It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hi long time lurker until i read this thread!
Great thread it's a cracking read.

Just a few experiences from me.

I see bright pin prick lights and what look like heat waves moving around me pretty much all the time. It's been happening since i was small so it's normal now but it's been getting weirder...

I was watching a football match on tv about a year ago (rare because i don't really like it) i was fascinated by it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Next day at work i mentioned the game to a guy who lives and breathes football he didn't understand what i was talking about. After making me check the results on the net i found the game had happened with the correct two teams but the whole game and result was completely different from what i watched. This alone freaked me out for a good few days.
It's happened a few times since with things people have said i would put down to my bad memory but i do have a memory of these things it's just not what everyone else experienced or heard!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
HarlequinHannah and Hotjimarificson, great stuff! Thanks for taking the time to post. And Hotjimarificson, glad to see another lurker who who inspired to join in to post on this thread. We had a pretty good string of new members joining a ways back, but it seems it hasn't happened for some time now. Cheers for that. Thanks again guys!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hotjimarificson

I see bright pin prick lights and what look like heat waves moving around me pretty much all the time. It's been happening since i was small so it's normal now but it's been getting weirder...

And I'd like to know what that is, Hotjimarificson. Have you ever talked to an optometrist about it? And do you have good vision?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
When i was a child i used to play with Meccano, we had a massive set of it down in the cellar in the house.

One day i wanted to play with the Meccano so i opened the cellar door, but instead of immediately turning on the light as i usually did, i walked down the first few steps of the stairs first and looked down into the cellar room below.

To my total shock i saw these bizarre bright lights (resembling sparklers) whizzing around the floor of the cellar, chasing after each other as they illuminated the floor.
I stood there for a few moments mesmerized as i watched them, but then i suddenly came to my senses and without thinking i turned on the main light, and when i looked back down into the room again, the strange lights were gone.

It wasn't a bad experience, but i never experienced anything quite like it again, and nor have i been able to explain it in a non-paranormal way.

There was a another weird experience that i had as a child connected to the cellar as well- one day i wanted to play with the Meccano set again so i went towards the cellar door to open it- but for a few moments i just stood at the top of the stairs just looking down into the cellar.

All of a sudden someone pushed me from behind! I almost fell down the stairs, but i grabbed onto the door frame and steadied myself. It was bizarre though, because i quickly turned around and no-one was there- yet as i had been pushed i had surely felt the strong shape of two hands giving me a big push behind my back.
And even weirder, no-one was in the house at the time the incident happened (and nor did i hear any footsteps of anyone approaching or running away, which was odd since the floorboards were terribly creaky and not easy to walk on without making noise). So i'm quite certain it was a ghost or some such similar thing as i don't know how else such an incident could be explained- needless to say it wasn't a nice experience.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
One of the weirder things that have happened to me have just happened a few weeks back. I had an OOBE and walked through the glass in my conservatory. Such a weird sensation. I just put my hand in and body vibrated. Then I just passed through with no effort.

I floated around for a bit outside. Things suddenly got weirder. This time I thought I'd go back inside through my kitchen window. I put my hand through, and the vibrations happened, but I just remembered to look at my reflection.

As I was floating in front of my kitchen window, furiously stabbing my hand through the window my reflection didn't even move. It just stood there with its' arms folded. This still has me quite intrigued.

After that OOBE I resumed sleep and had 4 false awakenings. That sucked.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
May 15th 1984, living in a small town in Michigan, my son (then 6yrs old) and I were sitting on the front porch

of our residence. We were enjoying the fresh air and early morning sunshine. I noticed a person, about two

blocks south of us, looking through peoples trash. This was not unusual to me, as I've been known to do my

share of trash picking. I was vaguely of my son looking at the person also.

I turned my head back toward the front of the yard.My son did not, he remained looking at the person.( who

turned out to be a man)

I felt compelled to look back at the guy. I can remember thinking, that I would feel a little selfconcious if

people were watching me picking through garbage, but I couldn't seem to stop watching him. Now... he

wasn't doing strange. In fact I didn't see him keep anything. There were at least 12 houses with trash out for

pick up, and he was unhurried in his quest.
My subconcious began to perceive a kind of surrealistic aspect of everything in my concious view. I was also

aware, without looking at him, that my son was still watching the man. I felt the need to look away,but could

not. I wanted to tell my son that we should not be staring at 'him',but I couldn't seem to muster up my own

voice.
No longer it was a mere curiousity, if it ever was, to watch him! Now it was an irrational allur. Nevertheless

I could not look away. I dont recall feeling fearful of the inability to cease looking.
I felt mesmerized without questioning why ?

As the man got closer to us I noticed his phsyical appearance.
He was quite normal looking, dressed in blue denim jacket and pants. He wore tan hiking boots.The length

of his hair was to the collar and was a light reddish brown. He was about 5'9" and slightly stocky.His gait

was manly.... Nothing out of the ordinary.
When he neared my neighbors property I could see that his complexion was a taned ,outdoor,ruddy look....

very natural....... Yes I'mstill watching and I 'feel' that my son is too.

Bear in mind 'we' continued to observe his activities all through 10 residences with trash out for pick up
He didn't seem to have observed us. At least I don't recall him looking directly at us.

As he approached our trash I suddenly found my voice.
"Hello...excuse me..but what are you looking for...I mean.. is it something in particular?"
He turned to face us and smiled such a beautiful smile and said ..
"Hello" in a very melodious voice,"i look for rags. Like silk or nylon.....I make rugs...Rag rugs."
"Oh! " I said "there might be something in that stuff you could use. I'm in the process of cleaning out a bunch

of boxes in the basement, but I really just started to get into the clothes part of it."
"ok...thanks"he replied,and turned back to the trash.
I was feeling quite serene. He seemed to have an aura, but it was more like I could feel the aura instead of

see one.

Quite Unexpectedly I felt an overwhelming urgency to Blurt out 'an invitation to come Into my home'...to look

through the other stuff.
'Instantly' my extreme urge was 'quelled' by an overpowering sense of Danger.
The words were choked back, like a 'mental strenglehold'. Instead.... out of me came........
"If I find anything like that I will set them out in a separate box up in the yard next trash day .You're welcome

to them."
He looked up with that glowing smile and said "Thank you very much"(with that musical voice.)

Then, the man started to walk on to the next house, finding Nothing of importance to him in our trash.
All the while my eyes Never left him........ Neither did my sons, but by this point I was barely aware of him.

He walked about 15' stopped,turned around and.....'Oh my God !!!'....There was no longer a person there !!!!

What I Witnessed...... was Beyond All Rational Intelect !!

Some Horrifying,Gruesome Creature had replaced Him!!

With utter Shock.....my eyes beheld an Incomprehensible entity !!..... I will try to describe 'IT'(talk about surreal)

Surrounding this thing,... appeared to be a brownish or greyish haze.
The Face and neck was Covered with what appeared to be 'Shreaded Rotting Flesh'!!!
A small amount of Sinew and Bone was showing through a couple of gaps in this flesh!!

There were patches of Long 'Wet or Slimy' Hair coming out from under a ragged hooded robe!!
The eyes, or rather lack there of, were open.. vast pools.. of black nothingness!!!

It's mouth area, with no trace of lips and a few shards of broken teeth in it, Opened up into a Huge grinning

Smile of Insane Hilarity !!
With No Movement of the jaw, a Voice, that seemed to roll out Like distant thunder (Icould swear I saw a

dark mist come out with the sound).....said........."G.o.o.d.. B.y.e" ............Turned and walked away...
Looking just as before, denim, boots and all

As if released from some hypnotic like power,..as I turned toward my son (with the realization that he was still

there) he was turnning his face to me with Eyes Wide Open a look of horror on it, the poor kid 'Screamed'....

......"What Was That ???"

I grabbed his arm and said..."Come On !!"... and pulled him into the house and slamed the door I held him

close to me and we rocked and cried.
I did not know how to explain to him what had just transpired. I wasn't really sure that I understood It
All I could tell him was, that it was something 'very, very bad.'

I have had many other extremely unusual experiences,but that one takes the # 1 spot ,
in my crazy world, on the 'Planet for the Insane.'

Thanks for listening

[edit on 20-10-2008 by azureskys]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

This is certainly one of the stranger accounts we've had on here. Thanks for taking the time to post it. So did you look for him again the next garbage day? I would have found all I could for him and been sitting at the window waiting. Be well.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Thank you S.S.

Oh ya ! I watched for his return for 6 months. I never saw him again.
But I will always remember it as is it happened this morning.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I love this thread. But, sometimes I think I would sleep better if I didn't read it.

I would be wondering which of the aspects I saw was the disguise. The second one would tend to keep people from "bothering" him, I would suspect....

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Hi Static Sky i apologize but i meant the following situation with the football match. I should have been more clear, it was sunday it was late.

As far as the lights and haze go that has been steady my whole life. Apart from being -3.25 in each eye my local optometrist did look into it when i first mentioned it (it took a few years for me to tell anyone i was about 11) but found nothing wrong.
I have talked to people who see lights before they have a really bad migraine and it sounds pretty similar but i very rarely get any headaches.

I do have what would be considered paranormal experiences but again they have happened my whole life so i don't even react anymore. It would be great if it got stronger or i developed some amazing gift but it stays the same all the time.
I guess time will tell.

This thread has been great i am amazed and severely creeped out by some peoples experiences.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hotjimarificson

Hello again Hotjimarificson. Thanks for checking back in. Thanks for clarifying too. I was a bit confused after your first post. It's a shame that nobody seems able to give you any clarification on what your eyes are seeing. I was wondering if maybe it was internal to your eyes, but any optometrist should have been able to spot that.

And the last thing you said, regarding this thread, I couldn't agree more. This thread is a huge success story in my opinion. Thanks again for posting and be well.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Wow, what an incredible experience. I hope your son wasn't traumatized.

I, for one, would be very interested in hearing more of your unusual experiences.

Thanks for sharing.

Be well.

L2L

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ive had plenty of weird and unexplainable experiences through out my life and its only when you start to count them up that it gets quite scary!!!
Im not a sceptic nor what could be called 'a believer' but I am open minded, accept that there are things I cannot understand and trust my own instinct and experiences.

My first house was a 200yr old cottage that had been gutted a was a mess when I bought it.my wife at the time was always scared of the house and said it was haunted!! I never really took her 2 seriously cos nothing particulaly 'strange had happened to me or when i was around, untill!!!

we were having a row one night when suddenly the stereo switched itself on ( it wasnt a remote control one and the power button was one of the proper mechanical latching types) that kinda stopped us both in our tracks and i certainly had that nasty shiver feeling. we then both decided enough was enough and went to bed. we had been in bed about 10 mins when one of the kids toys at the bottom of the bed started playing music byitself (an electronic pull-along tortuise) it made us both jump but I got out of bed to turn it off. 5 mins later it started again, I got out of bed the switch was still in the off position so annoyed i took the batteries out and threw it to the corner of the room. 5 mins later it played music again!!!! this time I was scared ****less and wouldnt even get out of bed to check it.
The following day that toy went into the bin. and I cannot explain how a toy plays music without batteries

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by must be a way

Hi, must be a way. It's good to see you. I think I would have got out of bed that last time and pitched the toy down the alley. LOL. that certainly is pretty freaky. It's a bit remenicent of those "Child's Play" movies of the early 90's. I definately agree with the bin, though. A toy that works while batteries are not in it, is clearly broken! LOL.

Thanks for taking a moment to post and be well. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I don't know how I could have missed this thread before but when I began reading it, I wanted to play too. I tried to think of an unusual experience and suddenly my memory opened wide and flooded me with so many recollections that I sat here fairly alarmed at how strange my life has actually been. How did I not notice the strangeness before?

Several years ago when I lived in Dallas in a very tiny house (about 630 sq. ft.) I was home alone in the middle of the day and washing dishes. I heard what sounded like a helicopter landing. It sounded so close that I figured it must be landing in the front yard. I dried my hands on a dishtowel and began walking toward the front yard. As I got to the living room I realized the sound was IN MY LIVING ROOM. Helicopters make a very distinctive sound. I know that I didn't mistake it for something else but there was, of course, no helicopter in my living room.

I stood in my living room looking at the furniture and wondering where this sound was coming from. On faith I reached my hand gingerly to where the sound was and, sure enough, nothing was there. Baffled, I walked the additional few steps to my front door and looked outside. Same front yard as always. I stepped onto the porch and looked onto the roof. Nothing but roof.

Genuinely creeped out but curious I walked around my entire tiny house (didn't take long) but saw no helicopter. I could still hear it in the house though. I walked back inside staring at the direction of the sound. Eventually, it began to fade. The direction of the sound didn't change; it was still directly in front of me, it just became lighter and lighter until it was gone. I had a plumber come to the house to check my water pipes but he said they were fine. I insisted that there must be something wrong with them and he crawled under the house again and had me turn on every faucet in the house. They were fine.

To this day I have no explanation whatsoever for how or why an invisible helicopter landed in my living room and then just faded away.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by whitewave]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Hi Whitewave. Thanks for taking a moment to share. This is an interesting story because it's not scary or freaky, but certainly is strange. This may be the first on this thread that fits that description. Nicely done and thanks again for taking the time to post.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
One more since this one is so fresh that I'm still puzzling over it.

Last night my son woke me up with his wallowing, restless bed syndrome. I tried to scoot further over to the edge but sharing a bed with him is like sleeping with a bag of alligators. Finally, in frustration, I turned to him and said, "Be Still!" He calmed down and I rolled back over and tried to get back to sleep.

I could hear his rhythmic breathing and feel his body warmth but I was too aggravated at having been awakened to quickly fall back asleep. As I lay there with my eyes fluttering between closed and open I began to realize that my son has his own room and doesn't sleep with me.

I opened my eyes fully and saw that my bedroom door was closed. Suddenly wide awake and fully freaked out I jumped out of bed and looked to see just who in the hell WAS in my bed. I yanked the covers back and flipped on the light. It was my son sleeping soundly. I racked my brain trying to figure out how and why he got in my bed but couldn't figure it out.

I left the room and walked into his room. There he was sleeping soundly in his own room in his own bed. I fairly ran back to my own room and my son was not in my bed. Needless to say, I was up for the rest of the night.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
My weird story. As a child I used to tell my mom when the phone was going to ring. True story, and we (my family) still talk about it from time to time.

I had no idea who it was or what the conversation was going to be about. I just heard a ringing in my head and would tell mom it was coming.

That gift left around the age of eight or nine. Still though, I can still remember it and I'm pushing fourty.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 28-10-2008 by tmbandt]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have a few experiences that come to mind...

Once while holidaying in Bali....was at the water park,was on way back to resort.My husband see's guy with ice cream cart...asks me do I want one?
I ask the guy what ice cream he has,he say's cornetto...the ones in the cone.....I reply....I wish you had just the normal paddle pops...without the cone.Then said, give me one anyway....start unwrapping it in front of the ice cream guy.....while my husband pays him.The guy starts looking at me strangly...and asks me ,do I do black magic....then I realise, whats wrong....the ice cream was wrapped like all the other cone shaped ones...but it had no cone!!! My wish had come true...I didn't want the cone ,just the ice cream...the ice cream guy,couldn't get away fast enough....If only I knew my wish would come tue...I would have wished for something better!

Anyway...have two children,while pregnant with each one....had reacurring dreams....dreamt...both times...about having emergency c-section....felt like I was floating ,looking down at myself...even seen what sex my baby was each time...both pregnancys ended up like each dream!

Also another odd experience...I am a florist...was at work...making casket cover...for delivery that afternoon....looked up from counter...saw old lady...grey white hair,blue dress...was walking into shop....I finished what I was doing,& went to serve her...but she was suddenly gone...my boss was standing near me...I asked her where the lady had gone,but she said she did not see anyone come into the shop.I finished the casket arrangement,my boss took it up the road, to the funeral home...the casket was open when she arrived....the flowers were for that service....it was an old lady ,grey white hair,blue dress,like I'd described...my boss knew staight away...this must have been the customer I'd seen come into the shop.I was freaked out when she told me ,when she came back...!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Great stuff guys! Thanks a lot for posting these. I love that this thread just keeps rolling right along.We're slowly closing in on 500 posts now! That's unbelievable to me. Cheers, all.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join