It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: The Ugly Truth...The Ugly American (Highly Disturbing)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

Exactly the military is the only reason that were over there.

There will always be wars unless the people themselves refuse to fight.

Yeah we should have a military to protect us but when we send our forces everywhere to police the world we are killing more people.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

I knew someone who died in Iraq, he was a good man, he was disgusted by some of the actions of the american troops, please don't throw them all in together.

Hating the military is the wrong way to go, this man could easily have had his mind broken AFTER invading Iraq. Beforehand he may have been the most lovely perosn you ever met. In fact i believe that the most feeling and caring people are the most likely to end up like this after witnessing such things. Their minds can't cope with such horrors and so they become horrors themselves to cope with it. There is no process to weed them out, it's impossible.

Of ourse they could also be psychopaths from the start, however they're rare.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It's not just the military or just a few bad apples. It's policies, procedures & training that allows the bad apples to remain and continue.

Here's some more ugly Americans
anyone guess where they got their training?

[edit on 14-6-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
that video makes me sick,yeah al qaeda cuts people heads off,but those children didnt,those puppies didnt.the sheep didnt....if those guys want to do that stuff to al qaeda then i would have to turn my head,but geez....i know a few good soldiers though,soldiers who wouldnt have watched some dude throw a puppy.i guess im ranting now and i forgot the topic..............sickening

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This is old. But the truth is that there's always a55holes out there. There's nothing can do anything about it, same thing as there's always crime.

However, people are generally good. So lets not blame the majority for a few losers.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I don't want to live on this planet anymore!!!
WTF???
I will never be the same again.
To the OP - Thank you for exposing me to truth.
To the OP - Damn you for exposing me to this much of it.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
You know, I've watched a couple of these videos so far, and it all seemed so familiar...

Anyone here ever get a Vietnam Vet to tell stories? These Iraq stories are almost exact repeats of Vietnam... but the sick part is that these aren't draftsmen... these are people that willingly volunteered.

Like I've stated in other posts, I grew up in a military town. I grew up with these people, and I can honestly say that about 1/4th of the 'grunts' are like this... they have this sick side to them. I've heard so many stories, it's not funny. I'm basically desensitized to it now, but it doesn't make it any less worse of a crime in my mind.

This ain't no "hippy" s**t talking here, I'm speaking from direct friendships and communication. I believe we have a need and use for a military, but this war, IMHO, is an abuse of troops, and no different than abuse of a handgun. We should be showing ALL the videos of atrocities in Iraq right along with Vietnam. WWII? I don't know... I've heard a very select few stories about WWII soldiers... apparently there were actually people with morals who joined military back then.

This protest of human anti-moral happenings has nothing to do with the old hippy movements. Nobody here is sitting in a circle in self denial singing "Kumbaya", pretending that if they think hard enough that things are really ok that they become so. Everyone here that has spoke out against these actions is, at least in some little way, standing up and taking action... not just patting each other on the back for a good song performed.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Sorry it's 5am and i havn't slept, are you saying my post wasn't worth a response or this other guy who replied to mine?

My apologies if i'm being dumb (which is very possible)

No he was talking about the "I'm Mean Extreme, My Posts R So Keen. I may be way out but I keep em clean"

That guy

- Con

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
"It is easy to go down into Hell;
Night and day, the gates of dark Death stand wide;
But to climb back again, to retrace one's steps to the upper air -
There's the rub, the task."

-Virgil, The Aeneid

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Huh, i huh? Sorry you gotta explain that one to me i'm afraid.

And no this isn't a one line post ATS admin.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

well of course your veteran patriot friends arent going to admit to the crimes they commited overseas. I can gaurantee you that if those children were american children the men in this video would be punished by law. but why should the troops care they're being paid to terrorize the poverty ridden children and throw the baby animals off cliffs The u.s troops are the real terrorists in this war. and this is not a generalization because this is not the first video of american nazi troops i've seen in iraq.

so the outcome of the war so far is: a huge national dept
american's are terrorizing children
the economy is at an alltime low
the men responsible are still alive and well

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Look man, I'm not going to get into the troop bashing thing--War is an absolutely disgusting and sickening enterprise altogether that brings out the very worst in us as a human species. But the POLICIES that lay the groundwork for this type of barbaric and inhumane atrocities have got to end SOME TIME. We can not keep going on like this and expect to survive. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. It is time for everyone to wake up on all sides and change this. No more wars and occupations---PERIOD. Defend our borders and infrastructure from any foreign infiltration or threat, but stop this foreign invasions, occupations, and atrocities.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

I was in absolute tears after watching this. When will we ever stop hurting each other and causing this endless suffering?

Sigh.

Defending your borders? GO HOME AND DEFEND THEM THEN. American's don't even understand geography or demographics outside of America and yet claim to be defending their borders in OUR countries.

Stop for a bit and think why we hate Americans.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by mOOmOO]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I am disgusted and appalled at the way these soldiers are treating these children and calling them names.

It isn't any wonder that they join terrorist cells, as the taunting,teasing, abusing only breeds contempt towards the soldiers. Let us not forget the parents' reactions when they hear how their children are being treated.

The West has no right to be in Iraq, and the troops should have been pulled out years ago.

After seeing this, I now know why those of us in the West are hated so much.

I am glad these tormentors aren't in my immediate family, as I would give them a tongue thrashing, if they were.

The West is the invaders, and our troops have no right to be there. I will watch the rest of it, so that I can further comment on it later.

The soldiers in this clip should be immediately discharged and sent home.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Stoopid!!!! No wonder we are still in Iraq, our leaders and generals have NO control over our troops. Bunch of rednecks. They act jsut like the russians during world war 2, but on crack.
American education system at its best.... this video is proof of that.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Incidents like those of the video have most likely occured in every occupation through out history...."history" it has a tendency to repeat it self don't you think?

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Seaman_Richie]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I am glad that I am a member of ATS, because you can gaurantee to find the truth and see what is really going on in this world that the news channels won't tell us. They make out that we are the 'good' and the Iraqi's are evil for killing our troops.

I now wonder after seeing this video, if this is really what is behind the killing of our troops. Don't forget there are many Iraqis, who know how to speak English, so those who didn't understand what was said to them, after seeing this will tell their friends.

Hence there will be a continued cycle of violence and hate, as the soldiers have proven that they are the wicked ones. I am not going to tar all the soldiers with the same brush, as I know their are soldiers, who don't like the taunting, but feel pressured and fear bullying themselves from their peers.

However, if I was a soldier, I would report the misconduct to my superiors. I am certainly glad that I am not, and I for one loathe war and warmongers.

How would we feel if they came over and taunted us the same way, as many of us couldn't speak their language. I feel these soldiers, and Bush, Blair and Brown should be tried for war crimes and crimes against humanity. They sent the troops over and that makes them responsible for their actions.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Apparently other countries do this too...

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOOmOO

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Look man, I'm not going to get into the troop bashing thing--War is an absolutely disgusting and sickening enterprise altogether that brings out the very worst in us as a human species. But the POLICIES that lay the groundwork for this type of barbaric and inhumane atrocities have got to end SOME TIME. We can not keep going on like this and expect to survive. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. It is time for everyone to wake up on all sides and change this. No more wars and occupations---PERIOD. Defend our borders and infrastructure from any foreign infiltration or threat, but stop this foreign invasions, occupations, and atrocities.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

I was in absolute tears after watching this. When will we ever stop hurting each other and causing this endless suffering?

Sigh.

Defending your borders? GO HOME AND DEFEND THEM THEN. American's don't even understand geography or demographics outside of America and yet claim to be defending their borders in OUR countries.

Stop for a bit and think why we hate Americans.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by mOOmOO]

Um... are you even reading the text that you've quoted? Cause it sure doesnt seem like you are, if that's your response to it... that's precisely what the poster is saying...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
And some of you are still wondering why America is one of the, if not the, most hated countr(y)ies in the world.

How could a government that disrespects human rights, allows torture, lies to and abandons its own people, bring democracy to Iraq?

Let's face the truth, Bush and Co have been democratically elected by the majority of Americans and thus you got to take responsibility and bear the burden.

An army that is full of the biggest scum, lacking discipline, professionalism and order, and moreover, committing the most horrible crimes possible, cannot bring democracy.

How dare you calling others a terrorist. You have no right to, look into the mirror what you are doing to the world.

After Gitmo, Abu Ghraib, the Iraqi civilian killing spree after one US soldier got killed, the various rape crimes, you really cannot define these violations as being 'incidents'.

And yes, people know there is a huge group of Americans rejecting these crimes and the policies of their government but the fact remains that a majority of the Americans did support this government and therefore its actions and many out there still support Bush.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
And some of you are still wondering why America is one of the, if not the, most hated countr(y)ies in the world.

How could a government that disrespects human rights, allows torture, lies to and abandons its own people, bring democracy to Iraq?

Let's face the truth, Bush and Co have been democratically elected by the majority of Americans and thus you got to take responsibility and bear the burden.

An army that is full of the biggest scum, lacking discipline, professionalism and order, and moreover, committing the most horrible crimes possible, cannot bring democracy.

How dare you calling others a terrorist. You have no right to, look into the mirror what you are doing to the world.

After Gitmo, Abu Ghraib, the Iraqi civilian killing spree after one US soldier got killed, the various rape crimes, you really cannot define these violations as being 'incidents'.

And yes, people know there is a huge group of Americans rejecting these crimes and the policies of their government but the fact remains that a majority of the Americans did support this government and therefore its actions and many out there still support Bush.

Of course, the UK soldiers doing it a couple years back, that was more acceptable, or is it just less fashionable to hate on them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join