It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Mugabe's militia burn opponent's wife alive

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Yea kill 13 million people that would be a good idea, I have friends from Zimbabwe there are alot of good folks from that area of the world, the majority of the people arn't like these barbaric criminals that work for Mugabe. Seriously please use your brain before you post, there would be nothing left of the world if we went by your logic.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by estar

Not the entire country, just precision strikes, especially government infrastructures and the homes of private officials.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by estar

Well if we don't do anything, going by your logic, there's going to be nothing left of the world, too. So do you have anything fresh to add, any resolutions or do you just want to attempt to denigrate me? That won't help either.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Personally I have no problem with China propping up a variety of failed states as long as they agree that they are paying and not us. Africa maybe rich in minerals, but it is a basket case politically and nothing good will come from involving ourselves in their politics.

An Anglo Alliance should offer the nations who give a monkey’s in Africa a trading pact and cut out the EU and their CAP. All the rest can be sorted by the NGO’s. Let them feed us in part as return for our money on fair terms. Make them rich and forget the bloody EU, its fascist anyway.

Has for Zimbabwe, Bob’s just a figure head now and the power lies with the military, the MDC is peeing up a rope if it thinks its going to win. The best we can do is highlighting the failures and wish them well.

But don’t forget, if you disagreed with Saddam swinging in a new and complicated Iraq then you have no right to ask for Mugabe to suffer the same. We can’t fight regardless because we don’t have the strength. So we pick our fights, or fight none. Take your pick.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

The problem is, dropping nuclear weapons only injures the innocent. The elites maintain their wealth and power. All you're doing is killing innocents. There is nothing solved, as far as bringing peace and prosperity, by war and using nuclear arms. Suffering increases, and later generations feel disdain toward the country that attacked them. It also causes disdain within the country. Just look at internment camps during WWII and the discrimination of individuals of Middle Eastern descent in the present.

Buying into the idea that nuclear arms settles anything is just perpetuating the colonial/imperialist mentality, and further underdevelops the cultures of others. It also lowers yourself to the level of those you are fighting. Sacrificing your soul isn't worth winning, for you are left with nothing in the end. Mugabe is horrible, the government is horrible, it is not the people who are horrible.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The FBI, CIA, and Special Forces dont prop up citizenry with training, arms, money, and logistics. They only create death squads who's purpose is to stop a social or political revolution. Besides, there are enough child soldiers in Africa as it is.

reply to post by estar

You might be thinking of the famous School of the America's which is linked to the training of the Nicaraguan Death squads, and countless torture squads throughout Latin America.

Here's a good website fighting to close the SOA's:
www.soaw.org...

[edit on 13-6-2008 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

How does the term 'precision strike' relate to 'nuke'? Unless you were using the term figuratively it would make more sense to follow your plan with smart bombs. Even so, say you were 100% successful, what would happen the next day that you think would be better?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
We have Nuclear weapons for a reason, and it's HIGH time we used them to prove a point.

Said it before, and no doubt I'll say it again...

Its attitudes like this that cause people to fly airliners into buildings.

'nuff said.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Why is assassination off the table for tyrants like this? There are quite a few of these types of guys who deserve to die, NOW. I know we have the means to do it...just think, no more wars. But every time one of these guys abuses the power they are entrusted with *kablooey*. Gone.

If the guy who takes they're place is as bad or worse *Whomp*.

Maybe then power abusers would get the point/maybe not, because they will all be dead.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

Then what would you consider? It's easy to knowck other people's views down, that I'll admit, and I'm not attacking you, I'm just wondering if you have any proposal for peaceful resolution.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

We have mini-nukes.

I'm not sure about this situation. Do we wait it out and continue to let this happen and just hope that one day a few decades down the road things will change? Because it usually never happens like that if history is to be used as a vantage point of reference.

If we do attack, and we are successful, what then? Is the only option to send troops and have them occupy for an indefinite but necessary amount of time?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

MINI-NUKES

I hope you never get near "the button".

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Well how about you? Do you have any peaceful and progressive solutions to add? It's easy to sit here and knock everyone ideas down. Try forming some of your own, it helps all of us get a better idea of what to do.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
this will mugabe's undoing

watch - he shall soon be taken out i bet

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Read back in the thread... I do have ideas. They just don't include "mini-nukes".

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Why on earth would they do that?

Because terror works? Why do you think Vietnamese villages where napalmed?

What possible point is there in that kind of brutality?

Because it's what you have to do when you want to take so much form people while leaving them alive to further exploit them?

This has to be indicative of a completely alien culture to me.

I think it's high time you open a few history books...

Do they even attempt to justify or speak to their actions, or was this some kind of mob mentality thing?

Do you think YOU would have to say anything after you just killed the wife of one of your enemies? What would you have to say that he doesn't already know?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
So, are y'all saying that you want the US to send your sons to die for Africa? We should be a nannie for the world?

Well at least in Africa there are plenty of third world nations that can't do much worse than they are now and since there is no infrastructure to bomb into oblivion the USAF can for once do more good than harm...

Wasn't it this same Mugabe who was putting tires around people & setting them on fire a few years ago?

His got plenty of people that do that type of thing for him; stop watching Rambo movies....

These Africans seem to have a penchant for this sort of thing.

And maybe somewhere in the distant future they too will build death camps where you can kill and 'process' the bodies....

This is not the first horrific act they have ever done. It does get press tho.

Clearly Africans are too blame for all the worlds problems and i'm surprised they haven't taken Europe by force yet....

Africa is overpopulated. They are taking care of the problem whether they know it or not.

What Africa is is OVER EXPLOITED by the same old imperial powers that originally colonized and murdered whoever opposed them in any organized fashion. In many senses some African countries and people's are worse off than ever were before and it's just typical to blame the poor for their troubles while their oppressors makes out like bandits.

Stellar

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
Why is assassination off the table for tyrants like this? There are quite a few of these types of guys who deserve to die, NOW.

And what do you do with all of their loyal militants and second and third in command? It's not that easy.

If the guy who takes they're place is as bad or worse *Whomp*.

It's not just one guy, it's a group of people.

Maybe then power abusers would get the point/maybe not, because they will all be dead.

Not from assassination alone.

Like I said, it's either war or peace. Do you have any solutions that are peaceful? If we assassinate another country's leader we will definitely begin to feel the repercussions. They have militia or "terrorists" that would be more than happy to harm us.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Yes it stopped WWII on the Japan side.

The Soviet invasion of the Japanese holdings on China forced the Japanese to sign a surrender lest they not only lose their last formed army but allow their mainland to be invaded by a country that not only had the means but also the willpower to take their island from them.

It did stop a war. The war with Japan. Hirohito couldn't wait to sign the papers of surrender after the second bomb was dropped.

The war with Japan were over long before that and if the US offered the same terms in June than they did AFTER the dropped the nukes the Japanese would have signed it. Fact is the US administration actually compromised on their initial peace terms to ensure that the Japanese did not surrender to the USSR instead of the US. The nuclear weapons no more ended the war against Japan than the massed strategic bombing campaigns against either Japan and Germany forced them to surrender.

f the US wouldn't have let the Soviets get an even hand, then war could always be stopped by the threat of a nuclear bomb.

Right, and what alternative universe are you talking about exactly?

I really don't care about the deformations and sickness that was caused.

Neither did the US government when they decided to drop the nuke on a defenseless city that also happened to have the largest concentration of Christians in Japan; so much for the Christian liberators. The Japanese didn't expect much mercy they were not proven wrong.

Their emperor, had he cared for them, should have heeded the warnings. If their own emperor didn't care for them, why should I?

Since when did most emperors care more about their people than themselves? What was the Japanese government supposed to do when the other Imperial powers suddenly decided to cut them off at the knees? Do you really think it was Japan that initiated the war in the pacific because they happened to have fired the first shots?

Stellar

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
NOT oil -- platinum group metals, gold, lithium, chromium ore, copper, asbestos, nickel, iron ore, vanadium, lithium, tin, coal

'Great' Britain, the U.S., South Africa have been doing conventional and nonconventional warfare in Africa I think for over a hundred years.

They are trying to genocide the entire continent as they rob it's natural resources, including Zimbabwe, Angola, Zaire, Mozambique -- all these countries were created out of revolution against BOE & Fed & Bundesbank colonialism.

The BOE & Fed continue MI-6 & CIA destabilization programs to this day, including chemical and biological warfare.

I can not imagine the pain of having both feet and a hand lopped off, then being burned alive.

I do, however, know exactly whom to hold responsible, the Bank of England and the Fed and the Bundesbank interlocking directorates, who financed the original genocides in that area and continue to, today.

Want to have some fun, go here to the CIA World Factbook (kind of like a hit list) website and you'll see what natural resources are in Zimbabwe.

The UK annexed Southern Rhodesia from the [British] South Africa Company in 1923. A 1961 constitution was formulated that favored whites in power. In 1965 the government unilaterally declared its independence, but the UK did not recognize the act and demanded more complete voting rights for the black African majority in the country (then called Rhodesia).

UN sanctions and a guerrilla uprising finally led to free elections in 1979 and independence (as Zimbabwe) in 1980. Robert MUGABE, the nation's first prime minister, has been the country's only ruler (as president since 1987) and has dominated the country's political system since independence.

His chaotic land redistribution campaign, which began in 2000, caused an exodus of white farmers, crippled the economy, and ushered in widespread shortages of basic commodities. Ignoring international condemnation, MUGABE rigged the 2002 presidential election to ensure his reelection.

The ruling ZANU-PF party used fraud and intimidation to win a two-thirds majority in the March 2005 parliamentary election, allowing it to amend the constitution at will and recreate the Senate, which had been abolished in the late 1980s.

In April 2005, Harare embarked on Operation Restore Order, ostensibly an urban rationalization program, which resulted in the destruction of the homes or businesses of 700,000 mostly poor supporters of the opposition, according to UN estimates. President MUGABE in June 2007 instituted price controls on all basic commodities causing panic buying and leaving store shelves empty for months.

In October 2007, Constitutional Amendment 18 came into effect allowing for harmonized presidential and parliamentary elections, shortening the length of the presidential term to five years, and moving up the date for parliamentary elections. General elections are expected in March 2008.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by counterterrorist]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join