It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifth human foot found in Canada

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Again - The hypothesized reason there are 5 shoes with feet in them and not bodies - is because the shoes float. After the body breaks down from the exposure to the water & sea life it begins to come apart and the feet probably would have never been found had there not been shoes on.

I would guess the rest of the bodies have been completely decomposed and the remnants falling to the bottom to be cleaned by the Deadliest Catch critters.

It will be interesting to find out if the feet are related other than floating in a similar geographic area.

Remember the Pacific Northwest was the origin of Ted Bundy, Gary Ridgway the Green river Killer who did dump bodies in the river & the Canadian Pig Farmer Robert Pickton who butchered women along side his live stock & fed them to his pigs to dispose of the evidence. So, it wouldn't be a big surprise that the something in the water up here creates serial killers.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
From the documentary last night.......A forensic anthropologist that inspected the feet filled shoes is of the opinion the feet are MONTHS old and probably not years. Another expert , oceanographer, says the feet probably can from up river and not deep sea. That's all I can remember from last night.

Cool. THe documentary is on the CBC website here

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Tuebor]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

Tuebor
great, thanks for the information, and thanks for the link. I hope everyone will get the time to watch it.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

No problem red. I've been following the case for a few weeks. It's mysterious to say the least. Could someone be chopping off feet somewhere up the Frazier River? I'm sure the RCMP are looking carefully at missing persons. Apparently, dozens of missing men from the Vancouver area have police following that lead.

What's up with the Pacific Northwest and serial killers??

Bundy
Green River killer
Pintiction pig farmer and probably others I can't think of....

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

I would personally think that with five feet that they would have been able to match dna against missing persons and get an id on at least one of them. But if they have the information is not being reliced. I hope some more info will come out in the MSM. Just so those of us that have read about this can keep up to date.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I havent posted on this site in a long while but this story has me intrigued because:

1) It's a very strange one
2) Which has led this thread into Assumption City

Seriously, the amount of assumption/guesswork/sensationalising thats been done on this thread is amazing, considering the few details that have been given out. I'm convinced that there are some people on this thread that actually WANT it to be a serial killer, just to spice up their lives

Nothing can be ruled out and nothing can be assumed, especially given the scant amount of information available.....yet this thread already assumes a serial killer, even going so far as to profile the perp!!!!!!!! Honestly, watch less CSI because real detectives do not make this many assumptions when they have this much info to go on.

Has anyone bothered to do any real research on this? I'm saying though, you've taken the time to profile a possible serial killer, would you take as much time to check around to see if there have been any plane crashes in the area recently? Or bother to take the time to research any of the less sinister explanations?

Which of you on here are oceanic experts? Yet you've already written off the tsunami victim theory. Why? On whose evidence?

Which of you are aircraft accident experts? Yet people seem so quick to believe that this was not body parts from a plane crash at sea. Why? On whose evidence is this not possible?

I have seen graphic video's of plane crash victims (dont ask why, I just have, and no its not because of some maccabre hobby, it was part of a job I did). Body parts that get torn off can have different qualities.

Some parts have a messy "tearing" effect, where it is obvious that the part was wrenched away (shreads of flesh at the end, etc etc)

Some parts get cut clean off (you have to remember how much sharp metal there is in a plane crash)....to the point where it looks almost surgical in nature.

My point is that nothing can be ruled out, so why assume the most sinister explanation? Sorry, but this thread has got me remembering why I stopped posting here in the first place!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here's my point exactly:

www.ctv.ca...

Just 5 minutes spent actually researching something and came up with ONE plausible explanation (one out of what could be many.....all depends how much time you want to spend researching, really).

I'm not saying that this is the actual explanation, but its one of many I could consider first before assuming a serial killer.

How many people have disapeared off the face of the earth in plane crashes, or bridge jump suicides, that never got found? The article in the link above tells you how difficult it can be finding bodies......even the CBC doc posted on this thread earlier mentions the amount of people who commit suicides from bridges.

But ah.....yhea I guess that aint exciting enough to even consider.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
New information:

Swedish police puzzled by foot in shoe on beach.

STOCKHOLM, Sweden - Swedish police said they have found a human foot inside a shoe, which washed up on a beach near one of the country's most popular tourist resorts.

Police said the discovery was made Tuesday in Tylosand near Halmstad on the southwest coast. Police spokesman Christer Harplinger said it included a shoe "containing a sock, with a foot inside it."

Forensic experts in southern Sweden are checking the foot against a national registry of missing people.

Missing foot now shows up in Sweden. Not sure yet if they are connected to the BC feet.

Something tells me they're not going to find a match in the missing persons directory. This definitely adds credence to the possibility that these are Tsunami victims.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 9-7-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor
What's up with the Pacific Northwest and serial killers??

Bundy
Green River killer
Pintiction pig farmer and probably others I can't think of....

There's another, I think his name is Clifford Olsen. Around the late 70's early 80's.

There was a "floatation expert" on CNN that said tsunami victims wouldn't float that far. Now if one's in Sweden, maybe the expert's wrong.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

IMHO - the swedish foot is most likley to be ` local `

the baltic has very narrow staits leading to the noth sea - and due to the low temperature , large numbers of rivers emptying into it and annual snow melts - the net current through the skagerak is outwards

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

As groosem as this is the police are not making any statement to how the feet got there. So what are your theories to what happened to the people who feet have come ashore in Canada?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

well I have a theory.. but not likely.. just jumped into my head... its possible that in plane crashes that some passengers can lose there feet due to being sliced off... apparently there is a bar on some planes about ankle level below where you sit that has been known to detatch peoples feet in some cases... forget where I red/heard this.... maybe tv... I dunno

[edit on 9-7-2008 by ToolFanMael]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
New details from CTV National News:

DNA tests have been completed. Two of the BC feet were confirmed to be from the same man, and one foot is from a women. They do not belong to the five people lost in the plane crash a few years ago.

Police are confident the feet originated in the BC strait, so that seems to go against my Tsunami hypothesis. They have not ruled out the possibility that some of the feet may belong to murder victims.

Here is a news article:

www.nationalpost.com...

• The first foot was found on Aug. 20, 2007 on Jedediah Island by a father and his 12-year-old daughter visiting from the U.S. It is a Campus brand shoe, Size 12, that is available for sale primarily in India.

• The second foot was found on Aug. 26, 2007, on Gabriola Island by a resident walking along a trail. It is a Reebok, Size 12. The brand was first produced in 2004 and is no longer for sale.

• The third foot was found on Feb. 2, 2008 on Valdez Island by two forestry workers. It is a blue and white Nike, Size 11. The brand was produced between February and June 2003.

• The fourth foot was located on May 22, 2008, on Kirkland Island at the mouth of the Fraser River. It was a Size 7 New Balance and the only female foot. The brand was produced beginning in June 1999.

• The fifth foot, the only left foot, was found on June 16, 2008 on Westham Island at the mouth of the Fraser River. DNA testing has matched it with the third foot found on Valdez.

Note the dates of manufacture of the shoes. None made after 2004, the date of the Tsunami. Looks like they've been in the water for a while.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Why are we still on the subject of serial killers?

The sea is chock full of different species, many of them carnivorous.

Most carnivores don't exactly have shoes on their menu. Regardless of what might be inside. However, the rest of the body tends to have a mere light coating of clothes, and hence, gets eaten.

Whats left?

Foot in a shoe.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I'm glad they've made one match and have eliminated the plane crash. It's also nice that they've told us the shoe sizes etc..

It's pretty amazing that they already eliminated the DNA of 150+ missing persons. More amazing that that is just a fraction of the mission people.

reply to post by TheComte

When I find shoes I like I often buy a few pairs and sometimes I don't wear them for a couple years, so if you found my foot in my shoe that was made five years ago It doesn't mean I've been wearing it for that long.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Saw this report a couple of days ago about another foot found in Sweden.

www.canada.com...

Not thought to be connected by authorities but a little strange nevertheless.

I know people go missing all the time and these body parts may be from them but it's still a little strange that it's just the feet that show up. I haven't yet seen any mention of how the feet have become detached - signs of predation or cutting for instance. Oh well, let's see if any more show up as time goes by.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
When I find shoes I like I often buy a few pairs and sometimes I don't wear them for a couple years, so if you found my foot in my shoe that was made five years ago It doesn't mean I've been wearing it for that long.

That's a valid point. The point I was trying to make is that you can't rule out Tsunami because the victim was wearing shoes made after the catastrophe happened. I agree it doesn't mean they were in the water since then.

Britguy: There were no signs of force in the separation of the feet. They were disarticulated.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by TheComte]

[edit on 11-7-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I came across this today.

But authorities still don't know whom they belong to or how they have come to wash up on shores near Vancouver, British Columbia, in the past 12 months.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police spokeswoman Constable Annie Linteau said forensic examinations suggested the feet were not severed or "mechanically removed" from the bodies.

"The evidence shows that the feet were separated from their bodies by a natural process of decomposition," Linteau said in a press conference Thursday.
cnn

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Here's my theory.. either a plane or a boat, (more likely a boat because there are no reports of a plane going down in that area) crashed into the water, sending the bodies to the bottom. Or a serial killer weighting the bodies to the bottom.
The reason for the feet being detached, well the hands are fully exposed, so the fish will probably eat at the fingers and wrist equally. The feet however being protected by a shoe/socks.. the wild life only have a chance to eat at the exposed ankle, allowing the feet to come free. I'm guess on how or why just the feet came to surface, either natural current, or possibly some air trapped in the shoe, causing it to float to the surface once detached. I would assume that of the bodies are all in the same area, the same current would carry and land them in the same place.

Yes indeed, very weird.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Police have matched the DNA of one foot to a missing man. The name hasn't been released yet.

One of five human feet discovered on the shores of British Columbia has been matched with the DNA of a missing man, CTV News has learned.

The mysterious feet, which all appear to have naturally detached from their decomposing bodies, have puzzled investigators since the first foot washed ashore in August 2007.

Investigators have not named the missing man, but are expected to release more information next week. There are four other feet that still need to be identified, and two come from the same person.

www.ctv.ca...

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Yeah, ive just found this now on CNN.

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) -- One of five feet that have mysteriously washed up on the shores of British Columbia over the past year has been linked to a depressed man who disappeared a year ago, police said Saturday.

CNN

Well thats another one of the feet covered for and when you read the article it sounds as if all of them have been counted for now.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join