It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Declares Sovereignty

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is a list of the current members of the Oklahoma Senate Rules Committee:

www.oksenate.gov...

Senator Sean Burrage - Co-Chair
Senator Mike Schulz - Co-Chair
Senator Cliff Branan
Senator John Ford
Senator Earl Garrison
Senator Joe Sweeden
Senator James A. Williamson
Senator Jim Wilson

Caroline Dennis - Committee Staff Director
Cheryl Purvis - Staff Attorney
Merian McCuin - Administrative Assistant

That site should contain contact information for them. Perhaps some of us should contact them.

Anyone live in Oklahoma?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well I can't get Gus on the phone, he maybe still down state.

Can someone get in touch with the "Oklahoman"? They got to have someone covering the capital.

Roper

BTW the date is march,13 '08 and I haven't heard a word of this!

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Roper]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by N1cotine

Cheers, most agreed.

I just hope my state follows suit with a similar decision, but with Atlanta I have my doubts. I think it is high time that the states re access their agreement with the Union. The Confederate States and Texas are Constitutionally still a free nation, they were not voted back into the Union by elected representation. Hell, I say freedom to OK and MT as well.

Deo Vindice!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

Please excuse my ignorance, I am from the UK and know absolutely sweet fanny adams about the US constitution ...... but what does Oklahoma declaring soveriegnty mean as such?

I'll give it a try. It might help to clarify exactly what Oklahoma is doing for some Americans as well.

The USA is not one country. It is 50 countries, called states, that act as one, similar to the EU. but in order for the various states to act as a single unit (required for defense, inter-state commerce, and international trade), a central government was established through the US Constitution.

This Constitution states exactly how the Federal Government is to be operated, who will perform what roles, how they will be elected, what the limits of their power are, etc., etc., etc. It also, in order to protect the citizens from a strong central government, includes several powers that may not be used. The most known of these are the Bill of Rights, our first ten amendments which were made immediately.

It also states that anything not specified as a power of the central government would be decided by the individual states. This is where the problem starts, as recently the USA government has been playing fast and loose with the restrictions placed on them. Oklahoma, by this resolution, is declaring officially that they will not allow the Federal Government to exercise powers and policies that are not contained in the Constitution.

In essence, it is an official declaration by a state government that the Federal Government will not be allowed to violate the US Constitution any more. As grady and I have both stated, this is probably in response to the recent NAU talk and NAFTA/CAFTA trade agreements, which have serious sovereignty implications.

While it is not a secession and not the start of another War Between the States, it is reminiscent of the first rumblings of that infamous episode in our history. Sadly, while I do not think anyone wants another Civil War, it may well be the only way to regain our freedom, our sovereignty, and our position in the world as a respected country.

Hope this clears it up.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I don't know, I have a bad feeling about this...

The first thing that sprang into my mind was Gitmo, after all from traveling through OK it always seemed like a very very controlled and Police State.

My Granddaughters do live there with their Mom, and what happens in OK is personal for me.

I wonder how this will affect FEMA sponsorship in the likely event of pandemic disease and future funding for families after situations like Tornado's?

Perhaps I am a Catastrophist, just had to say what I feel.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Let's just entertain ourselves here.
Oklahoma does secede from the union.
ANYONE can add to this list, just keep it in numerical order and curious if you really know what will actually happen.

1. Will have to up it's taxes to expand it's own militia to protect it's boarders.
2. Only those living in state will be allowed to protect itself. (Not that many people there to do this per-capita)
3. How will OK. defend itself from another country? There enough Jets & Bombers? Can OK. defend it's own airspace?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fm-in-usa

How will OK. defend itself from another country? There enough Jets & Bombers? Can OK. defend it's own airspace?

Um, it's landlocked. Would only have to defend against the Feds and/or other states.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

So basically. If people can find a way to get over the slavery issue and sell it as an open society bent on bringing the rights of america's back...

The Civil War was never about slavery. That is revisionist history at work. The Civil War was about states exercising their sovereign right to decide the issue for themselves. The Federal government overstepped their Constitutional authority on the issue, the southern states ceseded and lost their sovereignty in their defeat against Federal forces.

Just to keep things in perspective, the were in fact Northern slave states as well, they just weren't as economically reliant on them due to industrialization.

Then Confederacy of States might be the ideal form of government ?

That's what America was meant to be all along.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I don't really think Oklahoma is planning on leaving the Union. This is simply a reminder to the Federal Government that Oklahoma will not sit idly by and let them rule in an autocratic manner out of DC.

The Federals are NOT the big dog here, we the people have the real authority and power. They serve us. Nowdays Washington is acting like a bull in a china shop, breaking every law it can in a mad scramble to control everything. Oklahoma is just reminding them that their authority is limited, and put them on notice that enough is enough.

And that is all contingent on this being more than a token bill in the first place.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Get all the independant states of the globalists and who think the whole situation have gone too far should secede from the Union and call for the people of the others states to elect new pro-constitution governors and join the new union.

Then give it a similar constitution, a new congress, a new senate and a new president.

This was tried in 1860, and failed, with catastrophic consequences to life and liberty.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Go boys the NWO is week we should destroy the federal reserve and burn the owners. Time for a new United States currency one that is printed through the mint but not in the power of privet globalist hands. No more interest out of money made from thin air, destroying the Federal Reserve and bring back legit money is the only way to rid are self's of these NWO scum bags here in the US.

We attack there power tool money then we can not be manipulated any longer people must start growing there own food, we must be able to support are selfs as times get hard show them how we can live out side of there system. Untied we could stand agents there ternary life would change but we would be free to create are own reality not one constructed by the main stream media and the NWO systems which currently shape are world views.

sorry for my poor grammar im to lazzy to improve it

[edit on 14-6-2008 by LeeHawt]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

So basically. If people can find a way to get over the slavery issue and sell it as an open society bent on bringing the rights of america's back...

The Civil War was never about slavery. That is revisionist history at work. The Civil War was about states exercising their sovereign right to decide the issue for themselves. The Federal government overstepped their Constitutional authority on the issue, the southern states ceseded and lost their sovereignty in their defeat against Federal forces.

Just to keep things in perspective, the were in fact Northern slave states as well, they just weren't as economically reliant on them due to industrialization.

Then Confederacy of States might be the ideal form of government ?

That's what America was meant to be all along.

And just to add to your post Jack the emancipation proclamation didnt even include the northern slaves it just freed the southern slaves the ones they did not have control of. Just to show you how history just forgets to mention that.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

The Federals are NOT the big dog here, we the people have the real authority and power.

That is not actually the case. I have the proof waiting in an email for a Premium submission.

Suffice to say though, that the Federals are in fact the "big dog" and you are living under martial law, as you have been your entire life.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

And just to add to your post Jack the emancipation proclamation didnt even include the northern slaves it just freed the southern slaves the ones they did not have control of. Just to show you how history just forgets to mention that.

Not even all of the southern ones. There were many exceptions, including New Orleans.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Yup but if you ask every American why the civil war was fought 95 of 100 will say to free the slaves. Sad isnt it. This is why we have a 95% sheeple rate in this country.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

That site should contain contact information for them. Perhaps some of us should contact them.

Anyone live in Oklahoma?

There's quite a few of us that live in the sovereign nation of Oklahoma.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

With the possibility of a Democratic Presidency....the powers that be are dictated by the wealthiest liberal Americans that put these people into the powers that be...we need to reveal all of the political bs and stop the liberals from getting their way with the NWO, Global Warming nonsense and giving us our liberties back...if this fails, it will be left to us as Americans to revolt and take back our constitution as it was meant to be.....free from government control.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by y2presley

But the "conservatives" are no better. Bush is certainly no champion of liberty.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the NAFTA Corridor in relation to this. What, if any, effect would this have on the corridor project which will cross through Oklahoma?

It seems that won't be happening. Oklahoma is really effin' with the Feds.

source
The Oklahoma State Senate voted to recall a bill that would have further facilitated plans for the NAFTA Superhighway to run through the state. There were fears that parts of Bill 1507, which dealt with Foreign Trade Zones, were tied to the superhighway which is to extend from Mexico to Canada. There were also concerns that this would lead to private property seizures through eminent domain. This is already taking place in parts of rural Texas with the construction of the Trans Texas Corridor (TTC), which is to be the first leg of this superhighway infrastructure.

Some have argued that Bill 1507 would have allowed for the creation of foreign owned smart ports. This would have allowed for imported goods to pass through the U.S./Mexican border without going through customs until Oklahoma . This follows in the same line as other proposed inland ports, such as the one in Kansas City. The NAFTA Superhighway will be a borderless open transportation system that will further facilitate the flow of cheap goods from China. Oklahoma has already passed legislation to stop the TTC from coming through the state.

The NAFTA Superhighway is the necessary infrastructure needed for the creation of a North American Union. It will serve as a highway for cheap Chinese goods and cheap labor from Mexico and Latin America. It will untimely benefit multinational corporations, who view borders as barriers to trade and greater profits. Last year, Rep. Virgil Goode, R-Va., introduced a House resolution that stated congressional opposition to the construction of a superhighway or entry into North American Union.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

I would love to see pictures of these "concentration camps" that have been setup. Who runs them? Surely there would be a paper trail for the construction of them as well as employees working there.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join