It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

Did your parents see it as well? Did it enter your house?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
UFO in westchester a long time ago.
There were two different sightings, one with the hang glider guys and the other was totally different.

Although I had a strange dream last night that I was eating cat parts..... WTH does that mean ?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Look for my post in paranormal called "Strange things as a child". Garauntee that you will enjoy it.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

parents never saw it , and after i had gotten to my parents room they walked with my back to the kitchen and my dog was walking around aggrevated but the thing was gone. but i was still scared #less.
i mean this happend so long ago but NOTHING has ever touched me and my life in the way that the "light man" has, i dont remeber gaining any knowledge or anything, i was calm at first untill it started to move closer to me and for some reason my mind just told my body to get the hell out of there

this house was in the woods in dayton ohio.
the only reason i saw this was because of my dog
but i wonder what made my dog get up from infront of my dog walk to the window and look out, and why did he start barking like crazy
man im just getting chils writting about this

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertnesta

parents never saw it , and after i had gotten to my parents room they walked with my back to the kitchen and my dog was walking around aggrevated but the thing was gone. but i was still scared #less.
i mean this happend so long ago but NOTHING has ever touched me and my life in the way that the "light man" has, i dont remeber gaining any knowledge or anything, i was calm at first untill it started to move closer to me and for some reason my mind just told my body to get the hell out of there

this house was in the woods in dayton ohio.
the only reason i saw this was because of my dog
but i wonder what made my dog get up from infront of my dog walk to the window and look out, and why did he start barking like crazy
man im just getting chils writting about this

I am too just reading your experience. Its 1:30 am here, and I've got to learn to stop reading this crud. Its really starting to take its toll on me, not that your story is crud but rather paranormal crud cuz its spooking me out lately. Anywho, I have heard many stories about a dogs ability to detect paranormal activity, or even see events ahead of time. Ghosts apparently talk on a different frequency that humans can't hear, perhaps dogs can, and he was calling out to your dog. Maybe this person just passed.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
A few years ago, after a long day out, I came home to an odd experience.

As soon as I unlocked the door and walked in, I felt this fullness of air hit me (kinda like when you leave a cool building to where it's really hot outside, you know how it kinda 'hits' you?) But instead of hot air, I 'felt' this very strong sense of my phone ringing non-stop... but it wasn't ringing.

About a minute later the phone rings and it's my sister yelling, "Where in the world have you been??!! I've been calling and calling you all day...."

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
lmao... um...

My son walked into the room, saw that I had just joined ATS (after being a lurker for a long time), went into the kitchen and grabbed some tin foil and, yup... stuck a tinfoil hat on my head just now...

anyone else have "that" experience??

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by misfitoy

haha, sometimes I feel like I need one of those hats.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
In 1985, when I was 9 years old my dad was in the Army and we moved to Leesville, Louisiana. We ended up renting a 3-bedroom house that was on a dirt road far out in the woods. I'll explain the set up of the house. When you first go in, you're in the living room. To the left was a small hallway to my parents' and my sister's bedrooms. Straight ahead in the living room was the entrance to the kitchen/dining room. You had to go through there to get to my bedroom which was to the left of the kitchen/dining room. The bathroom was also to the left. Both the bathroom and my bedroom looked like they were added to the house later cuz they both extended off from the house. My room even had it's own door that led outside, but there were no steps to use it, and we just had it blocked with my dresser. That room was weird cuz it would always be cold in there, even during the summer. It had one window with no curtains and outside was a fig tree and an abandoned, broken-down log cabin, which both looked eerie at night.

Anyway, one night I had just gotten into bed. My bedtime was 9 o'clock. I always kept my bedroom door open, and my mom and dad were in the living room watching TV, so there was a little bit of light. I hadn't even started falling asleep yet when I suddenly heard footsteps walking into my room. I didn't see anyone though, but could sense that someone was there. He walked into the room and around to the right side of my bed--I don't know why I imagine it was a "he." I got scared and went under my covers and my heart was beating ultra-fast. Finally, I got the courage to run to the living room. I asked my parents if one of them had just been back there to use the bathroom or something, but they said no, they'd been watching TV the whole time. I told them what happened and they told me to just go back to bed cuz I had school the next day! I had to sleep completely under the covers that night.

The only other weird thing that happened was one time I was sick with a fever, laying on the couch. The house was heated by these little gas heaters that lit up with flames. I suddenly had this vision of myself throwing my blanket into the flames and setting the house on fire. It was like something was trying to put the vision in my mind and make me do it. I just thought it must've been a quick dream or something that I had. That was the only other weird thing that happened to me in that house.

In 1987, we finally got to move into new base housing that had just been built. The first night in the new housing, I slept with the door closed and without covers. I didn't notice until that night that I had always been scared of the old house.

Sounds like the end of the story but there's more...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST:

Years later, in our new house, the electricity went out during the day, so we were sitting around the table talking and the subject came to ghosts and strange things. That was when I again mentioned what had happened to me in the old house. Well, my mom and dad decided to tell me what had happened to them in that house, which they never told us before cuz they didn't want my sister and I to be scared. On more than one occasion they'd wake up with the sheets wrapped tightly around their necks like someone was trying to choke them. One night, my mom woke up and saw three dark, shadowy ghosts dressed in robes next to her face with their hands around her neck. When she woke up and saw them, they immediately flew away, toward the ceiling and out of the room. She told my dad about it and he said he saw the same things on a different night. After that, they would always sleep with their closet light on.

We ended up moving to Killeen, Texas in 1993. In 2000, I got a temporary job working for the Army as a civillian and we ended up getting to work for a month in Leesville, Louisiana. Of course I had to go see the old house since I was back in town. One night, I was with an old friend driving around and suddenly decided to go drive out to see it. I'm surprised I remembered how to get to it. When I drove by there was a car outside and a slight, orange glow coming from the living room windows. My heart was racing as I drove by it, thinking I was going to see something. I still have dreams about that house. It's weird cuz I'm always on the roof in them and sometimes there's a second floor even though it was a one floor house. That's the experience I consider the strangest one I've had. There are a few more I'll have to post later.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertnesta
when i was about 6 or 7 i was in bed on a regular night, my dog, an akita would sleep infront of my closed bedroom door which connected into our kitchen (weird house).

LOL, that's how my bedroom was too. Weird houses, indeed...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Once when I was a kid of about 8, no 10, I was home alone my parents and siblings went to the store I decided to stay home and watch some tv it was hot out and I didnt feel like going anywhere. Not even half an hour after they left I started hearing things coming fromthe room right next to the living room, they sounded as though someone was moving around and muttering to themselves. I tried to play it off that my mind was playing tricks on me. Then it sounded as though someone had opened and closed the garage door to that room, the room was connected to the living room and the garage. I was freaked out and went in the backyard with the dogs until my parents came home.

One night me and a buddy were out having a smoke and chit chatting when we looked up and saw what looked like a giant triangle with dim yellow lights at each point fly quietly overhead. It was more creepy than exciting.

This one happened just the other night me and my buddy were out having a smoke in this neighborhood thats still under construction so its completely empty, around this empty neighborhood is some midly wooded area. We were just sitting outside my care talking about god knows what when my buddy stops and asks me if im hearing the people in the woods behind us. I look at him in disbelief and tell him its probably some animals or something. There was already a lot of movement which we knew was small animals. So we kept talking for a bit and he stops again and says "dude I dont know it sounds like theres somebody over there" so we get quiet and listen for anything. About thirty seconds go by and nothing but little critters in the grass, so I look to him and say " I told you its just some critters running around" and right as the words come out of my mouth from the woods directly behind us, me and him both hear and react to what sounded like an older woman laughing. It was one of the scariest things the laugh sent a chill straight to my bones because it wasnt a hearty heart warming laugh, it was like a cackling. Needless to say we got away from that place in a hurry.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by caballero]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Here's another strange thing since I finally feel like sharing them:

There were two posts in here about people using ouija boards and asking who'd they'd marry and the names ended up becoming true. Well, anyway, that happened to me, too. Except for the marriage part, as it's still illegal for me since I'm gay. Anyway, back in the 90s when I was in the US Air Force, my friends and I had a ouija board (and I've got even more stories from using that, too, but here's a quick one.) One time I was using it by myself and I asked it who my boyfriend would be (of course I couldn't ask that with anyone else around since it was "don't ask, don't tell.") It said MATT, and I knew someone named Matt and was like, is he gay? And it said YES, and I thought whatever, cuz I knew he wasn't and he had a wife, plus it's not like I was even into him. Well, I totally forgot about that and suddenly remembered it recently. And guess what? My boyfriend's name is Matt and we've been together since 2002! After I saw the posts in here about the same thing happening to other people I told him the story. I didn't at first cuz I was slightly embarrased to admit I asked a ouija board that question. LOL!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by caballero

This story is just more creepy than it is paranormal. My friend, the one that lived behind me again, and I were at my other buddies house, he too lives practically right behind me. Anyways, we were both underage, I was 20 he was 18, and we had been drinking at my buddies house. Anywho we ended up leaving his house and we walked down this path to this retention pond. It follows this stream and on one side is a whole bunch of little trees, weeds, and bushes. It is cluttered together so much that you can't see the houses on the other side, they are maybe 150 ft. away. On the other side is different houses. Anyways, we make it to this retention pond, which is empty, only has water in flooding, and sit on top of this hill. We begin talking about creepy things that have happened to us, as noted in a previous post, then all of a suddenly I begin to hear whistling. Its 2:30 in the morning. I look at my friend and I'm like do you hear this whistling? He listens and he begins to hear it, its pretty faint. Anywho, we continue talking and it begins to get louder as if it is approaching, finally after sitting there for a while and hearing it get closer we got spooked and ran to the side with the houses and into their front yards and on the street. We began walking, we walked around the block, and on the way back to my house I found $5 bill. We got to my house and suddenly I got this weird vibe about this bill, like I shouldn't keep it. So, I told my friend and we began to go put it back when we saw a cop car drive down a perpendicular road ahead of us. We stopped, and waited for it to leave. Then, I went to go put it back again, and another cop car came, saw us, asked for our ideas etc. Turns out up the road a house was broken into, and I guess they initially suspected us. Maybe its not as weird on paper as it actually was, but it was actually quite weird.

Another creepy story: I went to a completely separate friends house with 2 other friends there. We were hanging out, we were all there to spend the night. Anyways at about 1:30 am I heard someone walking around upstairs. I was like hey man, someone's upstairs, we were in his basement. My buddy who lived there said, no its just the dog. I told him that I disagreed, it was a person walking around upstairs, it was too big to be a dog. He then said, well if it is a person its probably my mom or dad, but trust me its my dog. I asked him if he was sure b/c I thought the footsteps sounded different. He said yes, and he told me that if I wanted I could go check. I told him only with other people, he said nope. I went to bed. Sure enough, the next morning we wake up to his mom telling us that someone had come into their house and stole my friends cell phone last night between 1-3 am. Their dog didn't run around that night nor did they. What I heard was the man who broke into their house.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Wow! I don't check in to ATS for 1 day and then I come back and find 2 new pages with tons of great stories and several new contibuters. Thanks to all for taking a bit of time to share. There's some really amazing stuff in here! And it looks like 2 more new members have started their ATS posting lives in this thread. Welcome to the show and thanks again.

And thanks to whomever gave this thread a flag. Cheers.

[edit on 5/17/2009 by Static Sky]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Yea me and my buddy we talking about the laughing later and came to the conclusion that it was more scary because it could have actually been a person messing around with us at like 3 in the morning. I mean you hear stories about this kind of thing all the time, there was once a hobo guy that would train hop from town to town. When he got in a new town he would hang around the less populated places and kill people. The zodiac killer also killed some people out in a woodsy area. So we were more scared of becoming a couple of murder victims than we were of being haunted.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero

Yea me and my buddy we talking about the laughing later and came to the conclusion that it was more scary because it could have actually been a person messing around with us at like 3 in the morning. I mean you hear stories about this kind of thing all the time, there was once a hobo guy that would train hop from town to town. When he got in a new town he would hang around the less populated places and kill people. The zodiac killer also killed some people out in a woodsy area. So we were more scared of becoming a couple of murder victims than we were of being haunted.

That would be scary to know someone was out there watching you at 3 am, but keep in mind, that is allegedly the hour when spirits become most active. On a related note to a serial killer, my girlfriend's father was walking to a party after parking his car. A man pulls up next to him asking him some questions, he then asks him if he wants a ride to the party. He says no, he said he could tell something was weird about the guy. Anywho, the guy ended up being John Wayne Gacy. Creepy

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
On a related note to a serial killer, my girlfriend's father was walking to a party after parking his car. A man pulls up next to him asking him some questions, he then asks him if he wants a ride to the party. He says no, he said he could tell something was weird about the guy. Anywho, the guy ended up being John Wayne Gacy. Creepy

Wow. That's a little too close for comfort. I worked with an older lady recently and when she was living around Vancouver years ago, she lived on the same street as Clifford Olson. She had little kids, too.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
My strangest experience has to be just after my first husband died. His uncle, whom he was very close to, came to me and told me he had a message for me... from my husband... he said that he knew what he was going to tell me would sound crazy, especially because I didn't know him very well but he asked me to trust him. He told me that the message was that I was in danger and that evil was "coming for you" (the wording 'coming for you' freaked me out). He then said that there would be new people coming into my life and that some of them would be pure evil pretending to be good and that they would be trying to send me down the wrong path but that I would have someone coming to protect me. That was the whole message and I dismissed it as him just being greif stricken and delusional.
Around a week or so later an old friend contacted me. She isn't connected in any way to my late husbands uncle and has never met him. She told me that her pastor asked to speak with her privately and told her that she had to get a message to me. I have never met him and she was surprised because he knew all about me but she had never discussed me with him before. I don't know anyone else at her church and she lives hundreds of miles away. The message was exactly the same.
I was pretty freaked out about it at the time but nothing like that has happened since.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
First let me say i have never told any 1 about my strange story mainly cos i think it is a bit childish and really hard to believe but my sister mother and my farther witnessed it.

when i was 5 years old me and the kids i played with used to have toy guns that fired reels of caps that bang ( i dont know what there called outside of the UK)

well one night me and the family were watching a magic show Paul Daniels i suspect, well the show had finished and i was fooling around pretending to do tricks, the next bit is were it gets strange,i said to my farther i'm going to magic some toy gun caps into my slipper ( i know it sounds silly but i was only 5!) i said hocus pocus and picked up the slipper that had been on the floor and to my absolute shock there was a role of caps in the slipper!

1 i had run out of caps cos as kids we used them up strait away
2 no one had chance to place them in the slipper cos it was a totally random childish thing that i had just decided to do, it was not planned!

this cannot be explained and of course the rest of the family thought i had set the whole thing up but NO.

its such a silly story you can see why i have never mentioned it cant you and cos it is so silly i think that makes it more believable. MENTAL!

any answers or similar happened to any of you? why do things just turn up like that?

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join