It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifth human foot found in Canada

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk

It is the fifth human foot to wash up on beaches in the area in the past year. The latest find is a left foot, whereas the other four were right feet.

Walkers spotted the body part floating in water off the suburb of Westham Island in British Columbia on Monday.

Police and coroners are trying to identify the foot and discover if it is linked to the others found in the area.

All were wearing shoes and had been in the water for some time.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ap.google.com
www.theglobeandmail.com

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
As groosem as this is the police are not making any statement to how the feet got there. So what are your theories to what happened to the people who feet have come ashore in Canada?

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This sounds like the result of an automated process, a sort of 'booby trap.'

en.wikipedia.org...

As a rule, booby-traps are planted in any situation where there is a strong likelihood of them being encountered and triggered. Typically, they are planted in places that people are naturally attracted to or are forced to use.

According to the articles, all were wearing running shoes, four were left, one was right. That says to me the victims were taken quickly and by surprise, and the left & right detail means nothing.

It sounds like a device was set up along a running path, more than likely one in a fairly out of the way area. The runner hits a trip wire which triggers a powerful hidden spring-loaded blade. The perpetrator, waiting nearby, bags the victim, packs up the device, and chucks the foot in the water.

Also, since people that run for exercise would probably be noticed when missing, it's possible the victims were kidnapped vagrants who were given shoes and forced to run down the rigged path.

Maybe I've seen too many movies, Law & Order, CSI, etc, but this seems to be a plausible scenario.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Thanks for posting.
I did not think a scnero through the way you did. I was just thinking it would be the work of a serial killer. Basically what you described. So to me the main thing left now is how long until the next one.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Wow I remember hearing about 3 feet now it's five.

How ever it's happening it does sound like a serial killer is on the loose.

The surprising thing is that nobody has claimed a missing persons on this.

Could also be some kind of cult action?

SPOOKY!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There is the possibilty of a killer with a foot fetish.

This person would kill his victims, sever the feet, and then "model" them while deciding which ones were most desirable. Typically, the rest of the body, being worthless to the killer, would be disposed of immediately, while the feet were retained.

I would look for someone with a boat, as the privacy afforded would allow him to enjoy his recreational pursuits without too much fear of being caught. The disposal of the body could be on land, perhaps soon after the victim was killed, and partially dismembered, but it is more likely to be at sea, weighted down to permenantly put this unwanted flesh "out of sight".

It seems likely that there is a ritual involved by the killer in disposing of the single foot after some period, likely before returning from his "fishing trip". The ritual doesn't include destroying or hiding the foot, unlike his actions toward the remainder of the body, but leaving it afloat, thereby empowering it with a certain permenance, in his mind.

I would expect the killer to be around 40 years of age, possibly married, with a steady job with disposable income. Typically he would have a rather mundane job with little excitement, very likely owning a small business.

I would be surprised if the killer were not a four year college graduate; and he isn't stupid by any means. He's very structured with a type A personality.

I would look for missing prostitutes, as the feet need not really belong to a runner at all, the shoes may just be his fantasy fulfillment after the fact. Prostitutes would be harder to notice missing by investigating authorities. I would also bet that all the feet belong to one gender and one race, as he probably seeks a certain "type" of victim to meet the requirements of his fantasy.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
lets say he is a sex freak who kidnaps runaway girls what better way to keep them from escaping captivity than loping off a foot. he waits awhile leaves her alone and goes and chucks her foot in the water with a weight tied to shoe. he knows how to amputate and treat the stump so he then has a girl to pleasure him till a he gets tired off her or she dies then he starts whole process over and over. the reason nobody notices missing persons is because if you don't have lots of money everybody in lawenforcement just assumes you left on your own.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well it seems we are all in agreement that there is probably a serial killer responsible for this. The report that I referenced did not give the information of gender, but I felt they would all be the same gender as well.
I hope the graphic descriptions that you were stated above are wrong, but if we are dealing with a serial killer almost anything could be happening.
I was thinking the entire body was being dumped in the sea. No one else has mentioned that. I do also think he has a boat though. To me that would see a good place to start.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

news.bbc.co.uk

It is the fifth human foot to wash up on beaches in the area in the past year. The latest find is a left foot, whereas the other four were right feet.

Walkers spotted the body part floating in water off the suburb of Westham Island in British Columbia on Monday.

Police and coroners are trying to identify the foot and discover if it is linked to the others found in the area.

All were wearing shoes and had been in the water for some time.

Related News Links:
ap.google.com
www.theglobeandmail.com

1 more foot and the police will have a hard time explaining how they found 2 "yards" in the ocean
....ok,ok, but i just couldn't help myself.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by jimmyx]

[edit on 17-6-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It would be interesting to know if the removals were premortum or postmortum. Also the level of skill in the removal would be interesting.

I'm sure this is the work of a serial killer, as the finding of only one type of body part would otherwise seem far too coincidental.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

ngc
I would like to know the same things. The police for obvious reasons do not seem to be releasing any of that information.
I was thinking the feet were the only parts coming ashore because of ravishing of the marine life. But you are probably right there, far to coincidental.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Spoken like a profiler! You are probably pretty close to the mark. The weird, well ONE of the weird things about this, is the lack of body. They must be being killed at sea and dropped to the depths. I'm surprised the foot even makes it to shore, they probably dump it intentionally close to shore for it to be found. No sense in being a serial killer unless you get some publicity afterall.

Just a little FYI, don't take an invite on someone's boat when traveling in British Columbia and the American Northwest.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
They said on the news that it did not appear that the foot was intentionally severed from the leg. That says to me that it wasn't a clean cut like with a saw or blade. Would a serial killer not use a saw to sever a foot?

Police have said there is no evidence that the feet were deliberately severed or removed by force.

Forensic experts say it is not unusual for body parts to become separated after they have been in the water for a long time.

Could be a boat went down with a bunch of illegal immigrants on board. Fish probably ate away at the flesh and ligaments causing the foot to detach. Currents then deposited it on the beach. Other bones aren't being found yet because they are heavier and take more time to reach the shore. That's my theory.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

That is more information then we had before, thanks Comte.
However, I do think that if a boat went down with a bunch of immigrants on board there would be more then just feet coming ashore. I agree with what pavil said, best not to take an invite for a ride on a boat in British Columbia or the American North West right now.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

They say in the article it could be victims from the Tsunami a few years ago. So, I tend to believe it is not a serial killer. We'll have to wait and see what the investigation brings.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Comte,
I think saying it is victim's from the wave two years ago is a theory way out there with space aliens. If an oceanographer wants to chime in and tell us what the ocean currents will do I will read what ever they have to say. But that theory just does not wash up with me.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Hmmm. Interesting. Something like this perhaps...?

Surviving the Game

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
How long has it been since the first foot showed up? I think it's been too long for all of them to have been lost in the same incident. If that were the case, it could be something as simple as a boat hauling medical waste lost a few pieces.

I found someone's head on a beach when I was a kid. Now I'll never know, but somehow I always figured it was an execution at sea over drugs most likely. So are there any sort of ritualistic punishments that would entail the removal of the foot/feet?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Something occurred to me while reading this thread. What if this is the work of a serial killer. Each victim is bound the same way, including a shackle or something attached to the ankle/foot the same way. As the body begins to decompose in the water, and perhaps with the effects of tidal flows and whatever currents exist, the foot winds up severed. The puzzling thing about this is that it seems like there would be bodies showing up somewhere as well.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I would think we have to wait for the forensic report. Such as their genetics and place of origin.

I would think it might have something to do with imigrants and work on some fishing boat. It might be that many killers take these people way off shore and dump them. The shoes would more likely travel back to shore because of their construction. Supposedly, some shoes lost at sea will travel to different areas depending on their construction acting like a rudder. Other body parts might show up a bit later. I've sometimes found bones on the beach that might be finger bones and one knee cap. I wouldn't put it past some killers to drop these people off in the middle of large lakes and other waters, especially if they have a business that usually brings them out there.

A crime drams show called Bones did a show about feet being severed from a person in a pony play type fetish. Horses are suppposedly seperated from their feet and buried seperately according to this one program.

www.tvsquad.com...

This could also have some people who reenact these crimes show dramas.

I recently saw the movie Hostel or part of anyway until I couldn't take anymore.

I really think the gore film industry has created some of these killers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join