It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 29
148
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
reply to post by Static Sky
 


Interesting. So, if you began to believe in ghosts or demons or whatever, would you then change your mind as to there being a God b/c that means there is life outside these physical bodies?


I would have to admit to myself after such an instance, that I don't have it all figured out then like I thought I did. Of course, it would have to be an extrememly convincing and unexplainable event. But God is not the only other option.

Though it sounds hypocritical at first, my wife also doesn't believe in any idea of a God, but she does believe that ghosts or spirits exist in some form. To each there own, right?


Its also very interesting that you don't believe in God, or even these happenings, yet you made a post about and have had paranormal experiences throughout your life, not saying you don't just saying its interesting.


Fair enough. But again, why would some form of 'human essance' or what some may call souls, actually have to be related to some form of a God? Not all scales are from fish. Snakes also have them.


Lets say for instance that somehow souls could be proven real. Also ghosts are proven to be real essances of past humans that somehow may linger either aware or unaware (like an echo of sorts). That to me does not necessarily prove there is a God of any sort.

An alternate idea could be that the Earth itself is somehow alive in some way and really is a sort of mother to all things on her. Perhaps our souls are in fact borrowed from her in some way, and returned to her when we return to the soil.

Or perhaps there is some validity in the holographic universe hypothesis and all apparitions are something akin to white noise at the source. Something like shadow puppets, then.




posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Static Sky

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
reply to post by Static Sky
 


Interesting. So, if you began to believe in ghosts or demons or whatever, would you then change your mind as to there being a God b/c that means there is life outside these physical bodies?


I would have to admit to myself after such an instance, that I don't have it all figured out then like I thought I did. Of course, it would have to be an extrememly convincing and unexplainable event. But God is not the only other option.

Though it sounds hypocritical at first, my wife also doesn't believe in any idea of a God, but she does believe that ghosts or spirits exist in some form. To each there own, right?


Its also very interesting that you don't believe in God, or even these happenings, yet you made a post about and have had paranormal experiences throughout your life, not saying you don't just saying its interesting.


Fair enough. But again, why would some form of 'human essance' or what some may call souls, actually have to be related to some form of a God? Not all scales are from fish. Snakes also have them.


Lets say for instance that somehow souls could be proven real. Also ghosts are proven to be real essances of past humans that somehow may linger either aware or unaware (like an echo of sorts). That to me does not necessarily prove there is a God of any sort.

An alternate idea could be that the Earth itself is somehow alive in some way and really is a sort of mother to all things on her. Perhaps our souls are in fact borrowed from her in some way, and returned to her when we return to the soil.

Or perhaps there is some validity in the holographic universe hypothesis and all apparitions are something akin to white noise at the source. Something like shadow puppets, then.


Interesting and fair enough. I don't want to change the direction of this very interesting thread with discussions of God's existence. Anyways, I think your view is unique and very interesting.



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555
 


Thank you for adding much to this thread. The bottom line for me is simple. The only thing I'm absolutely certain of, is that nobody has it all figured out for sure. So it would be foolish to close ones mind to other ideas then. Be well.



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
As of late I've been seeing 'moving people', I wouldn't call them shadow people as I do not like that term. Sometimes they are right in front of me, other times the are in the corner of my eye.



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyfrompain
 


I'd never really heard of this until I started this thread. There are several accounts of such things on here. I still don't really know what to think of it but it's certainly interesting.



posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Okay so I wanted to post this since it just happened yesterday. I went over my neighbor's house( a close friend of Mine.) Her little girl was sitting on the floor looking up to the corner/ceiling area beside the couch and talking to someone. I said "_______, who are you talking to????" she said"My new friend, a spirit" I called down the hall for her mother, my friend, as she had gone to the bathroom, and told her what happened telling her that her daughter is freaking me out!!!! Okay so it was storming and raining here and a wind pushed rain onto the windows; they have an overhang so normally the window won't get wet unless the wind blows the rain on it. well a few seconds after that I notice the very clear outline of an adult sized handprint on the window and the rest of the window appeared dry again. I said it's probably like oil or dirt someone left on the window from their hand, but I have never seen this before. Needless to say, I am glad I don't live there!!!!

There's another thing, as long as I can remember anywhere I lived if they were ever calling for severe weather (Like hurricanes, flooding, tornadoes, etc) They would simply dissappear long before reaching the town I lived in. We had a tornado watch till 7PM last night here and of course, we were in it's direct path. It simply calmed down and the tornado that had touched down on 75 and I4 simply fell apart. I might also say that when I was very small I was next to a giant tree in my yard during a lightening storm and the lightening hit two feet away from me; I didn't even get any kind of shock, nothing! I am a kind of storm watcher so I am many of times out when it's lightning. So when I moved into another house when I was 29 there was a thunderstorm that split a tree in half two feet from my house. Our electric didn't even get affected, in fact we were home all night and never even heard the tree get struck. Well living here in Florida we had several hurricanes that were heading straight for us, too, but they simply turned at the last minute and went out into the gulf or hit other land on the west of the gulf. I have been away from my hometown for like 6 years and halfway through that, they got flooded(I know cause I visited right after the flooding and a bridge was taken out by it) In all the years I lived there that never happened in that area of NJ. The only thing we ever got severe were blizzards. So apparently it doesn't work for snow with me. I really think that someone or something keeps the dangerous weather from hitting me wherever I live at the moment. Also, another interesting thing about me. I seem to be an anti ghost type of person. I had paranormal things happen to me, but none of them ghosts unless they were family. If somebody tells me they have had trouble which seemingly has to do with a spirit; if I go there all the stuff that happens to them while I am not around will stop as long as I am there. I went to Gettysburg with the class and my group never saw or heard any kind of activity, but other groups of kids were talking about wierd things that happened while they were in certain areas of the tour. We were in second grade so we were all still young enough to be open. I say that I only ever had family come to me because when My grandmother on my dad's side died I was staying at my other grandmother's house for the weekend, and I heard her voice call my name. I was drunk,very drunk. I knew it was the other grandmother who's voice I heard but I went to my grandmother I was staying with and asked her what she wanted, well she didn't answer, just continued snoring. The next day in the early morning my brother calls and I said"Grandma died" before he could even say a word and he was like"how did you know" I said "you wouldn't beleive me if I told you!" Of course I was drunk and also psychic anyway, so I put it down to a vivid sensory vision, and not to a ghost most of the time. Just if anything to keep my sanity! Ghosts creep me out.



posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity
 


Thanks for continuing to add quality content to this thread. We'll take all we can get.


As for the hand on the window, I must admit, my mind would have gone exactly where yours did. I'd try and think of a logical explaination first. I would have also thought of someone touching it with a dirty hand. Perhaps a kind of oily residue or something.

Anyways, thanks again and be well.



posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by eddiemaiden_80
I use to have funny turns where time would actually speed up. It was very strange....I was sat in maths class once and I had a funny turn, the teacher was writing on the blackboard but at an incredible speed....Even listing to people on the radio was odd as they were talking at a high rate of speed.


Interesting i once had my kundalini activated and was very very energised I sat down on a bench and watching shadow people flying past me, at roughly the same time I also watched as the sun quickly went accross the sky in a matter of minutes rather than hours.



posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
A little over a year ago, I was a stage manager for my school's musical. Seeing as there were over 70 people involved, (between the actors/singers, band, techs, ect.) the stage managers and one of the teachers had a walkie-talkie to keep in touch, especially during intermission. Well, I was sitting backstage, during the first half, watching the show during an off time of my duties, when all of a sudden I hear the voice of a young lady saying things like "I'm scared," "Please help me," and "I'm in trouble." I tried to respond, but no one would answer. I was one of two females that had a walkie-talkie, and the other female's voice was lower than that of the voice that I heard. During intermission, I asked everyone if they had heard anything, and they didn't. Needless to say, it kind of freaked me out.

This isn't as weird, but when I was about ten, I was visiting my Grandparents. They lived out in the middle of no where, complete with dirt road, barn, horses, etc. One of the cats there had had kittens no too long ago, and one was a Siamese. I had always wanted a Siamese kitten, so my Grandfather said that if I could catch it, then I could take it home. My cousin then set up his raccoon/skunk trap and put some cat food in it. We closed the barn door and left. A few hours later, I went back out to the barn to check and see if a cat was in the trap. At the exact moment that I opened the door, that Siamese kitten set off the trap. I thought it was weird at the time, but now it kind of weirds me out (and no, I didn't get to keep the cat).

The last one that I know of is probably the weirdest story I remember. I was probably seven or eight. It was late at night and everyone was asleep except for me. I was in bed, just looking around when I noticed something that looked highly like a Grim Reaper was walking into my parents bedroom. I remember thinking that I needed to go wake my dad up (my mom was sleeping in my room) and tell him that something was walking into his room, but half a second later I told myself that everything was ok and that I could go back to sleep. Needless to say, I went back to sleep and have yet to see anything like that at that house again, and we moved a few years later.



posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I had a brush in my youth with what I can only call enlightenment.

it was an overwhelming experience... that I cannot even attempt to describe...

I whispered to myself I'm afraid...

and it was gone.

I was left breathless and dazed...

and I have never experienced anything like it again.



posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Okay so I wanted to post this since it just happened yesterday. I went over my neighbor's house( a close friend of Mine.) Her little girl was sitting on the floor looking up to the corner/ceiling area beside the couch and talking to someone. I said "_______, who are you talking to????" she said"My new friend, a spirit" I called down the hall for her mother, my friend, as she had gone to the bathroom, and told her what happened telling her that her daughter is freaking me out!!!! Okay so it was storming and raining here and a wind pushed rain onto the windows; they have an overhang so normally the window won't get wet unless the wind blows the rain on it. well a few seconds after that I notice the very clear outline of an adult sized handprint on the window and the rest of the window appeared dry again. I said it's probably like oil or dirt someone left on the window from their hand, but I have never seen this before. Needless to say, I am glad I don't live there!!!!

There's another thing, as long as I can remember anywhere I lived if they were ever calling for severe weather (Like hurricanes, flooding, tornadoes, etc) They would simply dissappear long before reaching the town I lived in. We had a tornado watch till 7PM last night here and of course, we were in it's direct path. It simply calmed down and the tornado that had touched down on 75 and I4 simply fell apart. I might also say that when I was very small I was next to a giant tree in my yard during a lightening storm and the lightening hit two feet away from me; I didn't even get any kind of shock, nothing! I am a kind of storm watcher so I am many of times out when it's lightning. So when I moved into another house when I was 29 there was a thunderstorm that split a tree in half two feet from my house. Our electric didn't even get affected, in fact we were home all night and never even heard the tree get struck. Well living here in Florida we had several hurricanes that were heading straight for us, too, but they simply turned at the last minute and went out into the gulf or hit other land on the west of the gulf. I have been away from my hometown for like 6 years and halfway through that, they got flooded(I know cause I visited right after the flooding and a bridge was taken out by it) In all the years I lived there that never happened in that area of NJ. The only thing we ever got severe were blizzards. So apparently it doesn't work for snow with me. I really think that someone or something keeps the dangerous weather from hitting me wherever I live at the moment. Also, another interesting thing about me. I seem to be an anti ghost type of person. I had paranormal things happen to me, but none of them ghosts unless they were family. If somebody tells me they have had trouble which seemingly has to do with a spirit; if I go there all the stuff that happens to them while I am not around will stop as long as I am there. I went to Gettysburg with the class and my group never saw or heard any kind of activity, but other groups of kids were talking about wierd things that happened while they were in certain areas of the tour. We were in second grade so we were all still young enough to be open. I say that I only ever had family come to me because when My grandmother on my dad's side died I was staying at my other grandmother's house for the weekend, and I heard her voice call my name. I was drunk,very drunk. I knew it was the other grandmother who's voice I heard but I went to my grandmother I was staying with and asked her what she wanted, well she didn't answer, just continued snoring. The next day in the early morning my brother calls and I said"Grandma died" before he could even say a word and he was like"how did you know" I said "you wouldn't beleive me if I told you!" Of course I was drunk and also psychic anyway, so I put it down to a vivid sensory vision, and not to a ghost most of the time. Just if anything to keep my sanity! Ghosts creep me out.


Was the handprint on the inside oft he window or outside the window? She could have been talking to someone outside the house.



posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I saw a ufo in New Lenox IL in 1995, a red and gold ball that followed my friend and I in our car, it was about .5 miles away from us, we could see it out of the passenger side window where I was sitting, probably for about 40 seconds, the colors messed in and out and it got slightly bigger and smaller. Then it went up in the air a little then at unbelieveable speed went down and disappeared. I really never tell that story, I did once and someone said they saw the story on unsolved mysterys, if anybody ever finds the episode please send me the like to it thanks



posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by excelents
As mentioned I have had many odd experiences and reading about others sleep disorders etc heres mine (when the experience occurs).

The experience always occurs to me when its near sleep and for whatever reason without me realising I have tricked my brain into thinking I am asleep but I am not yet I am somewhere between.

There is a place that I can visit, I use the phrase visit as if I have a choice but its more like i'm forced there not by anything / entity just that when I realise where I am I know its the place.

The place is here or my immediate surroundings outside of my house or close by however it is completely in darkness and the best way to describe it is when theres a power cut and everything about your familiar humdrum surroundings suddenly take on a slightly nervous feel.

I can see across the road and other buildings and on occasion see other humanoid shapes / people who seem to be able to do extraordinary feats / skills (on one occasion one humanoid appeared to be carrrying a grand piano on its back) now you could say "ah well that was a dream" and yes I could reason and look at it logically however I have been to this place on several occasions.

It doesn't so much scare me as makes me nervous when I realise where I am. I have since the early 1990's when I noticed this have also felt a prescence / weight on top of me pushing me down (on the edge of sleep) and on each and every occasion I have literally had to place both hands flat beneath my chest and physically like doing a push up at the gym pushed back and on each occasion have won the battle.

An interesting event happened the last time whilst in the place I took hold of the situation a little more as I have become accustomed to the place although of course I got a little more scared however I knew I wasn't asleep and also aware of the prescence pushing down on me.

I said to my GF in bed "you have to help me I can't get back out just yet" (indicating i wasnt in trouble just ready to be pulled out) She said my name several times as she wasn't the most level headed person (we have since split) so I told her again "just be ready to shake me when I tell you" she shook me of course and again I said "wait" I forget what happened next but at that point it was sufficient for me to leave the place and asked her to shake me which she did and I was "awake" throughout all these experiences though I have never felt or been paralysed like others have mentioned and yes I have also felt the catlike crawl across the bed of the prescence (as I own a cat) however when I feel the weight pushing down it is extremely heavy and larger than a cat and seems to cover my entire back region.

I sleep on my front I wish I could sleep on my back but I get nightmares when I do that so go figure !



This reminded me of this story:
paranormal.about.com...
There was another good one but I can't find it just now.


This gave me chills because I too have "visted" this place. Not the same story but I was working nights and not sleeping very regularly.

I laid down to go to bed and I remember looking at the clock and it read 10:33. I closed my eyes and it literally felt as though I opened them right back up. For some reason I decided to get up. I went to turn the light in my room on and nothing happened. I thought the power must have went out but when I looked over at my digital clock and the time was 10:35. So instantly I'm thinking to myself, "what the hell is going on here". So I walk out into the living room and try the lights out there, nothing. So I'm really confused because the lights wont work but my clock is working and I can see the clock on the microwave is working as well. I decide to grab my really good flashlight that i keep next to the front door. I try to turn it on and it doesnt work. I instantly have this overwhelming feeling of dread. I felt like I had to get out of the house. So I try to open the front door and it will not open, so I run to the backdoor, and I cant open that one either. Then I turn around and I see my dog sitting in front of me(only had him a few months so he is quite young), I watch my dog age from pup to old crippled dog in several seconds, at this point I completely panic because I cant figure out what is happening.

Then I wake up gasping for air in my bed, covered in sweat, completely disoriented and terrified. I look over at the clock and its 10:37.

I have never before or since had a dream that was more lucid or real feeling. My house was exactly as it was, everything was where it should have been and the only difference was that it was really dark and i couldnt get any lights to work and I had a very un-nerving feeling the whole time I was dreaming. What I find really strange is that all of this happened in a 5 minute period. I fell asleep, slipped into dream sleep and woke back up in 5 minutes or less. And I never even realized that I fell asleep.

This dream might not seem very scary and even as I type this and read it, its not very scary but the feeling it left me with is unexplainable. It absolutely terrified me and I have never had a dream that scared me like this before. And I have had strange dreams where much crazier things happen but it how I felt while I was dreaming. I was completely lucid and I can only explain it as my wakeful brain, attempting to come to terms with my dreaming brain.



posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
2 more experiences that come to mind.

The first happened when I was about 9 years old walking back home from school, suddenly my perspective shifts and I see myself from above. I then re-enter my body and boom I have a whole set of new memories and get the clear feeling that I have merged with someone else who has just died. Anway I remember thinking ah i think this is where I live just before walking into my house. Gradually over the next few days I recall how this person died along with saying goodbye to his family and many other memories. The interesting thing is I feel very at one with the soul that entered like there is no difference between us.

Some weeks pass and I'm out shopping with my mum when I pass a music store with a poster of a musician (the dead me) in the window, it was like I was looking in a mirror, suddenly the words 'so that's immortality' came to mind. The funny thing is that I didn't understand the words at that age yet understood what it meant.

The second odd thing that happened to me was about the same age back in 1979 when I had a dream in which I was playing a gameboy on a display in a department store. Bear in mind this is some 10 years before it was invented. It's gets better 15 years later I live that same day and play that same gameboy in exactly the surroundings I remembered. For those of you interested that was a very weird day for me as not only was my kundalini activated but also I was suffering from heat stroke without realising it. I believe the combination of these forces created a small enough wormhole for my consciousness to travel through time!!!



posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by johntime32
I saw a ufo in New Lenox IL in 1995, a red and gold ball that followed my friend and I in our car, it was about .5 miles away from us, we could see it out of the passenger side window where I was sitting, probably for about 40 seconds, the colors messed in and out and it got slightly bigger and smaller. Then it went up in the air a little then at unbelieveable speed went down and disappeared. I really never tell that story, I did once and someone said they saw the story on unsolved mysterys, if anybody ever finds the episode please send me the like to it thanks
you said it at an unbelievable speed it went down and disappeared... like down into the ground or like it went down than shot up?



posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I remembered one more experience I had.

I was watching a show like paranormal experiences or something on CBS, it was on at midnight on Sunday. Anyways, I'm watching it and they are talking about guardian angels, and they say "everyone has a guardian angel." I then said aloud, I don't know if that's true. Then something fell from the medicine cabinent to the counter, which is at the back of the kitchen I was in the family room, which is connected to the kitchen, but opposite end. No one else is around. When I uttered those words at that exact moment the Aspirin fell. Perhaps it was poorly placed in there, but everyone had been asleep for a while, and I hadn't used them. Why pick that exact moment to fall?



posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555
 


It was on the outside of the window. Like I said it probably was just someone had grease or oil on their hand and had touched the window it was just the timing of it showing up right after the kid said she was talking to a spirit.



posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
First, I'd like to say I've enjoyed reading and checking periodically for new posts in this thread. I've had a few strange experiences myself and finally decided to post one of them, a quick one:

This happened when I was visiting home. I was sleeping in my sister's room and there was a telephone in it, so she snuck in to use the phone to talk with her boyfriend late at night. Anyway, I suddenly woke up and saw her on the phone with this terrified look on her face. I was like why are you looking at me like that? She said it was what I just said to her. I said I didn't say anything to her, and she said that I was laughing in my sleep, and she asked me why I was laughing.

She said that I kept saying "that's what everyone does when..." and then I'd laugh some more. And I'd say that again and laugh. Then she said "that's what everyone does when what?" And suddenly my voice changed and said "that's what everyone does when they're possessed!" I told her I didn't remember saying any of that.

I'll post more strange experiences next time.




posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PineappleXpress
First, I'd like to say I've enjoyed reading and checking periodically for new posts in this thread. I've had a few strange experiences myself and finally decided to post one of them, a quick one:

This happened when I was visiting home. I was sleeping in my sister's room and there was a telephone in it, so she snuck in to use the phone to talk with her boyfriend late at night. Anyway, I suddenly woke up and saw her on the phone with this terrified look on her face. I was like why are you looking at me like that? She said it was what I just said to her. I said I didn't say anything to her, and she said that I was laughing in my sleep, and she asked me why I was laughing.

She said that I kept saying "that's what everyone does when..." and then I'd laugh some more. And I'd say that again and laugh. Then she said "that's what everyone does when what?" And suddenly my voice changed and said "that's what everyone does when they're possessed!" I told her I didn't remember saying any of that.

I'll post more strange experiences next time.




That's pretty f'n creepy.



posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
when i was about 6 or 7 i was in bed on a regular night, my dog, an akita would sleep infront of my closed bedroom door which connected into our kitchen (weird house). well every single night my dog slept there, well on this particular night my dog was barking like crazy, my parents room was on the opposite side of the house, so i got up to inspect like a normal adventurous kids, well i walked into the kitchen (which is ontop of the garage) and noticed my dog was standing infront of our huge bay windows which looked out over the driveway.
i walked up to the dog, and looked out the window, and about 50-60 feet away, standing in the middle of the street was the shape of a human, except this human was glowing. it was as if a man had been made of light bulbs and was glowing so bright but it did not affect the area around itself, it was only bright, you couldnt see if it was wearing clothes, or see any features, it was a pure human male form made out of light.
well my dog was going INSANE barking and after being in a trance staring at this thing for about 10 seconds i noticed it was moving from the middle of the street to the edge of my driveway, and at the moment i RAN to my parents room screaming my lungs out, i was so scared, and my parents had heard the dog barking so they were about ready to get up.
to this day no event has touched me in the way that did
i call it the light man, and i have never heard any story similar or seen anything i could compare with.
it was amazing though, i wish i could see it again.




top topics



 
148
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

log in

join