNDERSTANDING MY REASON FOR EXISTING.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Can you explain this? How did you come to understand the reason, and if possible, what is the reason?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

To balance the UNFAIRNESS THAT HAS EXISTED in THIS UNIVERSE FOR A LONG TIME. NOT TO BE EXPLAINED BUT "WITNESSED" FRIEND

And I came to understand by viewing pratically everyone around me for years and seeing the SELFISHNESS inside SOME HERE AND RECOGNIZING THAT I DONT POSSESS SUCH WEAK ENERGIES. Any being can do the same for I am not special nor different GENETICALLY THEN YOU. Spiritually its a completely different ball game. I feel my SPIRIT AND FELT IT GROW INTO WHAT IT HAS BECOME. Once it reached a certain maturity I caught on. Basically LOVE EVERYONE HUMBLE REGUARDLESS OF RELEGION -RACE-SIZE-SHAPE-SPECIES-AND HATE ONLY THOSE WHO HATE-WHO ARE PREJIDUCE-POWER SEEKING-EVIL. EVIL ENERGY SEEMS TO BE ATTRACTIVE TO ME "THE ENERGY" NOT THE HOST OF IT. TRY IT SEE IF YOU CAN THINK ABOUT THOSE WHO SUFFER EVERYDAY ON EARTH W/O FOOD /SHELTER/ EVEN PARENTS AS YOU WALK ABOVE GROUND EVERYDAY AND YOU WILL BECOME HUMBLE. Not because you feel your situation isnt as bad THATS SELFISH but to possess the compassion for you fellow BROTHEREN OF ALL KINDS. AND MABEY you will understand. But for many here it seems like as far as it aint over here IM COOL WIT THAT KEEP THE DANGER IN THOSE DANGEROUS PLACES selfish KARMA GROWTH, and the people there oh well I cant help them alone HELPLESS attitude. I dont possess that HELPLESS ATTITUDE I FEEL 1 CAN DO MORE THEN THE MAJORITY. NUFF SAID FRIEND try it "you may be recognized from ABOVE FOR NOT BEING SELFISH".

[edit on 12/3/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hello, my first post and English is not my first language, but hopefully you can understand me.

My life has been pretty boring, so the strangest thing I've experienced is not really that strange, probably just coincidence, but who knows?

I was in a hospital, standing outside my sister's room, in the corridor, a few hours after she gave birth to my niece. I didn't want to stay inside too long because I had a cold at the time.

Then I saw what seemed to be a common family - a father, holding a ~10 months old boy and his mother - walking towards the other side of the corridor, from the elevator, away from me in a way that I didn't see their faces. At that moment, I had a very strange and unusual feeling, that I maybe knew that boy or was connected to him somehow.

An hour or so later, I forgot the feeling and went to sit in a sofa that faced the elevator, around 6 meters away. Then the family came and called the elevator, but because of the way the father was holding the baby on his arm, I'm sure he still hasn't seen me. Then I got the strange feeling again and I just "knew" the boy would have recognized me if he had seen me.

At that *exact* moment, the boy suddenly wringgled over his fathers arm, turning around to face me *directly* and happily smiled to me. I was very startled, but after a couple of seconds I smiled back. While still smiling, he started to wave at me and I waved back. The parents stopped talking to each other to see what the boy was doing and, noting me, they both smiled, but with confused looks. I sort of shrugged, then the elevator came, we said goodbye and they were gone.

Again, probably just coincidence, but it was strange. Specially because I had never had that feeling of "knowing" other person or child. I was reminded by what two psychics had told me, that I'm an indigo person and such, but I don't think I believe in any of that - at least not yet.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by segfault]

[edit on 3-12-2009 by segfault]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
right up front, I would like to state I have NEVER taken any drugs, I won't take anything stronger than ibuprofen or tylenol.

For years I've been hoping someone has seen the strangeness I saw when I was 24....
I was visiting my sister at her home. As I waited for her in the living room (she was busy in another room); I saw a large being across the room, just looking at something in the distance. I could barely see it; it was translucent with a yellowish tint. I saw its face and its body, but it was like I was looking into another realm. It’s face was cat-like but I cannot say it was feline because I got the distinct impression that I was not seeing the creature completely. It was like part of the picture was missing. It sat like a four-legged creature, with large hind haunches. I don’t know what it was doing; perhaps it was just sitting there. When it recognized I was looking at it, it immediately stopped what it was doing, crossed the room, and got in my face. Our eyes met when it turned to look at me. I felt neither malevolence nor benevolence from the entity. It was more curiosity, and a little shock that I had seen it (and I him). Because I had only seen its “outline” I told myself it was not real. I closed my mind, and refused to look at it. If it hadn’t been for my sister’s cat coming into the room, jumping on my lap, and hissing at it, then expressing ownership of me (as is their way), I would have felt it was a hallucination. I told myself I was seeing things. I sat there terrified for a while, and looked everywhere but in front of my face until I felt it was gone. I did not close my eyes for fear that it would have acknowledgment that I knew of its existence.

I wish I could draw it, but only recently in the last few years have I been willing to admit it might not have been a hallucination. and with time I am beginning to forget it's face.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

That has happened to myself as well. Except it was my father, and it was a Honda Goldwing. It was such an amazing moment, we never told anyone about it. I was 10 year old girl.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by jane_within]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I wanna hear about the broccoli.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Just recently I have been seeing a strange feline humanoid roaming around my son's room. I'm terrified of it, and it occasionally wakes him up and causes him to cry. Besides it's unusual appearance being off-setting I honestly do not feel completely threatened by it. My boyfriend and I have felt it lying on our bed and on the floor of AJ's (my son) room. I feel like it is some sort of guardian, although terrifying to catch a glimpse of. I have done extensive research to find something that remotely resembles this creature in mythology and have yet to find anything close to my description besides an mngwa (MING-wah) or a werecat. I need help to understand this "beast" and either try to rid our home of it or learn how to welcome it and incorporate it in our daily lives as a spirit guide for my son. Please, someone help me on this.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Lets see:

Dreamed of my boyfriend's campus library before I ever seen it. We were visiting his campus in Rochester, NY (it's over 350 miles away from where we live). Anyway, if I can explain correctly, the dream: It was rainy outside and we were on a gondola that left us off at this corridor with steps going downward. The walls were like gothic stone and the mood was dark. It was daytime in the dream, but the cloudiness made everything seem darker. As we walked downstairs indoors, the first thing we seen ahead were 2 giant golden pyramids, side by side. In between them were Catherine Zeta Jones and her husband Michael Douglas. The inside kind of looked regal, I think the rugs were bright red.

Reality: We were visiting his campus, the weather was pouring outside. He goes to show me the library, the building was white cement, bright (as opposed to the dark gothic stone), there were steps going down just like with the dream. After we made it through the doors, the first things I seen were to plastic blue pyramids side by side with a magazine rack in between.

Realizing the dream, I avoided the magazine racks, and walked far far away from it. I didn't want to find a 'people magazine' with catherine zeta jones or michael douglas on the front. So I'll never know if it in fact was there. The building layout was identical with the exception of some of the superficial things like color. I was very creeped out about it that day.

I also recently dreamed of one of my clinical sites. At the time I was under the impression that I was going to Weill Cornell Med. Ctr. for clinical. One night I had a vivid dream about a park in Manhattan along the Hudson River with trees and yellow tulips (and my family and other random happy people) hanging out on this hill along the Hudson River. The dream was strong enough to effect my mood a little when I woke up, but I just put it to the back of my mind as just being a compelling dream. ---A month later, my assignment was changed to Columbia Presybterian. The first day I was doing clinical there, my patients' rooms were overlooking the Hudson River side. I looked down to see a park that was almost identical to that of my dream. It was fall time (November 2009), all the trees were yellow and I seen potted yellow flowers (not tulips) next to a tennis court. The memory of the dream came back to me.

I wish I knew why I dream of things like this from time to time.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well i have told a lot of people about my experience with the computer speakers but most do not believe it.It was witnessed by my wife and grandson.They could not believe it.They tryed the same thing but it never worked for them.It happened one day when i was taking the computer speakers out of a box.I pluged in the speakers to the power outlet and turned them on.Even before they were connected to the computer the radio started coming out of the speakers as clear as day.I had thought how is that happening and discovered i was holding on to the silver socket that gos into the computer.I let go of the plug and the raido reception stopped.I grabbed the socket again and the radio came though the speakers again.I Held the plug for longer this time about a minute.My wife could not believe what was happening.I felt my head tingling and my hair stood on end.Afterwards i got a very bad headake and it lasted 24 hours.I believe my body acted as a radio receiver.The radio waves passed though my body into the computer speakers.The headake was some sideeffect of the radio waves going though my head.I am guessing its the head that actually picks up the raido waves.Even if i placed the computer speaker socket between my toes ,it would proberly still work.Some people believe the human body cannot act like that.I believe it only works for some people.It worked for me but never worked for my wife or granson.I would not recomend anyone else trying to do this with there computer speakers.Even though the side effects for me was only a headake,for anyone else they could suffer even worst side effects.Why do you think it worked for me and not my wife or granson.?

[edit on 24-12-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

[edit on 24-12-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
hm, a few weird things have happened to me...

sort of premonition dreams. Sometimes the events unfold exactly as they had in the dream, other times they're just oddly similar. Some Examples;

I had dreamed I was having a conversation with a friend and a co-worker about Pokemon and had said "I wanted the Silver version because Lugia was way cooler than whatever was on the Gold version" and one of them said "You know you can catch both of them in both games right?" and then my friend and I was spewed out in jest and artificial rage "WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE GAME COVER, FOOL!" Several days later my friend randomly visited me at work and we were talking video games with my co-worker and the discussion took a turn towards pokemon. My friend asked which was better Gold or Silver version, then the exact situation in my dream occurred. It felt like Deja Vu when it happened but that strange feeling was amplified x10.

Another time I had dreamed I had smoked marijuana laced with coc aine on accident and decided to drive around and ended up getting in several accidents. The very next day as I was leaving the office one of my coworkers asked me if I wanted to smoke some with him. I declined and went to my vehicle. As I backed out of my parking spot my front wheels hit an ice patch and swung out into an illegally parked car :/

There's more, the exact occurences though are always really mundane and just silly conversations I end up having.

Other strange things...

I was going up the stairs from my basement and saw what appeared to be a man emptying my dishwasher. Oddly I didn't think anything of it until I turned down the hallway going away from my kitchen. I suddenly thought "Hey, no one else is here..." I turned back and nobody was there.

When I was young, between the age of 6-10 I would sleep with my bedroom door open. Often a blacker than black silhouette of a head would peak through my doorway. I would always ask my parents why they were looking at me when I was trying to sleep. They'd always say they never left their room. Eventually I just started closing my because these shadow heads creeped me out.

Quite recentl I was at a park for barbeques and bonfires a little ways outside of the city. Now I have to give a little background on this. This area is often used for high school frosh and stag parties because it's several kilometers out of the city and nobody goes there. A few years ago, a year after I graduated actually. The grade 12 class from my former high school was having their stag party out there. One of them, under the influence of alcohol decided it was a good idea to steal one of those little "Gator" tractors that the golfcourse has for maintence. He figured ramming it through the chainlink fence was the best plan. When he did this apparently the vertical post popped out of the ground and went through his chest. He died. So anyways, I was out at the park a few weeks ago, trying to watch the meteor shower (on the evening of the 13th/14th of december) I was laying in the back of my truck bundled up staring at the sky. Next thing I know I see a hooded head go past the sides of my truck. I'm a little shocked as there's never anybody out there in the middle of winter. I sit up and say 'Hey' as the figure is walking away. He gives a sort of half turn and a wave. He disappears behind the deteriorating bathroom building for the park. This figure was only wear jeans and a hooded sweater, in the middle of nowhere in the dead of winter. I was wearing 2 shirts, 2 sweaters and an overcoat as well as 3 layers of pants and I was still frozen. I am 100% convinced this figure was the ghost of that guy who died as no living person would be out there in that attire. He also simply seemed to disappear as soon as he went behind the washrooms.

That park has always creeped me out at night, but that just bumped it up to a whole new level...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
My dream is the strangest thing happening to me. I never really had nightmare. In most of my dreams, I can fly. I can fly very fast, just like Neo in Matrix. However, sometimes I can forget the technique of flying. So I will slowly relax by body to the air, just like floating my body on the water. If anyone watch David Copperfield Flying magic, then can imagine that.

I flew exactly how he start to fly, then will fly up, instead of levitate up. In most of my dreams, when I face any enemy, I will just fly up and they cant hurt me.
This is why I never really had any nightmare before.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
When I was in 6th grade, I went on a class trip to a national park. We went to this place at night and I was looking out over this railing and there was this white ghost-looking girl. So I told my friend and we were talking about how weird it was and stuff. So the next day we went to this observatory and I was hanging out with a group of friends when I saw the same ghost girl. I said "look! a ghost!" and my friend said "um, that's a pole." So I looked again and it was a pole. I was feeling really stupid and getting sick so I thought it was a hallucination. The next morning, we were going to the cafeteria to eat and on the window there was one of those frost things, you know how frost makes pictures on glass sometimes? Anyway, it was a picture of a girl in a white dress who looked like the ghost girl! It was really freaky. On that same trip, in the bathrooms in the cafeteria, the water turned on by itself, the toilet flushed by itself (these weren't automatic), and the automatic paper towel dispenser turned on by itself when there was nothing in front of it.

My theater teacher told my class about a ghost he nicknamed "Bob the Ghost." One day I was just hanging out talking to my friend when I looked up in the wings and saw a person there, dressed in all black with glasses. I thought some kid in my class had snuck up there and pretended to be "Bob the Ghost", but then I realized that no one in my class looked like that. I realized that this must be the ghost, and I was just speechless staring at it. It leaned toward me and made a shhh sign and then disappeared into the darkness. I ran into my teacher's office and told him that I saw "Bob the Ghost", and he said "up in the wings on the left side, in the second window?". That was exactly where I saw it!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
When I was younger I had this experience. I was talking on the phone with a friend in my house (my parents were gone at the time) and while talking, I heard foot steps coming down upstairs. The foot steps were slow but I could hear them. I even told my friend on the phone about it and it was not late at night, it was around 6 PM.
Ever since then, nothing on the likes of this experience ever happened.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
When I was 10 I used to have these weird dreams, I was usually like an elf or something in my dreams, and all of my dreams I would die or pretend to die, and sometimes I had dreams where I was in my house and I feared the basement. Also I was afraid of my sisters dolls. In fact I was so scared I once took a doll and threw it out. Then when I went to bed I had a dream about the doll, I don't remember what happened in it, all I remember was that it was about the doll. Then I see my sister playing with the doll, and I was freaked out. I can't put into words how scared I was. Anyways weird stuff like this happened until we moved. But then something weird happened I hardly ever had dreams, and I know that everyone dreams you just forget it, but I never seemed to remember even forgetting I had a dream. I am now 17 and have never remembered a dream at all since I was about 11. I also sleep walk and once I was at my cousins house and woke up in the middle of the night to find my self in complete darkness, and then I must have passed out. (Now that I think about it I must have sleep walked to the basement...)
Then when ever we drive by our old house I get a weird feeling inside.

None of this is supernatural, just probably my imagination scaring me or something.

The only paranormal that has ever happened to me and that I really think is paranormal is when I was sleeping over at my cousins farm, and we were up late playing video games we saw some white figure that looked like a ghost on the street.

the only weird stuff that happens to me now is, when I sleep I also sleep scream, and my mom tells me that I say sum weird stuff when I scream.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join