It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride is Natural in Water

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I know how to settle this once and for all;

The OP must eat one full tube of toothpaste. It is, according to him, harmless and a beneficial nutrient.

He talks the talk, but he won't walk the walk. Like the coward he is.

I bet He wouldn't dare consume even one half of a tube of toothpaste, that is how we know he doesn't believe his any own lies.

Afterall, it's good for you right? The government allows it, right?

So what are you waiting for? your Dental Health depends on it...

He won't do it. I know he won't. The OP knows the dangers of Fluoride but is just here to spread lies and disinformation.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Again if there is any question to a substance safety, why add it to peoples drinking water.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib

Again if there is any question to a substance safety, why add it to peoples drinking water.

Again, in most water it's already there naturally. Levels are adjusted to 1mg/L. What exactly are you trying to say?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctormcauley
I know how to settle this once and for all;

The OP must eat one full tube of toothpaste. It is, according to him, harmless and a beneficial nutrient.

He talks the talk, but he won't walk the walk. Like the coward he is.

I bet He wouldn't dare consume even one half of a tube of toothpaste, that is how we know he doesn't believe his any own lies.

Afterall, it's good for you right? The government allows it, right?

So what are you waiting for? your Dental Health depends on it...

He won't do it. I know he won't. The OP knows the dangers of Fluoride but is just here to spread lies and disinformation.

LOL. I never said it was harmless in large doses, as a whole tube of toothpaste would be. I don't even swallow any toothpaste. Why are you making things up? Read the thread is all I have to say. My position is as clear as I can make it.
Seriously, why are you being so difficult? Did you report me to the mods?

[edit on 18-6-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am saying why add it. Why does it need to be adjusted? Why are we not doing this with other bebeficial minerals? Just flouride...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I am saying why add it. Why does it need to be adjusted? Why are we not doing this with other bebeficial minerals? Just flouride...

It needs to be adjusted because in some places the levels are as much as 4mg/L or more. Now, the EPA says 4mg/L is safe but everything I've read says that 1mg/L is the safe level. That is why sometimes they must take it out of the water.

It gets adjusted up to 1mg/L because it is at this level that you get the benefits to your teeth and bones, while still being safe.

Why not other vitamins and minerals? Lots of processed foods are fortified with vitamins and minerals. Surely you know that?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Why not other vitamins and minerals? Lots of processed foods are fortified with vitamins and minerals. Surely you know that?

Right but why not with the water. What is this obsession with flouride. It is against the peoples wishes. If I am not mistaken the water districts as well as the government work for the people. If the people are overwhemingly saying they don't want chemicals added to the water why is that being ignored?

My message to the water districts is simple. Leave my water pure. If the water is not pure by all means fill free to take stuff out, but under no circumstances do I want stuff added to my water. If I want flouride or anything else in my water I will add it myself.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Again, in most water it's already there naturally. Levels are adjusted to 1mg/L. What exactly are you trying to say?

I think, what he is trying to say, is why not take it out of the water completely, and just put it on the shelf with the vitamins and nutritional supplements? Let the consumer decide if he/she wants to flouridate themselves. That's the main point of most of the anti's you've been addressing in this thread. Why not offer it as a dietary supplement instead of forcing it into everyday consumption?

I can answer that myself... because it's toxic. Sure, ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is toxic at higher levels, but you won't die from a granule.

Vitamin C - Wiki

vitamin C exhibits remarkably low toxicity. The LD50 (the dose that will kill 50% of a population) in rats is generally accepted to be 11.9 grams per kilogram of body weight when taken orally.[36] The LD50 in humans remains unknown, owing to medical ethics that preclude experiments which would put patients at risk of harm. However, as with all substances tested in this way, the LD50 is taken as a guide to its toxicity in humans and no data to contradict this has been found.

And why do they add nutrients to things like Bread and Milk? Because the processes used to make them deplete the foods of their natural nutrients. It really is as simple as that (in most cases). The Ugly Truth About Food The other cases are extra nutrients added in to have the same effect as a multivitamin... we take vitamins already, heck, why not make a bread that has extra iron? Food With Something Extra - Added Nutrients

EDIT; slow on post... Yep, exactly what he was saying.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Earthscum]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

Very well said.

BTW:

vitamin C exhibits remarkably low toxicity. The LD50 (the dose that will kill 50% of a population) in rats is generally accepted to be 11.9 grams per kilogram of body weight when taken orally.

For my body weight i would have to ingest 2 1/3 pounds of pure vitamin C. And at this level it only killed about 50%. I think my stomach would explode first.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by harvib]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
www.fluoridealert.org...

Well, people can be wrong sometimes, especially when one has had very little sleep because I'm working on IMPORTANT things, such as the website in my signature, & at least I can admit I was mistaken, but it doesn't matter:

- Natural or unnatural, to put Sodium Fluoride or ANYTHING in what we consume is INCREDIBLY suspicious, even if you don't know that Fluoride is used to modify the behaviour of people. - Do you think they gave it to the people in Nazi prison camps to make sure they have great teeth? If you do, you MUST be out of your friggin mind!

Look; we are animals. - So we exist because the NATURAL state of our ecosystem enables the possibility of life, & it's sustainability. - There is NO need to modify the ecosystem. - furthermore, it's a given that you are wrong in this entire thread: Your first post states: If Fluoride is naturally present, what's the big conspiracy discussions about Fluoride? - I'll tell you what it is: If it's naturally present, WHY ADD MORE, IF THERE IS EVIDENCE THAT above JUST A FEW PARTS PER MILLION are detremental? - Do you know sir, that you pass the recommended dose EVERYDAY by Far? For example, if you have a bowl of cereal & then a small Coke or whatever anytime after during the day, you have passed your dose, even if you didn't brush your teeth or have a single glass of water all day! So; The main argument against fluoridation is: If everything contains Fluoride, how can your daily dose be accurately measured & regulated? - Answer: It cannot, & we are all being DRUGGED without our consent, & most people don't even know that it is present in HIGH ammounts, in Beer, Wine, & even juice.
Furhtermore, you said ' no adverse effects that you are AWARE OF...' - Exactly. - And it's not your fault. - The masses are not aware of it either, but it is a reality. So I'll say it again: It's time to become aware.

In conclusion, the facts speak for themselves:

(there are 3 other parts, this is part 1)

YOU can continue wasting you time, OP, but I know what is right, & that's all that matters at this point. It really does not change my life if you realize the real reason why governments are doing this or not.

Have a nice day!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I have been trying to find the source of the rumour about the NAZI use of sodium fluoride in their concentration camps, supposedly to make docile the prisoners.

The only sites that even mention it are conspiracy sites. All the nazi history sites I looked at never mention it. Holocaust sites I've browsed don't mention it.

I did find this site which cites as its source this book:

The Crime and Punishment of IG Farben

I spent about 40 minutes trying to find the quote but couldn't find anything mentioning sodium fluoride being used in camps.

The only mention of this rumour appears to be a quote by Charles Perkins, a chemist, who says he was told the information second hand. Every site uses the same Perkins quote.

I was told of this entire scheme by a German chemist who was an official of the great IG Farben chemical industries and was also prominent in the Nazi movement at the time.

Can anyone provide corroboration that is not a conspiracy site and does not use the Perkins quote? I'm going to continue to look but so far, I have to say, this 'fact' of Nazi fluoride use appears to be unsubstantiated hearsay at best.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Now you are a Revisionist Historian?

Questioning or Revising the events of the Holocaust as you have done, is a Crime, Friendo; And I hope you know that in many countries what you have just done is illegal.

You are questioning a well-documented part of history - a part that it is criminal to question.

It sounds to me like you are an Anti-Semite; which would explain an awful lot.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by doctormcauley]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctormcauley

Now you are a Revisionist Historian?

Questioning or Revising the events of the Holocaust as you have done, is a Crime, Friendo; And I hope you know that in many countries what you have just done is illegal.

You are questioning a well-documented part of history - a part that it is criminal to question.

It sounds to me like you are an Anti-Semite; which would explain an awful lot.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by doctormcauley]

OMG You equate me questioning Nazi sodium fluoride use with questioning the entire Holocaust? That is quite a leap. Impressive.

I am only questioning whether or not they used sodium fluoride in the way the anti-fluoridationists say they did. So far, I have found no corroboration for the claim. If it's so 'well-documented', where is the corroboration? I'm not even saying I don't believe it yet. Just want to find another reference to it from an accepted historical source. Do you have one?

You're trying to be funny and bait me, aren't you? Come on. Admit it. No one can be that dense.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I'm not even saying I don't believe it yet. Just want to find another reference to it from an accepted historical source. Do you have one?

I commend the OP for looking into the counter points that have been made. All to often we get locked in to our own paradigm and aren't willing to adjust. This is not the case with the OP and the case of the rumors of fluoride being used by the Nazis. The OP is asking for a credible source and certainly is entitled to do so. None of us should take the word of another about anything without ensuring it is based in fact.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by harvib]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Search engines work in mysterieous ways, & without being egoistic, I have to say that I am the master of it: Here is the info you seek:

MY MOTHER RECENTLY HAD A HIP OPERATION, & LOOKING AT THIS NON CONSPIRACY SITE, I'M GETTING REALLY REALLY MAD.... - You see... The word 'conspiracy' seems to be so... out there.... but conspiracies are facts, & there are true conspiracies.... Just like there are true dynamics to life. - If it is not in the NEWS, (it is on talkshows sometimes, NOT JUST C2C) ... But yes, I'm sorry for being my warrior self with you, OP; you are a human being, after all, & deserve respect.... But on return, you must respect the possibility that there really is something to all of this, & most of us wish this was NOT true, but are into it because it's important, & there is ample reason to be VERY concerned....

Here's one for you: www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com...

- Found via these search terms on Google: www.google.ca... nG=Search&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=IhB&sa=2

And you calling it a rumor though before seeing the HISTORICAL FACTS is ridiculous man!
- ( search terms: fluoride abuse both in Nazi prison camps in World War II and in the Soviet gulags in Siberia. + non conspiracy site )

Try other tags, & remember that it's also the Soviet gulags in Siberia , not just the NAZI camps, so enjoy the irrefutable truth! .... They say 'its a little known fact' bwecause the media is not to speak of this.

UPDATE:
www.google.ca... illa%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=xuB&sa=2

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Time=Now]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I recommend everyone report the OP to their local Jewish Council.

He clearly hates Jews for some perverse reason. He might hate us, but it is illegal to Hate Jews and deny our history.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by doctormcauley]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by doctormcauley

I recommend everyone report the OP to their local Jewish Council for Holocaust Revisionism, Denial and Anti-Antisemitism unless he recants id Viscous Pro-Nazi, Anti-American Propaganda...

Take it easy. He just asked for a source. I disagree with the OP's position on adding fluoride to the water but he is certainly entitled to ask for a source for counter points that have been made. I think your post adds nothing to the debate and is a hindrance of coming to any kind of consensus.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Well, since the OP has zero hope of realizing the truth, as ATS is all about, then all I have to say is this: Drink up!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

'Nuff said. Fluoridated water is only one single step away from communism. That, and public health care.

You heard it here first, folks, beware.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Some more facts solely for the education of the OP:

“Fluoride is not an essential nutrient. No disease has ever been linked to a fluoride deficiency. Humans can have perfectly good teeth without fluoride.”

“Fluoride is a cumulative poison. On average, only 50% of the fluoride we ingest each day is excreted through the kidneys. The remainder accumulates in our bones, pineal gland, and other tissues. If the kidney is damaged, fluoride accumulation will increase, and with it, the likelihood of harm.”

“When complexed with aluminum, fluoride interferes with G-proteins (Bigay 1985, 1987). Such interactions give aluminum-fluoride complexes the potential to interfere with many hormonal and some neurochemical signals (Strunecka & Patocka 1999, Li 2003).” In other words, it can create brain lesions similar to those found in Alzheimer’s patients.

“The chemicals used to fluoridate water in the US are not pharmaceutical grade. Instead, they come from the wet scrubbing systems of the superphosphate fertilizer industry. These chemicals (90% of which are sodium fluorosilicate and fluorosilicic acid), are classified hazardous wastes contaminated with various impurities. Recent testing by the National Sanitation Foundation suggest that the levels of arsenic in these chemicals are relatively high (up to 1.6 ppb after dilution into public water) and of potential concern (NSF 2000 and Wang 2000).”

Jordan for 3...it's GOOD!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join