It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: The Ugly Truth...The Ugly American (Highly Disturbing)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
These people are absolutely pathetic. If I had a gun, I'd shoot them myself.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Taunting kids with water... Not funny... probably happens every few months...

Taunting any Iraqi for a lack of english comprehension happens daily.

Hell it happens here... The spanish speakers do it to the english speakers and we do it right back... This is a fact of not being multi-lingual, you will be mocked for it... you just won't know it because you cannot speak the language you are being mocked in. I don't see a problem with it, as long as their not hurting people.

The grenade thrower will definitely get what he deserves, because that is Karma.

The puppy thrower just got what he deserved (and trust me his 5 days in MP custody while being shipped back will be pretty crappy for him...)

now... ALL of that said... Everything but the language mockery is probably a 1 in 100,000 occurrence. Videos like these make out the entire military to be bad guys. There are MILLIONS of examples of them being good guys...

My favorite one...

incase linky doesn't work...

www.youtube.com...

Not all soldiers are bad... but when you take anyone you can get the occasional nut-job slips through the cracks...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
People, please DIGG this story so it gets noticed!

digg.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven

Not all soldiers are bad... but when you take anyone you can get the occasional nut-job slips through the cracks...

I am veteran and had seen many servicemen doing some pretty horrible things too. Of course we want to believe the good guys always prevail and that they out number the bad guys. The problem is, the good guys can go about there business in plane sight while much of the bad is done under the cover of stealthy tactics at night or with as few if any, witnesses.

After seeing that first one as disturbing as it is, I can't blame DD for bringing it to our attention, in fact I think it is neccessary but won't get into the reasons why at this time.

I want to thank coven for posting that video of the soldiers dancing and also what you said at the end there. It helps put this thread back into perspective.

The comments made by those who seek a comparison of repugnant acts of violence finding the limits to vulgarity and senseless acts of torture and murder using tit for tat arguments about who is cutting heads off and strapping bombs to childrent etc are so missing the point it, they should feel embarrassed by their ignorance. The comments made about War being Ugly? This was NEVER about War if you even want to call it that. It is about the systematic methodical genocide of an Oil Rich Iraq poweful men in Business and Government Covet.

This was not a War, it was a Massacre in a country we have no business messing with in the first place. Talking about Stones Thrown at woman till there death as if we have room to judge that culture.

Have you forgot the American Indian and not too far in our past, we would lynch a Black man kidnapped and seprated from their wives and children just for talking back to a white man?

This isn't about who can do evil acts more graphically more gotesque with more callous willfull want and disregard for Human beings lives. If someone can toss a puppy over a cliff or taunt thirsty children with water making them run getting even more thirsty,,,

how far away is decapitating one of them?

What disfference does it make if they strap the grenade on them or just toss one out the window at them?

Does it matter if it's our guys doing it or their guys? Ill bet it doesn't matter to the victims.

Ill betcha all that matters to them,,,

is why it was done

at all

- Con

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
So my stupid views on this.

Firstly the soldiers taunting the children with clean water. Well this isn't a part of war, this is simple cruelty, are they good envoys for the american people and their beliefs?

Then theres the whole sheep grenade incident, actually i thought they were goats but that's a small point. The farmer is probably a man trying to support his family, in his situation, would you be pleased that your flock had been killed? As your children went hungry, as your wife and yourself gave up food just to feed them, would you like the occupying force? the solider laughing at the end disturbed me, i think what has happened here is a man has seen such horrible things, he can't cope with it and so this happens. I thik we're hearing the laughter of someone desperately trying to cope with what they've seen.

then there are the troops handing out something to adult men whslt trying to make them agree to things against their religion. The men probably don't know what they're being asked to agree to. However the important point is why the troops would do such a thing. The troops seem to equate any muslim with a terrorist and so they degrade anyone who has the reliigon and worse they assume anyone of that race has that religion.

Why would they denegrade any person over their religion? If someone did that to me i'd hate them wholly and fully. Granted i'm not religious but i mean seriously, how can we expect cooperation from the native people in Iraq if the american troops are treating them so appallingly? They'll hate us and that won't lead to democracy, it will lead to the deaths of american, british and other troops, seen as hateful occupants. Remember that if an american soldier mistreats these people then they will attack any person in a uniform regardless of nationality.

This is a small sample of the american military, however a small diseased part of an organism can effect the rest of it.

The american troops are there to bring peace (if we believe the official line), instead they are bringing intolerance, hatred and abuse. Ask yourself, if you were an Iraqi, if you saw your sheep blown up which support your children, if you saw them inciting people to chant "i like pork", would you like them? Or would you despise them?

As for the puppy incident, i think we're seeing someone whos lost his mind. Either before the war or after. He's so decensitised to suffering he can't see how bad that is. I felt so awful as the puppy cried going over the cliff, yelping for all it's worth. It's an animal yes, but to do that to an animal is the sort of thing serial killers do, it still takes a lack of empathy to do that.

I coudln't do it could you? Are you lacking in such empathy? It's not a normal mindset, how will he cope whne he gets home? How will his brain chemically deal without the constant rush of serotonin and endorphines that such acts incur? He'll be left without emotion and empathy and then what?

It's sad, it's worrying and i just wish the american troops would act with more respect. There has been the occasional video of UK troops misbehaving but the attitudes to war between the two military's seem quite different. the UK solider treats it as a job, to be done by the book and on orders. The american soldier seems to treat it as a motion picture or video game. to get the high score, kill as many as possible and enjoy it along the way.

I know that's not the same for all soldiers, but it seems there is a big element of it.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I empathise with you man, I really do. This would be yet another perfect example of thread bashing the American soldiers doing 'such a good job'.

However, the reality in street wars, and I have been there, is that it is not pleasant irrespective of what the politicians tell us.

There are no winners in this type of battle - the Americans have no hope of winning over the hearts and minds (the true battle) if they are to succeed.

This is why I am so set against an invasion of Iran. It will get worse before it will get better.

My thoughts.

Brei.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I could just as easily start a thread called, "The Ugly Truth, The Ugly African-Americans" and link to a story of a local gang-banger who killed a ten-year old boy by shooting him in the head. If I did this, it would rightfully be slammed as racist crap.

But for some reason there is an element here that thinks nothing of doing the same type of thing to degrade Americans, and especially the U.S. military. We get it. You don't like the war. Being against the war is an intellectually easy position to take. War is bad. Killing is bad. We get it.

What you don't get is that the world is filled with people who do bad things. Some of these people would like to wipe Israel off the map and kill every Jew on the planet. Until these people join modern society and can be trusted not to inflict genocide on the Jews, we may need war, and the threat of war, to stop them.

Put another way, if you're sitting around a camp fire and you're singing "Imagine" while another guy is sneaking up behind you with a club, you're going to end up dead no matter how nice the words of the song sounded. I think it is rather naive and unrealistic to expect a sudden global epiphany that creates a world in which we can trust other nations to do us no harm.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

As for the puppy incident, i think we're seeing someone whos lost his mind. Either before the war or after. He's so decensitised to suffering he can't see how bad that is. I felt so awful as the puppy cried going over the cliff, yelping for all it's worth. It's an animal yes, but to do that to an animal is the sort of thing serial killers do, it still takes a lack of empathy to do that.

I coudln't do it could you? Are you lacking in such empathy? It's not a normal mindset, how will he cope whne he gets home? How will his brain chemically deal without the constant rush of serotonin and endorphines that such acts incur? He'll be left without emotion and empathy and then what?

Ya know, to this day I have not been able to watch that video of the puppy being thrown over the cliff. I had heard about it before and couldn't watch it. As soon as I saw the marines arm going up with the puppy in his hand I shut it off. For some reason it is more appalling to me than if I saw him shove a man over the side of the cliff.

I agree with you though, that guy has something seriously mentally wrong with him. If I was there at the time, I'd have aimed my side arm at him and instructed him to put the animal down.

If he insisted on tossing it like that,, I honestly can't tell you I wouldn't have shot him for doing that, Court Martial or not.

- Con

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

I'm afraid i'm on your side here, i might not have shot him but i would have beat the hell out of him and needed to be dragged off. For those who say that's stupid, it's not about an animal being worth more than a human. for me it's about the mindset, the idea someone can be so utterly unfeeling as to hurt another being in such a way for entertainment. To me that is horrifying, for food yes sure no problem, for fun? Well i hate such people.

The man has no empathy, that to me is highly distressing.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

'Ya know, to this day I have not been able to watch that video of the puppy being thrown over the cliff. I had heard about it before and couldn't watch it'.

I felt the same and you don't want to. It just instills hate in the soldier who done it. Not worth it!!

Brei.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
check this link out as well > 5 guys rape a 15 year old gurl so bad that she hangs herself right after, then the guys kill her entire family.
youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Pretty disgusting when you thnk about it.
We shouldnt be there in the first place, but we forced this on the Iraqi's.
We're all apologetic now because we've destroyed their sewage facilities, created mass famine and disease, because we killing families, and supply arms to the militia's who are also killing families.

And to top it off,

For Fun...

we go throw grenades at a farmers sheep,
we throw someones puppy over a cliff.....
we make fun of someone who's obviously sick, malnourished and scared..
we make kids and adults say lude things

all for laughs?

while true, this may be a small portion of the US Military, and chain of command in the end is to blame..

Its all to common in American society anyways.

This is what happens when you allow teenagers with criminal records or no money, or no educaiton into the US military.

This is precisley the reason why the US lost in Vietnam, and now in Iraq.

The bulk of your fighting force are there for the thrill, the paycheque or because there's no one to answer too, for anything you do for fun.

But, I do take solice..

These soliders will be returning home one day, with a lust for the 'Iraqi-experience'

American society will become its own baghdad when the economy forces many into the streets... luckily for them though, they had extreme training.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I think this is a good arguement against consription, what do you think? I tend to respect your views on such things and i'm interested in your opinion.

My major point though is that the reasint he world hates the USa is becuase of their foreign policay and how their troops act aboard. The UK troops are rarely criticized like this and that's because they chose to do the job and to them it is a job. that makes all the difference it seems in a war.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

You couldn't be more incorrect in your statements here.

"Being against the war is an intellectually easy position to take"...WRONG--Being PRO-WAR and violence is the intellectually easy route--You don't have to think about how to CHANGE the situation:You just silence any differences by killing the opposition. It is far HARDER to fight for PEACEFUL and DIPLOMATIC solutions to our differences than it is to solve them with eye for an eye violence.

Again, it's the FOREIGN POLICY and WAR-PROFITEERING here that is the problems, and make no mistake about it---THAT IS WHAT IS DRIVING THIS DISASTER.

If someone ATTEMPTS to sneak up on us HERE (on our turf), then we hand them their ass. The people in the country we invaded and have been occupying for YEARS now, had nothing to do with that-PERIOD.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
Ya know, to this day I have not been able to watch that video of the puppy being thrown over the cliff. I had heard about it before and couldn't watch it. As soon as I saw the marines arm going up with the puppy in his hand I shut it off. For some reason it is more appalling to me than if I saw him shove a man over the side of the cliff.

I agree with you though, that guy has something seriously mentally wrong with him. If I was there at the time, I'd have aimed my side arm at him and instructed him to put the animal down.

If he insisted on tossing it like that,, I honestly can't tell you I wouldn't have shot him for doing that, Court Martial or not.

- Con

I am happy to see i wasn't the only one who couldn't watch that.Not the rest of it is any better...but to kill an animal just like that ?
A lot of things can be explained or put into some kind of perspective/context.But to take away a life for fun.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The puppy thing is one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever seen. It was such an adorable little thing. Man's best friend. What did it do to deserve such a horrible act?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My issue with this thread and some of the responses is that a number of people are implying that non-Americans only do horrible stuff because of Americans.

Fresh excuses in 3...2...1....

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by scotty18

That's stupid. Bad peopel do bad things plain and simple, however the ameican foreign policy has caused armed services to be dragged intoa war where bad things happen.

American troops however seem to be at the forefront of war crimes and bad things happening in the area. Would you like someone who destroyed your flock, asked your kids to chant things against your religion for food, or gave out rewards to adult men as long as they also said things against their religion?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Look man, I'm not going to get into the troop bashing thing--War is an absolutely disgusting and sickening enterprise altogether that brings out the very worst in us as a human species. But the POLICIES that lay the groundwork for this type of barbaric and inhumane atrocities have got to end SOME TIME. We can not keep going on like this and expect to survive. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. It is time for everyone to wake up on all sides and change this. No more wars and occupations---PERIOD. Defend our borders and infrastructure from any foreign infiltration or threat, but stop this foreign invasions, occupations, and atrocities.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

I was in absolute tears after watching this. When will we ever stop hurting each other and causing this endless suffering?

Sigh.

I didn't see anything unsuitable in this video. It made me smile, it made my heart leap with joy.
I'd rather the world were filled with people like them, than that the world were filled with people who are "too good" to be like them.
Which goes to show, there are two kinds of people in the world, that's what makes horse races, let's see which type of evildoer is left standing on the last pile of charred bones.
Both the actions of the soldiers and the words in your post bring to mind a nice quote from William S. Burroughs :" Other people are different from me, and I don't like them."
( But then again, almost every statement involving humans brings that quote to mind...but I don't want to get all literary, with other quotes...better stop now)

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

So you agree with killing animals simply for enjoyment? You agree with teasing human beings, making them do what you want before you give them food and water? You agree with blowing up animals and destroying livestock that will support a man and his family merely for fun? Even if that man and his family now starves because of being short a herd?

You're a sick human being if you think that's correct. Actually i woudln't even call you human.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join