It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by annefran
The chances is having the same birthday as someone is really only 1 in 30, so it's not as mystical as a lot of people think.

Wouldn't the chances of meeting someone with the same birthday (not necessarily same year though), be 1 in 366, not 1 in 30? As there are 365 days in a year plus of course an extra 366th day every 4 years, right.

And I'm glad you're enjoying this thread. There are some really amazing stories on here. Cheers and be well.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

aye...it's a weird one.."the birthday paradox"

en.wikipedia.org...

a boyfriend of mine had two consecutive girlfriends born on April 19th. I have had two boyfriends born on April 6th - and there hasn't been a statistically meaningful amount before someone makes the numbers comment!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This isn't the strangest thing that has happened to me but it goes along with the birthday talk.

I have known two guys with the exact same birthday as me. Year and everything. And My boss at my last job had the same b day as me, but way older then me.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have posted this elsewhere...It is definitely sexual in nature.

I suffered a disturbing night-time attack from an entity in my teenage years.

I read before falling a sleep and during a dream a voice came into the dream, telling me to wake up...that something was not right and I was in danger.

I woke up to find myself lying on my right side, with my arms held behind my back and my hips being 'bounced' into the bed. I remember looking around the room and trying to reason internally what was happening. I wondered if I was fitting, but then rejected that as I felt I would not have been as lucid as I was. I also think it is strange that both arms were behind my back - held high up. Not a natural sleep position, for anyone other than David Blaine perhaps!

At the same time as this, I felt a real, heavy darkness behind me on the bed and I felt a weight moving up my body as I was looking around the room.

As I began to become more disturbed by what was happening, I decided I had best call for my mother.

As I did the 'weight' accelerated up my body and I felt my tongue being pulled to the back of my throat only allowing me to release a muffled few sounds - I got the 'm' out of mother and that was it.

All the way through I could hear the banging of my right hip on the bed and the loud rustling of the bedclothes. My arms were behind my back.

I began to think about what I could do. I had been told by my mother that the 23rd Psalm was the strongest, so I began to recite that. By the end of the 1st verse I was able to sit up and put a light on - which was damn lucky as I didnt know anymore!

I was so scared, that I crawled into bed beside my mother...not generally what a headstrong 17 yr old will do.

I continued to be harassed by that entity for a couple of years, but it never got as close as it did that night.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The weirdest thing in the "paranormal/supernatural" realm would be the day my Grandma on my dad's side died. After returning from the hospital me and my parents ( I was about 10 at te time) got out of the car and walked from the driveway to the front of the house. We had about 5 gardenia bushes that had NEVER blossomed or produced any sort of buds. But as soon as we came around there was one bush with one fully blossomed flower. I think we still have a picture, I 'll try and dig it up. The flower died and fell off by the next morning. We had had these bushes since I was born, never once blossomed. My mom thought it was a sign from grams to my dad that she was ok ( she had been deaf since birth so we took care of her for a better portion of her life, she also then devolped alzheimers)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Annefran, that's pretty freaky stuff to say the least. I'm glad you got through it and it finally stopped. I wouldn't even know where to begin offering a reasonable explaination for that. Thanks for taking a moment to post it. Truly bizarre.

Djvexd, I find your story somehow beautifull and comforting, if bittersweet. Thank you for sharing as well. Be well.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by killacaboose
A few years back I was talking with my youngest cousin and he told me when he was older he had a beard like his uncle. He was about three at the time I believe. I asked him what he had meant and he replied " when I was alive before" and then continued to explain a little of his previous life, I didn't know how to react so unfortunately I didn't write any of it down, sad to say

I just found this thread and would love to see more posts on it. I don't have any experiences of my own to share, though I did see a "shadow person" once, or at least, I thought I did--noting that I have a history of sleep paralysis and etc, I'm inclined to dismiss that one as likely to be sleep-related.

This post reminded me, though, of something I heard about my sister doing. Story goes, when she was very young, not yet school-age, she matter-of-factly told my mother "When I was a grown-up, I had a red car."

Mom corrected her, "You mean when you are grown up, you will have a red car."

My sister's response was, "No, when I was grown-up, before. I had a red car, and a red dress the same color."

Needless to say, the conversation ended there. But I've heard similar, like a friend's daughter happily pointing out buildings to us with "My house looked like that one," and explaining her aversion to the lake with the phrase (which gives me chills to this day) "'Cause they drownded me there."

Kids have good imaginations, I know, but the matter-of-factness of it all... well, it was pretty strange in my book.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
[edit on 8-2-2009 by Kyoto111]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I had a psychic mind meld with a friend we knew what was going to happen does any one no why its happend a lot of times.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by quitebored

Hi Quiteboard. Thanks for checking into the thread. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I can't believe this thread just keeps going. It's the first one I ever started on ATS and by far my most successfull. Check back often because the stories keep coming in on this one. Cheers, and be well!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Probably the freakiest thing I know of happened to a close friend. He and his girlfriend both woke up at the same time in the middle of the night. Before they had time to say anything to each other, both their mobiles rang, which freaked them right out as you'd imagine. They also said they felt a presence in the room.

It turned out when they checked the last number dialled, the mobiles had called each other and logged the same time. There was also a message which he played to me, and thinking about it still gives me chills. You couldn't make anything out clearly, but it sounded like a little girl saying something. Ow ow ow... I don't even like thinking about it. I asked him to try and download the message somehow, but it disappeared - and he didn't delete it. It only came up on his voicemail, not his girlfriends's.

I have seen something that doesn't fit into anything at all - not a ufo or weird weather effect. I posted a thread about it ages ago but got no useful responses. I was with some friends on top of Mt. Haleakala in Maui and we all saw this really weird white line, quite faint, probably about third magnitude, stretching from horizon to horizon. You couldn't really focus on it properly - I said it looked as if it was made of sparks, one of my friends said it looked like a vibrating guitar string.

What made it odder was that it was traversing the sky slowly but evenly. Then it faded out after about 10 minutes... then a few minutes later it was back again doing the same thing. The only thing I can think of is that it might have been a test of a Star Wars weapons system. It wasn't any of the following, all of which I have seen: a meteorite, a bolide, a vapour trail.

The other weird thing that happened to me was a really formative experience. I'd been doing t'ai chi for a few years and was working on a cruise ship. One night after the disco ended I wound up hanging with the DJ and his cabin mate in their cabin. We were all pretty drunk and they asked me what it was I'd been doing on the beach. I told them it was t'ai chi... to cut a long story short, I tried an experiment. Darren, the DJ, was lying on the top bunk (the cabins were pretty small). I went up to him and assumed a standing posture, extended my arm, and put my right forefinger resting on the "third eye" position on his forehead. (There are reasons for this but they're trivial so I won't bother going through it.)

I said, "look, I don't know if anything's going to happen... let's just see if it does..." and settled myself to relax as much as possible with no expectations.

After maybe a minute I felt something very strange: a kind of squirting sensation in the middle of the tip of my forefinger, a couple of mm under the skin - right where the bone is: and the same feeling at the same time in the middle of the first (top) joint of that finger.

Now I'm sure I didn't move at all, but Darren immediately jerked his head back and said, "***king hell!" Myself and the other guy kept asking him what had happened... and the thing is, people don't really have a vocabulary to describe this stuff, but he just kept saying, "it felt like the back of my head came off".

I never tried to repeat the experiment, but up until then I'd been an agnostic about whether to full-on accept that chi was a real thing or some sort of Chinese metaphor. After that time I accepted it as being "real", somehow, whatever that means. I know I didn't move, I know that what I felt was inside my finger, and yet it clearly affected Darren. I puzzled that one over for a long time, I can tell you.

Since then I've studied with people who can use their chi to affect others in a similarly "supernatural" way, but I don't think anything of it, now - it's just an ability that like any other comes as a mixture of talent and training.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hey Rich23. Thanks for contributing. I really enjoyed your writing style. Very fluid and easy to read. The cellphone tale is my favorite. Very starnge indeed. Thanks very much for taking the time to post. Cheers and be well.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
My dad has been in hospital, so it has been a bit of a topsy turvy emotional week for me, however when I was sitting on my bed with my laptop a couple of days ago around 1pm, I was home alone with my niece. She was in the lounge on another PC and my bedroom is next to the hall near the front door.
I heard the door rattle, like someone was rattling some keys and unlocked the front door, and then shut it quite hard (you have to shut the door quite hard as sometimes it doesnt shut properly).
I ran to see who it was and no one was there. So I ran into the lounge where my niece was, and she was at the PC so it wasnt her. I then looked out the large windows from the lounge which looked directly towards the front door and the drive way/garage. No one was there. I asked her if she had heard the front door open or seen anyone. She hadnt.
I told my dad about it a day or two later and he said that usually spirits go in and out the same doors they enter. One time my grandmother (who has passed on) came through his wardrobe to visit him and went back the same way.
Yep. Sometimes I do see dead people/spirits. Not often and very rarely, and I have no idea who they are.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by misswanderer31
Yep. Sometimes I do see dead people/spirits. Not often and very rarely, and I have no idea who they are.

When you see a spirit you don't recognise, do you get a feeling about them? That is, do you feel if they're good, bad, lost/confused, or anything else? And can you tell if they see you, too?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
if i could tell you everything, you'd be here forever. a lot of weird things happen to me. but the weirdest thing is also the scariest aswell.

i was sat in my room with my partner, just generally having a laugh. my skin started to grow cold (which doesn't happen because i'm so warm blooded) and i started shivering. i kept thinking i could see this woman out of the corner of my eye. very tall, slim and blond. but when i'd look directly at her, she'd vanish. then this is the weird bit. it was like i had no control over my body. i could feel myself lying down but i wasn't the one doing it and every time i tried to move myself, my muscles wouldn't work for me. i ended up on my back on the floor, my arms and legs straight. i was stairing up at the cieling, my partner asking me if i was OK. of course i wasn't, but i didn't want her to freak out. so i just assures her i was fine and i'd be alright in a minute or two. then my vision started going black. when it went completely black i could feel rain on my face. like LITERALLY feel it. and i could smell damp leaves around me. i opened my eyes & i was in woods. the woman i saw in the room was stood over me with this large man. i was laid in a hole. and then they started to cover me in mud. i was being burried alive. (which is one of my worsed fears). i started screaming because for some reason i couldn't move. all i could hear was this woman laughing.

when i came around i was still screaming, and i opened my eyes and i was laid on my bed. i looked around and my partner was sat in the corner of my room, staring at me with this terrified look on her face, tears streaming down her cheeks. when i asked her what happened she wouldn't tell me. she just asked me to drop it. she was so scared by it i didn't want to push her. so i left it.

we'd been going out for around four months. we were together ten months. it took her sixth months to be able to tell me what she saw that night. when i blacked out and was in the "forest" she said i was still talking to her. but it was in a voice that wasn't mine, in an accent that wasn't mine. she said i looked at her differently, the way i moved was different, my body language was different. and the reason she was crying was because i told her i knew she was cheating on me with my best friend. (I HAD NO IDEA!!!!) i told her, in that woman's voice, a word for word conversation they had when i wasn't around, while she was cheating on me. and it took her sixth months to be able to tell me what happened because it scared her that much.

now i wasn't on drugs because i don't do drugs. i wasn't drinking because i didn't drink at the time. so please, any sceptics, explain to me how i could say a word for word conversation that i had no part of and was nowhere near. and how i could see and feel things as if they were really happening. and DON'T say dreaming because that still doesn't explain the state my partner was in when i came around.

this is one hundred percent true to my life and i haven't been able to explain it logically at all. except for the posibility of spirits which may not seem logical to you, but they are to me.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Freyja

Very creepy account. Thanks for taking a few minutes to share it with us.

Nothing like this ever happened bofore or since, I'm guessing? And it would be nice to know who the strange woman you saw is/was. Be well.

Edit to add: Just noticed you just joined on. Welcome to the show.

[edit on 5/11/2009 by Static Sky]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nexusmagazine
reply to post by Static Sky

I welcome reading posts like yours, and I admire your courage for posting it. My only comment is that so so many people have weird experiences, and so very few of them share them with others. I have accumulated over 25 years worth of such tales from people, and over 90% of them would only have told one or two trusted friends or relatives.

I haven't read past your first post, so forgive me if the link below has already been referenced. It is a interesting resource where lots of people have posted their own weird experiences.

paranormal.about.com...

enjoy

Duncan

Thats because it really only takes one person who thinks they know everything to make somebody with an experience feel stupid or crazy for trying to tell the truth.

It is close minded people that keep the truth hidden, and keep people who have experienced things from meeting others who have shared the experience.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I agree. And that's one of the great things about ATS. Though there are flamers out there, just as there are hoaxers, I find the bulk of posts/posters around here are free to give whatever account they wish to share, without too much ridicule.

Often one post/poster will open the door for others who read the account and find something in common with it. It's easier to post something that might be considered a little far fetched, when someone else has posted something similar.

In my opinion, that is one of the great successes of this thread. We've heard a wide array of experiences and have managed to not jump on and flame any poster with the courage to share with us. Thanks to all for that.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
when I was a kid, I was playing with Lincoln logs. All the sudden it felt like something was holding me and I couldn't move. I could see my mom about 50 feet away watching TV. I tried screaming but nothing would come out. Finally it let me go and I screamed.

A few days later, I woke up in the morning and my dad was shaving in the bathroom across from the bed. I was about 7-8 I guess. I stretched to get up and noticed a long green hand sticking its fingers though the slats in the head board. I yelled to my dad and it was gone.

We soon moved out of the house, and I've never experienced anything strange since then 20 something years.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
We soon moved out of the house, and I've never experienced anything strange since then 20 something years.

Congratulations on making the first claim in this thread that I simply do not believe.

As for the hand in the headboard, I'm pretty sure I'd never want to sleep on that bed again. Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join