It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Declares Sovereignty

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Crystalline
reply to post by jhill76

As far as I know the Lakota Nation did this in December, 2007. They also declared their sovereignty. Of course, the news wasn't filled with this too. And there are rumors that other Native American nations are also going to declare their sovereignty, just as the Lakota's did.

In fact a certain nation within Oklahoma may do this very soon indeed as well as their counterparts in North Carolina. One can only hope.

It is a good time for the Hopi and Navajo to follow suit (and for the Hawaiian people to reclaim the Kingdom of Hawaii starting from Ni'ihau...).

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I always respected the Native Americans, especially the Navajos. They're also helping us to defeat this damned Government and they've made the first steps last year. I also respect the bravery of Oklahoma. But I'd like to know what for Texas is really waiting.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by N1cotine

I just LOVE your avatar. I'm jealous, not only of your avatar, but of the patriotic fortitude of your state! GO OKIES!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Whatever it is and whoever wrote it, it's so broadly worded that I can't see that it means anything that is not already in the US Constitution.

If it's real, Oklahoma is going to spend a lot of time in federal court arguing over every last federal law and mandate that has ever or will ever be made.

It all can be boiled down to this. The Constitution gives specific powers to the federal government, which shall act as an agent of the states. All powers not specifically granted to the federal government shall be held by the states.

Most here won't remember, but this is the very reason there was so much turmoil in the South during the sixties. By 1965, states rights had been crushed and nothing short of a civil war will reinstate them.

What's more most Americans don't know what it's like not having the federal government involved in their daily lives and wouldn't know what to do if the federal government was limited to the extent that is mandated by the Constitution. Consider Katrina.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Yeah, cause the federal government really helped people get through Katrina!

I'm cheering for you Oklahoma!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

The Federal Government is caring always for the wealthy and greedy Zionists and no one else. In their dreamworld, only those ones are deserve to live, whose have money. But maybe this time, thanks to Oklahoma and the Native Americans, maybe something will start. And maybe on two fronts if both of them will succeed.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

You know this is an example of the mind set that drove southerners to fight the feds the first time; NOW thank God not over anything evil as slavery added to it.

Once again the Indian Nations lead the way... We owe our Indian brothers much! Lights of liberty when most all else have forgotten. A Virginian bows to their spirit and heart... The American Resistance Movement GROWS

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
You are absolutely correct, both that everything in the bill is already in the Constitution (legally necessary), and that this will cause major legal battles for OK. But freedom is not free, and I personally think the legal challenges will be a hindrance at the very least to the rapid expansion of Federal powers we are seeing now.

You are also right that most will not know how to exist without the aid of the Federal Government. But I submit that I can think of no better time to begin to learn how.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The good news is there will still be Monday Night Football and an NFL Season!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Just to clarify something incase it was missunderstood, OK is not seceding, this is more of a face slap to the federal government then anything. A good start none the less

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

This might be way out there, but, if a state can do this, can an individual do this as well?

Yes.

Man declares sovereignty, challenges jurisdiction of court

But it is a very tricky thing to do and full of pitfalls they can use to make an example of you. Wesley Snipes was made an example of, following this train of thought regarding his taxes.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by furiousracer313

Please do not come in this thread with nothing about this discussion. This is frowned upon on ATS.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by jhill76]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the NAFTA Corridor in relation to this. What, if any, effect would this have on the corridor project which will cross through Oklahoma?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ive got a great idea to make a difference I hope I can get the Folks to back me up here as it would benefit everyone. Hopefully a mod supports this Idea and agrees a thread and a movement is warranted so here goes

-At least one ATS member per state start a petition and you tube campaign Citing the same articles that Oklahoma did . Get Local Support.

-The owners of this site put a call into RON PAUL . His Campaign party may not take this seriously unless Owners of a Site like this were to call and explain that support was in each state ready and already motivated.

Our request would be To give the citizens of each state a "diagram and assurance" of how a new united states could be Organized modeled after the original constitution ,(A lot of folks dont know how it was before the fed)
after each state had declared sovereignty from this Country The United States

Ron Paul would be a person that shares our desire for our country to be truly free again.

Many before me have mentioned the sovereignty but not the complete plan to ensure a reunited body of states.

Look people, realize this, what happened in the sixties and earlier in history as far as non violent protesting is over.. Try holding a sign in DC and see how far you get . They just arrest you under some bs homeland sec clause.

So I propose we do what we can legally .

A- Each state Declares sovereignty over itself then proceeds to secede from the US

(Without Ron Paul and A solid Government "Schema" pre developed the following would be chaos.

B- New Congress, house and ,senate elected in democratic vote New centralized government formed.

C- Reconstruction

Whether you like Dr Paul or not I think if he realized folks would do this in each state he would support us with funds and personal help. I can see him removing himslef from the presidintal race to help us.. Well maybe not but what the other option.

WAR FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!! ID RATHER LIVE ON A HAMMOCK IN THE WOODS chewing on bugs

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Localjoe3]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Looks like maybe Oklahoma is't so backwards at all... Whats a good location to move to? Who knows... maybe the next step will be seperating from the Union.. the federdal goverment has overstepped there boundries on everything... The States do in fact have more power then federal... they need to be seriously reminded of that.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Just checked the BBC for any info on this and found nothing as expected.

Surely if this was real someone would report it? I'll be watching out for some official confirmation, but otherwise this is music to my ears. Oklahoma, you rule!

And since it's been discussed I'll add I have immense respect for the native American tribes, they should definitely take their well deserved sovereignty back.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Found official documentation for this resolution...

Choose #18:
Official link through Okl. gov. site

link   

Imagine what my life would be like?

Hell, just imagine what my federal taxes would look like. When you think about it like that, GO OKLAHOMA.

link   
Hmmmm. Maybe this would worth another topic, maybe not... but here is something which is start to become similar to the action of Oklahoma. This time, it's Idaho. It's also dated to June 14, 2008.

Idaho GOP Votes to Abolish Federal Reserve!
www.dailypaul.com...

SANDPOINT -- It appears the Ron Paul wing of the Idaho Republican Party has scored its first victory at the party's state convention in this North Idaho resort town.

The state party's platform committee voted overwhelmingly Friday to add to state platform language supporting abolishing the Federal Reserve System and pegging the dollar to gold and silver.

The idea has been championed by Ron Paul, a libertarian-leaning Republican who recently gave up his run for the presidency.

Paul won 24 percent of the vote in Idaho's Republican primary and many of his backers are at the convention trying to pull the party to the right and get Paul delegates seated at the Republican National Convention.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join