It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifth human foot found in Canada

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
nasty serial killer alert on this one I feel.

Up river, dumps parts into the water, they flow down stream....

ewww.......

Another 'pig farmer' killing hundred of folks maybe ? nasty what ever it is.

If this is a serial killer leaving bits of his victims to toy with police, we should know soon enough. In all likelyhood, all the media attention will prompt him to start dumping even more of his foot collection.

(FYI, my gut says the police are keeping things out of the media because of the pig farmer case. )

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
sixth foot has been found

www.canada.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

I understand your statement that the feet must be remaining because they are floating due to the shoe still being attached. That really wasn't my argument.. So 6 chopped up human bodies dumped into the water like this, and nothing would be discovered? It could very well be that some parts of these bodies will be discovered later on, and we are only seeing the feet washing up because of the shoe being attached. But all there is evidence of right now is feet washing ashore. Right feet for men, left feet for women (whatever the heck that is supposed to symbolize).

I also think it would be highly unlikely this would be someone with a "foot fetish" as was also talked about on page 1 because of the simple fact that the shoes are still attached. And if a serial killer were to go through all the trouble of killing these people just to cut their feet off because of a foot fetish, why would that serial killer then dispose of them like this? And with the shoes attached no less..

It is possible that these people were all murdered at one location and the feet simply floated off to different areas. I only say this because of the simple fact that if a killer were to hear about these feet on the news, he/she probably wouldn't continue making the same mistake by leaving the shoes attached (unless the feet dumping was deliberate which doesn't make any sense) . Yet the feet are still being discovered with shoes attached and we have no evidence of any bodies to go with them (and we probably won't, especially if the bodies are in pieces which were chopped/cut off like just like the feet were).

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Seventh foot I heard on local ohio news tonight. Not much forensic information being leaked. Old, newer?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Seventh foot I heard on local ohio news tonight. Not much forensic information being leaked. Old, newer?

I've searched a number of news sites and can't find a reference to a seventh foot.
Does anyone have a link to lucky number 7 ???

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
reply to post by Tuebor

I understand your statement that the feet must be remaining because they are floating due to the shoe still being attached. That really wasn't my argument.. So 6 chopped up human bodies dumped into the water like this, and nothing would be discovered? It could very well be that some parts of these bodies will be discovered later on, and we are only seeing the feet washing up because of the shoe being attached. But all there is evidence of right now is feet washing ashore. Right feet for men, left feet for women (whatever the heck that is supposed to symbolize).

It could be the two halves, yin-yang sort of thing.

I also think it would be highly unlikely this would be someone with a "foot fetish" as was also talked about on page 1 because of the simple fact that the shoes are still attached. And if a serial killer were to go through all the trouble of killing these people just to cut their feet off because of a foot fetish, why would that serial killer then dispose of them like this? And with the shoes attached no less..

He could very well see these as trophies & he now knows that they are being found. He keeps one half for himself while goating the police with the other half.

It is possible that these people were all murdered at one location and the feet simply floated off to different areas.

The only reason I don't see this as possible is because the rate of decay on these latest ones would have likely seperated whatever tissue was left from the shoe. (we'd be finding empty shoes)

I only say this because of the simple fact that if a killer were to hear about these feet on the news, he/she probably wouldn't continue making the same mistake by leaving the shoes attached (unless the feet dumping was deliberate which doesn't make any sense) . Yet the feet are still being discovered with shoes attached and we have no evidence of any bodies to go with them (and we probably won't, especially if the bodies are in pieces which were chopped/cut off like just like the feet were).

-ChriS

Serial killers are creatures of habit & often times will not deviate from their set pattern. (unless they are escalating)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Wow, this is the first I have heard about this case - and I live in Canada...

On the first page, NGC2736, posted a profile of what the Killer could be, I have to say that I definitely agree. (Did you take a profiling class or something?
). I would say its probably a Fisherman - since most of these are popping up along the Coast right? OR A business person who has the resources and as said, privacy, to indulge in this little game.

From looking at the severed part, they should be able to tell HOW the foot became dismembered from the body. They should be able to tell if it was a blade, a saw, or by force. This probably doesn't matter much, but what is the make of the shoe?

Out of the 6 (or 7?) feet that have been found, do any of them match each other? Does the one odd Left foot match any of the others? What is the nationality of the victim? And are all of the victims women? or are they men?

I think the foot is left behind as a calling card. In my personal opinion, the Killer started off killing and probably destroying the whole body. When the thrill of killing wore off, they started to leave behind the foot - perhaps the added publicity (or lack thereof since everyone I've talked to about this has NO idea what I'm talking about - no ones even heard of this where I live right now - in canada) is fueling some sort of pleasure for them? When that wears off, perhaps legs will start to come up, or other body parts.

Just some thoughts...

- Carrot

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Even though I think the feet found so far are not the work of a serial killer, I wonder if there will soon be copy cats leaving feet around for people to find.

I think the feet are from Tsunami victims.

Curtis Ebbesmeyer, a U.S. authority on ocean currents and drifting objects, said a disarticulated foot could float for up to 1,600 kilometres in a buoyant sneaker.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Tuebor

-ChriS

Sorry, I don't mean to single out just your post but no officials have said that the bodies were "chopped up" and dumped in the water. Unless you have inside knowledge on the case !! One of the earlier theories by investigators was a plane crash and the victims lost their feet in the crash. It would be perfectly plausible that the other body parts were consumed by sea life or just decayed. Again, the feet (in the shoe) were not eaten , thus they were found washed up on the beaches.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I' ve done some sailing in those parts, and if I remember my charts very well, then it's very very unlikely that these parts came from asia tsunami etc. Currents, I believe, would deposit such items in the ' vortex' with all the other junk.
Also, biomass in this part of the world is primarily bottom... anything that floats would have a greater chance of preservation.
Still proximity indicates a local event or events,wether human or animal caused.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Here's an interesting link to a Facebook page that's dedicated to the men that have gone missing in the same area as the feet have been found.

www.facebook.com...

And this:

They are all young, healthy men with everything to live for.

And they've all been classified as missing persons.

A number of recent high-profile missing-persons cases have caused public speculation about whether the cases could be linked.
Candice Thompson started a Facebook group, Missing Men in B.C. 'Police need to look at this more closely,' she says.

While police insist they have not found any connections between the disappearances of nine Lower Mainland men in the past two years, family and friends are beginning to push for further investigation.

"When you look at their pictures and you see that they're all about the same age, the same height and the same weight, you wonder what is going on here?" Lori Kahler said yesterday.

www.canada.com...

[edit on 18/6/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
i admittedly didnt have time to read through the whole thread right now so sorry if my 2 cents are redundant by now. BUT:::

deep down inside you want to believe: its BIGFOOT Angry at us encroaching on his territory perhaps? or maybe his brain is evolving, starting to think like a human, and with it coming violence and menace? theyre starting to migrate, moving out of their ancient home in the mountains.. flaunting his pedal superiority by mocking our small feet (relatively.. mine are size 15..) the latest one was a straight cut across the leg bone.. Thats Right!!! they've learned to use tools!! expect their foot-rage wrought upon us all, and they will wipe us out like buffalo. in 2012.

for a low monthly fee it would be wise to join my sasquatch-worshipping cult and give me money to appease my good friend King Sasquatch*, the only one who can save you from the cull. He says payment in cash only and triple cheeseburgers. and chicks, too.

-----DISCLAIMER--------------------
*King Sasquatch may or may not be a real sasquatch king but rather a replica suit from harry and the hendersons worn by a drunk for payment in gin. Must be 18 or over. Long distance charges may apply.

(Edited to remove promises of 40 sasquatch virgins in the afterlife)

[edit on 18-6-2008 by kidney thief]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kidney thief

As much as I'd like to think bigfoot might be involved, there are some facts that seem to point away from that theory.

1 - These discoveries of feet, to my knowledge, do not directly correlate with known/verifiable missing persons cases.
Someone was very smart about how they went about this (perhaps even importing victims from the U.S.). It's also possible these victims are/were being selected because they have no direct family members which would likely immediately report them as missing.

2 - To my knowledge the sixth foot was confirmed to be cut off (although we really aren't hearing anything more than vague references to this). Bigfoot would have to know how to wield a knife or other cutting tool. Although a bigfoot would have the strength to do it, would a bigfoot even know what a knife was? I'm not convinced.

3 - There is a very specific relationship between sex of the victim and the foot discovered. To my knowledge it is a left foot for women, a right foot for men. Why would bigfoot do such a thing, and why with the shoes still attached (Bigfoot would probably be pretty curious about shoes too)?

reply to post by Tuebor

I wasn't saying that for sure there were six bodies somewhere, but if there are actually dumped bodies, since the feet seem to be chopped off it seems likely that the rest of the body would also be chopped up for disposal purposes (decreasing the likelihood that the body would eventually float to the surface and be discovered.. hence, the police having more forensic evidence to match with the feet of the victims).

It seems more likely that feet would be found first because of the floating shoe situation, but so far 6 people's feet have been discovered and no bodies or bodyparts. Either the feet were deliberately put there without the rest of the bodies, OR the feet were simply parts of the rest of the body that were disposed of in this fashion, and eventually floated around to later be discovered on the shoreline. Either way, the feet were chopped off and dumped in the water. What I'm saying is that there is very likely much more going on here than just feet being discovered. The fact that the sex of the feet don't correspond to known local missing person cases shows that these people were probably kidnapped or picked up elsewhere and brought to this site (possibly even from the U.S. Who knows) I'm just basically connecting the cognitive dots and thinking about the possibilities.

Anyone with the intelligence enough to research their victims beforehand like that is going to have the intelligence not to keep making the same mistake of giving law enforcement forensic evidence to build a case off of. Since the feet have apparently been cut, either there are unknown victims somewhere in canada with no feet (probably unlikely, especially considering people would notice), or the victims are simply dead or were left for dead with one foot.

It's possible that people have been being kidnapped, brought to this remote location in Canada, they have one of their feet chopped off, and for what? There are many possibilities

-Human hunts.. cutting off a foot would even the playing field.

-A killer wants his/her/their victims to suffer extreme emotional and physical pain before they perish alone in the Canadian wilderness with one foot and a bleeding stump.

OR someone simply transported the victims to this remote location, dismembered their bodies, and dumped their remains in the water only to have the feet (still with the shoes attached) eventually discovered. But you would think someone dismembering a corpse would notice that the stupid shoe floats as soon as the dismembered foot was tossed in the water. It doesn't make sense..

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
If the sixth foot was indeed removed by force then I fear it may be a copy cat foot. The police will soon have their hands full.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Could they be from bodies dumped in the sea from the US prison ships? Perhaps the ankles get damaged/broken from shackles!! hence separate from the leg easily so end up on the shore.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Unlikely to be tsunami victims as the currents in the area travel counter-clockwise, taking things away from the lower mainland, not towards.

All forensic reports state that the feet were NOT cut off. An eyewitness at the 6th says she believes it was cut, but that is still to be determined.

Bodies sink. Sea life feeds on them. They fall apart into 10 or so pieces. Saponification occurs. Pieces float, especially when aided by a bouyant shoe.

A running shoe is much more noticable on a beach than, say, a piece of arm tangled in kelp and driftwood, hence more likely to be found. Also, the protection of the shoe helps prevent predation, making the foot the body part most likely to remain intact until found.

Boats capsize, boats sink. Planes crash. People fall in the water accidentally or intentionally. People die without being murdered. It really amazes me that people are so quick to jump on the serial killer theory when there are so many plausable explanations.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

OR someone simply transported the victims to this remote location, dismembered their bodies, and dumped their remains in the water only to have the feet (still with the shoes attached) eventually discovered. But you would think someone dismembering a corpse would notice that the stupid shoe floats as soon as the dismembered foot was tossed in the water. It doesn't make sense..

-ChriS

Could be true, when you think about it, there might be a LOT more dead bodies out there in the sea, this is all that turned up. I assume if there really are other body parts in the sea, that the running shoes they are wearing is the cause of them successfully washing up on shore.

Makes sense right? shoes make them come to shore?

[edit on 19-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
People watch too much CSI and TV. You are making this way more complex than you need to. I guess I'm barking up the wrong tree since this is a conspiracy forum
but IMHO the feet washing up on BC coastline is just a coincidence. Media tends to sensationalize it and people tend to go along with hollywood-type theories. Serial killer, Asian street gangs, etc are a product of our collective cultural imaginations. We want to believe it's something from a James Patterson novel when it is really just a simple explanation. A boating accident, plane crash or drowning victims seem the likely answer.

THe more I think about the tsunami the more unlikely it seems. 2 of the feet were men's size 12 and I gotta think that is a shoe size that is very rare in south-east asia. Alot can be determined by the type of sneakers that were found but officials aren't releasing that information. Nike and other popular North American styles would indicate the victims were from NA. Conversely, knock-offs are very popular in Asia and if all the shoes were cheaper (Chinese?) knock offs then I'd look at a capsized ship with human cargo from ASia.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well if you look at the google earth image posted earlier by someone (thanks for that) you can see how the feet are being discovered in a more or less centralized location geographically speaking. People here on ATS are probably making a big deal out of this because this is a conspiracy forum where we discuss these things openly. But how likely would it be that all these human feet wash up on shore in such a small area (and with shoes still on the feet no less)? I have never met anyone or heard of anyone discovering a human foot along a shoreline, at least not before this. And all of a sudden there are 6. And that is only what has been discovered so far. What the heck is going on here?

It causes your curiosity to wander, speculate and think about what might be going on because it is one of the strangest things I've ever heard of at least. Especially considering there aren't any missing person cases involved in this geographical area. That means that either these were people with no direct family members who kept tabs on them, or they were brought here from elsewhere by someone for some purpose.. If someone did cut these feet off these people, it could very well be that there are chunks of dead people sitting in the water. We have more questions than answers obviously but these facts just deepen the mystery.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor

THe more I think about the tsunami the more unlikely it seems. 2 of the feet were men's size 12 and I gotta think that is a shoe size that is very rare in south-east asia. Alot can be determined by the type of sneakers that were found but officials aren't releasing that information. Nike and other popular North American styles would indicate the victims were from NA.

What about tourists? I don't know if there were many tourist victims, but you can't discount the tsunami theory just because of how big the feet were. However, what the previous poster said about the currents could be true.

Here's a thought. What are the chances that we'll ever know the truth? Seems like the type of case which has a lot of theories but may never be solved. Maybe they'll be talking about this in 20 years and what we post here and now will become the embryo of a new conspiracy theory.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join