It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Well if it is in a small town (or if the town was small prior to the 70's) it shouldn't be that hard to find the incident. I doubt if the records are online though. Contact the local fire department and ask them if they have ideas about finding incidents during that time.

Hi Sonya. The elephant story happened in a really small town called Salt Lake, Saskatchewan. Not even sure if anything is still there. It was as much an oil-workers camp as a town. The lake story was outside Medicine Hat, Alberta. There are about 50,000 people there now. Not sure about then. I'll certainly post anything I can find. Please feel free to "scoop me" on the research though, if your skills are better than mine in that area.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Static Sky

As for the bigfoot, please take a moment to elaborate. How are you going to tell me you had a bigfoot sighting and just leave it at that!?

I've posted many times on this site about the night I ran into Bigfoot. I've even made a podcast about it. I'll give you the short version because it's way past my bedtime.

I was driving home from Jonesboro, Arkansas and was in the Ozark national Forest. I was the only car on the highway so I had my headlights on bright. I saw what I thought was a tree beside the road ahead but that tree turned around and walked back into the forest. It was a Bigfoot. It passed into the woods just as it was going out of my headlights and I pushed the gas pedal to the floor and didn't slow down till I was in the lights of the next town. The experience scared the crap out of me.

I don't care if anyone believes me. I was alone, I can't prove it. I just know it was real. I saw a Bigfoot with my own eyes. It was not someone in a costume. They are real.

Thats my story and I'll swear by it.

wupy

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

...this shouldn't be happening but it was.

I can't believe you just said that. I left out about when I turned on the TV the day of the disaster. I had just gotten out of bed and turned on the TV. The anchorwoman was saying, quietly, slowly, with lots of silence in between like, "...we're seeing images of the shuttle Columbia... sections of it re-entering the atmosphere."

I said to myself, innocently, "It's not supposed to do that..." and suddenly the shock hit me. The horror of what I was actually looking at.

[edit on 6/18/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I wouldn't presume to say say I don't believe you and I'd love to read that full story. Maybe tomorrow, if you get a moment, could you link us to it please? In the meantime, I'll search for it on my own. Cheers.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Ok, I'll bite.

Incident 1:
It was night, I driving through the mountains in Colorado with my grandmother and grandfather. There were a couple of harsh curves, and I was driving slowly because of that. Luckily. Since 'something' stepped out into the road.

My first impression was, that it was a yak. It had very long hair, that sort of bounced/flowed as it walked. It was gone very quickly and yet, it seemed to walk really slowly across the road.

I looked at my grandmother and she at me, and I sputtered, not surprisingly, "What was that?" She told me to just get driving again, as if she wanted to get away from there.

Incident 2:
I came home one night; later than I should, my parents were already in bed. I went to enter the house and suddenly noticed as I got ready to open the door, that someone was standing off to the side of the house, looking at me. All I could see was a white shirt and a face.

You know when they talk about the hair standing on the back of your neck? That happened. The hair on my arms did too. I went to hurry inside and the door was locked. I started banging on the door, hard, yelling for my mother. She showed up at the door and let me in and as I started to tell her that there was a man outside and the door was locked, she informed me that the door wasn't locked at all.

Incident 3:
I spoke of this once before. You hear about LOST time all the time. Well, I GAINED time.

I got home from work, and saw the time and thought that either it was a time change, or my roommate was playing a joke on me. But I called for the correct time on the phone, and it was correct.

There's no way I could have been home that early.

I spoke to my boss the next day, and co-workers, wondering if it was a joke on their part, or if the clock at work had been set ahead, but everyone got home at the right time.

Incident 4:
I was in the shower, just a year ago, early one morning for work. I went to put the shampoo back on the little shelf in the shower, and it wouldn't go.

Let me repeat this, so you get how strange this was. It would not go.

Ever tried to push two magnets together? It was as if something was in the empty space where I wanted the bottle to go. I pushed HARD and it resisted. But eventually I got it to slip to one side a little and set on the shelf.

And it slid back out to the edge of the shelf.

I freaked out.

These other things that happened to me, there are unlikely, but possible explanations. There really was a man instead of a ghost, it was just a molting deer, and, there was some mixup setting the clocks.

But this? This was not, as someone suggested to me at the time, soap bubbles resisting. I will clarify, I pushed so hard my arm strained. This was NOT slippery soap on the shelf that moved the bottle. It was level and dry.

This, I have no explanation for.

I'm not ashamed to say that I showered with the door open for many months after, and only when my husband was home.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
When I was seventeen I meditated very deeply on being in a field of wheat and watching the wind blow the stalks gently in the breeze.

Only then I actually did feel the wind on my skin and an energy in my room - it freaked me out so profoundly that I have never seriously meditated since then. Just lightly.

I know, I'm a goober.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Hi Jadette. I'll assume you know what a deer looks like. I'll also take for granted your grandmother does too. When they molt, they look the same, just shagier. The stranger- I too have seen similar things to this. Hope you'll agree.

I was 14 or 15. In a community in Calgary where we'd lived for about 5 years. I recognised pretty much everyone from about a 3 or 4 block radius. Anyways, this one day, I was walking over to my best friends house and I saw this lady, about 60 years old or so. I never saw her before, but it looked like he'd seen me.

She was driving by and then she looked at me as I was looking at her, and she suddenly stopped and pulled into the nearest driveway. She sat there watching me in the rearview mirror and over her shoulder, out the side window. It kind of freaked me out, so I stopped and stared for a moment before carrying on.

Half a block down the road, I noticed her car coming my way again. She passed me and went off into the distance. When I got a few blocks down, to where I had to turn, she was there, in her car, waiting. I got the creaps. I don't know why I didn't bend down and talk to her thriugh the passenger window but I didn't. I just walked faster passed the car.

Another half a block up, nearly at my friends place, I turned and saw the same car coming my way again. This time slower. I got pretty unnerved and doubled my pace into a bit of a jog the last few houses and up my friends steps. I banged on the door pretty hard and he answered pretty quick. I was starting to tell him what happened and turned to reference the car but it wasn't there anymore.

I don't chalk this up to paranormal, but it freaked me out none the less.

[edit on 6/18/2008 by Static Sky]

[edit on 6/18/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I don't know what to say about this, "Kosmicjack". Meditation? It sounds like you got it right!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Hi everyone. This is my first time ever posting here. I've been reading this forum pretty much every day for ages, and this intriguing thread topic has finally gotten me to post something. Actually I've had quite a few "strange" experiences my whole life ( if you knew me you would just sigh....), so here's a couple that I'd like to share first. Has anyone else had something similar happen?

1. When I was 14 I went on a cross-country camping trip with my parents. This happened back in the 70s, so some of the specifics have faded on me, although the incident is something I've talked about with my parents several times. We were way out in the middle of nowhere in what I THINK was Nevada. The long, hot day was getting late so my dad decided to pull off the highway with our little blue 14 foot trailer so we could find a place to stop for the night. We spotted one of those nice KOA style campgrounds that we frequently stayed in, and began to look for a spot. This was always one of my favorite parts of the "routine" where we drove around and around all the little winding roads and inlets, watching all the other campers with their colorful tents, while my dad looked for just the right place to back the trailer in. The sun was just getting ready to go down, and the pickings were unusually slim. We almost thought we were going to have to give up and get back on the highway, when finally we found a small spot way in the back of the campsite. I was the first one to jump out of the car for a much-needed leg stretch. It had just gotten done raining pretty hard, and the wind was still blowing things around pretty good in fits and starts. This is one of those details that makes what happened next is specially strange. So, finally we had found a place to park the camper after driving halfway across the country, I get out and walk directly across to one of the squat wooden posts that lined the lot, and SITTING RIGHT THERE as though it were waiting for us, was an official looking white envelope. Keep in mind it had just been raining, and the wind had been blowing pretty hard. This envelope was just sitting there out in the open, intact and looking like new. I opened it up and inside there turned out to be a pay stub from somebody's company check. It was addressed to my sister! First name and last name - exactly the same. To make things even weirder, OK, it had our same street address on it, except the city and state were different. Of course this had nothing to do with my sister, and the company was something we had never heard of. When I showed it to my parents they just stared at it in silent amazement. My dad kept asking me if this was some trick I was pulling, and if I had put it there, because after all wouldn't the envelope have blown away or be soaked from the rain? We kept that mysterious pay stub in the trailer for years. One thing I can never figure out is why none of us ever thought to look up the business, or the girl with my sister's name and street address. Shouldn't it have been our first impulse to try and contact her? The trailer and the envelope are long gone now to memory, but every once in awhile we still talk about that one.

2. The bloody leg. About 10 years ago at a company I worked for, a new person had just started. He worked in a different department at the end of the hall, and his duties kept him walking back and forth past my desk pretty often. OK, this is one of those weird things that always seem to happen to me when I am completely not expecting it. I was on a business call, and just happened to look behind me when Hal came walking past. He was wearing nice gray business slacks, and was walking fast looking straight ahead. On the inside of his thigh was a great big hole ripped in his pants and blood was streaming down his leg. There was quite a bit of it, as it was shiny wet, and you could see the material sticking to his leg where all the blood was. I figured he was on the way to the bathroom to clean it up. I would have said something, but I was busy speaking with a customer. In a few minutes later he came walking back from the opposite direction, wearing apparently the same gray pants, only there was no hole ripped in the leg, and the pants were clean and dry, without a stain! Later on I ran into Hal in the mail room, and asked him about the incident and how he had managed to clean it up and get new pants so fast. I didn't really know him, and his eyes got really big and he just stared at me for a few seconds, then said he didn't know what I was talking about and walked away from me really quickly. A few months later when I got to know Hal a little better, a group of us were in one of those goofy work conversations talking about accidents we had gotten into as kids doing dumb things. He suddenly confided to me that he was a Christian and didn't like "supernatural" events, which was why he didn't say anything when I asked him about his bloody leg. So it turns out his story was that when he was a kid, he was riding his bike, flipped over the handlebars and ripped a great big hunk out of his leg exactly where I had pointed it out. He said it had bled like crazy, and he still had the scar there. Go figure. This is only the tip of the iceberg of the "VERY BIZARRE EXPERIANCES"(trademark) ;0 that have followed me off and on through my entire life. Of course I am getting way too wordy here, so perhaps they will be for another time and place. Thanks a lot for reading this. Please tell me if any of these events sound familiar to you.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

I welcome reading posts like yours, and I admire your courage for posting it. My only comment is that so so many people have weird experiences, and so very few of them share them with others. I have accumulated over 25 years worth of such tales from people, and over 90% of them would only have told one or two trusted friends or relatives.

I haven't read past your first post, so forgive me if the link below has already been referenced. It is a interesting resource where lots of people have posted their own weird experiences.

paranormal.about.com...

enjoy

Duncan

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I guess I should fess up on at least one of my own weird experiences:

I was living on a spiritual community, near Bellingen, NSW around 1978. I was 17, never done drugs, was meditating and doing yoga ever day, and was a pretty far out new ager who believed the world could be changed via love and positivity.

Our community was invited to a local full-moon party, further up the valley, in Darkwood. I went along with some of the adults, and arrived around 8pm.

The turn-off into the valley where the actual party was being held, was under a huge big old fig tree (an Aussie fig tree that is, they grow really big and get really old, and contain incredible eco-systems within their trunks and roots and canopy). As I stood around mingling, and discussing how cosmic the world was etc - I glanced back at the entrance area to see who had just arrived, and to see whether I would hang back and chat to them also.

It was then that I noticed the fig-tree. The whole tree, was bathed in the light of the full moon, and it formed a perfect head and face. And I mean perfect. The big waxy leaves were either reflecting light, or were in shade, and the whole tree was an exact full blood aboriginal head - not a single detail out of place. I pointed it out to several others who were equally impressed. We watched it maintain that shape and position for a minute or two, and then a gust of wind rearranged everything.

My life was so different back then, and things I now call 'strange' or 'bizarre coincidences' occurred every few days. Back then though, they were all normal things to expect to happen in my (till then) sheltered life. At the time, I actually didn't think that tree/head was all that amazing - just beautiful. But now I look back in wonder at this and the other experiences.

Truly the world is far more mysterious than the thought police would have us believe.

Duncan

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

There are many things that have happened to me and I think they are strange. Most of them had to do with my sleep and experiencing things.

One of my earliest memories is myself sleeping in the cradle and opening my eyes to see a girl standing on the upper foot of the cradle. I don't know what it was, but it seemed quite real.

Some years ago I was again on my bed trying to sleep when I heard an otherworldly mourn coming from the balcony. Then wind blew raising the curtains and I felt a presence in my room going around my bedroom. A bit later I sensed the presence leaving my bedroom to search the rest of the house, but after some time have passed and I was calm again, suddenly I felt someone touching my feet and then wind blew again raising the curtains.

Another experience I had, had to do with a dream I had, followed by myself seeing my deceased cousin. I had a strange dream which I still remember and at the end of it I was lying on my bed with my grand mother sitting by my side when we both heard as if someone was typing on the keyboard. When I heard that sound I felt a rush of energy surrounding and it felt as if something was entering my body or my spirit body was coming to the surface of my material body. Then I opened my eyes and I saw the spirit of my cousing smiling at me and showing me with his hand my computer. I tried to speak to him, but I couldn't. After that I closed my eyes and felt again that energy, but this time following the opposite direction and then I opened my eyes and noticed that my mouth was wide open. I was intrigued by what my cousin showed to me so I turned on my computer and when windows loaded I noticed that the .txt files had a different icon I'd never seen before...

Just a few of the strange experiences I had...

Alexandros

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Alexander1111]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
few times when i left my PC for a min and came back i found other opened windows, like someone just used it. then i was alone at home, no background processes were running that could do this trick. im programmer so i know my PC very very good, i know how i leave it, i know how it works etc... i couldnt find any logical explanation for this weird 'usage' of my PC.

also one time i was lucid dreaming. when i realized that i was dreaming i tried to completely take over my dream, yanno, all feelings, everything, complete control. as i tried to do it view started to flicker and i woke up like i was shocked with electricity. that was so interesting

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
I came home one night; later than I should, my parents were already in bed. I went to enter the house and suddenly noticed as I got ready to open the door, that someone was standing off to the side of the house, looking at me. All I could see was a white shirt and a face.

Oh great, that is just the type of story that will start popping into my head everytime I am coming home to a dark house. That and those black eyed kid stories.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I use to have funny turns where time would actually speed up. It was very strange....I was sat in maths class once and I had a funny turn, the teacher was writing on the blackboard but at an incredible speed....Even listing to people on the radio was odd as they were talking at a high rate of speed.

I ended up going for a EEG but they didn't find anything thankfully. I've not had one in a few years and I kinda miss them.

I had another strange experience at Glastonbury festival last year where I (thought) I travelled to three different dimensions then to top it off I thought I had died, very scary experience.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Hey, don't feel bad. To this day, when I talk about, the hair on my arms still raises, I still get spooked.

After I told my mother about it, and she related that the door had not been locked, she told me about how, she and my father were out changing the wheel lines in the field(sprinklers) and she was alone in the pickup while my father was moving one of the lines. A man ran by the headlights of the pickup.

Now, this was about 4 am, and we live a few miles out of town and this was in the middle of a 60 acre field. Chances are pretty slim that there was someone else out there.

But he was wearing a white shirt, just like the man I saw.

A few years later, one night, I sent my brother out to the barn, to get some hamburger from the freezer that we kept out there. He was about 7 at the time. He came running back in, without the hamburger and told me that he got scared because he saw "a little man in a white shirt" crouched down by the pickup truck.

Needless to say, that night, we ate mac and cheese.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by warza

Hi Warza. Thanks for posting these. Your first post, huh? Guess that makes me special. I really enjoyed the envelope story. What are the odds of something like that happening?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

Hi nexus. Thanks for posting your story. I guess it's one of those things where people say that nature will talk to you, if you just listen. Thanks also for the link. Looks like a lot of good stuff in there. Cheers.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hmm, a few for me:

One was a very heavy experience during sleep paralysis where I saw a very dark entity in my room, it felt very negative, draining me and taunting me and it seemed it sort of created the darkness in my room even darker.... I also heard some pretty horrible sounds coming from everywhere and also a conversation that seemed to be coming from far away and was slightly indiscipherable and muffled.
Also strange blue lights shining in my face and the image of my housemate taunting me, yet he denied all knowledge of 'shining a blue torch in my face at daft o'clock in the morning'...
But this experience could be put down to hallucinations crossed between night terrors...

Also saw a trange object high up in the sky, all bright like a star but moving wierdly, slowing down and then turning in a slightly different direction before flying off at an awkward angle... this was seen by both me and a friend.

I had a very 'real' dream once where I was walking across a beach (hot sand, breeze, the feel of the rocks on my feet, the moisture, sounds of people playing in the sand... so real)... but then drips of water started dropping heavily to the ground, I turned to stare at the horizon and there it was... a HUGE wall of grey water, the sky had turned dark and a distant roaring sound became louder....
Then in my dream, everbody but me ran away from the wave terrified.. but i thought sod it, I'm gonna die, no point running... and as the water got closer I awoke.
Three weeks later the tsunami hit on boxing day and thousands were killed and hundreds of thousands left injured, homeless and suffering.
That freaked me out.

Another time, It was whilst under the influence of some mushrooms ... I experienced a very, very distant feeling from myself (as though I was sat next to myself), listening to 'me' talk to my girlfriend about the elements... and I said something like... 'watch this, get ready for the wind' and sure enough the strongest gust of the day blew across us, blowing our hair into each others faces and she had to hold onto her hat...

The look on her face was something else and I felt pretty amazed at how i knew a very strong wind was about to come...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Hi mr-lizard. I like the tsunami story. I've had dreams similar to that. Not tsunamis specifically, but vivid dreams about things that didn't really make sense until a week or two later, when something significant happens, everything sort of falls into place and gives the dream a new, relevant feeling. Strange stuff. Thanks for sharing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join