It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I am not sure if this is post worthy but last night I experimenting with the whole astral travel thing to no avail, but the dream I had that night was possibly the strangest one I have ever had. I dreamed I was in my room but it was backwards, as in everything was on the opposite side of my room ie my bed tv and things like that. But i "wake up" in my dream on my bed to find another me in the room. The other me had a shaved head but other than that looked exactly like me. We were talking and he asked " if you could go back in time and not know about me would you?" and i answered no for some reason, i liked having him around. I remember talking and then all the lights going out in my house and I got scared. Thats all i really remember but it was such a strange feeling i had when i woke up after the dream.

Any one else ever seen another version of yourself in a dream?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Brydaws

Yes, a younger "me" is often part of my dreams. Difficult to explain, but just before I become lucid, he's often there. I dont always see him, just know he's around.
He does things that I would have done, if I'd thought of it faster, but he's already doing it, if you see what I mean. A bit like "curiosity killed the cat" tho: he's braver or more stupid than me.
He sometimes tells me things that seem worth listening to tho. Other times, the things he does seem like lessons in what I should or shouldn't do, when I look back on them.
Not always easy to tell which! I talk to a friend about it when I'm confused. She's a bit older & more experienced with this kind of OOBE/astral/wierd dream/call-it-whatever type stuff. Just talking it through seems to get to an understanding. Its not like she really knows much, but she's got more experience finding her way whilst not knowing.
Ha! I'll bet that doesn't make much sense. Its the best I can offer right now tho...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Strangest thing I've ever seen was a Catholic mission in Kenya. I was fortunate enough to witness several excorcisms while there. The 1st I wrote off as a psychotic episode. The 2nd and 3rd however were mindnumbing to say the least. I watched a 16 year old girls bed bounce off the ground, levitate about 4 inches off the ground, bend over backwards and crawl through her own legs, heard a voice which came from an undeterminable location in the cell, watched writing in the form of lacerations and welts pop up on her skin and countless other things... Somehow I still managed to remain agnostic...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
1st strange experience: One lazy summer day in my teenage years, I was plopped in front of my computer playing my favorite game battlefield 1942. Nothing unusual was going on so far that day, and I hadn't had anything strange happen in my house for sometime.

So, at about 10 am in the morning, I was caught way off guard, when I heard what sounded like someone walking around and ruffling up papers and various objects in my fathers room. When I quickly realized no one could possibly be home because I would have heard them come in, as my ears are in ample position to hear anyone come through the front door (and not to mention everyone was at work).I froze, chills shot up my spine like a bolt of lightning. All I could do at that point was listen, no longer able to play my game or anything. Just frozen. The noise stopped, for a few seconds, I heard footsteps again, coming out of the room! Which was about 6 feet from my door...

The footsteps ventured down my hall through to the master bedroom... My heart was pounding and I was crippled to the core with fear. SLAM!! Went my parents door... The noises stopped. All I could hear at this point was my heart gearing up for a heart attack and the chills radiating throughout my body like a flame in the wind. For the next 4 minutes or so, I sat there in my chair, still not moving a single hair... Those 4 minutes were the longest 4 minutes of my life. I was so terrified that is hard to describe. SLAM!! Goes my door, as I shut it like a madman, hastily and feverishly locking it.

A few hours later, after I manned up, I came out of the room to investigate. I checked was my father's room, where I heard the ruffling of papers coming from. What I found scared the living hell out of me. I find a cross that had been ripped from the wall, along with the nail it was attached to, laying in the center of the room. The guest bed in that room was a mess, but other than that, no other disturbed objects were noted. I didn't go into the master bedroom fora long time.

I would like to point out there were no windows open in the house.

2nd strange experience Caught an evp of someone moaning.

3rd strange experience:: Heard a baby crying in my room as I was falling asleep

4th strange experience: heard someone breathe into my ear very heavily as I was falling asleep. like a very very loud gasp of air. Scared the hell out of me, I never slept in that room again. Same room I heard the baby crying

5th strange experience Was bored, lying in my bed zoning out. My eyes found themselves gazing at my cross I had in my room to ward off ghosts. Out of nowhere I found myself with a tremendous feeling of anger, as my eyebrows shifted down and I started to get very tense. I remember thinking something about how much I hated that cross and I wanted it off my wall. I was terrified of what was happening to me, but I couldn't seem to control my emotions or my actions, for about a minute I just sat there, like I was chained to my bed, staring at that cross. I eventually snapped out of it, after I forced myself to look away. I didn't sleep well that night.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by sliceNodice]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Most things I can come up with some explanation for, even if I don't believe the explanation, but here is the strangest thing I haven't been able to explain with the most skepticism I can muster up -- I was about 10 years old and loved movies about gambling.

In a play reenactment of a scene where where the guy can change the playing card in his hands by rubbing it, I took a card from the deck and did the same thing.

First time I played, it stayed the same number and suit (as expected). With the same card still in my hands, I reenacted it again. When I opened my hands, it was a completely different card.

I was playing on my own so I had no tricks up my sleeve to hide from myself. I was young but was quite out of my imagination phase by then. I remember doing a double take and making sure there was only 1 card in my hand. Then I tried to do it again and it never worked after.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I will just share one with you guys for now.

I was at my girlfriends house for her birthday they had just brought a new rural property in new zealand me and my mate after a long days horse riding decided to hit the sack.me and my friend had to share a room her parents wouldnt let me sleep with all the other girls.It must have been getting around two in the morning I couldnt sleep I got out of bed and walked to the window there was an amazing view i could see an old house in the bottom paddock it was a victim of storm damadge the roof had partially collapsed the winndow were brocken no one cold be possibly be living in there but there was smoke coming out of the chimney I was 100% sure of what I saw I woke my friend up
and told him what I saw but when he got up to see for him self he saw nothing but he pointed out to me there were lights on.At the time I was starting to feel pretty spooked so we decided to go and check it out wich was a bloody stuipid idea my mate went in first I got distracted I found an old knife on the ground I admit I was a bit scared of going in at the time but it was over 10 mins before I decided to go in I went into what resembled a bedroom and found my friend curled up in a little ball I put my hand on his shoulder and asked him what happned the momment I touched him he got spooked and punched me write in the chops the one blow knocked me to the ground I got up and looked at him he was white and sweating I helped him up and took him back up to the house.Before we had breakfast I sat him down and asked him what happnedtill this veary day he still refuses to tell me.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well that was creepy to read at 1:43 am in the morning!!!! Great it will now be dawn before I finally feel safe enough to go to sleep.... Excellent!
Star!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Yea I fell into the create an account because of this thread.

By far the strangest thing that has ever happend to me was what I can describe as an attempted posession.

Now when I say attempted I mean I felt it enter and stay but never get full control.

I was at my friends place who taught me more about energy and chi if you will, while sitting on his chair and him in on the bed a obituary picture of a deceased friend fell off his mirror. Interesting we thought, but it wasnt until I see the transparent form of a figure standing nest to me that I actually start paying attention the situation. ( im getting the shakes typing this) My friend then ask me if I see this "thing" standing next to me. I ask is it about this high holding my hand above where its "head" would be. He said yes and I agree with him saying yea I see it. Just then I have this sudden rush and a litereal feeling of something entering my body kinda like being hit with a gust of wind but without the wind. as this happend the bottom half of my vision went completley black and I had an overwhelming feeling take over me. I told him I had to leave cause I didnt feel right, as im walking out the door I have to look all the way down to find the door handle because my vision was still blacked out from the bottom half. while im walking ,its dark out by the way, I keep seeing what looks like black holes in the sky and in front of me all different colors, by this time the feeling is to much to take and I have to sit on some stairs and call a friend who lives around the corner to come get me. And as soon as he turns the corner, everything goes back to normal, no strange feeling, no black holes, vision is back to normal. I dont really know what happened but a few wierd things happened to me at that part of my life.....I kinda miss them

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The strangest things always happen when I'm angry and or emotional... So far the strangest thing ever that's happened to me is that I was in an argument with my father, and he wanted me to meet his mistress who he had been having an affair with for 4 years and It went against my moral fiber. The argument was getting quite heated and I was beginning to be afraid for my own safety. there was a glass on the counter near me and all of a sudden it exploded and shattered. My entire left arm was covered in glass shards and i had 2 or 3 that actually got embedded into my skin which I had to pull out. When I found the base of the glass there were air bubbles and cracks as though the entire thing had heated up then cooled suddenly.

It hasn't happened again so that I can properly document it but, I've had other smaller scale things like all the lights in the room I was in die, and I've had people say after an argument that they never want to argue again since they seem to become very easily intimidated. Most psychics I know have said this to. An empath I know said I don't look intimidating and she has no reason to fear me but her psychic side was saying that its best not to anger me.

Xiamara

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Have had 2 very creepy things happen to me that I can recall:

1st was lying in bed trying to get to sleep, just reached that state in between awake and sleep, and I felt like I was seeing through my eyelids. I saw this humanoid leaning over me and staring directly at my face. So I opened my eyes and had to leave the room, couldn't sleep again without fear for ages.

2nd time was more recently, woke up in the morning and felt like I was paralyzed, except I could turn my head to my right and straight ahead, just not to my left. Had this overwhelming fear that something was in my room to my left. So I was lying there desperately trying to turn my head, managed to look in that space and then suddenly I could move fine again. That didn't effect me as badly as the first experience but it was still pretty freaky.

[edit on 17/7/10 by Kappo]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I lived on a farm in Missouri when I was ten and use to collect indian arrow heads in the back pasture, closest to the woods.

At the time the woods by our pasture was around 400 acres, so it was a pretty dense forest. I wasn't allowed to go into the woods but sometimes here and there I did.

Once I went into the forest and there was a clearing pretty far in. That is when I saw a platform on stilts with something wrapped in a blanket on top. I did not come close enough to tell what it was but it was about the size of a person laid out. I saw it for a brief second (from far away) and ran like hell. When I saw whatever it was it was like the air around me was wavy, like on a hot summer day, the way the asphalt gets. Except there was no asphalt and while it was quite warm it wasn't a blazing hot day.

Below is a picture of what I saw. This picture is is a tad bit bigger as I was further away and not going to go any closer.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ea2eba29702.jpg[/atsimg]

I was mad at myself the rest of the day because I was such a chicken and decided to go back and investigate.

I slipped away into the woods again the very next morning and the stilts, platform, blanket and whatever was wrapped in it were gone. The ground looked like it had not been disturbed, it was the same clearing. Also for whateve it is worth, the air felt different that day than the day before.

I know I went back to the right spot because I ran straight back and ended up right at the last fence post. I looked all around that morning and covered more ground than the previous day.

I've often wondered if I had encountered some kind of vortex and or time slip for just a brief second.

~~~~~

I was around 13 and still lived in Missouri. Use to take walks along the railroad track that went through a nice quiet desolate area. Trains rarely came through.

There was a old train depot and as I approached it there was a old woman hanging a basket of flowers outside.

She waved to me and when I came closer she said it was a mighty hot day and would I care for some lemonaid.

I said yes and she showed me in. The depot turned house was small and very clean and neat.

There was another older lady, they were sisters. the only odd thing was the women were dress in simple long dresses like you see in old photographs.

We sat at a round table in the front room and had lemonaid and short bread cookies and talked about the weather and regular stuff. Can't remember what we really talked about, but this incident didn't strike me as abnormal in any way. I do remember they spoke more plain and direct. Their speech struck me a little odd, but I figured a lot of old people are odd so I didn't pay to much attention.

I didn't stay long but promised I would return. They were both very nice women.

I did return about two or three weeks later. The depot was gone. It was like it was never there.

On my way back home I stopped by and asked a lady that lived the closest to this area about the little train depot.

She said, there was no train depot there that she knew of and that she had lived in the general area for a long time.

~~~~~

I was in nursing in my early 20's and was taking a old lady's blood pressure. She was dying. Usually for a blood pressure you have a systolic (upper reading) and diastolic (lower reading). Her blood pressure was 30 and that meant she was going to go any second.

I rush out to get the head charge nurse.

As I reached the doorway, the air around me contracted in and then expanded out. I knew I had felt her last breath.

I have felt the energy life force leave others before, but never felt a full body hug like this.

~~~~~

Again, I was in nursing and working the geriatric ward. It was Friday evening and I had been in charge of a really nice old lady for a couple weeks. Her heart was failing and she was 83. She could not get out of bed at all, she was so weak, thin and frail. That Friday evening, I told her good night, see you on Monday - take care.

I walked into work Monday evening and there she was sitting on a chair outside her room, she actually looked quite better. I got really nervous because she was not suppose to be out of bed. I told her that we would have to get her back to bed and to not get up from the chair until I could get another nurse to come back and help her back to bed. Now I touched her, I held her hands in my own. I touched and felt her.

She said, "Oh but I just wanted to say good bye to my special little nurse".

I told her, "please just stay seated, we'll be right back to help you to bed".

She smiled and said, "thank you".

I ran to the nurses station and told the two nurses to quickly help me get Mrs __ back to bed, she was sitting in the hallway.

They both looked at me and turned white with their eyes popping out.

The head nurse said, "Mrs ___ passed away this morning."

I turned around and looked down the hall. The chair was empty. I went into room 345 and the bed was empty and freshly made up.

After work, some of us would go out for a late night breakfast and as we were sitting around, we talked about what happened earlier. Both my friends said that they thought I was a level headed, reality based person and they both believe that Mrs__ just wanted to say goodbye and thank me.

I have had unusual experiences all my life and believe there is more to this world than what we see, feel, hear, taste and can touch.

Because we are stuck in this three dimensional body, we're also confined to a certain range of frequencies and that limits most of us too.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Many weird things seem to happen to me where I am.

When my family moved into the house we're currently in, I couldn't sleep in my room for the first week. No one really likes to even go into my room in this house. When the animals are in there on a rare occasion, They'll freeze up and their hair will stand up and they'll stare at some invisible thing and perk their ears, after a few seconds they'll bolt out of the room. I always thought this was strange, and entertained the idea of a spirit, but never seriously thought it was until the day It made itself known. I was alone in the house, about to leave fore school, I routinely turned my light and fan off and kept the door wide open, and turned off the a.c. I was down stairs, able to look up and see my room in the hallway. I started walking towards the door when I heard a door slam shut. Not just shut, like someone closing it, like someone who's extremely pissed forcibly slamming it from a distance. I looked up at my room, and my door was shut and the light was on. Never the less to say, I bolted out of the house. Every time I remember that I get the chills and an eery feeling.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
2 creepy things have happened to me.

I one woke up but didn't wake up if you know what i mean,i was conscious where i was but couldn't move,shout very loud or anything i was just laying there for what seemed like ages,then everything got louder & i could move,really freaking me out.

The other time i was on my way to work on my bike & everything around me just vanished,no cars,birds,people,nothing,i stopped where i was looking around,it was as if time had stopped everywhere,after about 2 minutes later noises came back,cars moving & people walking around..very strange if you ask me

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
As other users have said before me, thanks Static Sky for an awesome, entertaining thread! I'm not new to ATS (I joined in March but lurked for a long time before then, and have only posted once since I've joined).

Anyway, I've read all 40 pages of the thread and figured I'd add my 2 cents.

1. My grandfather's house had a very distinct smell. It wasn't a bad smell or anything, it just had a smell I associated with him and could recognize it anywhere. Years after he died in 1998 I smelled that smell on two separate occasions and two different locations. Once when I was leaving school and another time when I was home alone. Both times I had been standing in a doorway. Maybe he was making his presence known and telling me that he was watching over me?

2. I go to school at the U of Louisiana at Lafayette and a couple of the dorms are haunted. One of them in particular is said to be haunted by a girl who was decapitated by an elevator in the dorm back in the 30s. Supposedly she helps people find things they lose by putting them in an obvious location. Anyway, I lived in the dorm for a year (not the one the elevator ghost lived in) and was cleaning my room before I went to class one morning. I was picking up clothes off the floor, and remembered leaving a pair of socks there the night before. I could only find one of the socks, despite distinctly remembering that there had been two there when I went to bed that night. I looked all over for the missing sock, under the bed, in between the sheets on the bed, under furniture, etc. I finally gave up looking for it and went to class. Now here's the weird part: when I came back from class...the sock was on my bed! I know for a fact it hadn't been there when I went to class as I had looked all over the bed for it. But there it was, right on top of my comforter like it had been there the whole time. I don't know what to chalk it up to, but maybe it was the elevator ghost?

Thanks for a great read, guys!

[edit on 22-7-2010 by simkelxo]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't expect anyone to believe me, but here goes. I probably wouldn't.

Over a decade ago I was staying with a friend, and while she was working I would babysit her boy who was around eleven. It was after midnight, the boy was asleep, and I was reading a book. As I was reading, I saw movement in front of me, where the entertainment system (ES) was. There was also a shallow tray on the ground in front of the ES for their pet box turtle that had water and food on it. Next to the tray was an iron candle holder with a tripod base, the legs being these iron spirals... heavy, short, and squat. Attatched to the top of it was one of those reptile lights for the turtle. The cord for the light ran down the base of the candleholder and was wrapped around one of the spiral tripod legs.

As the movement caught my eye, I looked up and noticed the cord slowly being pulled from behind the ES, until it was taunt and slightly raised an inch or so off the floor. As it got tight, the candleholder fell over and the light clattered in the tray and the cord went limp.

I didn't think anything about it at all, because I assumed the turtle was behind the ES and had gotten entangled. So I got up, went to the ES and looked behind it.... and there was nothing there. Turtles don't move too fast, so I figured it was around there, but when I found the turtle he was behind the couch I had been reading on, asleep. If you have ever seen a box turtle sleeping, well, they look like they're dead... their arms and legs and head are sprawled out, and even their toungues will be hanging out. But this stunned me. There was simply no way the turtle could have gotten across the floor from the ES and behind the couch without me seeing it in that short of time. The turtle was obviously asleep. They had no other animals (other than mice, but this was in the country). I checked on the boy and he was in his room asleep.

I was a bit stunned, but I still believed there was some rational explanation. They had never said anything about 'ghostly' phenomena happening there before. I went to the light and tried to replicate what happened and I couldn't. No matter how I pulled the cord, it would only drag the heavy candleholder across the floor. It never came close to tipping over. It was not top heavy. The reptile light weighed nothing and the hood was light aluminum. I tried kicking it lightly, but this thing was like cast iron; you would have to use real force to knock it over. It was around then that I got a chill and wondered 'what is here?', but I sensed nothing and nothing else happened. Oddly, the candleholder had tipped over in the opposite direction that it was being pulled, into the tray. It just didn't make sense.

For days I tried to find a reasonable explanation and couldn't. Even if it had been the turtle, there was no way it could have pulled this thing over. Even now, it bugs me and I'm still searching for a rational answer, and it's entirely possible I missed something, but I have no idea what it could have been. It wasn't the boy or the turtle or mice, I know that much. To this day I can still see that cord slowly being pulled until it was taunt, and the candleholder just falling over. None of the motions were violent. You could believe the turtle was pulling it and that's what happened, but the turtle was nowhere near the area. So what pulled it?

Just thought I'd share that with you. Not so dramatic as a full-bodied apparition, but spooky and strange nevertheless. Nothing else ever happened there that I was aware of. I know what you're thinking... there has to be an explanation other than 'ghosts' or whatever, and it's hard for me not to agree with that.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I understand if you do not believe me, but here goes.

I was awakened at around three o'clock by my brother who led me down the stairs and outside to a stone right by the oldest tree in our backyard where he just pointed at the stone and then vanished.

It is now his tombstone at our local cemetery 300m from our home.

The weirdest thing I ever experienced, I do not believe in god or ghosts, but I fail to have any other explanation than my subconsciousness playing with me in a very emotionally stressful time.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Funny, I didn't read your post before I posted, but they start almost the same... That was weird

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

hahaha, and I had just posted in the sync thead too when I rechecked this one.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

perhaps this was the thing you saw

boston dynamics big dog

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

this is totally off topic but if thats you in your avatar you are sooo hot...just sayin

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join