It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I've had a few strange experiences in my life... but last night I think I may have experienced one of the strangest yet...

I was laying in bed around 2AM and getting ready to turn off the light. I've been thinking a bit about my dead father and all of the related family turmoil.

I was pretty tense already, when my cell phone suddenly rang. I jumped like I had seen a ghost. I looked at the phone, and my father's cell phone number was on the caller ID. I freaked out and did not answer the phone. The number called twice again a minute later. I had goosebumps, and could not bring myself to answer the phone.

My grandmother paid for my dad's cell phone, and she may have given the number out to somebody else in my family. That's the only possible explanation I can think of for this number to call. (However - I have nothing to do with that part of my family, and none of them have tried to call in years. Especially at 2AM.)

I can't explain it, but I may throw my phone at the wall if that number calls again.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The weirdest thing for me was 2 hours passing in what seemed like a few minutes. As for your story: Weird. Keep us updated

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Why in heaven's name would anyone want to kill you for saying LIFE? It's the most awe inspiring, Crazy, wonderful, agonizing, beautiful, mysterious, bizarre, and strangest thing there is. So IMO good answer!

[edit on 18-10-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have had a few unusual happenings before.
One time me, my bro, and my uncle were playin football. I ran at him with my elbow out and hit him in the nose and he started bleeding. It was an accident but I was still feeling guilty. So me and my uncle are standing there facing my bro on the ground. Now i swear all the grass was fresh and cut no brown spots or anything. I am looking at my bro and i see someone or something beside me, like a tall dark figure, and I saw something move toward me and I yelped and beside where I was standing there was a brown spot in the grass.
Another one was when I went ghost hunting in St augustine. The whole trip i have seen and experienced things I have never and probably never will experience again. We were doing a tour of the fort there, dont recall the name, and when I was least expecting it, it happened. I was looking over one of these walls and it was a little chilly outside, I felt the coldest sensation I have ever felt on my shoulder. I dont know why but i jumped back and was expecting to bump into someone but amazingly there was nothing.
I wouldnt say this was a strange experience but also in st augustine we went into this hospital wheni went into this really creepy room, idk but me and some of my family members felt real sick and uneasy. Cant explain it.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
First of all I have to say that I really enjoy this thread, thanks for posting!

One of the most strange events in my life took place about six years ago, when I was at a students' summer camp with my boyfriend. We were staying at a very small town by a river. One evening we were walking back to the place we were staying at, it was getting late and the streets were completely empty, but anyway my boyfriend decided to stop on the bridge to take some pics of the town lights reflected in the river. He started experimenting with different settings in his camera and I was just standing there waiting. Suddenly, I became aware of someone else's presence. There was a woman standing right next to me (I didn't notice her approaching). I took a look at her - both her clothes and skin were yellowish, what made her look quite strange. She was wearing an elegant suit and her hair were neatly coiffed, but the yellowish colour and sunken cheeks and eyes made her look rather sick and sad. She didn't have any handbag or anything. My first thought was that there was a party taking place nearby and she just went out for a gulp of fresh air, but the entire town was silent and the lights were off.
My boyfriend didn't notice her at first. She approached me and asked who we were, in a low and hoarse voice. I told her that we were students and I poked my boyfriend because I really wanted to go, but he was so absorbed with taking pics that he didn't react, just as if he was in a trance of some sort.
'You'd better have as much fun as you can... As long as you can', the woman answered. It sounded rather like a piece of advice, not as if she was threatening us or anything, but anyway I started feeling uneasy. I told her we had to go and just grabbed my boyfriend's arm and we started walking towards the other side of the river. I took a look over my shoulder several times and noticed her following us. By that time we were both feeling rather uneasy so we started walking faster. There was no logical reason to be afraid, but there was something about that woman that gave me goosebumps. When we reached the other side of the river, we looked back oncce more and she was nowhere to be found. She had no time to walk back to the other side and there was no place she could hide herself at. She literally vanished into thin air in the middle of a bridge.
We really wanted to go home and almost run to the place we were staying at, just to find out the at the gate has already been closed
We had to call the caretaker and make him open the gate, of course it took him ages.

Thanks for reading this and sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
When I was a child, me and some others had an extra class at the local highschool. The teacher was having trouble unlocking the door and we were all standing out side the classroom waiting. I looked down the hall and saw a man wearing a black robe and a crown on his head. Our gaze was locked until I couldn't take it anymore, I had to ask someone else if they could see what I was seeing as I felt so weird about the whole thing but as soon as I did and turned my head away he was gone when I looked back. No one else saw anything. I rationalize that one to being someone else there that was dressed up for a school play but deep down I don't think so.

My first ufo sighting over Toronto area. I saw five red lights in a row move across the sky. Too fast and smooth to be written off as plane or other.

One morning back in 1999 I decided to try ecstasty during the day to see what a trip would be like during daylight. I went for a walk and looked up at the sky and saw the devils head in a cloud formation. He was looking at me and smiling almost laughing at me for being drugged up. I wrote that off to being a really bad trip on drugs but...

7 years later, drug and alcohol free for over 3 years now - I am driving to the grocery store when I can see through my windshield, in the sky another cloud formation. This one of a tyranossaurus rex in perfect detail. It didn't just sorta look like one, it was very detailed and obvious. This was over southern ontario.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I had experience that has haunted me for over 10 years.

I was working in a three story building in '97 and our operation was in the basement of the building. I called the elevator to the basement and when the door opened I stepped into the car. The best way to describe this is as follows; have you ever gotten into an elevator and when the door is closing someone rushes and hits the button and the door opens to admit the late comer?

I pushed the button for the 1st floor, the door closed and immediately opened as if there was someone hit the button and the door opened immediately and I was looking at the offices on the 3rd floor. It's as if the door barely closed. I just stood an stared and was really shook up. I pressed the button for the basement. My son was working for me at the time and when the car got to the basement and the door opened he was waiting for the car. When the door opened he started to get in and saw me and said "dad, what's wrong, are you okay, you're as pale as can be". I tried to explain but it came out sounding doofy.

I have been searching for an answer since the incident since but have had no luck. I have never belonged to any internet organization and I joined ATS because it's members, for the most part, appear to be rational and care to find out truths about any subject.

I am 62 years old, male, and not very internet savvy (basics only). The incident consumes me. It happened. It was not a fugue or senior moment.

I'm hoping to find someone else who has had a similar experience.

Thank you for your indulgence...................yak055h

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yak055h

There are many stories like this or similar here:something has changed, timeline?

It could have been a time anomoly like those. There are several stories like this on This website
Good luck in your search!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply. My son asked me the next day (I think) if I had looked at my watch at any time during this episode and I'd not thought of it. It did not feel like lost time because it felt like it happened immediately.

What is really disturbing is that every day since that night I've been haunted this. I don't want this memory and want it to go away. GO AWAY! GO AWAY! Time slips, alternate universes, dimensions, whatever, I look for answers.

Thank you again...............yak055h

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This isn't my strangest, but in homage to the OP for a great thread...
It was early summer 25yrs ago. I was living on a main road that sloped down to a big junction & up to a crest with a church on top, which had a little spire. The road was lined both sides by mature trees, taller than the houses. The afternoon weather was calm, warm but not hot, & there were just a few wisps of high cloud in clear skies.
8 of us teenagers left mine: 5 having taken a powerful intoxicant which was barely working yet; 3 completely clear headed as "babysitters", since previous similar missions had resulted in minor incidents that could have easily been major, even fatal. All of a sudden, literally "out of the blue", a flash of lightning streaked horizontally past us just above the treetops! I'd guess about 150m in length, but the angle may have forshortened it.
We all saw & heard it (my ears rang). There were 2 cars coming up & 1 going down: all suddenly slowed & 1 pulled up, so we reckon they saw it too.
Strangely tho, none of us saw it strike anything, it just stopped about 1/2 way across the junction! Truly strange mind, is why didn't it strike the church spire, the trees on the hill crest, any trees down the road or the big pub/hotel @the bottom?
We were so freaked, we went to the church to check that it did have a lightning conductor: it did.
I still see a few of those people & it often comes up in drunken conversation when people are telling "wierd tales", nobody has ever changed their minds about what happened, or that the weather didn't change that afternoon. It just came & went, seemingly without cause or effect.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
My experiences are already posted somewhere on this site. I remember two strange events as being tied for top strange. One occured when I was walking across a college campus past some 12 story tall dorm buildings. The wind began to swirl around me. Before I knew it, it was swirling around me with me at the center. I kept walking not expecting things to continue. However the wind became stronger and the whirlwind continued moving with me at the center. It looked like a dustdevil was forming around me. I didn't feel any wind being at the center. This continued for about 45 seconds to another minute until I reached the area next to my dorm building. The dustdevil had grown in size and picked up some dirt and debris. I slowed down and so did the dustdevil. It came to a stop just outside my dorm building. I walked into the wall of wind and then into my building. I thought that was weird and it never happened again.

The other strange thing happened one quiet and windy night at the same college campus. I decided to go to the lobby of a nearby dorm building to play some arcade or pinball games in the lobby. As I approached the lobby doors I could see the wind blowing them open and shut by about a foot or two at a time. I approached the lobby doors and they suddenly blew open all the way. I walked through and then they closed behind me. Cool I thought. I believe there was a guy in the lobby that stared in disbelief before he ducked down and stumbled on some chairs before running away as fast as possible. I was wondering what he saw that scared him so much. I played a pinball game for 30 minutes and could see the lobby doors the whole time out of the corner of my eye. They never blew open more than a foot or two the whole time. As I was leaving, the doors suddenly opened up. I walked through and they closed behind me again. Strange I thought. As I got back to my dorm building, those doors suddenly opened up for me. After I hurried up back to my dorm room, I was wondering why I never saw anyone for over 30 minutes when there were about 2 thousand college students per building. There seemed to be something spooky in the air that night.

I decided to add one more really strange thing that happened to me much earlier which I don't usually mention. It was about 3 AM in the morning. I woke up sensing something wasn't quite right. I heard a loud rumbling sound. I was on the second story and my bedroom wall was facing south. My wall started shaking from the wind. Up in the sky I must have been having a vision or maybe I was still asleep. I saw something I call Death. It looked like it was coming for me. I saw it up in the sky coming lower as if I could see through the walls of the house. I did not want to go. After a few fearful moments, I suddenly felt protected and felt safe again. A very large tornado had just gone over our roof and ripped to shreds a large pine at the end of the roof that was over 2 feet in diameter. It snapped at roof level. Across the street the tornado snapped up some 3 feet diameter pine trees just above the ground. One large pine tree it not only snapped but turned it upside down and stuck it back in the ground like a giant toothpick. Our house was not damaged at all. There wasn't even a single shingle missing off of the roof even though it sheared off several large pine tree branches that were overhanging the roof from a very large pine on the other side of the house.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by orionthehunter]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
My most amazing experience was in my early twenties, when I went in for a massage to help with my back pain. I'd never had a massage before, but the pain down my legs finally convinced me to try.

In the middle of the treatment I had an encounter with "beings of light", who not only healed my sciatic nerve pain (never been back for a single minute in 14 years), but changed the way I experience life forever. As I lay there, experiencing profound relaxation, I began to see the outlines of humanoid figures surrounding me on all sides. They were clearly defined; their outlines were drawn in light. As they came closer, they became just balls of light, white with a golden hue. Four of them then appeared above my chest. They were spaced apart like at the 12/3/6/9 positions on a clock. They began to spin in a circle, faster and faster, and they generated a light in the center. Suddenly, they shot a beam of light into my chest, and I was overwhelmed with the most intense feelings of love and connectedness... beyond anything I could have imagined possible. For a moment, I was one with God.

I felt as if, I was remembering who I was, why I was here in this life, for what purpose. Tears flowed down my face as I shuddered in the deepest sobs I think I've ever cried. It was beautiful, Humbling. Loving. Healing. Incredible... all that good stuff. I was filled to overflowing with feelings of love, compassion, forgeveness, etc...

For days, I walked around in a daze. My life had been turned upside down and inside out. Nothing was the same any more. All context, all sense of 'why' that I ever had formulated, all my thoughts about pretty much everything, were shaken and numb. It was incredible, but it was also a bit unnerving. As wonderful as it was to feel that light and that love, here I was back on earth, and now I didn't know what to do with myself.

That experience has shaped everything I have done ever since. It is the north star of my walk through this life, and I will forever be striving to be worthy of it - to share that light with other people. The light communicated to me, that life can be so much better than it is now. That light, is what we are. All of us. And nothing can ever alter that.

This is ultimately why I decided to go back to school for acupuncture, so that I might have a job involving healing, that gave me a chance to work with that light, and help other people to find it in themselves.

Several years went by before I made the decision to try this new career. I became a dedicated seeker of understanding, which took me to ashrams and sweat lodges and other interesting places. It opened the door to other strange had wonderful encounters with spirit that I seldom talk about - it's simply too outrageous for most people to even entertain.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll tell one of those other stories.... maybe the one about the full apparition of a redneck I saw in the woods? Or perhaps the time I saw the spirit of a broccoli plant, and what it 'said' to me about our relationship with what we eat?

Dunno.

Haven't told this story in a while. I haven't been feeling lately like I'm living up to the gift that was given to me. I'm still full of bad habits, and keep wishing 'they' picked somebody else, frankly. I'm hiding in the belly of a whale, I suppose.

People might not understand that in many ways, this stuff makes your life more difficult. I went from tooling around in bookstores and playing computer games, to suddenly trying to fulfill a cosmic destiny of some kind. It's hard. It makes me constantly confront my limitations. Inside, it is a state of war, to conquer all my darkness with that light.

Sometimes, I wonder if it ever happened. Other times, the feeling revisits me, and for a moment, I relive it. And then it's gone, and I get horribly depressed.

I'm glad this thread and this forum are here. It feels good to have other open minds to share with.

nite

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Your stories instantly reminded me of the classic anime series Windy Tales - about childen who learn to control the wind. Well worth a watch if you can find it.

en.anime-wiki.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I've had a few strange experiences. Glad to see I'm not alone. Some of them happened while on hallucinogenics, and some didn't. Some I can explain and some I never will.

I used to be a nurse, and one day I was working for an agency that had assigned me to work for one of the local hospices. I was only an LPN, not an RN, and as such my duties were limited. I was visiting hospice clients at home, taking their vital signs and maybe some blood or urine for lab analysis.

One of things about working hospice is that the relatives of the dying person always want to know long they have left. Of course you can't say, a: because you really don't know regardless of their condition and B: it' just wrong. So I never did. I always told everyone the same thing, sorry but that it is just impossible to tell.

So, it's about 10 am and I bee bop to the client's house across town in my car, along with my gigantic hospice supplied cellphone. I was not high, not hung over, not drunk, etc. I was as sober as could be. At this time in my life it had been about 8 or 9 years since I had tripped.

I go to the address which was in the wealthy part of town. I didn't like that, as according to my stereotypes, the rich can be quite demanding.

I knock, and they say come in. I walk in and instantly the room is filled with colors. Beautiful colors, every color of the rainbow. My client is an elderly lady and she is in a hospital bed in the center of the room. The colors surround her and are connected to her. She sits up in bed with an incredibly beautiful smile on her face and opened her arms toward me. I felt an incredible love coming from her and I was compelled to go hug her.

I somehow just knew that she was somehow in heaven already, even though she was obviously still alive and still here. There were three or four of her relatives in the room with her and one remarked that my client must have thought that I was her departed husband. She also said that was first time this lady had sat up in bed for some time. They said nothing of any rainbows in the room.

I kept cool and said nothing about what I saw or felt. I introduced myself and asked if it was OK if I took her vital signs. She nods in the affirmative, still beaming that smile. So I do it and the colors slowly faded out but the good vibes never did. I checked her O2 tank and began to write my notes. On the way out one of her relatives stopped me, as usual, and quietly asked me how long she had. This time when I said I didn't know I was lying. I knew that she would be gone before the day was through.

I got a call about 4:30 that day to return to that residence. When I got there she had passed on. Why I saw what I saw I have no idea, but I felt privileged somehow to have seen it.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

Well they do say "ignorance is bliss" don't they? For myself, I've never seemed to have much option; curiosity killed the cat? Yeah well, I'm not a cat. Thats what I tell myself anyway
!
Still, you aren't Jonah. If you lived then, you'd be stoned to death for witchcraft; probably still would be if certain idiots could get their hands on you.
I made my best strides forward through understanding that I can't defeat anything within myself. All I can do is watch out for that which I would rather not do &, hopefully, intercede before I do it on autopilot; if that makes sense? I've found that, over the years, my habits have become more intune with my ideals.
I found a good meditation: the Yin Yang; spinning; what colour is it?
Black, white, black, white? No... Blurring into grey; but not just grey, right? Pink, blue, yellow... Concentrate, or rather don't: let go of definition. Turquoise, purple, peach, aquamarine...
Its all good. We just have to see & pursue the good in it.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
About 10 years before the experience with the hospice client happened, this happened.

I was engaged to be married to a lady I was head over heels for. The marriage was to take place in about a month. Apparently my finance was pretty happy too, she had a glow about her. It was serotonin city. I was in my mid twenties, she a bit older at 30.

I was working away from home doing construction in southern CA. She was staying with her mom until we tied the knot. we were saving up for a plce of our own. I stayed there on the weekends.

One night I dreamed that I was outside of her mother's house. I knew my fiance was inside in the house and determined that I would go inside.

Something about the situation bothered me. Out of nowhere this dude in a black suit and a black hat shows up, and he isn't going to let me in. Now, I am embarrassed a bit to say it, but I was jealous.

I'm like, who the hell is she in there with? I'm going in.

This dude in black doesn't talk, but communicates telepathically. He says I'm not allowed inside. I begged to differ. I was pretty cocky in those days. But the dude in black communicated that although it wasn't his desire, that he most certainly could and would stop me from going inside, by kicking my arse as much as necessary. I stomped off like an angry child because I knew he could and I could do nothing about it.

The next day I think nothing of this dream and I go to work. My boss and I were sharing a motel room. After work we came back to the motel.

A large thunderstorm was building in the east, and here we go again, a huge rainbow had developed. It was the first time I had ever seen a rainbow that went the full 180 degree arc. Several of us were in the motel parking lot, staring at it, when I thought to myself, Gee God, are you trying to tell me something?

At that very moment, my boss yelled out that I had had a phone call from my girlfriends mom.

I went to the phone booth feeling a bit uneasy, my dream coming back to me. I dialed the number.

My fiance's mom had the unenviable job of informing that my fiance had passed away that night. The cause was never determined.

I know folks might think this is jive, I can't prove I dreamed anything and I prove I saw what I saw with my hospice patient. I could not blame anyone for being skeptical. But, it did happen...both of these things.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

Have you ever considered the possibility that maybe, you do not need to strive to live up to this experience you had? That it was a gift, with no strings attached?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

being alive

everything els is normal

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircow

Honestly? No, I never have.

I simply don't feel worthy of it. This is a lifelong issue with me.

But thanks for putting that idea in my head. You really touched me with that.

Sincerely - thank you.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Thanks for the ideas.

I like what you said about habits.

A meditation about balance/moderation might just be a good thing for me. I am and always have been a man of extremes.

I'm just feeling so far away form that light these days, despite the fact that my brain 'knows' that it is what I am. I'm sure we all have times like that, but as I said, it leaves me terribly depressed, and I've been in a protracted spell of it. Sometimes, it makes life itself seem futile.

Luckily, I have a wife who believes in me, and a few good friends who do too. That's everything to me.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join