It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Mugabe's militia burn opponent's wife alive

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Robert Mugabe's militia burn opponent's wife alive

www.timesonline.co.uk

The men who pulled up in three white pickup trucks were looking for Patson Chipiro, head of the Zimbabwean opposition party in Mhondoro district. His wife, Dadirai, told them he was in Harare but would be back later in the day, and the men departed.

An hour later they were back. They grabbed Mrs Chipiro and chopped off one of her hands and both her feet. Then they threw her into her hut, locked the door and threw a petrol bomb through the window.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I dont post breaking news but after seeing this a felt I had to bring it to peoples attention.

Why is the world sitting by and letting this man stay in power? Its obvious he\'s not going to give up his presidency without a fight.

There was a chance to arrest him during his visit to the UN, instead they let him rant on and blame countries like the UK for the problems in zimbabwe.

He needs to go before he drags the rest of zimbabwe down with him.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I, like many others, are getting pretty desensitized to the nasty stuff that goes on in this world, but this one sickened me when i read it this morning.

CX.

[edit on 12/6/08 by CX]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
No you see the white liberal elites do NOT have a problem with this happening at all.

They had a problem with white V Black racism because it was the best way to be seen as an 'intellectual' and ' have the right credentials' i.e. against the apartheid of south africa.

Now this is black on black violence its not 'trendy' or 'the in thing' to be seen protesting, because after all this is the liberated black man from under the jack boot of white colonialism.

It will never be stopped for this reason - darfur and the sudan are blatant examples of this too.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
No you see the white liberal elites do NOT have a problem with this happening at all.

Excuse me?
Oh and your little post makes you come off as quite an elitist, but whatever you're in your ivory tower blaming liberals for everything in the world.

Have you never noticed most of the people that are demanding action in Darfur and Zimbabwe ARE liberals?

Back to the OP...
Why aren't we taking any action in Zimbabwe?
All we seem to do is mention in press conferences that we don't like what's going on.
Oh that's right.....no oil.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Ya know, I don't think this Mugabe fellow needs to be arrested at all.

Give him to me for a few days, justice will be served. I despise people like this, in power, and treat your people horribly. even if he didn't kill the woman himself, he did nothing to prevent it, and he is just as guilty.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It might have something to do with the fact that he's no threat to international security, only to his own country. It may also be based on the fact that other African leaders actually support the man. I really can't say... you'd have to ask the UN why they've never issued any hollow threats to the man that the US would eventually get tired of hearing repeated over and over after each new offense before finally saying "screw it" and taking him out.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think the elites have written off the black Africans and only view Africa as a landmass with material resources to be exploited.

This is such a horrible report to read but ZanuPF has done as much before and will do again as long as the ANC in South Afrika permit them to continue.

The real criminals are the ANC, but no one wants to hear that because one must be "racist" to voice such sentiments. Since I am only half-Caucasian I am very happy to vent my spleen without fear.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Its s*** like this that the UN should be sorting out.

If the UN wanted to retain some credibility it should at least begin talks on removing him from power instead of looking the other way, I bet if there was oil in Zimbabwe the UN would be all over this like a rash.

Its a sad state of affairs when an international organisation focuses more on economics than morality.

It seems Dadirai Chipiro isn't the only one to have had this kind of treatment, a six year old boy was also burnt to death when the militas came looking for his father (see link below)

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Racism has never been the driving force behind colonialism and imperialism. It was however, the reason given after the moves had already been made. The drive for colonies was a drive for economic dominance, it was about investment dollars and business bottom lines. After an army had rolled over the villages, the soldiers had spit the babies on bayonet's, and all the crops were burnt, was racism used to justify the atrocities. They were "inferior", "savages", "backwards people that needed our help", etc etc etc.

Imperialism and colonialism have nothing to do with racism, save for its use in propaganda.

FYI, those on the left have been consistently fighting against imperialism and colonialism worldwide for a long time now. It would be nice to see some of you guys on the right picking up your share of the weight.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
So, are y'all saying that you want the US to send your sons to die for Africa? We should be a nannie for the world?

Wasn't it this same Mugabe who was putting tires around people & setting them on fire a few years ago?
These Africans seem to have a penchant for this sort of thing. This is not the first horrific act they have ever done. It does get press tho.
Africa is overpopulated. They are taking care of the problem whether they know it or not.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
So, are y'all saying that you want the US to send your sons to die for Africa? We should be a nannie for the world?

That wasn't my point. What I was saying was that if our justification for going to Iraq is that there is a dictator and he's harming his people....what we used for reasoning in the Gulf War & the current war, then there are PLENTY of other places with that problem too. I don't think we should intervene in every countries problems, what would stop the same from happening to us?

Oh and women do fight and die in wars too.
It's not 1895.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The US should drop a nuclear weapon on the entire country, then say it was because of this type of tyranny, and say "Anyone else want to act like a fool?"

It's time to treat this kind of community injustice with community reprisal.

I say turn the country into glass and start fresh. Let the brutality in the world see what happens in this situation, then pick off Somalia, Iraq, etc.

We have Nuclear weapons for a reason, and it's HIGH time we used them to prove a point.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Why don't you go download the movie 'Threads' and then let us know if you're sill all about destroying everything for no reason other than 'it's there and it's high time'.

By your logic I could say, 'hey I have a gun and I haven't used it....it's high time I popped a cap in somebody.'
I could say it, but then I'd be an idiot.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

I'm sure if they said hey lets nuke America you would have a problem with it

Just because you have a bad Government running your counrty you should be nuked where is the logic in that?

I hope that Robert Mugabe rots in jail for the crimes he has committed

[edit on 12-6-2008 by duffster]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Why on earth would they do that?

What possible point is there in that kind of brutality?

This has to be indicative of a completely alien culture to me.

Do they even attempt to justify or speak to their actions, or was this some kind of mob mentality thing?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeadFirstForHalos
reply to post by Quazga

Why don't you go download the movie 'Threads' and then let us know if you're sill all about destroying everything for no reason other than 'it's there and it's high time'.

By your logic I could say, 'hey I have a gun and I haven't used it....it's high time I popped a cap in somebody.'
I could say it, but then I'd be an idiot.

You obviously don't see my reasoning.

Heres the deal. High levels of cruelty can only be offset by deterring it. But first you need an example.

I'm not saying do it for the heck of it. I'm saying do it very deliberately for the purpose of calling attention to what happens when cultures "teach cruelty".

I don't care if it is a square block of a city, or a nation, or an entire continent that goes. We have too many people on this planet to begin with. So what's the loss of a culture which "teaches cruelty".

I'm just saying that we should act like the Old Testament God, and punish the unrighteous nations as a whole and without hesitation.

Believe me, there would be a *whole* lot less of this type of murder if people knew that the repercussions were the complete eradication of a culture.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by duffster
reply to post by Quazga

I'm sure if they said hey lets nuke America you would have a problem with it

Just because you have a bad Government running your counrty you should be nuked where is the logic in that?

I hope that Robert Mugabe rots in jail for the crimes he has committed

[edit on 12-6-2008 by duffster]

Nope, If they had the ability to do so and we were "teaching cruelty" then I'd be all for it.

Keep in mind, many prophets of Israel called for it's own destruction because it lost its way.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Keep in mind, many prophets of Israel called for it's own destruction because it lost its way.

Got a reference for that? Sorry to be a stickler.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Heres the deal. High levels of cruelty can only be offset by deterring it. But first you need an example.

If this was true, capital punishment would have reduced violent crime rates to near zero.

I'm not saying do it for the heck of it. I'm saying do it very deliberately for the purpose of calling attention to what happens when cultures "teach cruelty".

What of cultures that teach neglectful cruelty to humanity? How many homeless children live on the streets of America while its affluent class goes to a 500 dollar a plate dinner?

Who decides which type of cruelty is deserving of annihilation and which is to be saved?

I don't care if it is a square block of a city, or a nation, or an entire continent that goes. We have too many people on this planet to begin with. So what's the loss of a culture which "teaches cruelty".

What of the ecological and environmental costs of using a nuclear device large enough to destroy Zimbabwe?

What of the damages to the surrounding area's from radiation clouds, nuclear fallout, and poisoned water systems? If the people of Africa are suffering from a lack of food and water now, who will feed them when they crops are full of ionized radiation and their waters with heavy metals?

I'm just saying that we should act like the Old Testament God, and punish the unrighteous nations as a whole and without hesitation.

But we are not gods. We are ants that wield the power of gods.

Believe me, there would be a *whole* lot less of this type of murder if people knew that the repercussions were the complete eradication of a culture.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Quazga]

Did Hiroshima and Nagasaki's bombings stop conflict and wars? No, all it did was force Japan out of the pacific theater and make a hell of a lot of people suffer horrible deformations and sicknesses.

I cant tell if you are serious or not about your suggestion...It seems very short sighted.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by InSpiteOf]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join