It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I wanted to start this thread to hear about other users strange experiences. I've experienced a few very wierd things in my life, that still escape explanation. For example, when I was 7 years old I was less than 10 feet away from a lightning strike. I remember the blinding flash of white but don't recall any noise at all.

Then there was the time just a few years ago, when I saw a UFO. Perfectly round, silver and silent. I first thought it was maybe a weather balloon and watched it for a couple minutes, until it slowly moved straight up into a cloud. It was then I realised it was actually MUCH further away than I first thought. No way it was a weather balloon. It would have had to have been huge.

But this is mild compared to a couple other strange things I (and/or my parents), remember.

When I was 3, we lived in a tiny community in Saskatchewan. One road passed through it, atop a pretty steep hill. You couldn't even see the 'town' until you crested the hill and were suddenly in it. Maybe 10-15 people lived there, all in trailers. There wasn't even a store. We were there for my fathers work in the oil industry. The road was paved and I liked to ride this little 4 wheeled plastic elephant on it, right in front of the trailer we were living in.

One day, my parents heard the loud screaming sound of a gravel truck locking up its brakes right in front of the trailer. Right away, they knew it had to do with me. They came running out of the house and saw my elephant destroyed by the truck. They were both relieved to see me standing at the side of the road looking on, stunned. My mom sais my face was completely blank and I was standing perfectly still, oblivious to her calling to me.

The trucker climbed out of his truck and came running over. He asked me if I was okay and where my friend went. My parents were confused by this, as there were no other little kids around in the town, at all. I told the trucker that he went home. My mom asked me, "Who went home?" I told her my friend did. She doubted this but the trucker insisted that he saw me and another little boy running off the road just as he crested the hill and destroyed my elephant.

When the trucker left, my mom asked me about my friend. I didn't know his name, I said I'd never seen him before (and never since). I told my mom he was just there and asked me if I wanted to play. I told him okay and he said, "Then lets play tag", and he tagged me and said, "You're it!". Then I chased him off the road, just as the truck crested the hill and then he was gone.

One more quick one I'd like to mention. (Quick because I don't remember it at all. My mom tells it on rare occasion)

The next year we were living in Medicine Hat, Alberta. My mom and I were traveling back from seeing my dad, just a little ways out of town. We stopped by this lake to stretch our legs. As we looked over the water, she sais I started to cry. Not out loud but silently, as tears rolled down my cheeks. She asked me why I was crying and I told her, "This is where I died." She asked me what I meant and I told her "The fireman tried to save me but he couldn't".

She said she was overcome by an extreme feeling of sadness and then an eerie feeling of fear. She buckled me back into the car and we left and never went back.

I don't know if these things are anything of interest to anyone but hopefully they provide an enertaining read if nothing else and provoke other members to write any strange stories they may have.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ouch. One hour and 70+ views but no replies. I know we've all got strange stories of things that have happened to us. I'll offer another one to see if there's any interest at all.

Two years ago, shortly after my 30th birthday, I was with a buddy and his girlfriend at a pub. We got to talking about our sexual exploits over the years. He told me how lucky I was to still be single. To be able to "Come and go as I please" and have nobody to answer to. I told him that I was feeling like those years were behind me and I now felt like settling down, getting married and falling into that routine.

He nearly fell out of his chair. This is exactly the opposite attitude I'd always had on the subject of marriage. He kind of made fun of me about it for the rest of the night. I guess he just couldn't understand such a complete and sudden change of heart on the matter from me. I'd simply never expressed that desire to anyone before.

The very next day, I met the woman who would become my wife. We have the exact same birthday, too. (Though different year). We were engaged 5 months after meeting and actually wed exactly a month ago, yesterday.

[edit on 6/18/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Strange experiences are all over this web site. Just search stuff out. Do a lot of reading.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

one day i went picking magic mushrooms, i took about 900 and thought i ate an out of date turkey and were turning into rubber, it was quite awsome

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
i was spending the whole day drafting fantasy football players in my office, of course no one knows this. then i saw my boss' name as one of the drafters. what are the chances? it's a freakin open free league!
my worst draft yet.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Floating skull on fire, kinda like the screamers in DOOM.

I'm not kidding, but at the very least it might have been a hallucination (caused by an unknown agent).

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
My ex GF could see a spirit of her grandfather floating around the house.

One day at my request it helped me project my soul from me to convince her that I loved her (which I did)..... very very surreal experience...I will never forget how my jaw felt.

No drugs were involved.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I really can't say for certain because I've forgotten so many. I guess I would say at this point was similar to out of body or a highly advanced psychic remote viewing connection into some type of collective matrix or super computer. (oh boy...one of those)

I saw into the future of news programs and then actually being there as these people or as some type of spiritual energy form. Much of this initiated in a major visionary event around June 21st 1991. I'm not exactly sure on the date.

But, mostly, I guess, was related to what I was experiencing in the future and watching on television. Documentaries of history etc. I would then witness these events including pain and deaths and out of body as these people and then some that were then ghosts.

I guess from recall, it's as if I was shown the future and asked a question as to why I chose to do or not to do something. Then these visitors made me forget most of these things.

I now recall I had went on vacation around 91 and visited the area I now live telling my wife and kids where I would be living in the future. Now I live there, but, had long forgotten most of this shortly after or around that year back in 91.

It was around 9/11/01 that some of these memories started to come back. Many of childhood traumas including court cases for false accusations and most likely false memories or paranoid delusions.

It's been about 17 years and I've now been on or collecting disability since 2003. Schizophrenic? Delusional? probably. But, like most people, there's got to be something more than that lame clinical excuse. I'm fairly certain my imagination isn't that good, so, these had to come from somewhere else.

I've been told I'll be remembered long after my father is gone. But, I have to wonder, just what father they're actually referring to.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Objects levitating.....One of the best!

And a completely impossible boat switch in the middle of a rafting trip....

I switched with my friends boat when we entered the water at different times, and never getting out of the water until noticing we had each others boat! Quite strange, to this day still freaks me out. I was like "You have my boat"

I just got my boat that day, brand new, entered the water, then met up with my friend, who had his own boat, identical to mine except for a piece of duct tape.

About an hour into the trip, we noticed we impossibly switched boats. I had the duct tape one, he had the brand new one.......IMPOSSIBLE!

I even saw him get into the water with the duct tape on it.....FREAKY!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by beastamerica
i was spending the whole day drafting fantasy football players in my office, of course no one knows this. then i saw my boss' name as one of the drafters. what are the chances? it's a freakin open free league!
my worst draft yet.

That's hilarious! So was he doing the same thing at the same time? And if so, were you using your real name? I guess he couldn't really bust you on it anyways though.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
I just got my boat that day, brand new, entered the water, then met up with my friend, who had his own boat, identical to mine except for a piece of duct tape.

About an hour into the trip, we noticed we impossibly switched boats. I had the duct tape one, he had the brand new one.......IMPOSSIBLE!

I even saw him get into the water with the duct tape on it.....FREAKY!

This is exactly the sort of story I wanted to read. Thank you very much for replying and taking a moment to write this. Obviously, my first question had to be, is there any chance at all you and your friend hauled each others boats out and neither noticed until on the water? But you said yours was new and you entered the water at different times. So I don't know. Very cool stuff. Thanks again for sharing.

[edit on 6/18/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
some "magic" ingestibles, and these two which top my scariest list as well...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-10-2008 by asala]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Great links! Thanks Jack. Those two stories are very intriguing, not to mention very well written. The shadow being, if I may call it that, as it was refered to in its orgional post, was creepy as hell in my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Cool stories Static. Though I am surprised you never tried to research the drowning at the lake story. If you did drown there, and firefighters were involved there should be a record of it.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
When I was younger my wife and I were arguing. I had opened a beer and set it on the table. At one point I told her I wished she were smart enough to understand what I was trying to say. She picked up the beer and threw it at me. I simply put up my hand and caught it without spilling a single drop. That was strange and it ended the argument.

I once stood at a counter in a store to pay for my purchase and pulled the change out of my pocket. Besides the bills I owed like 23 cents. I took five nickels and put them together in my fingers. I then spaced them out evenly, standing on their edge and not one fell over or rolled away. Five perfectly spaced nickels standing on edge. The lady behind the counter said I couldn't do that again if my life depended on it. She was right. I've tried and have never been able to do it again.

I've seen a Bigfoot.

I dreamed about the space shuttle being destroyed the night before it happened.

But the strangest, the strangest thing that has happened to me, was dating a girl with multiple personalities. That seriously was messy.

wupy

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Hi Sonya. Like I said, I have no recollection of the lake story. I just see my mom get a little uneasy every (rare) time she tells that story. I believe it really happened but can't recall it myself.

As for researching it, I wouldn't even kow where to start. I know it was near Medicine Hat, Alberta (Where my brother was born just before we moved again AND where my wife and I wed a month ago), so it must have happened in 1980, give or take 1 year. And I was born in 1976, so newspaper clippings would have to be from before then, on any such drowning. Do they have very good e-data entry now, from that period?

I'm going to look into it a bit since you mentioned it. I don't know why I haven't tried before but it never really occured to me to do so. Anyways, glad you liked the stories and thanks for your input.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Columbia or Challenger?

During the Columbia launch I was so overcome with such a sense of dread that I watched the whole thing, making me late for work. I tried to explain to my boss that I just really had a bad feeling that something bad was going to happen, like the Challenger disaster.

She didn't give two-poops and basically told me as much. Imagine her surprise, and mine, when they said that the shuttle was "doomed" from liftoff.

She transferred me not long after that.

[edit on 6/18/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well if it is in a small town (or if the town was small prior to the 70's) it shouldn't be that hard to find the incident. I doubt if the records are online though. Contact the local fire department and ask them if they have ideas about finding incidents during that time.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Hi Wupy. (unrelated)- I read a little from/about you earler today. I was trying to find out how to do the whole Avatar thing. As I recall, some very talented artists were offering thier creations for your avatar. Some of them were pretty good. Anyways....

As for catching the beer, and the 5 nickles, that's pretty amazing. Sadly, I'm a smoker. But maybe once every 2 or 3 years, I'll flick a 'but' and it will land on it's filter standing upright 5-10 feet away. The odds on that happening are astoundingly slim. I think I've seen it 3 times in all.

About the space shuttle, that's something else. I occasionally have these overwhelming feelings that something bad is going to happen and within a day or two, something really bad does, to myself or a loved one. But I've never had anything so specific in a dream or anything. Just a "different" overwhelmingly ominous, general feeling. Then I wait for "something" to happen.

As for the bigfoot, please take a moment to elaborate. How are you going to tell me you had a bigfoot sighting and just leave it at that!?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by mrwupy

Columbia or Challenger?

I dreamed I was on board the space shuttle as it was coming home to land and I knew it was going to crash. I was helping the astronauts off and getting them into parachutes and sending them out the door. I jumped last and watched it fly away knowing it this shouldn't be happening but it was. I floated to the ground in a parachute.

The next morning I got up and had some coffee and started reading the newspaper when a news flash came on that the shuttle had burned up reintering the atmosphere.

I didn't even know a shuttle was up at the time. I honestly believed for awhile there would be survivors. I had helped them get off it in time.

It was just a dream though. A strange dream.

I'm not psychic at all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join