It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: The Ugly Truth...The Ugly American (Highly Disturbing)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Sadly I do agree with all those activities, even poorly-phrased and stripped from the larger context of the situation on the video.
But notice that, bloody-minded as I am, I can avoid name-calling towards those I disagree with...non-human as I may be.
( Oh yeah, another relevant quote, from The Stranglers: " We didn't use cruel words, to navigate cruel seas ")...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Poorly phrased? Forgive me i don't think i phrased things poorly, i thik i put the situation as it is. The words were blunt but not badly put.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel

Sadly I do agree with all those activities, even poorly-phrased and stripped from the larger context of the situation on the video.
But notice that, bloody-minded as I am, I can avoid name-calling towards those I disagree with...non-human as I may be.
( Oh yeah, another relevant quote, from The Stranglers: " We didn't use cruel words, to navigate cruel seas ")...

Well I was going to write a rather long response with all the colorful adjectives discriptions and opinions one at first impression of your post post would normally arrive at.

Then I realized I'd be giving you just what you are so desperate for.

I'm afraid telling you this much is all the attention that post of yours is gonna get. I encourage others to consider offering even less or

None at all.

- Con

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

LOL-I started to reply earlier, then I canceled, as I agree with you 100%.

Not even worthy of a lengthy retort.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
All of that crap is just so wrong,war is wrong.Everything it creates is wrong.War builds psychopaths,like the puppy thrower,most soldiers are psychopaths,they have to be,they are killers.

Soldiers do not go anyplace to fix things,they go places to fight with someone,to kill someone.They destroy stuff and blow stuff up,that is what they do,that is their purpose.

I was one once,but was never enough of a psychopath to stay in.
Scary part though,a lot the psychopaths who got out are cops now.

I see a lot of psychopathic behaviour out on the street,the way people treat one another,lie,cheat,steal and trick one another.Rape,rob and murder one another.

I grow so weary of this world,it is such a mess.

Only we can fix it though,but I don't feel that will happen soon enough for me to see it with my own eyes.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

I'm not so much desperate for attention, or colorful abuse, or slimly sourced attacks on my motivations, I don't think.
It's just that as I read a torrent of posts from the other point of view, I kind of wished to run up the flag for my point of view...kind of like a vegan watching a cooking show..." I don't go along with that recipe, nope, not the prosciutto...nope...Okay, how about beans and rice, over here!".
If pointing out that not everyone agrees with (your-point-of-view) is caused by attention-seeking, then you must experience much of the world as begging-for-your-validation, fairly often.
I don't tend to have that experience, much, myself though.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Sorry it's 5am and i havn't slept, are you saying my post wasn't worth a response or this other guy who replied to mine?

My apologies if i'm being dumb (which is very possible)

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Do you think this video portrays the U.S. military in a whole? Or just few idiot's, who God, only know's how they figured out how to turn on a camera. This is quite a horrific video, but I don't think this is the norm in the military. There should be a strict, zero tolerance policy for this kind of BS.

If you want to stop war you have to get rid of greed and envy. Get rid of the monetary system and make everyone equal. Money is the route of all evil, and thats a fact.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Logan

Well i suppose that's the point, it's a minority but the minority tarnishes the majority. If you were being invaded and your beighbor told yo uhow horrible the invading troops had acted what would you do? Would you tell all your neighbors? I'm sure i would and that creates the trouble.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Actually, you've said you were being dumb a couple of times here on this thread, and I want to correct you--Your responses have been excellent and quite appreciated by those of us trying to change these nightmares plaguing our planet. Keep fighting the good fight to end these atrocities.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I can't argue for the militaries behalf. What I was stating is there should be a strict punishment for these kind of actions. One rotten apple will spoil the whole bunch, which proves to be true in the that was presented.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
I see a lot of psychopathic behaviour out on the street, the way people treat one another. I grow so weary of this world, it is such a mess. Only we can fix it though, but I don't feel that will happen soon enough for me to see it with my own eyes.

Just as disturbing as the video IMO are some of the crazy comments in the Haloscan comment section for video:

www.haloscan.com...

Yeah -- and some of the comments here also.

I think shooting someone for animal cruelty is really over the top folks. Hatred just begets more hatred, which was the point of the video in the first place (in case that isn't obvious.)

It feels great to unleash hatred. Yeah. We need to take a step back whenever we start feeling that joy, and try to achieve a more reasonable disposition. Otherwise, it just feeds hatred and everything just gets worse.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

Absolutely. I myself have shot animals, i did it either for food or pest control. there was no emotion involved, in fact whenevr i took a bead on a poor rabbit i said sorry in my head. It might seem strange that i would do so as i took that rabbit home and skinned it but i honeslty felt bad at having to take it's life.

Even rats in barns i feel bad about shooting, they're causing trouble, eating the farmers produce and they need to be killed but i still feel bad about it. Then this soldier just throws a dog over the cliff? Sick.

That however isn't the worst part for me, and i know that seem odd to some but it just isn't! The kids being encouraged to run for a bottle of water, the children encouraged to chanct "i love pork" agains ttheir religion, the kids being encouraged to say "f**k Iraq", the adult men encouraged to say they "suck d**k" agains ttheir religion. All of these thins really shocked me. Why in gods name would the american trooops do this? They're just encouraging the people to hate them!

Whilst they might find it entertainign in the end they're just causing the populous to hate them, in the end it means that people will be attacking them more. If someone thinks that this is democracy then will they really want it? I bloody wouldn't!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Not worth the lengthy reply...

But I will say this... DO NOT JOIN THE US MILITARY...

The citizenry doesn't want you there!

good day!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Absolutely. I myself have shot animals, i did it either for food or pest control. there was no emotion involved, i honeslty felt bad at having to take it's life.

If someone thinks that this is democracy then will they really want it? I bloody wouldn't!

Yes. I have 100% agreement on that. When I say "reasonable disposition", your post is exactly what I mean. Nothing productive is happening in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

remember that some of these soldiers didnt sign up, some are troubled teens sentenced to the armed forces.... but then again most sane people dont sign up to go to war, me im patriotic and all, but ill wait for the fight to come here on my soil and then stand against invaders but, until then we got saddam pull out of iraq and finish in afghanistan and lets move on. what ever happened to helping them rebulid. if you think that videos sad how about dropping tons of aid to africans and watching the starving get mowed down while dictators steal the food.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I have to say that your limited qutiong of myself could be taken in several ways and make me seem quite bad! However i'll take it as i thinkyou meant it in the way of the idea that the current occupying forces aren't being helped image wise by these videos of psychopathic, hateful behaviors.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Id look at conscription as a positive step to removing this BS.
I mean, a large amount of todays front line troops, the expendable ones, are young out of school gas pumpers.. you know, the recruit walks through poor suburbs, talking up bombs, hummers, the cash the thrills, and the young kid says hell yeah and joins, thats todays problem..

But in a conscription, you get people from society, actual people.
Moms, dads, accountants, doctors, mechanics etc etc.
People who have families, have homes have REASONS to come back stable and healthy.

These people will go over there, if they are genuine they will rise in the ranks, controlling platoons etc etc.
They dont want to go home with images of dead babies they massacred, or puppies they threw off the ledge.

The US military is struggling to meet demands, so they reduced selection criteria, when that didnt help they decided to ignore some criminal convictions.

Meaning, most of those people who COULD be drafted that woudl do this crap are already there.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

The forces aren't being helped image wise by these videos of psychopathic, hateful behaviors.

Yes. I think that message needs to come through. (The quoted text was a bit confusing, sorry.)

The whole war is a big pool of hatred, feeding more hatred. We aren't being productive at all. What is our point of being there? To engender such hatred that the war never ends?

I think we could be a lot more productive. For example, we could really police our actions over there a lot more carefully, spend more time on watching ourselves. We could get a better level of people working with the general population. Get the soldiers out of day-to-day contact with the Iraqi people and into some hidden base over there. We could try to start acting CONSISTENTLY like the good-guys.

So I think your post was pretty good on that, and I starred it. I think you nailed it when you said that the USA is not making democracy look very good to the Iraqis -- that is what I wanted to quote and respond to.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a great percentage of ATS'rs hate me and put me on ignore. But here's the deal. I've had it with war, I had it with a "few bad eggs" in the military. I've simply had it. I am now officially a military hater. I will not, under any circumstances associate WILLINGLY with anyone associated with the military. This is BS. You can blame war for the actions of these men/women. You have to already be mentally mind screwed to do some of the things on this video. If after all their testing the military does, does not weed out these freaks then it is the MILITARY itself that is wrong!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S THE BOTTOM F**KING LINE!!! The military allows these freak shows in. The military should be boycotted! F them all!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join