It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Thanks, SS. I've really enjoyed this thread. Kind of a nice break from all the doom and gloom.

Twenty years ago my youngest brother was diagnosed with leukemia. He went through the chemo and bone marrow transplant. He was in hospital for 9 months but eventually it became a loosing battle. He was in and out of a coma for weeks before he passed.

One night when I was having trouble sleeping I went to the living room and laid down on the floor. After just a few momentss I sat bolt upright and could feel,what I can only describe now as, my brother's soul pass right through me.

What was especially odd about it was he had been sick for so long but what passed through me was an ecstatically joyful feeling. It was like he was skipping and grinning from ear to ear. There was no "wind" like feeling and I didn't see any sort of apparition. I can only describe it as the essence of my brother, and he was very happy.

While I sat on the floor trying to digest what had just happened, the phone rang. I knew it was my mother who was staying at the hospital and I knew why she was calling. I just picked up the receiver and before she could speak said, "he's dead, isn't he?" She said, "you'd better come".

I hurried to the hospital but I already knew what I would find. When I walked in the room my mother was standing by his bed and she looked at me sadly and said, he just passed a few minutes ago. I didn't tell her that he had actually "passed" a few minutes before she called.

I never wept for my brother because I KNEW he was giddy with happiness to be free of that sick body. He was going to be ok.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Wow. What a bittersweet story. Thank you so much for having the courage to post something so obviously personal. And I'm very sorry to hear of your brothers fate. Thanks again for sharing. And be well.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I knew we were going to get ina car accident before we got in the car. I knew an earthquake was going to happen the day of the Northridge earthquake in L.A., California (at the time I lived near there).

Now when I have a powerful premonition I pay attention to it. Also I make sure to tell at least one other person. That way when I turn out to be right, at least one person heard me say it ahead of time.

Another weird thing, and it's not just my imagination. I have started paying attention to this so I can see if it's real, and so far it seems to be:

When I leave early for an event I hit fewer traffic lights than when I leave late. This is not just a subjective matter of "feeling" like I'm hitting more red lights because I'm in a hurry. Instead, it is a quantifiable reality. Weird. I wonder if there is some principle of fluid dynamics at play here.

[begin edit]

Oh, and when I was a kid I was abducted by aliens. But I have posted all about that in other places at ATS.

How funny that I left that out the first time!

[end edit]

[edit on 29-10-2008 by OuttaHere]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

When I leave early for an event I hit fewer traffic lights than when I leave late. This is not just a subjective matter of "feeling" like I'm hitting more red lights because I'm in a hurry. Instead, it is a quantifiable reality. Weird. I wonder if there is some principle of fluid dynamics at play here.

Hi outtahere, in england this is what we call sods law ( I believe the irish call it murphys law?)
basicly if something can go wrong or be a hindrence, it will when you really wish it wouldnt

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This was when I was about fourteen.

One summer's day, my brother, myself and a friend of ours about the same age were standing in the driveway of our house.

My father was working on his car out the front of the house. He was actually underneath the car.

Suddenly we heard him calling out. It was very strange because I'd NEVER up to that time heard what my father's voice sounded like calling out for help. It had a strange effect, as if something extraordinary - beyond comprehension - was happening.

Of course, we ran to the car. The jack had failed and the car had fallen down, pinning my father.

The three of us just reached down without thinking, grabbed the bottom of the car and PICKED IT UP on it's side, allowing my father to roll out from underneath.

Three teenage boys, 13, 14 and 14.

A six cylinder, full chassis 1960 General Motors car weighing about 2 and 1/2 tons.

We lifted it up on its side about three feet in the air and set it back down after my father had rolled out. Also, it was easy! There was no strain.

Here's another detail. As he was getting out, my father called out:

"That's high enough! That's high enough!"

Maybe he thought we were gonna tip it over...

[edit on 31-10-2008 by undermind]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by undermind

Hi undermind. I've heard a few stories like this over the years and it always amazes me. I have no doubt it's true. And while relatively rare, not at all unheard of. Here's a pretty good link with a few examples.
www.straightdope.com...

Thanks a lot for posting and take care. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Static Sky

Hi undermind. I've heard a few stories like this over the years and it always amazes me. I have no doubt it's true. And while relatively rare, not at all unheard of. Here's a pretty good link with a few examples.
www.straightdope.com...

Thanks a lot for posting and take care. Cheers.

Thanks, SS. It happened exactly that way. When my father called out, it's difficult to describe the effect. It was as if all the normal rules that apply were suspended, and then once it was accomplished, returned.

Another thing is we've never talked about it - as if it was a glitch - and the relationship of parent always helping child went back straight after.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It's the natural order of things, right? Did you guys ever talk about the incident afterwards? And I think I might have hit him up for a new bike or something. LOL

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

You reminded me .. I have one of these, too.

When I was four years old, my teenaged (14 or 15) cousin took me for a ride on his motorcycle. I don't remember the make or model, but it seemed big to me and I'm sure it weighed at least 3 - 400 pounds. It was not a dirt bike, but a regular motorcycle.

At one point, he had me get off and said he was going to show me a "trick" he could do on the dirt/gravel road. I never found out what the trick was because the bike slid out from under him. He fell with it, and his leg was trapped underneath the bike with something very hot (engine? exhaust?) burning his leg. As the heat burned through his pants and began to sear the skin of his leg, he began to scream.

I didn't know my cousin very well, having just met him a few weeks before (and we didn't even speak the same language), but that screaming had an effect on me similar to the one you describe hearing your father's voice calling for help.

I ran over to him and somehow managed to pick the bike up off of my cousin and push it away so that it fell over on its other side. People say it was adrenaline and all that, but the physics just doesn't work. How can a 40 lb. child lift a bike that weighs close to 10x more than she does?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Hi Heike. Good to see you, as always. When I was about 4 or 5, my maternal grandparents had a ranch in Southern Saskatchewan. My one uncle was giving an older cousin a ride on his Harley. They rode down towards the barn and around the corner, passing it and out into the field, and back.

My other uncle agreed to give me a ride, in front of him, on his Yamaha dirtbike. Down towards the barn, and as we were turning the corner to pass it and head out into the field, my uncle and cousin on the Harley were just turning that same corner again, on their way back.

This is my first experience with slow motion reality and I remember it vividly. I was looking down as the two front tires of the bikes slowly came together. It seemed to take 10 or 15 seconds to happen. As they touched, all sound disappeared. Total silence and then a feeling of floating as I lifted off the seat. I remember feeling rather calm and everything was still moving so slowly.

I was still looking down and remember floating over my uncle on the Harley, seeing his thinning bald spot, then seeing my cousin behind him. My cousin was looking up at me as I floated over them. we made eye contact for a split second that felt like several seconds. Then I looked up and saw a fence post from the corral. I don't recall any impact.

Next thing I remember is my aunt and grandma holding me upright in the bathroom with blood all over my face. They cleaned me up and my mom and others took me to the nearest hospital. It took 3 nurses to hold me down to get stitches on my forehead. I also had a 'green-break' of my left collarbone. Could have been a lot worse.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I had something strange happen to me. I posted it in this thread:

Remote control jet or something else?

I still think about this experience. I know that it could not be a real jet. I also know that there are no RC jets that scale. The "jet" was flying so slow it seemed as if it should fall from the sky.

The original posting didn't get many responses, but I sure would like some type of explanation that makes sense to me as to what this was.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Static Sky

It's the natural order of things, right? Did you guys ever talk about the incident afterwards? And I think I might have hit him up for a new bike or something. LOL

I'm going to ask him about it when I see him in the next few days. We did in fact get new bikes and also we got along better. I think it kind shook his ideas about the world.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by undermind]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

No doubt it did! It would have shocked the heck out of mine. (I have a nearly 3, year old). Thanks for keeping us updated. i am truly interested in hearing of his recollection of it all. Please do post it. Cheers, my friend.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
UFO(pulsating disk) sighting,Total time:10mins, Place:Vancouver,BC,Canada,Jericho beach,Year:1990. strangest fn thing i have ever seen .

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This thread is a fantastic read!

I don't really have any strange experiences of the calibre of the other posts in this thread, but I wanted to contribute so here's the best I can come up with:

When I was about 3 or 4 I was lying awake in my bedroom, but in my brother's bed. Everyone was home but they were all outside in the backyard entertaining guests. I guess we were throwing a rare get-together at our place. Anyway, I notice this green mist start to fill the room and adjacent corridor. I don't believe there was any smell or taste associated with it. It was purely visual. It eventually filled every available space I could see. I was really scared at this point and I believe a began yelling out for my Dad to come in, but no-one could hear me. No matter how hard I tried, I was unable to attract anyone's attention. It seemed as though the green mist was blocking my efforts. I hid under the covers hoping it would go away and eventually after what seemed like hours (perhaps it was 10 minutes or so) my Dad came in to check on me. I can't remember what the outcome was but the mist was gone when he came in and when he left it returned just like before. That's all I remember.

Also when I was about 4, before going to bed one night, I sat down on the floor in the hallway with my back resting against the inside of the front door. Shortly afterwards an unseen entity picked my up and threw me onto the edge of my bed which was in the adjacent room. The next thing I remember was waking up in the same spot I had been thrown on the edge of my bed.

Again at about age 3 or 4 I remember standing at the edge of the road at the front of our house in the middle of the afternoon and seeing two formula 1 cars idling side by side. Somehow one of them ran over my toe.

As I've grown older, I've come to accept that the formula 1 incident must have been a dream, and although I don't believe I was dreaming with the other two, the possibility cannot be ruled out. It's funny how time can aid the rationalisation process as the memory fades!

I also remember having to face towards the open side of the room when I went to sleep to avoid having nightmares. It didn't matter where I was sleeping, I always needed to face away from the wall and towards a window or door. This lasted until about 10 or 12 when I just decided to overcome it because I was sick of facing the same way all the time.

Many more significant and regular events have happened to other people I know, but it's not my place to share them.

In more recent times, my wife and I distinctly heard the sound of a glass object smashing on the ground next to the bed, but when we looked at the floor there was nothing there. Another time we awoke to find the back door of the house wide open, despite always ensuring all doors were locked before going to bed. Possibly a burglar but nothing was noticeably disturbed or out of place.

Anyway, that's all I have. My apologies for any boredom I may have caused.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by speaker

Great stuff Speaker! Thanks for taking the time to post on this thread. All contributions are welcome, so long as they're honest. No need to try and validate yours against others for fear of not measuring up to the pretty high standards set by some of our more incredible accounts. Thanks again for contributing to the quality of this thread and be well. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
When I was little, about 5 or 6, I had slept over at my grandma's with my cousin, my grandma only had a small bed, so we had to camp out on the floor. I didn't really believe in monsters, or anything like that, my parents had never introduced them to me via books or movies, or threats (boogie man, etc) so, anyway, I was laying on the floor, it was morning, and everyone else was awake and downstairs. I got a really strange feeling, I had never felt it before, but I got goose bumps, and my neck prickled, a shadow all of a sudden went across my grandmother's door, I remember it like it was yesterday, it has always stayed with me, that image, I'll never forget it, it was walking, it was hunched, and it had a weird shaped head, and its arms were kind of bent with clawed hands, all I saw was a shadow, not the actual whatever it was. I've tried to come up with all sorts of explanations over the years, but the fact is...no one was upstairs, and her house was a town house, with a single window in her room on the second floor, there was nothing that could have reproduced that image...it was walking, you could clearly see the legs walking. I've never seen it again, and I still to this day will not watch scary movies, don't need em, just have to remember that shadow, all the fright I need.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Heya - thought i'd contribute to this thread before I go to bed!

Well, the strangest thing (or one of the strangest, there are a few!) I've experienced, was when I was about 14, and I was in my room by myself reading a book, when I felt like I wasn't in my natural body. I felt like a smaller version of me had been sucked within my actual body, so instead of looking out of my regular eyes, it's more like looking through a set of binoculars. Mighty odd, but when I sort of came to (I didn't faint
), I had to try and find out what it was, but never to this day have. Someone (oline) said it's called a walk through, or something, where possibly 2 beings nearby, one dies, and within that moment, it's like a form of reincarnation, a new life is born? No idea if it's bullcrap, but someone that night did pass away, and also there was a homebirth. Might just be coinkydink, however

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
From my Thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I had an experience last week, I wanted to post it here but I couldnt find the right forum until now.

Early last week, I started feeling uneasy around the house, especially in my living room, I have a desk in the corner where my PC sits and I felt as if I was being watched, I couldnt stand having my back to the room.

Mid week, uneasy gave way to full blown panic. Early in my working life I have worked in the Security and Private Investigation Industry, I've had to deal with all sorts of conflicts and threats. I've never felt as scared as I did that night. I slept with a knife next to the bed I was so worked up, and I could not get this "Impending Danger" feeling to go away. I tried to focus, calm myself, put up a wall of white light, but I just couldnt focus through what I felt.

I slept(if you could call it that) for about 30 minutes at a time, and went to work the next day half dead. My wife, who is normally very spiritually receptive but has not been since she has been pregnant(Dont know how that corresponds but it is the case) was home. Suddenly our dogs started going bezerk at the door, barking into the house, she let them in, and they (from what she describes) penned in a corner of the room, growling and barking. My wife couldnt find anything in the area they were guarding like a rat or a snake.

She then decided to call my mother who is a medium. About 30 minutes later I get an msn from her.

Well he's gone now, he wasnt aware that someone had shot him full of holes. Not a nice person at all anyway, he is scared of bikers, he thinks you are one(I am quite a big guy and have a full beard), apparently he stole from some people he shouldnt have and was on the run, he was very afraid, but either way he is gone now. He was hiding behind your couch in your living room.

PS: This is normal matter of fact way my mother puts things, its just her way!

I sat there reading this from work, and gave it some thought. I figure the fear I was feeling was actually his, the impending danger was what he was feeling. I then opened google and decided to dig a bit considering biker battles often make the news.

After 20 minutes in google, I found my man.
He was an ex biker turned drug dealer, and was gunned down(5 rounds) outside of his own house only a few weeks earlier by elements of a biker gang. This alone proved nothing, except his house was only 100 meters away from a friends house I had visited on the weekend for his 25th birthday party. I think I had collected a tag along!

As coincidence would have it, there was a photo of the slain criminal in the article(Obviously taken much earlier). I sent nothing but the picture to my mother with no explanation, only to receive "Thats him, he was a bit thinner, but definately him! He really was a little skank!"

Sure enough when I got home, the feeling didnt return, thankfully. I like my sleep!

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join