It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifth human foot found in Canada

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Definately a serial killer. You should take a look at the area on google maps. These feet could be getting dumped in the river and floating out to the island.

I think the police just dont want to alarm anyone. However bodies fill with gas when they decompose making them float. To the best of my knowledge anyhow.

I would expect to see a different body part first.

Also said killer could be from Washington state, which I find more likely.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The first four feet were disarticulated, not severed, and they probably belong to men because of the foot size (two of them were size 12).

I had spoken with a women who thought these were the remains of her husband and some other fellows lost in a float plane crash, but I'm thinking if that was the case, they would have a DNA match by now.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

disarticulated

I really hope the victims were already dead. Really makes even less sense now.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Wow. Maybe it is a real life DEXTER?

I havent heard of this story....but I will be following it now!

Sounds like they need to get some divers out there.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by RedGolem

They say in the article it could be victims from the Tsunami a few years ago. So, I tend to believe it is not a serial killer. We'll have to wait and see what the investigation brings.

i agree ...with tens of thousands ending up dead and washed out to sea, we're bound to find more body parts and especially if those body parts are incased in a boot or shoe. they do not disintergrate as fast as cloth or flesh&bone.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I'm pretty sure they were already dead when they lost their feet. The marine life will nibble you down to nothing pretty fast and the feet were protected by the shoes, which is why they only find the feet.

How they got dead is a complete mystery to me.

We do have a bit of a rash of missing men in the area though - Missing

The police say there is no serial killer, but they said that about the 50+ prostitues that were killed too.

I had originally thought of Dulcimer's 'Smiley Face killer' thread when I read that article, but I guess it could be related to this thread.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

playing detective is cooooool!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
There has also been a increased number of missing men in their twenties here (BC Canada)...it seems strange that young men that are from good families keep disappearing and then you have all these foots washing ashore? A satanic cult? Human sacrafices? Also as someone mentioned somewhere above they did first suspect that maybe it was the missing men from the plane that crashed but then they didn't bring that back up on the news again...I just hope it's not s serial killer with a foot fetish...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This just popped into my head, but how close is Bohemian Grove to the coast?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I can go with the shoe as a rudder idea, to a point. But a lot of marine life would just take foot, shoe, and anything else. Sharks are known to swollow metal and plastics, just because they thought it was food.

And as the feet moved into shallower water, it would seem likely that smaller fish would actually nibble away even inside the shoe, until there was not enough meat to keep the bones in the container.

Plus the idea of all running shoes. None in boots, or canves deck shoes or hiking shoes, all one type of shoe, suggests more than accidental deaths at sea or in a tsunami event.

And yes, logic seems to say that more parts would arrive on shore than just the shod feet. Even medical waste seems a stretch unless this was the illegal dump from the Dr. Lector Amputation Clinic. Besides, the only time I ever heard of anyone loosing five feet was when my Uncle Edgar divorced Aunte Dot.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think one of the CIA-founded gangs in El Salvador have gone into high-seas piracy -- hacking off hands, feet, limbs, and heads are something of their calling card.

Which of the CIA-founded death squads/gangs is anybody's guess. They all spring from the same poisoned fountain.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The reason the feet and sneakers are showing up without other body parts is because the material that the sneaker is made from acts as a little flotation device and once the leg detaches at the foot from decomposition the sneaker with foot still inside floats to the surface and the current takes it away. Other body parts are eaten or decay under water.

source

Another thread on same topic.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't believe it's a serial killer. The Tsunami theory is intriguing.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Keep in mind that we have now learned that these feet were not cut off or severed. They were ripped off of the leg.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Keep in mind that we have now learned that these feet were not cut off or severed. They were ripped off of the leg.

I've been following this and haven't heard the feet were ripped off in any report. I could have missed that but I found just the opposite.

Police have said there is no evidence that the feet were deliberately severed or removed by force.

Maybe I am wrong in assuming by "ripped" you mean as in unnatural.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

Perhaps I should have been more articulate, and used the above-mentioned word, "disarticulated." Natural or no, something is fishy, obviously.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I watched A&E 24/7, and yes, there was the one serial killer that started off collecting womans shoes. Then he got into more grotesque, foot fetishes, and lastly hacking off the foot to medel the usually high heeled ladies shoes he loved so much.

There was also this other kid, he was young too, only about 20, he kidnapped,one neighborhood kid, he was fixated on breaking thier ankles and legs, then wrapping them up to heal, while keeping the kid hostage, for them to heal, only to break them again and again.

The first body was found in the water with broken legs, the case went cold until the second kid managed to get away, and they checked the Xray's of his break, to the kid who drowned in the lakes, and they were an identical match. This kid was sick. This poor kid though, I still remember his name, cause I seen the show 3 or 4 times, I seen the foot one a few times as well, (like I said I watch Cold case files, and american Justice religiously), it amazes me the sick things people can do to others. I'm glad we have the death penalty sometimes in this country.

But yea, i would like to know if all the feet found were male or female. I'd imagine He could just be a serial killer and this is the best way he's found of capturing people. But doing this on a running trail, you have the chance of a couple joggers running up on you, while your in the act of trying to coral basically dead weight, someone who just had thier foot taken off by a trap, is likely gonna pass out in a minute or two, and most likely die without a tourniquet(sp?) within 10. So I don't think he's booby trapping a running trail, way to risky, what if 3 joggers come running up on your set up all at the same time? Unless he cpull it away, and reset it it really fast, i don't see it as plausible.

I would think the police should be looking at unsolved murders or bodies found where the people were missing feet, or hands even. A long shot though. Because i do believe this psycho does have a foot fetish.

He's most likely kidnapping local hookers in his truck like the Green River Killer, Gary Ridgeway, and maybe torturing them, maybe not, but I would say he's Dumping, or burying the bodies, (he's doing something very well to conceal 5 bodies) for long enough for him to play with the each foot before disposing of it in the water.

They must be witholding the gender of these feet for some reason, I would guess they be all female, but then again, there have been cases, Like whats his name..., bah can't rmember it but he was the "mastermind, him and Charles iNg (old military buddies) we trying to make slaves(videotaping themselves even). But these two guys were takeing entire families and couples, only to kill the men then torture, and enslave the women. But very rare you find a serial killer team.

The zodiac and son of sam are the only two off the top of my head that killed men and woman alike, but those were couples as well; and they were shooting excecutions.

Of course Dahlmer killed just men as he was gay.

I don't know I'd be extremely suprised if the feet were of mixed genders.

Of course it could be some crazy guy forcing people into some sort of sick game, ie "SAW", or like the scenarion the second poster posted. Then gender really doesn't matter?

Wierd case, starred and flagged though, i never heard about this.

EDIT* Interesting post and theory Tuebor, i missed it somehow
Yea they do say they were all found with running shoes. I mean 80% of middle class people were sneakers, so it doesn't actually mean like "running shoes", that a marathon runner would wear, i don't think. Also hardly anything to model a foot in if you had a fetish, I could see them all being in high heels or something. Thats a very likely scenario.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Nola213]

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I say it's people protecting their 'crops'.

-Cuauhtemoc

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

This is an excellent idea. So much, that I laughed when I read it.
I agree this is highly plausible.

Very interesting angle.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Ocean Currents. A few years ago there was a container load of plastic ducks that went overboard in a storm. Oceanographers tracked these ducks for over 3 yrs and found that the currents took these ducks practically all over the world. So, tsunami victims body parts could be washed up anywhere.

However, that still does not explain only the feey being washed ashore. Could it possibly be that the shoes have something to do with it? All I gather, were running shoes. Don't alot of these shoes contain air cushions? Maybe thats why only the feet have floated. Just an idea.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This could all be drug related. I have heard of asain gangs that hack people to death in retaliation to other other gangs that have infiltrated thier turf. Could be all gang related...gangs, and serial killer or killers make the most sense.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join