It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden link at bottom of page. whatistheconspiracy.com

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shane Void

I think the number of friends of 'it' is a bug in the friends system. Basically, if you mark someone as a friend, anyone who has a user name that's a substring of that person's username gets marked as a friend, too.

For example, look at this non-existent user... the letters 'ter' appear in a lot of usernames, so they have a lot of friends:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I believe you are correct sir.

Member "E"

See ya'll tomorrow!

EDIT

"E" even happens to be one of MY friends.

But "E" is not listed as a friend on my profile

[edit on 7/31/2008 by Shane Void]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shane Void
"E" even happens to be one of MY friends.

Lol... mine, too! G'nite! We'll try to leave some ciphers unsolved for you!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by downintheupside

Good idea on putting together the missing letters. As myself and Shane Void had theorized early, we think that the missing letters or misplaced letters could possibly be another clue or lead or answer another clue, good idea.

Anyways, here is what i got that is missing from the cryptograph about there being ten questions....

Missing= U E S (these three being from the first word "questions") I (this as well)
Misplaced= V (from the word "will")

Also, the word "BE" is missing in between "will" and "ten". This could be soemthing.

Also, I think its a little funny how the first "question" is mispelled but the last one is correct. Also how "will" is mispelled. Maybe they could be other words. I dont know, maybe its nothing...

Anyways there is my two cents worth. Hopefully it can help.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Back in work again! I read through the last couple of pages which I missed over night (i'm based in the UK) and I can agree that people are getting rewarded for co-operation.

It's alot more enjoyable when we have ideas coming in from everywhere =)

About this current puzzle:

I'm not sure if it has been solved as it hasn't changed yet. If it was solved correctly, then normally the solution presents itself on the site. (Like it did when we got the '10 questions' part)

I think the solutions so far and the explanations are top, but maybe we are missing something.

Just a couple of thoughts, I think at this stage, photoshopping stuff to the limits until the picture is completely changed is possibly going too far. Maybe there is something staring out at us which everyone is missing?

Also, the scrambled shapes in the middle are split into three parts, once zoomed in on the browser to about 600% I can see all sorts of pictures which represent little poeple/aliens and garbled letters.

Looking at it from an unzoomed perspective - It looks to me like a elongated fruit machine wheel, the pictures at the top and bottom seem to go around the top and bottom of the 'wheel'. Somehow it feels like a 3D object.

Possible gibberish but worth a think maybe.

As I have basic access to photo editing software in work I'll be concentrating my efforts on the face value of these puzzles, maybe a few mirror images and stuff is possible like the last one.

If the people with al the software concentrate on inversion, negatives and enlarging stuff we can pool our efforts and get this solved!

Good luck everyone!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
having looked at the middle picture, I find the same as Outrageo,

the game begins on august eighth and you will need your wits creativity ad imagination to win

It's visible by manipulating it in paint. I enlarged the image, then made it negative with the view tool, then flipped it vertically, then horizontally. If you cut out the middle section (the most recognisable) then view it individually the words are just visible even thogh some dont look like the letters, the symbols follow the pattern of Outrageo's solution.

This is a section of the message it should read - The Game Begins On August Eighth

If this picture doesn't work, you can see it here -

img519.imageshack.us...

Bravo Outrageo!

(My apologies if this is common knowledge, i'm catching up)

Purple patch now!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
When will it start ? the game ?
answer:when we find it !
when kellter started the thread
posted on 13-6-2008 @ 12:10 PM by Kellter thread363121
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I anagramed findings from the little box on the 250000.gif
some of the anagrams were:

Beaten Converts
Base Convert Ten
Nab Centre Votes
Nab Contest Ever
Nabs Recent Vote

[edit on 31-7-2008 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Our chatroom is down
bodrul started a temp ats chat
heres the link
www.ldgfx.co.uk...

u2u me for the password

Heres the chat refugee thread Asala started
www.belowtopsecret.com...
We've been using it as a chat thread

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Good Morning!!

And another day commences, I love that we are all on different time zones, it means we can be at this thing 24/7!!!

I think thats its great that we are putting our heads together and helping each other - Collaboration and diversity keeps us thinking, if we are thinking we are not ignorant -

Lets have it!!

(PS Glad to see that we have been given applause, i think I got mine for maybe the TinWiki page as im pretty certain I have been off track mostly!!!!! (Unless its that Godgame page, I wish I could ditch it out of my mind)

Anyway fellow sleuths until later, Peace

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
No progress to report on the purple square from me,

I've exhausted my resources on it by flipping, inverting, negating and enlarging. Can't see any patterns in it.

couple of points:

1. the edges of the box seem blurred
2. At face value, it looks like blurred vertical lines (green) on a purple background.
3. Reminds me of a bar code.

I cannot see anything resembling symbols or recognisably 'formed', if there's something there, maybe it's hidden in code of the colours or something.

It's a bit quiet here, is everyone in bed?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
the color of the square looks shifted

maybe divide it up into RBG layers and shifting the colors will reveal something

all i got is gimp and i'm still learning it ..good luck

maybe the RBG layers were positionally shifted or rotated left or right a bit

my gimp skills are limited i think i'm going back to XP photoshop and office before the 8th

[edit on 31-7-2008 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I opened in gimp an zoomed 1600 pct.

It doesn't appear to be blurred at all and there are divisions across the top and bottom.

I have no idea, but I'm guessing it has to do with the number of points awarded for the solving of this one. Maybe 250000.

Gotta get to work

Have fun!

EDIT: Looks like there are 14 veritcal bars of equal dimensions.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Can anyone make anything from this:

6 3 1 3 1 4 1 5 1 3 1

???

I get these numbers when I try to find patterns in the purple bars...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychopump

Lol, I get 62131416131. I got my numbers by assigning each color a value. Darkest 3, medium 2, lightest 1. Since the first two colors are the dark, I give it a 6, next is one medium so it gets a 2, etc. Howd you come up with your numbers Psycho?

Also, I see two horizontal lines at the top and two at the bottom.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Thanks for enlarging this image, I was using the browser (IE7) to enlarge it. Interestingly, it enlarged and blurred the edges, but when I minimised it, then maximised the window, it cleaned up the colour...

This is what I got when I enlarged it to 1000% (crtl and mouse roller):

When looking at it in the browser, I can see 2 horizontal lines at the top and bottom. This would give a total of 56 different boxes, and if they are all different colours - 56 different colours.... or codes.

Or maybe it's the ATS Tartan colours, for their kilts?

edit - changed '54' to '56'. =)

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Unsane]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Wow this ones a tuffie, nice progress in getting the images cleared up all.

Are we sure its not a red herring to keep us on our toes, if not I think the only relevance is the numbers.

Or maybe a pair of 3D specs!! You know looking at it through different colored lenses.

Im off to buy a tin of Quality Street!!!!! (the wrappers)!!

Peace

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter

Lol, I get 62131416131. I got my numbers by assigning each color a value. Darkest 3, medium 2, lightest 1. Since the first two colors are the dark, I give it a 6, next is one medium so it gets a 2, etc. Howd you come up with your numbers Psycho?

Also, I see two horizontal lines at the top and two at the bottom.

Quite similar methods and results...
This is how I did it:

I assigned the colors numbers the same way you did:

Dark = 3, Middle = 2, Light = 1

Then I also assigned numbers to the widths of the clumns:

Narrow = 1, Wide = 2

The multiplied the results:

Column 1: Dark (3) x Wide (2) = 6

and so on...

EDIT:

I must have been stoned or something...

The numbers my method generates are:

6, 2, 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 6, 1, 3, 1

So, in total agreement with Kelter.

oops

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Psychopump]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Using my above method, but splitting the columns not into wide and narrow, but counting 14 equally sized columns:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think it needs solving as the

'Complete Solutions Deliver Concluding Cryptograph Statement'

I'm almost positive the scrambled bit is done properly, there seems to be nothing else in the picture there.

If it was done, they would change the website I presume, however this is not the case.

Something is missing.

56 colours, 56 boxes. maybe the out-of-place letters fromm the previous questions can have some meaning. Can they be assigned somehow?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

interesting, I wonder if the 'wide columns' are actually different colours, I might be my eyes, but I can see a slight difference between the colours in the wide columns of green and purple.

If this is right then there would be more numbers, maybe ranging from 1 to 14?

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join